2014 League Financial Outlook

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Aug 16, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Please take a look at how your team is doing. Some of you are doing a fantastic job of running your teams. Others... you are in danger of league action to fix your finances. Expect PM's in some of your in-boxes at the end of the season with offseason instructions. The teams I mention below should not extend any free agents without league approval!

[​IMG]

• Cleveland Indians (@JFace907 ) You have only made $122 million to date, and your projected expenses are $134 million. Please carefully monitor your attendance and ticket prices. I do not think you can make $12 million the final month of the season. You do have $2 million cash on hand which will give you a small cushion. Please be cognizant with any extensions and arbitration.
    • Texas Rangers (@CeeGee ) You have only made $154 million to date, and your projected expenses are $183 million. Do not offer any extensions! Please expect a PM at end of season how to handle your arbitration.
    [​IMG]
    • Miami Marlins (@JohnnyClutch ). You have made $130 million so far this season. Your projected expenses are $139 million. You have $10 million cash on hand which will absorb your overages. Please be cognizant with extensions and arbitration. The League office recommends you raise your ticket prices as you are selling out every single game.
    • New York Mets (@Fiddy14). You have made $126 million this year and your projected expenses are $146 million. You have little to no cash on hand. Recommend no extensions, and if in negative consult with league office for arbitration.
    • Washington Nationals (@KnightNoles ) You have made $102 million this year, and projected expenses are $116 million. You fortunately have $7 million on the books. As you ended last year in the red you are unable to offer any extensions. Any arbitration must be controlled by league office as arbitration estimates have your payroll increasing.

2. PAgamer07

3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Damn near the whole NL East is going under! :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  4. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

White Sox are out of debt and loving it. I say we void there 1st round draft picks as punishment if they are in the red.:D

5. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Doesn't Philly have to share some of that profit with us? :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

PAgamer07 I finally got my OOTP working again. I need an invite back to the Franchise.

7. PAgamer07

Ill send you one when I do sim tomorrow night. Sorry thought whoever simmed last added you

8. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

No problem.

9. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

Sorry - didn't have an email addy so I couldnt add

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Well shit I thought I made enough moves last offseason to not have league infiltrate ;)

I knew I wouldn't be able to extend and what not, damn fans get in the seats and watch the best-worst team in baseball :rolleyes:

11. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I think you'll be fine this year. Next year, you're gonna have to non-tender some people (probably 3 of Stras, Lombardozzi, Espinosa, and Storen) or package one of your elite guys with Werth to get someone to take his contract. Honestly, at this point, you're probably better off just blowing the whole thing up and trying to start over again.

• Like Like x 1
  12. KnightNoles

Espinosa will continue to be on the TB, Lombo will take his role, Strasburg pretty much won't he touched and Storen is iffy

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  13. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

We could look into something this offseason

14. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Nm only way i would take on the werthless contract is if stras was involved cause that contract is pure ugly

15. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

See, the problem with that strategy is that you wouldn't be profitable next year. It'll be easier to determine in the offseason when you get your new budget, but that almost certainly won't be enough to do it.

16. KnightNoles

I hope we start out well, it will help with getting people into the seats and money into our pockets!