2014 NextFL Draft

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Cheez, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Who were your picks? How'd they turn out? Talk about it here!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Green Bay traded Denver pick 21 for pick 40 and a first next year.
    Green Bay then traded Cleveland pick 40 for a second, third, and fourth next year.

2nd round - Pick 21: CB Bret Jeffcoat - 75 OVR - will compete for #3 Corner
    3rd round - Pick 21: TE Garrod Standard - 68 OVR - might stay on roster for depth. Might.
    4th round - Pick 21: RE Luis Dobbs - 74 OVR - will get playing time at both end positions.
    5th round - Pick 21: WR Johnnie Perry - 73 OVR - will compete for a roster spot. GB is rather deep at WR though.
    6th round - Pick 21: CB Hussam Bangura - 66 OVR - likely will not make 53 man roster
    7th round - Pick 21: DT Karlos Haile - 63 OVR - the Packers are weak at depth for DT, so he may still make the roster.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Browns draft went very, very well. My biggest need was MLB , when my top 2 guys went in the first 10 picks I was a bit bummed but I got my #3 MLB at the 11th pick, then my #1 CB with 12. The 2nd round turned out great for me as well , with taking a QB that I had as my #3 overall QB with the 40th pick from the trade with Green Bay. Just a few picks later we took BPA, which was a running back we had as the #2 running back on the board. After that was a few filler picks, a nice OLB who is a freak athlete but lacks skills , we may move him to MLB and try to coach him up.We then took a good backup DE in the 4th & a white WR we picked blindly (word on the street is he sucks).

*updated after advance as I can see all the ratings*

1st round - Pick 11 - MLB Jarman Hood- This guy is a freak athlete with 95 speed , 85 ACC and also has 85 block shed. His downside is 74 TAK and 66 hit power. The bright side is he has star development s he should progress well.
    1st round - Pick 12 - CB Johnell Shorter - This guy will start day one , has a really unique attribute set. He comes in with 95 zone and 80 man, 88 PUR , 88 TAK , 75 POW , and 87 catching. The downside here is his 89 speed and 81 ACC. I don't think those will effect him too much in my system as I play more zone than anything.
    2nd round - pick 40 - QB Theo Babbich - QB of the future, but not sure if the future is now just yet. Comes in with 92 THP and 87 SAC , which is better than Weeden. The downside here is his 57 PAC and average other ratings at QB. He does have tight spiral trait which should help and I have QB XP boost.
    2nd round - pick 43 - HB Javonti Fields - Wow I love this guy! Has 97 SPD , 83 STR , 89 SPM , 90 JKM and catches the ball well and can return kicks and punts. I will use him a lot like Reggie Bush to compliment Ben Tate. This kid went off in my first practice.
    3rd round - pick 81 - OLB Keegan McKenzie - My project player here. Has 84 SPD and 90 strength. Not much else attribute wise but he has big hitter trait and swim move, along with level 2 consistency. Hopefully in a year or two I can build him up to a player of some fashion. For now he's a special teamer.
    4th round - pick 107 - DE Jack Rome- Nice steal of a backup here.Comes in with mid 70's line moves , but 80 hit power and 87 strength. Nice surprise to see bull rush and swim move traits.
    4th round - pick 108 - WR Rich Beech- Wow does this guy blow! All WR ratings in the 60's , lone bright spot here is 88 speed and 95 ACC. He can run block too , be shocked if this dude survives the first two waivers.
    5th round - pick 139 - FB Delency Carrington - I took a flyer on this guy and he might make the team. Has good run block and impact blocking and has 80 pass block , which is an upgrade from my current FB who has 65 pass block. I may carry two FB's , as my other is more athletic but has 65 stamina(WTF)
    6th round - pick 171 - TE Jonathan Spisak (CPU) - This TE comes in with no skills at all, but has high motor and fight for yards trait , which we imagine will help him put in long hours at our local Citgo after he is released.

Overall draft grade - A+

Solved all of my pressing needs while getting my #1CB, #3 MLB , and #2 HB , of which I had in my top 10 overall. I have my QB of the future as well. I really would have liked to have gotten a good OG , but I felt like this class had a lack of guards so I am ok with missing out this year. I also gave Cheez some picks so he can build a team to crush Baron :D

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  4. LSUWhoDat78

LSUWhoDat78 Walk On

The Giants were looking to trade early but ended up taking all of its own picks and had a very productive draft.

