2014 Freshmen Impact

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    2014 Freshmen Impact

Who has some true frosh or Fr(RS) making an impact this year?

For Texas A&M, we obviously have QB Kris Hughes that will be taking the majority (if not all) of the snaps this year. HB Marvin Patterson PS#1 will get 8-10 touches per game as he has the potential to be a real game breaker. TE Holland moved up to #2 on the depth chart and will see some playing time in our 2 TE personnel sets.

2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

UCLA has several freshman that are making an impact on the offensive end. Vernon Valentine and Michael Goodman are both (RS) Freshman HB's and so far after two games have stepped up after the injury of Anthony McClain, UCLA's starting HB.

Also at WR, Michael Lane a 6'5"210 WR with good speed caught his first TD pass of the season against Michigan, a 60+ yard bomb that was perfect. Also Mario Manning and Eric Parker have been great as the No. 3 and 4 Wr's, both contributing with strong efforts so far this season.

At QB, Harvey Jones and Tommy Collier both got time at QB during the blowout win over Michigan and Jones looked solid, and Collier has a long ways to go. Collier has the speed I like at QB, but his throwing skills have a long way to go.

On defense there is only one RS freshman getting any meaningful playing time and that is Willie Anderson (CB) that picked off his first pass against UGA, and his playing time should increase as the year goes on, he looks like the next shutdown corner for UCLA.

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

In Virginia our FS Will Mcrae is a true freshman.... and Wr Chad Hall starts on the outside he seems to run great routes and has good hands... those are the only two freshman who will play for the Wahoos this season..

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Off the top of my head, this kid Parker is starting at ROLB for me. There might be a couple more, especially at WR or HB. I'll check when I get home later.

5. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

RS FR Greg Butler exploded on the college scene with 176 yards in his first game, and will split carries the rest of the way. Thats about it, there is not a starter younger than a RS JR on D, but that will of course change in the next few seasons as we will be hit hard by graduation on that side of the ball.

6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Look for RS FR Khalb Armstrong to get some playing time this year and may be named starter by the end of the year.

May have 1 or 2 starters on the oline, but most starters are upperclassmen...

7. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Ryan Britt was inserted into the starting lineup last week at DE, moving S. McQueen to DT.

Nick Wilson is the starting DT, and is not as good as Paul Matthews, but is getting the job done.

Andrew Williamson, WR, has been moved up to #3 on the depth chart after Raymond Stephens continues to drop the ball.

Ron Marshall, FB, is a great blocker, but cant catch the ball worth a lick. Takes away the saftey valve option completly.

8. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

note to self, pass to the FS side often....