2014 Free-Agent Signings

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Raidernation, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Feel free to add your FA acquisitions and grades for your squads. As for the Oakland Raiders, we went into free agency looking to add depth at several positions with a sharp focus on defense. With very few quality picks in the this upcoming draft I felt it was necessary to open up the check book this offseason. With 29mil to burn I was able to get some quality players at decent prices that will be able to make an immediate impact on the field in the coming season. Grade A-

Screen Shot 2013-03-02 at 1.22.38 AM.png Screen Shot 2013-03-02 at 1.22.52 AM.png
    McClain is the main middle man in this 3-4 defense, these two add depth
    and will certainly help stop offenses from getting too aggressive in the middle of the field.

Screen Shot 2013-03-02 at 1.23.31 AM.png Screen Shot 2013-03-02 at 1.23.15 AM.png
    Oakland's cornerbacks lack polish without a doubt, so highly sought after Verner
    will most likely get the nod for the #1 spot. McGee, who was actually a fall guy
    had Verner not signed, will get some playtime in dime and other situational packages.

Screen Shot 2013-03-02 at 1.23.50 AM.png

With only Branch on the roster at Strong Safety, Usama Young will definitely
    get some burn at both safety spots, he came at a very good price.

Screen Shot 2013-03-02 at 1.22.00 AM.png

Spitz will be a solid addition to Oakland's O-line, originally a RG
    he was moved to LG because of Mike Brisiel who's done a good job last year at that spot.

Screen Shot 2013-03-02 at 1.21.28 AM.png

Talented TE out of USC, McCoy has good hands and route running ability
    to compete for the starting job if Reece isn't OK'd to take over at TE

Screen Shot 2013-03-02 at 1.20.58 AM.png

Often injured Rice will see the field sparingly in place of oft injured Jacoby Ford,
    Rice is a threat as long as he isn't tackled LOL

Screen Shot 2013-03-02 at 1.20.31 AM.png

Dickerson is a raw talent. He played wide receiver and linebacker
    before finding his niche as an explosive TE for Pittsburg, as a senior
    he received all-american honors then went on to special teams work
    in the NFL. He'll see his share of touches this season.... believe it.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

2014 Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agents Signees

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Jacksonville dumped a number of overpaid, aging veterans with bloated contracts this offseason to make room for moves like Carlos Dunlap. Dunlap gives Jacksonville it's first threat at DE in years. This defense is still having issues in the passing game and pass rush is certainly part of the problem. JAX hopes Dunlap helps alleviate this issue. Ron Brace is brought back after balking at resigning attempts during the season. A raw DT with good physical tools, Brace adds solid depth to the DT rotation.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Two young developmental players to add depth and shoulder the special teams duties. Both players have some special physical tools, and will get the opportunity to develop.

[​IMG][​IMG]

QB Bethel-Thompson and WR Thompson are both raw, interesting prospects. Both possess all of the measurables to be solid pros, they both need to work on many of the finer points. Thompson's speed will probably have a chance to shine on Special teams, while Bethel Thompson will most likely be the 3rd QB and have a chance to learn.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]
    QB:​
    [​IMG]
    We needed a backup to Luck, and Tebow didn't seem like a bad choice. He has decent throw power, but still needs work on his accuracy. He will only see the field if Luck goes down.​
    HB:​
    [​IMG]
    With the departure of Donald Brown, we needed a replacement. Blount should compliment Carter very nicely, and there is a good balance at the position with two power backs, and two scat backs. The running game should continue to improve in Indianapolis. ​
    WR:​
    [​IMG]
    Reggie Wayne was traded to the Dolphins for their third round pick next season (to free up cap space), so the WR position needed some depth. Josh Morgan is no Wayne, but he does have decent size and hands, and makes a good possession receiver. He will definitely see a few passes thrown his way this season. ​
    DT:​
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Cory Redding was the only success we had from our defensive line play last season, so this was a big area of concern coming into FA. Okoye and Love are players with a few years of experience under their belt, and they have decent pass rushing and tackling abilities. They should help anchor and add some depth to the dline.​
    DE:​
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Mathis and Freeney had no legitimate 4-3 DE backups last year, and things got ugly when they were winded or injured. Tapp and Sidbury were brought in to be their backups. They could use some work on their block shedding and tackling skills, but Tapp offers great pursuit and Sidbury has a quick first step with good finesse skill. Hopefully these guys can make some plays this year in a revamped defensive unit.​
    CB:​
    [​IMG]
    The biggest signing of FA for the Colts was none other than Corey Webster. If we want to make it further in the playoffs this year, we need a better defense. Webster will start opposite of Davis, and Jarraud Powers will move back and make a damn fine nickel corner. Webster offers better man and zone coverage than Powers, as well as the ability to press. The front four were improved through FA, as well as the back end. We can only hope these moves yield a more solid defense this season.​