The new coaching staff has totally reshaped the offensive scheme and this years draft netted 6 offensive players!

LT D Bertrand - All Pro ptential
    WR E Clyburn - huge target with all the tools
    HB D Richardson - pure speed.
    TE J Gatewood - raw, but tough and talented
    MLB P Bivins - with the lack of depth at mlb, he could push for a spot.
    C G Knust - Smart, nasty lineman
    CB D Albert - ?????
    RT O House - project who will fit in nice in this new scheme

Very happy with this draft.
    A few more tweaks and this roster should bounce back nicely from last seasons abortion of 2 - 14.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LSUWhoDat78

LSUWhoDat78 Walk On

Rich Bitch????

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Arizona Cardinals Draft Review

Arizona came into this thing with one need: a goddamn pass rusher. Gone to retirement was John Abraham who had a stellar final year in the league- so there were/are some big shoes to fill. Considering what picks got used for what, we like to think we had a really nice draft. Without further ado, let's take a look at what Arizona did with their picks. For what it's worth, Arizona picked #20 in each round.

1st & 2nd (Traded to Tennessee for the #3 overall pick)
    Brian Vallere | DE | Arkansas | 6'4 281 | 21 Y/O
    Without a doubt, Arizona got their pass rusher here. Vallere was their clear cut #1 on their board, and from all accounts he lived up to the hype. He will start immediately at one of the OLB spots, it's just a matter of deciding which one. Coaches were worried that being a DE out of college he would lack coverage skills, but he has since proved otherwise. Key Ratings: OVR 86, PMV & FMV 88, BSH 80, SPD 86, STR 82, AGL 79, ACC 87, AWR 76, MCV 72, ZCV 70.

3rd (Traded to Broncos for SS Quinton Carter)
    Carter will fill the departure of Yeremiah Bell and add some physicality to an already stout secondary. He just needs some polish on some coverage ratings and he should mix well with Tyrann Mathieu.

4th
    Q'Dareus Bishop | FB | Texas | 6'1 239 | 21 Y/O
    Unfortunately, we doubt Bishop will make the roster unless we don't feel like going and finding another FB- which is likely. Key Ratings: PBK 64, RBK 70, OVR 50

5th
    Garrett Crumbley | TE | VMI | 6'6 243 | 20 Y/O
    Crumbley looks to be a decent TE for a CPU pick, and considering we only have one on roster right now he figures to at least make the team. I would classify him as a jack of all trades, master of none. Not a spectacular receiver, but not terrible- same goes for blocking. Could be an interesting project player if he can stay on the field. Key Ratings: OVR 69, PBK 69, RBK 69, CTH 76, RTE 70, SPD 70

6th
    Phillip Blake | C | Baylor | 6'2 312 | 28 Y/O?
    I'm pretty sure the CCM site is messing up, but I don't think this guy was on my roster before. Anyways, a nice grab by the CPU again as they pick up a 70 overall C here.

Blah blah blah, go Vallere!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Tampa Bay finishes a good offseason with a productive draft

1. RE Jackie Blunt 6'7 275 out of Nebraska comes in rated 82 overall with 87 speed and 85 BSH. He will challenge for a starting spot right off the bat.
    2. RT raymond hicks is a 6'3 288 lbs burner out of Texas Tech as he comes in with 88 speed to go along with 87 PBK & 85 RBK.
    3. LT John-David is a massive 6'7 334 pass blocking (90) mountain who has 90 STR
    4. Quayshawn Miles 6'3 254 TE will be a project sitting behind Stocker and Wright but has reasonable RBK (66) for a third stringer.
    5. WR Kirby McCleary is a decent target at 6'1 215 with decent hands (82) and speed (85)
    6. CB Brock Farrow is a 5'11 man to man cover just like we like 'em in Tampa.
    7. WR Tiger Jenkins is 6'2 221 and will be on the prowl in Ybor and at Mon's Venus very soon.
    8. HB Ed Pierre-Louis has decent speed and is a long shot with four backs already on the roster.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

getting better in the trenches ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Once a lineman always a lineman

• Like Like x 2
  10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I block about as well as some of these Madden lineman lol

I like what you did in FA and the draft :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Buffalo was in a position to where most of their picks would be luxury picks. New management went into the draft looking to improve the offensive line and maybe get deeper on defense. With the offensive line and heavy defense taken early it forced the Bills in a different direction and all things considered they turned in a great class.

