2014 Conference Challenge Week (2)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2014 Conference Challenge Week (2)

We are now into our annual conference challenge week.

Big Ten vs Pac 10

ACC vs Big 12

Games of The Week:

#4 Penn St (hokie effect) @ #1 USC (HovatheGodMC)

#5 VA Tech (DJ391) @ #2 Texas (Cnic75)

Get them game threads up asap, Next adv no later than friday night. Good Luck everyone

2. Hova

#1 USC 19
    #4 Penn St 7

USC gets the conference challenge win in LA thanks to some great defense. They had 2 Interceptions on the game along with a FF recovery. They held PSU to only 80 yards of offense in the first half. Things were not the same for the offense passing wise as they were forced to go to the ground alot more with QB Ricks unable to make the big pass plays that Barkley could. HB Blake had another strong 100 yard rush day. USC Heads to a bye next week after the big win.

Lets gooooooo Pac-10!!

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Yeah good game Hova. Despite my 3 TO's, missed FG, and numerous sacks I suprisingly hung in the game. Bonehead play of the year had to be when i was down 13-7 and in the redzone with obvious momentum, I scrambled and tried to float a pass above the LB who quickly jumped and snagged the INT. From the looks of your schedule you should be in the BCS title game again.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

and the Big 10 is set back a game. Don't worry Hokie, I intend to win tonight and redeem your loss.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Worst TD ever:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/19201200

Not a complaint on my opponent, he out played me for the final 22 minutes. This complaint is solely aimed at EA Sports for this laughable call. If this cost me the game I may be upset but in this case things were already looking bad for me.

6. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

#8 Miami 23
    #20 Oklahoma 42

Miami would jump out of the gate quick and go up 10-0 aided by an interception. Oklahoma was able to weather the storm and score the next 28 points to go up 28-10 at the half. It got a little crazy before halftime with both teams throwing a pair of INTs trying to score.

It was not a big offensive game. Miami was held to 61 rushing yards and 154 passing yards. His young WR's had a few drops. Oklahoma was limited to 30 carries for 100 yards on the ground, but managed 5 rushing TD's, 4 of them of from 4 yards or closer.

Next up for the Sooners is Tulsa.

7. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

I meant to grab that replay, I was a little shocked myself. Are there challenge in online play?

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

You cannot challenge plays, from what I recall. In another game I attempted to challenge an obvious non-fumble but I was unable.

Yeah having a true freshman starting tailback may not be the best idea. I may have to change back to my senior back. My biggest problem with him is his pass catching ability. He is the worst pass receiving back I have used in this game. He whiffed on 3 out of 4 wide open passes in a practice session earlier. My freshmen wide receiver also played like freshmen and my quarterback played like someone starting his first ever road game.

9. Hova

Lol, wow at that being a TD

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ohio St 35

UCLA 17

The Bucks were in control from the start, making big plays on all sides of the ball. The run game is what helped the Bucks today with Childs getting 200 yards on 29 carries. UCLA definetely has potential but just got overwhelmed by the D line. Bucks have their home opener next week against Kent State.

Players of the Game:

OSU: B. Childs -- 29 Car, 200 yards, 2 TD

UCLA: D. Hall -- 7 Rec, 96 yards, TD

GG Recchem...good luck with the rest of the season.

Last note of the night...Big Ten evens up the series with the Pac 10 with that victory...GO BIG TEN!!! (Can't believe I'm rooting for Michigan..)

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

GG Masler. Yep, my Bruins just got thumped in this one. It was 35-3 when we finally decided to play somewhat decent. OSU was just better at every position and I couldnt keep that HB from getting 1st downs. 0-2 start for UCLA and a trip to the Big House looms!

12. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Good job, Sooner, but holy crap, that dude was out at about the 5 yard line! I tried to challenge a fumble in my game vs. Toledo, and it would not let me; just said it "could not be challenged because I viewed a replay, or the play was ineligible." I didn't view a replay.

13. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Home Field Advantage!!

14. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Maybe home field will help me tonight!

15. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Can I quote myself?

Tech gets a win vs. FSU. Home field seemed to help as the Red Raiders seemed to make all the plays they needed, going 9-11 on third down. Big day for the Red Raider defense, only giving up 135 yards to the Noles.

Texas Tech 17
    Florida State 3

By the way, good game FSU.

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

congrats!

17. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan 21
    Oregon 20

The Wolverines narrowly escape Autzen Stadium with a one point win. After Oregon inadvertently posted this weeks opponent as Miami, the Wolverines were guaranteed to come in fired up. But they found themselves down 17-7 at the half and struggling to make plays offensively. Then Chris Parker took over for Stanford Carpenter, who had to leave the game earlier due to injury, and hit Eric Smith with a 22 yard pas in the end-zone. Oregon attempted a 47 yard field goal with just under 5 minutes left in the game but came up a couple yards short. Michigan then drove 70 yards for a 1 yard Ken Marshall touchdown. The Ducks were not done as they drove the length of the field for a five yard touchdown run by Perkins with 22 seconds left. In a bold move that will the topic of sports radio conversations all week, Coach TMac decided to go for two but Terrell Gandy broke through the Ducks line to stop Perkins in the back field and secure the 1 point victory for Michigan.

Good game TMac.

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

Big Ten triumphs over the Pac 10..whoooo

19. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Good game Suge. After having time to sleep on the call, the only thing I would have changed was the play I selected. Like I told you post game, with the way you were moving up and down the field on me in the second half I did not think I would be able to hang in OT.

I apologize to my PAC 10 brethren for the loss.

20. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Good game harris. Good luck the rest of the season.

21. Hokie Effect

Who won the VT vs Texas game???

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

looks like VT

23. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Va Tech-35
    Texas- 21

Virginia Tech pulls off the upset in this one thanks to a stingy run defense and great secondary play. They forced Texas into 4 turnovers on the day and held their run game all day no rb went over 50 yards. The offense showed good time and ball control all game having no turnovers all game. Freshman rashaun smith went down for the game early but the back up johnson came up big.

This was a big win for a young Va Tech team who will see two more top 15 opponents before heading into a bye.

24. Hokie Effect

Thats what I was hoping for......see ya week 4.

25. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

hoping for what?