2014 National Championship Game picture

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by H22APWRD94, Apr 9, 2011.

1. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Looking forward to the National Championship matchups, I see some amazing possibilities. There are teams that thought that they were eliminated from the picture weeks ago that could jump right back in it with big wins this week. There are other teams that are undefeated, but with huge matchups coming this week. Of the three undefeateds, two will only play eleven games. Hopefully the EA squad will fix that issue with next years release.

Iowa is in the drivers seat as far as a National Championship berth is concerned. Defeat their rival to the north, Minnesota, and they are a shoe in. While they may be the favorite, Iowa has had issues with them in the past and this is a rivalry that can have any outcome.

Second on the list is West Virginia. They are currently ranked #2 in all polls, and have games remaining @ Pittsburgh and at home versus Duke. The game this week in Pittsburgh is huge. The Backyard Brawl. One of the ugliest rivalries out there. West Virginia is at the top of the Big East in both offense and defense. And with Heisman candidate Joe Dukes in the backfield, they are a serious threat. But, it is a rivalry game, and it is in Pittsburgh, and we all know how those go.

Third on the list is Utah. They are currently ranked #3 in all polls, and have games remaining @ TCU and @ UCF. The game against TCU is a huge one. It decides the Mountain West, and it couldn't be any better. The Utah defense is giving up a little over 8 points a game, and the TCU offense is scoring almost 33 a game. Something has to give.

The BCS and Media have Michigan at #4 while the Coaches have them at #5. They have one game left, and it couldn't get any bigger. The Game. The Game that they have lost for the last two seasons. The Game that they need to have a shot at the National Championship. The Game that means more than anything to everybody ever involved with Ohio State or Michigan athletics. That is it, The Game. Get past that, you have your chance.

Rounding out the top 5, that program that everybody loves to hate. The program that brought us a rescinded Heisman Trophy, Lane Kiffin wearing womens clothing, and the second hottest cheerleaders in Los Angeles. USC. They are ranked #4 by the Media, but #5 where it counts. They may have the hardest path yet, but the path that could gain them the most. They play @ Notre Dame and host UCLA. Both are HUGE rivalry games, and the game against UCLA could decide it all in week 14. If they get past Notre Dame, that is the last hurdle.

On the outside, looking in. LSU. They lost to Alabama, so no conference championship game. Boise State. They just have not played tough enough competition, go figure.

It will be an interesting two weeks. We will see where the chips will fall. In my opinion, if Michigan tops Ohio State, I see them making it in. USC, like I said, has a shot, but needs WVU, Utah and Michigan to lose, but maybe only Michigan. Either way, let the good times roll.

• Like Like x 4
  2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Dukes is a nut. Remember seeing him listed for the heisman and several awards.

3. controllerabuser

I believe Tuco played BK. Since cimmy took over for Bk I told cimmy he would probably have to go on auto for that game. That is up to @tuco418 if he wants to play that as user or CPU. I don't mind him playing the CPU as that is more fair in my eyes.

4. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Nice write-up mike, enjoyed reading that. Good luck!

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

nice work

6. controllerabuser

I'm seeing that bk was on auto. So, the game against UCLA will have to be played against cimmy.

7. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Great work mike

8. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Thanks. It felt damn good contributing. Plus, I was honestly amazed by the amount of ways this could turn out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. controllerabuser

Yeah, I like to see and hear how complicated the standings and BCS can be and what will work out.

10. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

great read Mike

I might have a bad quarter vs Oklahoma keep me out of the title game. I had a 21-7 lead late in the third before the roof caved in. I hate playing hurry-up CPU teams

11. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Good stuff, Mike. Hopefully you can stay the course and take home the national championship trophy!

12. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Tell me about it. I am Baylor in SH, and I think every team I play in the Big12 runs some form of no huddle. It has got to be fixed for next release.