• Like Like x 2
  4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Big FA period for the Colts. Lot of good talent added.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fuzzyl0gic

(y) I was pretty stoked.

• Like Like x 2
  6. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

With the texans coming in right at the end of FA we were able to sign these players:
    • RB Lance Dunbar 69 OVR- The Ex-Cowboy will be used on special teams and possibly a 3rd Down back
    • MLB Dan Connor 74 OVR- Another Ex-Cowboy will be coming aboard. Connor played the run really well in Dallas and will look to do the same with the Texans

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Bears signed Justin Tuck. Basically the only big signing we had.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Browns added Ben Tate to the backfield. That's the only signing I had.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Denver

CB Tim Jennings, probably not renewing Gamble's contract after this year so needed to fill that void, but our secondary should be nasty at least for 1 season with this group. and with the amount of 10 wide's I face in this league, it's good I have about 5 beast corners now
    RG Manny Ramirez, he opted for free agency but he came back to Denver. Solid RB/PB/IB, was hoping none of you would make offers since you couldn't see that
    LT Adam Goldberg, veteran back up
    MLB Lorenzo Alexander, pretty beastly looking MLB ( I could be fooled) but Joe Mays gets hurt a lot and needed a back up in case that happens again

• Like Like x 1
  10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Seahawks signed former Brown Josh Cribbs to replace the fumble prone Leon Washington as our return man. Also added a kicker to replace old ass David Akers.

Seattle also showed pity to former Brown Colt McCoy picking him up as a backup, good chance he will fall to #3 QB by start of season.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I will add some pics and stats later, but for now..

But in what was the biggest get for us in off season and a must have FA the Panthers lost Steve Smith to retirement and that left a huge hole in the WR core, he was replaced by 88 overall Percy Harvin a freak who can do it all....we paid some dough for him but in the end saved money overall.

Thanks Steve Smith you helped big time by calling it quits!

We added a starting T in Roger Saffold we aren't sure which side he will be placed on yet and will decide that after the draft. We added depth with Allen at SS and added Harbor at TE who has very solid receiving skills. We also added a back up FS and another young OT for depth.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

2014 Jets Free Agent Signings

(returning player)

HB - Joe McKnight (61) - Joe decided to spurn the Jets in season offers at a contract extension despite them offering almost twice his asking price. The team scouts were worried there wasn't a similar HB in this years rookie class so the Jets GM decided to pony up a lot of dough for him during the FA period. They overpaid a bit but Joe was voted Best RB in 2012 and had a top 10 yardage finish in 2013 as a perfect fit in their offense.

DT - Terrence Cody (84) - Sione Pouha is getting older and will be a FA next season so the staff decided to go out and find a suitable replacement after the scouts failed to find a mammoth run plugger in the incoming rookie class, a major key to the teams run defense. The team thought Cody had elite block shedding abilities but it turned out he only has great BSH so they overpaid for him but Kenrick Ellis' has really struggled to digest the playbook since being drafted back in 2011 and they were worried he might be a liability if asked to play full time.

TE - Tony Moeaki (72) - Moeaki will bring much needed athleticism and passing catching skills to the backup TE spot after Jason Baker was allowed to walk in the offseason.

FB - Kyle Frazer (69) - Frazer was an UDFA last season and initially declined to rejoin the team after being extended a decent contract offer but found no other suitors in FA. Frazer is utility blocker as both a backup FB and 3rd TE in heavy sets.

ROLB - Thomas Davis (76) - After devastating injuries to the LBer corps last season the Jets decided to protect themselves this time around and brought in Davis to be a backup across the board at every position. Davis has a long injury history himself but was obtained cheaply and hopefully won't play a full compliment of snaps.

