2014 Legacy Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into week 2. 5 user games this week so get those scheduled asap.

Games of the Week:

#6 Florida St (Ceewo) @ #3 USC (HovathegodMC)

#13 Iowa (JCSpartan2) @ #10 Georgia (AbolishtheFed)

#22 Miami (Maslerboros16) @ #9 Oregon (Hokie Effect)

Michigan (Big Suge Knight) @ #12 LSU (Dukebball632)

#18 VA Tech (I Wicktorious I) @ #14 UCLA (FacePlant City)

Red = Conference Challenge

We will set the advance for sometime sunday with Christmas around coming up. If we are done before then we will advance.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami announces the switch from the Michigan playbook to the Florida playbook. Hov authorized this.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Oregon/Miami is not getting played till Sunday since I believe Hokie is gone till sometime that day

Oh and week 3 I can almost guarantee I will be on AP because the game falls on a weekday.

4. Hova

USC 35
    FSU 21

This game was a battle and much closer than the score. It came down to a 4th n 3 late in the game with a 7 point USC lead. USC got the stop and then scored on a handoff to HB Vickers who had 3 TDs and 125 YDS rushing today. QB Stanley had a very impressive showing as well going 9/10 for 275 yards and a passer rating over 300. Great game Ceewo, this one could have went either way.

5. Hova

They are playing right now

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Oh cool, I didn't know what time he was leaving today

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

My team fucked up horribly, my season is officially over if I can't rebound and make a run for the ACC.

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Let me clarify for everyone.....

Miami is up 21-3 after the 1st quarter with all the momentum. Oregon makes a change at QB and scores 48 unanswered points to beat the Hurricanses 51-28. After the early lead Miami had trouble moving the ball and holding onto it with 3 turnovers during that span. I felt bad for Masler, I could imagine the mood swing he must have had after being up 21-3 after the 1st and then after the teams meltdown....

Oregon- 51
    Miami- 28

Berry 14/18 248yds 1 TD
    Seastrunk 112yds 3 TD, 5 rec 69yds
    Dungy 7 rec 126yds 1 TD

9. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

It was a close game. I just could not make any plays when it mattered. I was able to tie it up in the 4th after a TD and a 2point conversion, but USC didnt back down.

10. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

@Hokie Effect

You always start clicking right after the first, etc.

Our game last season was like that but I barely held my own till the end.

11. Hova

I'm going to try and get our first Legacy Radio segment up tomorrow with special guest maslerboros

12. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Awesome. That would be sweet.

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State 27
    Texas A&M 10

Robert Bolden was given the keys to the offense and the style was chosen to fit his abilities. He didn't have a perfect game but he accounted for 316 total yards in this game. Of those yards 268 came through the air but he completed just over 50% of his attempts and threw an interception. On the ground he accounted for 48 yards, including a 1-yard touchdown. The team's top 3 receivers all put together big games, led by WR1 Shawney Kersey with 120 yards on 5 catches. Kersey slumped last season after breaking nearly all Penn State's single season receiving records as a sophomore. On defense Penn State grabbed a pair of interceptions and totaled 4 sacks. Safety Brent Johnson and linebacker Dakota Royer grabbed the picks. Defensive end Lee Broussard led the squad with 2 sacks.

Next up thinks get much more difficult with a game against reigning co-National Champion Alabama.

14. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#13 Iowa 49
    #10 Georgia 48 1 OT

Another barn burner was played between the hedges. Iowa got off to a quick start, throwing a 50+ yard strike for a TD on its first possession. The Hawkeye defense held for a 3 and out on the next possession and got the ball back for the offense. Marcus Coker immediately went 60+ yards for a 14-0 lead in the first 3 minutes and it looked like the route was on. Georgia would cut the lead to 14-7 on the next possession, as Sr HB Ken Malcome ran 60+ yards for a TD.

The Georgia defense was able to manage a stop to start the second quarter. The Bulldog offense drove down to the Iowa 40 yard line for a 4th and 1 play. Georgia elected to go for it and ran an option play. The pitch was picked off by the defensive end and returned 60 yards for a TD. Iowa led 21-7. Georgia scored on a Brown to Edwards 35 yard TD on its next possession and the Iowa lead was 21-14. The Bulldog defense forced a punt on the next drive and Georgia had the ball on its own 12 yard line with about a minute to go. Georgia was receiving the ball in the second half, so they elected to run out the clock. However, Ken Malcome fumbled after gaining a first down on a 3rd and 3 play with about 20 seconds left. Iowa scored on a post route on its first play after the turnover, to take a 28-14 halftime lead.

Georgia returned the opening kickoff for a TD. Sr WR Bennett fumbled on the play and the ball was picked up at the 20 by Jr TE Meadows and returned for a TD. For the rest of the quarter, Iowa did their damage on the legs of Coker, while Georgia moved the ball via the passing game. The score to close the third quarter was 42-28 Iowa.

Georgia started the 4th quarter with an INT by Jr SS Davis and immediately scored. The Bulldog defense registered 2 sacks on Iowa's next drive and forced a punt. The Bulldog offense was about 70 yards away from a chance to tie the game with 3 minutes left and the pressure was on the shoulders of So QB Zach Brown. The Bulldogs mounted a balanced attack and scored the tying touchdown with 19 seconds left to go in the game.

In OT, Georgia won the toss and elected to play defense. Iowa's offense scored a TD in 3 or 4 plays and Georgia scored in about the same amount of time. Trailing 49-48 with the extra point pending and feeling momentum against a tired defense, Georgia's coach decided to go for 2. Brown attempted to hit a TE on a comeback route, but the ball was knocked down at the line of scrimmage.

Good luck to anyone that has to stop Coker this year, he is a beast.

Good game JC.

15. Hova

I have 3/4ths of the radio show done but masler duped me on the interview. Laaaame. Looks like it will be delayed

16. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan. 29
    LSU. 24

Wolverines travels down to the bayou to take on the Tigers and barely escapes after squandering a 13 point fourth quarter lead. A healthy mix of ball control, UM had the ball for 19:22 to LSU's 8:38, and two interceptions allowed Michigan play at it's tempo. In the fourth LSU exerted it's will making big plays down field and forcing Michigan into three and outs. Matt McDaniel ran over center for a one yard score and then connected with James Wrigt for a 20 yard TD pass to put the Bayou Bengals ahead 24-23. Alan Martin came off the bench and orchestrated a three play drive giving Michigan a 5 point lead after its fail two point conversion. He replaced an injured Devin Gardner who went down during the previous drive. Despite the injury Gardner rebounded for his subpar showing against Colorado with 353 total yards and two TDs while connecting with nine Wolverine receivers.

Good game Dukebball

17. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

GG Suge. Another close loss, don't know how many more of these I can take haha.

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Good to see Big 10 boys are up to the challenge. Hopefully I can win my game against Bama to make it a clean sweep.

19. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 62
    Ole Miss - 10

This was the Jamie Ross show. He led the way through the air with 152 yards and 3 TDs and on the ground with 79 yards and 1 TD. His accuracy is still lacking though, only completing 10 of 18 passes. Joey Taylor and Adam Brown both also had solid performances running the ball. Taylor carried 15 times for 88 yards and 2 TDs. Brown averaged 11 yards per carry on 7 carries. He also had a rushing TD. Defensively, Cedric McCoy dominated. He had 8 total tackles with 7 of them being for a loss. 3 of those 7 tackles for a loss were sacks. He now has a team leading 7 sacks on the early season.

Alabama will next host Penn State in a battle of top ranked teams.