1st Rd- Mark Joe
    Absolute stud at TE. Exceptional route running and catching combined with a 6'7" frame the Bills felt like this was a steal at pick 24 even though it was necessarily a need.

2nd Rd - Lache Odom
    Very raw talent. Weak in coverage but exceptional physical tools. Will have plenty of time to grow and if the Bills sustain an injury to one of their 90 plus overall playmaking safeties this prototype will be able to step right in.

3rd Rd- LG Marquise Adams
    The low production rating really burned the Bills here. Looked great until the overalls came in. With 73 strength dont see much of a future for him with the Bills.

4th Rd- Jevante Lambert
    The Bills had 5 open spots on their roster and were planning on taking a 3rd string QB with this pick to comply with the new league rule of 3 QB's. Then just ahead of them a FB went off the board to Arizona and they knew they could not risk losing a guy they had rated extremely high. Incredible blocking skills stood out to the coaching staff here. With Spiller and Moreno this guy wont get alot of touches but the little things he does are what makes this pick worth it.

5th through 7th Rds
    The Bills needed a QB and with the last QB going just 8 picks ahead of them and a roster that was pretty set in stone the Bills handed their draft over to a random homeless guy hanging outside of Radio City Music hall. They gave him a cheeseburger and bottle of Jack for his time and he made some pretty awful selections whom were cut immediately.

Buffalo wasn't able to address any offensive line needs but are very excited about the undervalued FB and freak TE they pulled in. They will be throwing in a lot of two TE sets with two of the best balanced TE's in the league. Buffalo is extremely excited about their team heading into the 2014 season and hopes they can take a really talented roster deep into the post season

• Like Like x 1
  12. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Assuming thats one of the strip clubs we were talking about lol.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    He has CTH rating in the 60's and 70's SPD so we got him a temp job at the local grocery store stocking shelves at night until his personal trainer certifications are received.

• Like Like x 5
  14. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Denver Broncos

Only 4 players from the Broncos draft made the 53 man roster.

1st Round 21st Pick- OLB Avius Barton 67 Overall (backup)

3rd Round 8th Pick- RE Jordan Onyegbule 71 Overall (backup)

3rd Round 20th Pick- QB Dezrick Spence 72 Overall (3rd string)

4th Round 31st Pick- FB Letevin Gibbs 52 Overall (Starter) 88 Impact Blocking, 83 Pass Block, 85 Run Block

15. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

San Francisco 49ers

Coming into the draft, the 49ers were looking for a long term solution at DT, depth at DE, and a new grinder to replace Frank Gore. They didn't get the RB, as their target was selected by the New York Jets. But, they did get the DT.

1st Round - Dickson compares favorably to Ndamukong Suh... 99 PHY rating... should be good for a very long time. 87 Overall.

draft1.png

2nd Round - With no targets slipping to this pick, had to take best play of our board. Mahone will add depth at DE, where age is starting to become a factor.
    draft2.png

3rd Round - Strong kid that should develop quickly in the 49ers system.
    draft3.png

3rd Round - With our big board basically cleaned out at this point, we went with the replacement to Phil Dawson. Young and cheap, just like the 49ers like.

draft33.png

6th Round - CPU - Pretty representative of the weak class overall for HBs and WRs. 65 AGL?? Will not make the roster.

draft6.png

7th Round - CPU - Another crap player... actually looks a descent power RB and then 69 ACC?? Will be cut.

draft7.png

16. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS RECAP

Only 3 guys (well 4 if you count the punter) are going to make an impact this year for the Steelers:

1st rd: MLB Tuni Ware (78ovr) Will step in and start for the Steelers. Incredible man coverage for a MLB and at 98 hit power, he's going to look to create turnovers and really be a game changer for the Steelers this year. Steelers have the potential to have the best MLB combo in the league very soon with Lawrence Timmons along side of Ware.

2nd rd: WR Beckwith (73ovr) In the first practice of the season, Beckwith looks like he will fit in just fine in the slot for the Steelers. Good hands, nice speed and at 6'1 he might be the biggest WR on the roster.

4th rd: TE Terio (72 ovr) Heath Miller is getting older, so Terio might be the answer going forward. Needs to work on his PB and RB, but has decent hands and at 6'6, he's a nice big target we've been looking for. Look for him to be a redzone threat down the road.

CPU drafted a punter. I took a chance in the 5th rd drafting a 5'9 199lb HB hoping he would be fast, but he's slow as shit and will be cut after free agency.