RG - Geoff Hangartner (75) - The Jets have a lot of youth and inexperience at the guard position so they brought in the veteran Hangartner to see if they could solidify the RG spot but were a bit disappointed with his skillset. He'll at least be a nice backup along the interior OL.

SS - Troy Nolan (71) - Atari Bigby walked in FA after asking a bit too much for an aging veteran so the team put in a small bid on Nolan and were happy he accepted. Nolan will back up LaRon Landry who will finally be returning from his pectoral tear this season.

RE - Mike Neal (75) - Due to salary cap constraints last season they Jets had to fill their backup DE spots with UDFA. Since they finally found some breathing room with the release of Jason Smith, Bart Scott, and Tim Tebow they decided to fix that small issue. Neal has had some injuries woes over the years but is a solid 3-4 DE that will help in a rotation. He signed for no guaranteed money so the team is protected against a major injury.

The Jets also kicked the tires on Javorskie Lane but changed their minds after he arrived to facility overweight which caused him to lose quite a few steps.

The Jets filled all their roster holes and already have a near complete opening day roster. This should be an interesting draft for the Jets who can just sit back and grab BPA as they try to improve their roster.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

[​IMG]
    Washington Redskins
    2014 Free Agent Signings
    Free Safety Haruki Nakamura​
    [​IMG]
    5'10" 200 lbs 28 years old​
    74 man coverage 82 zone coverage​
    77 play recognition 90 pursuit​
    84 speed 75 tackle​
    Contract: 4 years 11.8M 600K Bonus​
    Free agency is important for the Redskins due to our lack of draft picks this year. The secondary was an area of weakness for our team last season and we decided to let Merriweather go so Free Safety was especially critical. We liked Haruki's speed and pursuit attributes. He has good man and excellent zone coverage for a safety. His tackling can use some work but were happy about this signing. We think he'll make our defense better.​
    Wide Receiver Eddie Royal​
    [​IMG]
    5'10" 185 lbs 28 years old​
    95 speed 95 agility​
    85 elusiveness 87 jump​
    81 catch 77 catch in traffic​
    Contract: 4 years 20.6M 3.8M Signing Bonus​
    Offense was definitely in need of a boost and we thought WR was a good place to start. We decided to part ways with long time Redskin Santana Moss and that left a hole for us to fill. We saw that Eddie was out there and we thought he could come in and produce for us right away. he's very quick and has good hands. His route running needs work, but we feel he will be able to step in and produce week 1.​
    Tight End Michael Palmer​
    [​IMG]
    6'5" 260 lbs 26 years old​
    76 run block 66 pass block​
    77 impact block 77 strength​
    68 catching​
    Contract: 2 years 2.8M No Signing Bonus​
    The Redskins needed a blocking TE and they found a young one in Michael Palmer. We felt that he was exactly what we needed and we got him for a fair price.​
    Full Back Jerome Felton​
    [​IMG]
    6'0" 246 lbs 28 years old​
    82 run block 81 impact block​
    73 catching 75 carrying​
    73 speed 80 strength​
    Contract: 3 years 2.91M 60K Signing Bonus​
    Jerome wanted to rest the FA market at the end of the season so we let him do that. At the end he decided he wanted to come back and be a Redskin. We were thrilled because we feel that he's a great addition to our running game. He is a terrific run blocker and has soft hands which is helpful for RGIII if he needs someone to dump it off to. Jerome definitely will help us establish the run this season.​
    Redskins Trades
    Redskins Send:​
    2014 4th Round pick 100​
    2015 3rd Round pick​
    Redskins Recieve:​
    Center​
    Scott Mruczkowski​
    32 years old​
    78 overall​
    85 run block 84 pass block 83 impact block 83 strength​
    Contract: 2 years with 1 year remaining 2M total salary 300K Bonus​
    Left Guard​
    Joe Reitz​
    28 years old​
    82 overall​
    83 run block 84 pass block 84 impact block 88 strength​
    Contract: 5 years with 4 years remaining 6M total salary 1M Bonus​
    We felt that we wanted to continue to bolster the interior of our line and we were able to accomplish in this trade. Scott is a great center and a very good balanced blocker. His run and pass blocking attributes are a huge improvement over what we had last season.​
    Joe is going to be able to contribute right away for us this season. He's entering the prime of his career and has solid run and pass block ratings and a good impact blocking rating. Joe's pass and run block abilities are also a significant improvement over what we had last season. We really think with these two additions to our offensive line we are in a good place heading into the season.​
    Trade # 2​
    Redskins Send 2014 2nd Round Draft Pick​
    Saints Send​
    CB Jabari Greer​
    32 years old​
    87 overall​
    92 man coverage 93 zone coverage 89 play recognition 89 press coverage 87 jump 64 catch 88 speed 91 acceleration ​
    This was a big move for us. Traditionally since I have been involved with the franchise I have been opposed for trading draft picks for players on the other side of 30, however we felt that we had an opportunity to get an elite player in Jabari and that's what we did. He will bring us leadership in the locker room with his veteran presence as well as he's a damn good corner. We feel with his addition our secondary got a lot stronger.​

