2014 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Gravity, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

unc ark 1.PNG unc ark 2.PNG

2. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Where is the rest?

• Like Like x 1
  3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Week 3

Mississippi State 45
    Auburn 10

MSU was searching for an identity coming into this game, and may have found some answers. The Bulldogs' offense relied heavily on the running game, mixing in multiple backs. This did not lead to a high yard per carry but the Bulldogs were able to rack up first downs. On the first drive Mississippi State drove 65 yards on 14 plays, ending in a touchdown. The run heavy offense continued to batter the Auburn defense, and the passing game made some huge plays. The biggest play of the game was a 75-yard TD pass from J.J. Pruitt to receiver Todd Martin. Pruitt added a running score in the third quarter. Starting QB Dak Prescott also passed for 2 touchdowns. For the game MSU quarterbacks passed the ball 11 times and completed 10 passes for 248 yards. On defense the Bulldogs made some early stops and forced some late turnovers.

Key stats:
    1st downs: 18-8 (in favor of MSU)
    3rd down conversion: 7/9 (MSU) and 2/8 (Auburn)
    Total offense: 449-238 (MSU)
    Passing yards: 248-201 (MSU)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Are you guys finding the game too easy now? I literally made two slider changes, to their pass blocking and their QB accuracy... one notch apiece, and it felt like All American. My goal was to add penalties as a factor but yet allow us to not all finish outside the Top 100 in pass defense....

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Hard to say at this point. My defense made some stops that led to the difference in points. A lot of things went my way in this game but that could just be luck.

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG][​IMG]
    38-31

College Station, TX -- In a Top-10 contest at Kyle Field, the TAMU Ags come away with a win in their rubber match with Georgia Tech. A lot of craziness in this one. It was a defensive game, but the score still ended up approaching 40 points. In the end, Texas A&M made 1 or 2 more big plays... but I'll be damned if one of the rarest plays to ever happen in this game occurred. I saved a bunch of videos just to commemorate the moment.

Crazy. Crazy that the kick was blocked in the first place... Even crazier it was picked up for a TD. I dont think I have ever seen that happen in all my years of playing NCAA.

Of course, I couldnt let smlVICTORIES53 have all the glory so here is one of my better plays from the game.

I was user-controlling him the whole way and he broke nicely on the route. Harper is a beast. Not really racking up the tackles like he did last year, but he is making big plays on a consistent basis.

GG smalls.

TAMU has a BYE week before Auburn. After that, it will be a tough stretch for the Ags. The schedule goes Arky, Bama, Miami, LSU, and then Miss St. Definitely a season-defining gauntlet for Coach Max & co.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Jameill Showers out for season with a broken collarbone

• Like Like x 4
  10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Week 5 vs Iowa

This was a close contest for a good part of the first half but a few plays really changed the outcome. The biggest play of the half was an end zone interception by LSU transfer Dwayne Thomas. Prior to this play Iowa was moving the ball at will against the MSU defense. This interception changed the momentum and gave the defense some confidence. The offensive side was sluggish through the first half but managed to put some points on the board before halftime and led 17-10 at the break.

Any momentum Iowa gained from an end of half field goal evaporated on the first drive of the second half. Iowa QB Jake Rudock attempted a bubble screen but the pass was picked off by CB Jamerson Love. Love returned the pick for the touchdown. For some reason Iowa decided to abandon the run game after this play and the philosophy change resulted in multiple picks. The Hawkeyes showed no interest in rushing the ball so MSU was able to drop 8-9 guys into coverage. Ruddock was picked off a total of 6 times, including a second pick 6 by Love on the exact same play. The offense added a couple rushing touchdowns and this game was a rout by the end of the third quarter. The backup offensive skill position players got some playing time in the fourth quarter. QB #3 Jamil Golden had 2 long TD passes to WR #4 Robert Johnson. Johnson finished the game with all 3 MSU TD receptions.

Final score: Mississippi State 59 Iowa 10

Key Players
    * QB J.J. Pruitt 6-7 69 yards passing 1 TD/0 INT; 9 carries 53 yards 1 TD
    * HB Nick Griffin 16 carries 166 yards 2 TD 45-yard long
    * WR Robert Johnson 4 receptions 94 yards 3 TD
    * OLB Matthew Wells 6 tackles 2 sacks
    * CB Jamerson Love 2 tackles 2 interceptions 2 TD
    * CB Dwayne Thomas 2 tackles 3 interceptions

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Ok this is just proof that I dont know how to play the CPU....they destroyed me like 0-60 last year. :doodie:

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG]

13. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Hellisan I like those pics where you overlay the names/stats. I might have to steal that idea...

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

:(

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I beat them too.... I think it is the minute slider adjustments that are making cpu games easier now... We will have a discussion about it later in the season and what we want to do next year.

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Throw the ball to more than one receiver ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

ok I lost 59-60

18. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG]

19. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Wake Forest 0
    NC State 45

This was not much of a contest as NC State out-gained Wake Forest 446-38. WF QB Kevin Sousa was a horrible 1/15 for 0 yards and 5 INTs. Tony Creecy totaled 193 total yards and 3 TD. Freshman Cole Grant who has provided a spark in mop up duty this season, suffered an injury and is out 12 weeks.

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I don't know what it was, but the sliders jumped the shark. This might be the first shutout any of us have gotten though.

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  22. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

MIZZ 28 - Rutgers 26

Rutgers failed to tie the game on a 2 point conversion. Mizz runs clock out after huge 3rd down conversion by DGB.

Matty Mauk is out for the season and he finishes the year after just 5 games with the below stats.

QB - 97/141 1686 YDS, 21 TDs, 8 INTS, 2 Rush TDs

He was on pace for 4000 yds and 50 TDs.....:(

23. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

25. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football