2014 Michigan State Spartans

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Fmode11, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG]

The Michigan State Spartans come into this year with a very talented team. Coach Gangsta has talented players at the necessary skill positions to take the Spartans to the B1G Championship this year and content for a Nation Title as well. They will mainly have to contend with Northwestern in the Legends division this year for the right to play in Indy in December, but Coach Gangsta should have amble time to prepare for that high touted game as they do not play Northwestern until week 6. Michigan State and Northwestern are the only two teams ranked in the Legends division while the Leaders division currently contains 4 ranked teams. Who ever comes out of the Legends division between Coach Gngsta4Lyphe and NYJuggalo45 will have a tough match-up for the B1G title.

OFFENSE

Lead by RS Junior QB Connor Cook and his deadly accurate arm, B1G defenses should be put on notice. This is a Spartans team that will be able to score points, and lots of 'em. Not only do they start one of the most accurate QBs in the country, but their starting RS Senior running back Nick Hill is a speedster with greater than 90 ratings in most rushing categories including break tackles, elusiveness and spin move. These two are accompanied by a deep mature wide receiving core that will give defenses fits. They can stretch the field by sending guys deep with enough talent to also run guys under-neath. Defenses will have to pick their poison.

There will be work to be done on the recruiting trail this year as 3 of their top 5 lineman are all seniors, as well as their top 3 wide receivers. Although, Nick Hill is only a Junior he is also expected to leave for the NFL draft following behind Larry Caper, Jevon Ringer and Edwin Baker who all also left early.

DEFENSE

Pat Narduzzi and Coach Gngsta4Lyphe have created and recruited a well oiled machine. The Spartans have top talent at every position with no weaknesses evident. Led by Senior OLB Tiawan Jones (88) and Senior FS Kurtis Drummond (88), look for opposing offenses to try and spread the Spartan defense thin and expose gaps. With a deep roster full of young talent, Michigan State will be a force for years to come.

PREDICTIONS

With games against #2 Washington Raidernation, #3 Notre Dame, #9 Northwestern NYJuggalo45, #5 Wisconsin GMONEY 15 and #10 Penn State dj illmatic 23 - look for the Spartans to win at least 7 game this year, but no more than 9... My guess is a 9-3 record and 2nd in Legends division behind Northwestern.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

I actually lost Nick Hill and we are relying on Langford to carry the team. Hill is done for the year i think, maybe it was 12 weeks or something.

3. Brandon S.

Challenge accepted! Im going to hold you to that.

4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Well I was going to ask if you wanted to revise my guess downward after that Nick Hill information.... Being new to the league and doing this all off dynasty wire plus into week 2 in the season I am sorry for your luck. Go out there, and prove the haters wrong. Sparty on!

motivate-this-4.jpg

5. Brandon S.

Turns out nick hill only has a sprained elbow, in the game it said something else, which was 12 weeks, but i guess now its just an elbow sprain? He'll be back next week, but not before my game vs #2 Washington. Everyone is basically new to the league, so i understand !

6. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Who is nick hill ?

7. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

see picture above

• Like Like x 1
  8. Raidernation

Hahahahaha .... Cool picture I would talk shit but it's against the law since its my first season in Legacy. I shall remain humble cept if a get a chance to buss dj illmatic 23 's ass :D

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Brandon S.

I just dont want to hear the migraine excuse after our game today. ;)

10. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Game's going down today? I await a great game summary... and as long as we are all in agreement with a little trash - I don't think Hova would mind. You guys are going to have a great rivalry in the division for seasons to come.

11. Brandon S.

I know Raidernation from the GMFL days last year. I just like to mess with him. A little trash talk is part of the game for me, even though 90% of my wins are based off of some pure fluke play(s)

12. Raidernation

....... SMH shit was crazy dude last time

I've heard it was the same this year too ........ sits at about 91.8%

• Like Like x 1