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  14. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Eagles added Mario Manningham to help provide a solid WR to compliment the track team of WR's that I have. I picked up some solid backups with James Carpenter taking over for Danny Watkins and Jamar Chaney reupping to back up Demeco Ryans.

• Like Like x 1
  15. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Falcons had a lots of changes this offseason:

Signed: DE Jared Allen (94) after releasing John Abraham (89).
    Signed: LT Jordon Gross (95) after releasing Sam Baker (79)
    Signed: DT Corey Peters (86) after releasing Peria Jerry (77)

Released: CB Dunta Robinson (83), LOLB Stephen Nicholas (80)

• Like Like x 4
  16. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Damn man you killed it!

17. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Patriots Sign

P Zolton Mesko
    DT Brandon Deadrick
    SS Jordan Babineaux
    C Steve Vallos

No big signings this season so hopefully our draft is better.

• Like Like x 1
  18. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I had one priority going into this offseason. I needed to sure up my offensive line. I gave up 71 sacks last year ( which is a few less than the all time record held by David Carr). Granted 18 of those were in two games worth of sims or opponent playing the CPU, but nonetheless I needed to get better on the OLine.

My RT is already a 99 pass block and a Pro Bowler, so I needed a LT. When I saw Gross on the market I decided I was going to do what it took to get him. I paid him exactly what he wanted and luckily nobody overbid for him.

I have really liked Jared Allen as I have played him 3 times so far and he has raped me all three times. Kasper can attest the playoff game in which he had 6 sacks on me. Kasper never usered him once and was subbing him out to hold back his stats. He just manchild me the whole game. Then on the other two games I played against him, he got 4 sacks each time. (SimFBallCritic last year)
    I am not sure if he was a total perfect match to make LT Sam Baker his bitch, but either way he has dominated all 3 times I played against him. I obviously assume he does not get 4 sacks a game or everyone who be claiming cheese. I just recall how many times I had to throw the ball earlier than I wanted in those games getting me completely off rythym.

So in order to afford him and Gross, I decided to finally get away from being such a real life sports fan homer and make GM decisions.

I released the following guys and was able to free up these amounts in cut savings:

Dunta Robinson - 4.72M
    Jason Snelling- 1.5M
    Peria Jerry- 1.7M
    Stephen Nicholas- 1.43M
    Matt Bryant- 3.0M
    John Abraham- 5.1M
    Sam Baker- 2.42M

Cutting Abraham and Robinson was a tough decision until the real life Falcons decided to do so on the last day of our FA. It made it so much easier to deal with.

Those cuts freed up over 20M in cap space with very little cap hits. Bryant, Nicholas, Jerry, and Snelling all had no bonus friendly contracts making them easy choices. Then Abraham, Baker had 1 year left on their contract.

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yeah outside of that game he never went crazy like that. I mean he would have a 2 sack game here or there but he is really good (especially if you develop his finesse rush and block shedding (duh on the second right?))

[​IMG]

20. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

He came with 47000 XP so I went shopping:p

21. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

All this and Im still going to have to put you down...lol . Looking forward to our games!

• Like Like x 1
  22. fuzzyl0gic

Really tried to shore up the defense this year, we added a lot of pieces in FA and the draft. Hopefully it pays off!

23. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

You did really well, nobody below 80 OVR, that's #BOSS!! I enjoy our battles, so I look forward to playing this years version of the Colts.

24. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

bumped for adding another trade to my post.