2014 Experience Offensive Freshman of the Year

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Big Suge Knight, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    This year we will have an Experience Offensive & Defensive Freshman of the Year. Now that we are six weeks into the season we have an opportunity to see which Freshmen are making an impact on the offensive side of the ball.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    K Seth Jones -- At 6'2 205 he is a good sized and strong legged kicker who will most likely make a run at the UF and SEC scoring records during his stay in Gainesville. Leads the SEC Kickers in scoring through week 14.

SEASON STATS: 21 / 22 FGs | 66 / 67 PAT | 129 Points Scored

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    WR Derek McCray -- As the #2 overall rated player in this year's recruiting class McCray was billed as a Heisman caliber player the day Coach Dakota signed him to wear the Garnet and Gold. Six games into his freshman campaign, McCray has not given his coach any reason to regret those statements. ACC defensive backs and coordinators must be losing sleep during game week to corral the fleet footed and solid hand youngster, who won the ACC Player of the Week honors after his 12 catch 226 yard and 3 TD performance against Texas Tech in Week 2. Leads the ACC in receiving touchdowns while currently third in the in receiving in receiving yards and tied for third in receptions
    Season totals 58 Receptions | 917 yards | 12 TDs | 1 dropped pass
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    K Sean Smith -- The rocket legged Smith may be Offensive MVP by years end. He has three FG makes over 50 yards including a 55 yarder. Leads the Big Ten in kicker scoring through week 14.
    Season Stats: 23 / 29 FG | 43 / 44 PAT | 112 Points Scored
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    HB Jason Cook -- Currently the Spartans second leading rusher and has managed to bust a couple plays for long gains including a 47 yarder. Has provided much needed depth spelling starter Nick Hill. 15th in the Big Ten in rushing.

SEASON STATS: 65 carries | 374 yards | 5 TDs

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Updated after week six

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Yo Suge you got Merritt on here but this is supposed to be the Offensive freshman of the year.

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Updated through week Nine.

Looks like McCray is going to run away with this one. Can anyone mount a late comeback? My guess is no but one never knows.

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

you mean the kicker can't win the award?

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

+1

7. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

My kicker will outscore McCray in a land slide.

8. dakota7

Most kickers outscore wide receivers. But there are still a ton of reasons kickers don't win MVP or Player of the Year awards.

The most important being...........they are fucken KICKERS!!!!

9. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Sheesh, that FSU receiver looks like a beast! I'm very jealous. Hopefully my kid can have the same impact next season.

10. dakota7

A little update out of Tallahassee, McCray has 58 balls for 917 yards and 12 tds to end the regular season. Leads the team in all 3 categories.

11. GoGators

Too bad he didn't get #59 when the game was on the line last weekend hahahahaha!

12. dakota7

I knew I'd get a reaction out of you.

13. GoGators

Hahaha, after the debacle our season 3 game created who would of thought that this would turn into such a fun little rivalry. I tip my hat to you Dakota for being a great sport. It's been a lot of fun playing our sunshine state rivalry this year and the saga that has gone along with it.

14. dakota7

Even though I've been on the short end of the stick, I do take pride in the fact that despite having the weaker team, I've given you some tough games. I hope your comment about finding someone else for '12 was just smack talk.....I'd hate to see you leave. Particularly with the real life recruit class FSU has coming, I might actually have the better team at some point next year.

15. GoGators

Sadly it wasn't smack talk.....I'm 99% sure I won't be UF in `12. I've used them the last 2-3 seasons so I've played about 12 total seasons with Demps, Rainey, Brantley, Debose, and etc. so it's time for a change. I think next year I'll be looking towards the Big10/Pac10 with my eyes on a rebuilder depending on what format we use.

16. dakota7

I suppose you could petition Shaun for a name change.............GoSunDevils!!!

17. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Updated through week 13

18. AJ Hart MN

I thought using Florida in 12' would be a rebuilding project. [​IMG]

19. GoGators

Yeah I hear where your coming from but not really. They'll have plenty of young talent so the roster will be above average for season 1 and maybe 2, but seasons 3 and 4 next year they'll be ridiculous. Gotta remember they pulled a sick recruiting class last year and the reason we sucked this year was we were really young at a lot of positions. Plus you add the #1 QB this year in Driskell to the roster and they'll still be a top squad to use in a dynasty next season.

20. AJ Hart MN

I know man, just piling on while we can.. With that new coaching staff, you guys will be the same old Gators we all love to hate. [​IMG] I'm hoping Jimbo can keep FSU trending upward so this rivalry can kind of resemble the days of the late 90's teams.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

GoCougs would be better!