Steelers are pumped for the season and thinking they will contend for the AFC North title as long as they get off to a decent start.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I cut some of the rookies this morning, still need to go pretty big in free agency to reach 53.

the Titans linebacker squad was pretty bad last year and then Bart Scott tested FA so that opened up an even bigger hole at MLB, then we went into the off-season free agency and I was on auto-pilot, computer went full retard with offers and opened up another gap at LOLB. Traded my #3 spot with Kasper since I had Denver's #8 and wasn't necessarily wanting one exact dude.

Round 1, Pick 8: MLB Oristes Fuqua , pretty nasty and will easily be the starter. If this dude isn't all over the field making plays I'll be amazed. big, fast & hard hitting. His only problem will be if I user him :confused:

Round 1, Pick 20: LOLB Colt Gray, 6'6 linebacker, he'll get some play time this year but won't be the definite starter. Need to get his coverages up and he's not the quickest of guys with his size, but filled a need for the future.

Round 2, pick 3: C Moshood Adeshina, definite run blocking center, he'll sit behind Schwenke this year just for that pure reason and work on his PB rating. Trying to build an offensive line and get some depth at Tennessee, the drop off behind the first string is so bad I couldn't pass on a solid center.

Round 2, pick 20: RG Rashawn Gibbs, much like Moshood, we're needing some young depth on the offensive line. Rashawn is a big sumbitch that Locker will probably hit in the back of the head trying to throw. Just like Moshood, he's a better run blocker then pass blocking. Luckily I'm not relying on this kid to start immediately.

Round 3, pick 11: CB Vincent Mincy, I didn't need a corner and didn't scout this dude but he was the highest up on the available and was projected in the 2nd, I saw he was 6'2 and just didn't want to pass on him and prayed he was good. I think he fell about 5th on my CB depth which was surprising.

Round 4, pick 23: TE Carl Harper, needing someone behind Delanie Walker. I don't run a 2 TE system so again I wasn't relying on Carl to come in and make an impact. He's a big body with impressive speed, just need to work on the basic fundamentals, like catching lol

Round 5, pick 3: FB Heath Atkins, pretty beast blocking skills and that's about all I was hoping for.

At this point, we were going so dang slow, I went to bed and it drafted some low 50 rated players that I cut this morning.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]

He hungry....

• Like Like x 4
  19. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Bengals Draft Recap

Cincinnati didn't need a long, as going into the draft they had a pretty solid roster. We signed a lot of good young depth in free agency, so the focus coming in was to get an outside linebacker who could start and shore up other positions with more depth. We felt that we did that.

Round 1 Pick 9 - ROLB Frank Ogbonna (76 overall)

It was between him and ROLB Guisepper Pearl, and once Perl was taken off the board by the Rams it made our decision easy. With Vontaze Burfict switching to the Mike linebacker, Ogbonna will play the Sam. He doesn't excel at any other thing but is rangy and will make plays. He's got good awareness and puts himself in the right situations.

Round 2 Pick 9 - DT Dekendrick Nimmo (72 overall)

With Geno Atkins leaving the team, we needed some added depth behind Bennie Logan, Brandon Thompson, and Devon Still. Nimmo is a solid player with very good speed for a DT. His overall is a bit deceiving as hes already the fastest of the four players with 81 block shedding and 86 power. We really like this kid.

Roud 3 Pick 9 - QB Tucker Hurt (72 overall)

We needed some insurance at QB with Andy Dalton going into his last year. Hurt is a big guy at 6'6 231 pounds with 90 throw power and respectable accuracy (78 short, 71 mid, 76 deep). He also has 77 speed and 76 acceleration which is pretty impressive for a guy his size. Likely won't get playing time for awhile, but his future is bright.

Round 4 Pick 9 - Jaden Rabasa (67 overall)

Rabasa isn't anything special, but he provides depth when the other guys ahead of him need a blow. 68 man coverage isn't very good, neither is 73 zone, but hes a great tackler for a corner (83) with really good hands (86). He has respectable speed and acceleration as well, so we like what he gives us considering the depth of the draft was starting to wear thin.

Two 6ths and one 7th round picks were cut. Planning on cutting the other 5th rounder once I sign another WR during waivers/free agency. The CPU did snag a solid LE for me with my other 7th round pick.

Round 7 LaMichael Kennel (72 overall)

Kennel beat the odds and made the roster despite the Bengals insane depth at this position. Already has 77 block shedding with ok speed and is a really tough kid. He scratches and claws for everything he earns, and is a worker. Looking forward to seeing his development.

20. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Skins 2014 Draft

2 (22) - MLB Shalon Hemphill - 6'3" 242 lbs - Skins scouts coveted MLB Jarmon Hood but had no 1st round pick (thanks to ol' Bobby-3-sticks) and he ended up going early to the Browns at #11 OVR. They were happy to get their fallback option in Hemphill. You never want to call a player a fallback option but he is, its going to take a season to get the raw athletic rookie coached into a starting position. Hemphill has 88 SPD and 86 ACC but needs to work on his BSH, PUR, PRC and coverage skills before he sees significant snaps.

3 (22) - LOLB Zach Pierro - 6'1" 240 lbs - The scouting staff spent a lot time on LBs this draft and were looking for at least a side grade on Rob Jackson. Pierro needs a lot of time to develop but hopefully can put his 87 ZCV to use in the future. He needs to work on his PUR and BSH but is solid everywhere else.

Picks in rounds 4-7 did not make it out of training camp.

Not the best draft ever. Or as Washington fans say, "Business as usual."

• Like Like x 1
  21. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

[​IMG]
    Seattle Seahawks 2014 NFL Draft

1st Round - 26th Pick - WR Linval Stills - 6'3" 202lbs Knoxville College
    [​IMG]
    Going into the draft the plan wasn't to go after a WR in the first round, but we did scout quite a few WRs and really were impressed with Linval's raw ability. He's has a big frame at 6'3" and has excellent speed at a 90. He needs some work with his route running which is a 77 and his release which is also a 77 but he has an 85 catching ability and a 90 jump. He has all the ability in the world and with some coaching he has the potential to be a very good NFL wide receiver.

2nd Round - Traded to New England for 2015 1st Round Pick

3rd Round - Traded

4th Round - CB Bakari Story - 6'2" 188lbs Tennessee St.
    [​IMG]
    Defense is something that we pride ourselves on in Seattle and we wanted to continue that tradition by getting better. Corner is a position we felt we had some depth, but with injuries you can never have too many good corners. With where we were in the draft we wanted to grab another big corner and Story fits the bill. He's 6'2" so has good size to match up with the biggest WRs in the league. Also important is he has good speed at an 88. He comes into the league with great hands with an 83 catch rating, but where he is weak is his man coverage which is a 72. We felt that we could work on his coverage skills, zone is good at an 82 and improve his fundamentals in press coverage to make him a good CB of the future.

5th Round - LT Shakim Devaughn - 6'4" 312lbs Franklin College
    [​IMG]
    Offensive line was a position of need going into the draft, but the guy we wanted to select in the first round was already off the board by the time we got to our pick there so we held off and went BPA. By the time the fifth round rolled around it was time to get a tackle and Shakim was there so we grabbed him. He is a good pass blocker at a 77 overall but leaves something to be desired with his run blocking at a 71. Impact blocking also needs some work at just a 70 overall. He also needs to hit the weights with only a 75 strength rating. We feel like he will add depth to the line and in time improve, but barring injury he shouldn't crack a starting role this season.

5th Round - K Carlos Delagarza - 5'11" 191lbs Notre Dame
    [​IMG]
    After losing our starting kicker in the offseason due to being too far apart on a new contract we wanted to get a rookie which we could keep for the next several seasons. We think we found that rookie in Carlos Delagarza out of Notre Dame. He has all the tools needed to be a great kicker. 92 kick power and 88 kick accuracy. What more could you ask for out of a kicker?

6th Round - DT Quenton Todd - 6'4" 284lbs Connecticut
    [​IMG]
    Again, we wanted more depth on defense and defensive line was an area we felt like we could use more bodies. Todd has decent strength at an 84 and good block shedding with an 83 rating. He can bring the lumber with an 87 rated hit power as well. He needs to work on his power moves but we really feel like we have a good defensive tackle that we can build on as the seasons progress. He definitely will see some snaps and allow us to spell our defensive linemen more frequently than before we drafted him.

7th Round - TE Jude Grasu - 6'6" 260lbs Westminster
    [​IMG]
    Jude is a big boy at 6'6" 260, however needs some work all around. He can however be a good all around TE because he is pretty even in both his catching and route running ability as well as his blocking skills. Both are lacking, but with some coaching, and some time, he can be decent in all phases which will come in handy in multiple TE sets. Don't look for Jude to make much of an impact in his first season unless one of the two TE's in front of him goes down with an injury.

• Like Like x 1