2014 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

• Like Like x 3
  2. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Wick36

You put the time and the work on them schedules bro. I know it wasn't easy as I run one with my buddies and it can be a pain in the ass to make that happen. Every member of this OD has 4 USER games. Nice job on making that happen.

G

• Like Like x 2
  3. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Great to hear! Awesome job Wick!

4. Theezy

Theezy Walk On

#16 UTAH BEATS UNRANKED STANFORD IN SEASON OPENER

This game started out with back to back to back 3 and outs for both teams. It almost seemed as though it would be a garbage-fest. Almost scoring at the end of the first, option sophomore quarterback, Chase Hansen, ran the ball 80 yards on a option play, getting tackled at the 8. Second play of the 2nd quarter, HB, Harvey Langi takes it in for 6. Utes defense will go on and dominate the rest of the game, forcing 3 interceptions from Senior, Brett Nottingham, and sacking him 3 times. Utes win 34-7.
    Stanford is not to be underestimated, their run defense is killer.

Players of the game:
    QB, Chase Hansen (UTAH)-11/21, 247 yds, 1 td, 1 int, 95 rush yds, 1 rush td.
    ROLB, Jacoby Hale (UTAH)- 7 tackles, 1 sack, 1 interception

Utah goes to Michigan next week to play the Wolverines (Jolts57)

and Stanford is home against Army.

• Like Like x 1
  5. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I'm not going to get back from a work conference until Friday night, so it will probably have to get simmed. I'll try to do that online so I at least have a say in how it turns out. Just Purdue, so shouldn't be a big deal either way.

6. Wick36

Glad people are happy with them... especially with last season's debacle.

7. Wick36

Now into Week 2.

CPU games should be done by Sunday at 12:30 pm est.
    Users have until Monday at 12:30 pm est.

Welcome to Week 2!

Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #16 Utah Utes (1-0) ===============

Last week, Utah won 34-7 against Stanford (0-1).

This week, the Utes travel to Ann Arbor to face the #5 Michigan Wolverines (0-0).

In recruiting news, the following Utah targets have announced their decisions:

- (***) DT Kyler Graham has committed to Utah

- (***) CB Mike Brigham has committed to Utah

- (***) CB Cedric Jones has committed to Utah

- (****) RT Steven Williams has committed to Utah

=============== #15 Louisville Cardinals (0-0) ===============

Last week the Cardinals were idle.

This week, the Cardinals are idle.

In recruiting news, the following Louisville targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) LOLB Christian Moore has committed to Louisville

- (*****) CB John Smith has committed to Louisville

- (****) HB Courtney Ernst has committed to Louisville

=============== #7 Oklahoma State Cowboys (0-0) ===============

Last week the Cowboys were idle.

This week, the Cowboys travel to Boise to face the Boise State Broncos (0-0).

In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma State targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) DT Charlie Green has committed to Oklahoma State

- (****) ROLB Brandon Fernando has committed to USC

=============== #5 Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============

Last week the Wolverines were idle.

This week, the Wolverines will host #16 Utah (1-0).

In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) MLB Justin Roberts has committed to Michigan

- (*****) CB John Smith has committed to Louisville

- (*****) TE Chris Burke has committed to Michigan State

- (*****) RG Randy Keenan has committed to Michigan

=============== #1 LSU Tigers (0-0) ===============

Last week the Tigers were idle.

This week, the Tigers will host #10 Oregon (0-0).

In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) HB Vince Hammond has committed to LSU

- (****) DT Joe Alford has committed to LSU

- (*****) WR Aaron Hammond has committed to LSU

=============== #3 Texas Longhorns (0-0) ===============

Last week the Longhorns were idle.

This week, the Longhorns travel to Winston-Salem to face the #20 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (0-0).

=============== #12 Virginia Cavaliers (1-0) ===============

Last week, Virginia won 28-16 against South Carolina (0-1).

This week, the Cavaliers will host UCLA (0-0).

=============== #2 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (1-0) ===============

Last week, Notre Dame won 34-7 against Purdue (0-1).

This week, the Fighting Irish will host Michigan State (0-0).

=============== #20 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (0-0) ===============

Last week the Demon Deacons were idle.

This week, the Demon Deacons will host #3 Texas (0-0).

In recruiting news, the following Wake Forest targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) WR Ross Johnson has committed to Wake Forest

- (***) SS Darrell Perry has committed to North Carolina

=============== #10 Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============

Last week the Ducks were idle.

This week, the Ducks travel to Baton Rouge to face the #1 LSU Tigers (0-0).

In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) MLB Justin Roberts has committed to Michigan

- (*****) RG Randy Keenan has committed to Michigan

=============== South Carolina Gamecocks (0-1) ===============

Last week, South Carolina lost 28-16 against Virginia (1-0).

This week, the Gamecocks are idle.

azreinman
    Selvy9
    the bigg dawgg
    Jolts57
    schreck822
    Wick36
    droid43
    Theezy
    Mcwoods06
    GMONEY 15
    KChuskey

8. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Wick36 Only the last dynasty wire info actually posted and it's gray. I love that you're posting the weekly update like that! :)

9. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

My only gripe is that I now have 0 rivalry games this season and also don't play anybody til week 4. Lol just jk Jolts57

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

lol keep talkin :p I've gotten better since we last met ^_^

11. Wick36

Who does the game consider your rival other than kentucky so I can fix that for next year?

12. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

it's supposed to be Michigan

13. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

I.believe cincy West Virginia and Memphis

14. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Haha yea that too

15. Theezy

Theezy Walk On

Disrespectful. I'll take a quit over getting the score runned up by some cheezy dude.lolol

16. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Well in all fairness I have no idea when I'm supposed to stop scoring. If I scored 38 in the first half then you can certainly score 38 in the second half. I was actually about to message you asking if I should just go to clock run-off and just run out the clock but you left with 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and didn't really give me that option. Theezy

17. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

At what point are we advancing. Feels like we been here.for a while

18. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Still only 3/11 ready I think. Lots of user games unplayed ><

19. droid43

droid43 Walk On

We are advancing after Oregon and LSU attempt to play which is at 9:30 EST. Might advance tomorrow morning though since that's pretty late.

20. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Cowboys Survive Smurf Turf Assault
    34-31
    [​IMG]
    JW Walsh pass complete to #88 Zac Butler
    [​IMG]
    The 2014 season almost opened in disaster as the Oklahoma State Cowboys made mistake after mistake in Boise, Idaho. Three turnovers, starting 0/4 on third down, and the inability to score from Boise State's 1 yard line on three straight plays all kept the Broncos believing they could make this a game, and they did.
    Bronco Quarterback, Grant Hedrick was able to expose the young Cowboys' secondary and make key play after key play in the second half. The Cowboys secondary had a rough night and were baptized by fire allowing 361 yards passing and forcing no turnovers. The Bronco offensive line also held the Orange and Black defense to no sacks. This trend can not continue if the Cowboys want to continue winning games.
    [​IMG]
    Cowboys' Quarterback JW Walsh celebrates after throwing a touchdown pass to Matt Russell in the fourth quarter
    JW Walsh also had a spectacular game and led a fierce comeback in the fourth quarter. The fourth year junior quarterback completed 15 out of 24 passes for 366 yards, 2 TD's and 1 int. Walsh may have been the impact player late in the game, but the saving grace of this game was Cowboy running back Kyle Culver. Culver jump started the sleepwalking offense by scoring on a 52 yard screen pass after nearly a quarter and a half of scoreless ball. Culver not only excelled in the passing game, but dominated things on the ground. The Pokes were able to rush for 208 yards on 25 attempts for an excellent 8.3 average. Culver accounted for 147 yards on the ground as well as a rushing score. Sophomore Studs Matt Russell and Zac Butler continued their pace from last year. Each receiver racked up over 100 receiving yards. Both players also scored a touchdown in the fourth quarter.
    Team Statistics
    [​IMG]
    The Broncos put up valiant fight, but the Cowboys' talent just proved too much on the offensive end. Boise State led in many statistical categories such as turnovers, time of possession, as well as third and fourth down conversion percentage. However, it was not meant to be for the former perennial BCS busters. The Cowboys overcame a tough road opponent and will return home for a bye week followed by a visit to Winston-Salem. The Oklahoma State Cowboys and Wake Forest Demon Deacons both won their conferences in 2013 and the matchup next week looks to be a good one.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  21. Wick36

22. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

We finally got the game in and it was a great battle. After 90 minutes the first night and 45 minutes last night trying to connect it better have been a great battle. Win or lose it was a classic. Wick36 thanks for given us another 12 hours or so to get it in bro. Much appreciated. Oregon has so much speed that it should be a crime to own a team with all that dam speed.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  23. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Wake Forest Handles Business Against Rice, 27-9

In what can only be described as an exhibition game, the Demon Deacons unveiled their new option offense with mixed success. Junior QB Kevin Sousa and senior RB Orville Reynolds each carried 16 times, combining for 117 yards. Sousa was actually more impressive through the air. With the defense struggling to stop the run, Sousa used play action well, completing his first 10 pass attempts and should have finished with a perfect 100% 11 for 11 but missed a wide open receiver in the 4th quarter. Still, 204 yards and 3 TDs through the air is nothing to gripe about.

The front 7 of the Deacon defense showed up big, sacking Rice QB Will McGuire 9 times, and the defense as a while limited the Owls to just 138 yards of offense and 3 FG tries (the lone TD coming on a fumble return in garbage time).

It will be a different story next week, as Wake welcomes Oklahoma State and its high octane offense to Winston-Salem.

24. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Spread or traditional option Selvy9? I haven't gotten under-center option to work properly on this game ><

25. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Spread. I've only seen one guy run a solid triple option offense in another OD I've been in since early NCAA 12. He gets these massive ATHs and just runs down your throat.

I got a QB with mediocre accuracy and above average speed plus my HB is pretty quick, so I thought I'd give it a try with the Baylor playbook. I'm fairly confident in read options with pistol\shotgun, so we'll see how it goes this season. Part of the fun of playing with Wake is low expectations, lol. Got a sophomore backup who's a pocket passer, so if this doesn't go so well I can always go back to my more comfortable pro offense next season (or if I really suck, week 6 or 7, lol)