2014 Conference Championship Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into Conference Champ Week. 2 User games this week.

SEC Champ Game

#3 Alabama (Cnic75) vs #15 Georgia (AbolishtheFed)

ACC Champ Game

#14 VA Tech (I Wictorious I) vs #6 Florida St (Ceewo)

Big 12 Champ Game

Nebraska vs Oklahoma

MAC Champ

Central Michigan vs Temple

CUSA Champ

Tulsa vs Marshall

Welcome to Week 15!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #3 Alabama Crimson Tide (11-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 27-14 against Iowa (8-4).
    This week, the Crimson Tide are idle.

=============== #6 Florida State Seminoles (10-2) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 17-10 against Penn State (11-1).
    This week, the Seminoles are idle.

=============== #15 Georgia Bulldogs (9-3) ===============
    Last week the Bulldogs were idle.
    This week, the Bulldogs are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) SS Reggie Jones has committed to Texas

=============== #25 Iowa Hawkeyes (8-4) ===============
    Last week, Iowa lost 27-14 against Alabama (11-1).
    This week, the Hawkeyes are idle.

=============== #17 LSU Tigers (9-3) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 45-42 against Miami (5-7).
    This week, the Tigers are idle.

=============== Miami Hurricanes (5-7) ===============
    Last week, Miami lost 45-42 against LSU (9-3).
    This week, the Hurricanes are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Sam Turner has committed to Miami
    - (***) RG Matt Moore has committed to Miami

=============== Michigan Wolverines (6-6) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 41-20 against Virginia Tech (9-3).
    This week, the Wolverines are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Matt Ward has committed to Northwestern

=============== #4 Oregon Ducks (11-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 48-45 against Oregon State (6-5).
    This week, the Ducks are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) SS Reggie Jones has committed to Texas

=============== #7 Penn State Nittany Lions (11-1) ===============
    Last week, Penn State lost 17-10 against Florida State (10-2).
    This week, the Nittany Lions are idle.

=============== #18 UCLA Bruins (9-3) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 38-14 against USC (12-0).
    This week, the Bruins are idle.

=============== #1 USC Trojans (12-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 38-14 against UCLA (9-3).
    This week, the Trojans are idle.

=============== #14 Virginia Tech Hokies (9-3) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 41-20 against Michigan (6-6).
    This week, the Hokies are idle.

Next ADV no later than SAT at 8 pm EST, but hopefully sooner.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm projected in Rose Bowl against Oregon/Hokie - FML

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I was hopin for a saturday night offseason but thats not happening, maybe sunday night if we push through bowls fast.

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Virginia Tech 34 - Florida State 10

First off, when we played this the first time, I had a small lead then picked off a pass inside the 50 a little bit before the half. Ceewo got sent to the dashboard, so he opted to have me finish against the CPU. The result didn't save, so I had to replay the whole game. It looked like it was going to be a close game down the stretch. Both defenses were playing well.
    Anyway...

The Hokies had been waiting all year for this game. Another shot at the Seminoles after losing on a failed 2 pt conversion in their previous meeting. Coach Killernuts had been telling them all week that they needed to start fast and finish strong. If they got in the lead, they needed to go for the jugular.

The odds looked to be against Virginia Tech. With star WR Brent Cameron out and MLB Chris Ryan injured on the first play of the game, it looked like the Hokies might not be able to stick with the Seminoles. However, Tech forced a stop and then scored on the next play when FSU sent a corner blitz. The Seminoles responded with a field goal and from that point it was all Virginia Tech. Redshirt Freshman QB Hicks was playing lights out and led Tech to 3 more TDs to give them a 28-3 lead going into half time. The second half consisted of some bend but don't break defense by the Hokies and some keep away ball on offense while they drained the clock. 2 insurance field goals were added in the fourth, and FSU was able to get into the endzone on a hurry up drive where they torched the Virginia Tech secondary. An interception by Sophomore stud CB Terry was the nail in the coffin.

This is Virginia Tech's first ACC Championship and BCS Bowl under Coach Killernuts.

They are projected to get a rematch against Texas in the Orange Bowl, depending on the outcome of the Big 12 championship game. There is currently no word on whether or not Chris Ryan will be back by then. It will be close.

Hicks - 269 rating, 19/22, 322 yds, 4 TDs, 0 INT - He had an amazing game, his throws were all dead on. His only incomplete passes were from throwing the ball away when he was under a lot of pressure.

Rodgers - 6 rec, 60 yds, 7 att, 20 yds - His numbers weren't great, but he was very important. Outside of 2 plays where people got through unblocked, he didn't do that badly on the ground. His receiving skills were essential with the crazy speed of the FSU defense... it was pretty rare for the receivers to get much separation.

MLB Scott - He filled in for the injured Ryan (who may have been my most important defensive player) and led the team in total tackles (10) and solo tackles (8). He also had a sack and a deflection.

---

This game actually relieved a lot of my worries for the future. The offense was still able to move the ball well without Cameron and my young guys really stepped up.

Hopefully we'll get another game with Florida State next year... see how that shakes out.