2014 FIFA World Cup Impressions

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by I Peench, Feb 10, 2014.

?

Are you interested in purchasing 2014 Fifa World Cup?

1. Yes, it's a definite buy for me

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Yes I'm interested, but will wait for more media/impressions

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Not at all

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. No, I've permanently moved on to next gen

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

With the forthcoming release of the 2014 Fifa World Cup game, are you going to buy? If not, why?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Experience all the Fun, Excitement, and Drama of Football’s Greatest Event. Multiple improvements and innovations to the award-winning gameplay of FIFA 14, plus 100 new animations, make EA SPORTS™ 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ the most accessible, fun, and exciting EA SPORTS FIFA title on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

[​IMG]

Features
    • World Class Control – all-new control system which includes additional dribbles and flicks. New passing animations, including both ground and outside of the foot curling passes, will open the door to more attacking options.
    • Set Piece Tactics – Use the D-pad to command your teammates and strike fear from set pieces and corners.
    • New Penalty Kicks – New save animations and shot tuning puts players in control of their nation's fate. Keepers can throw off kick-takers by performing different animations including wobbly-knees, matador, and shoot-it-there points.
    • Over-the-Back Headers – Now defenders can leap over attacking players to clear the ball to safety.
    • adidas® Ball Physics — EA SPORTS and adidas® partner to deliver the most realistic ball physics system on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
    • adidas® micoach Training – Complete adidas micoach training sessions to boost in-game attributes for individual players on your team. Choose from six different attribute boosts and 18 different drills to improve your players’ performance during the tournament.
    Game Modes
    • Road to the FIFA World Cup™ – The most immersive tournament mode in EA SPORTS FIFA history. Choose from any of the 203 National Teams sanctioned by FIFA and play with up to 32 players locally through the qualifying rounds, and proceed on to the group stage of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™.
    • Road to Rio de Janeiro™ – Compete online with any of the 203 National Teams and progress across a map of Brazil's 12 host cities. Win the final and hoist the FIFA World Cup Trophy at Estadio do Maracana in Rio.
    • Captain your Country – The popular FIFA game mode returns. Work your way through the squad list and lead your country through qualifying and to FIFA World Cup glory.
    • Story of Qualifying – Over 60 real scenarios taken directly from 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying. Relieve, recreate and/or change the outcome of some the best matches.
    • Additional Modes include 2014 FIFA World Cup, Kick Off, Skill Games, Online Friendlies, EA SPORTS Football Club
    Presentation
    • Patriotic Presentation – Banners, flags and even see fans cheer from home with all new crowd rendering that brings the World Cup atmosphere alive.
    • EA SPORTS Talk Radio – Dynamic tournament updates from a number of ESPN talents, delivering over 50 hours’ worth of recorded audio that adapt to your own FIFA World Cup Experience
    • 203 nations, 7,469 players, 19 officially licensed managers, 21 stadiums, including all 12 authentic stadiums in Brazil, and over 15 hours of added in-game commentary.

2. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

Nope - not buying another game on PS3 - especially a FIFA. FIFA 14 on PS3 is horrible.

3. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

For all the dinosaurs that still haven't migrated to next gen, the demo for FIFA World Cup was released today, with the game set to come out in two weeks.

I think part of the reason I'm excited for this game is just so that I don't have to play the abomination that is FIFA 14, and I'm liking the demo so far after 3 games. Seems like a lot of the little things are fixed- my RB/LB/CDMs don't all think they're attackers and instead hold their position, players get back on D rather than rushing forward on a turnover, player movement with the ball isn't as bad. I haven't done much crossing to see if crosses/headers are toned down yet, but it doesn't seem as dominant the few times I've tried. But instead of crossing for days, working the ball with possession and building up play and finishing with key passes actually works again! CMs don't spend all day running into a clogged attacking area but instead allow you to move the ball around and the forwards make some good runs into the box. The only thing I haven't liked is I think the AI tries lob thru balls too much, which is kinda disappointing to see. I haven't tried lob thrus on offense, so not sure of its effectiveness (although that's not really an issue w/ semi controls).

The player models look great (I was always a bit disappointed that the Dempsey's and Jermaine Jones' of fifa had bad player models, but WC looks pretty strong with just about everyone). Presentation and such is all good as it tends to be w/ most WC games.

Still early, but overall I'm liking the demo and can't wait for the actual game to arrive. I wouldn't say the game's perfect, but it's a lot of fun so far and plays a lot better than FIFA 14. Download the demo and let me know what you guys think

• Like Like x 1
  4. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

What'd you call me?
    [​IMG]
    (I'm downloading it overnight.)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'm really surprised you don't like FIFA 14. It's so solid on Xbox One. I haven't played it on PS4.

6. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

i've only tried FIFA 14 on PS3. I've only heard good things about it on next gen, but I haven't made the jump in consoles yet

7. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I'm considering picking this up. Anyone have it yet?

8. I Peench

I played the demo and was blown away. I wasn't expecting all that much, though.

9. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

It's always been a fun game. Should be even more fun with the realistic qualifying mode now.

10. I Peench

I'm most excited for EA Sports Radio. I've long thought they need something to bring the vast football world to life. If they could bring this to career mode in '15, it could be a gamechanger.

11. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I read about that. Interesting to see how it plays out. I may just stop by Target today to see if they've got it.

TIP: If you shop at Target they have a 10% games coupon right now on their "Cartwheel" app. If you are a Red Card holder, you can combine the 5% with that. Get the game 15% off.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Ended up buying it while i could do the deal at Target (last day was yesterday). Have yet to crack it open. Will be able to tonight after work. Can't wait!

13. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Love that you get to choose between two EA Sports Radio shows. I picked Grantland's Men in Blazers. Love those guys!

14. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

First game on the pitch and EXTREMELY refreshing to see the AI make mistakes. Australia mishandled the ball in their defensive third and I made them pay with a goal.

15. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

i'm liking the captain your country mode (although it's kinda annoying that you can't edit your player, so you're forever stuck with a tucked in shirt and default EA shoes), and I'd agree that the EA radio talk show stuff is very well done. i'm starting to get more and more used to the gameplay and I still like it a lot more than FIFA 14 (on ps3), but i'd also say that online play feels extremely fast-paced.

16. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Are you playing on broadcast cam? I loved how it worked but as a manual guy, I knew it was gonna be a steep learning curve so I went back to tele.

17. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

i wasn't a fan of that broadcast cam at all, seemed like it was fixed at midfield and it made it tough to really see what was going on by the goals. i'm giving the default cam some time right now. it's a little more zoomed in than most cams (i think it was the cam in the demo)

18. I Peench

Especially when these mistakes include fouls outside the box

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.