2014 NFL Draft team results

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by CaddilacRockBox, Feb 17, 2013.

1. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

Holy crap I had a good draft.

1st round: Byron Steele TE 86 ovr (93 spd, 88 str, 93 acc, 86 cth!)
    2nd round: Ryan Markar RG 81 ovr
    3rd round: Dex Kinnaird RT 79 ovr
    4th round: Martwon Sanders FS 70 ovr
    5th round: John-David Simek LT 73 ovr
    6th round: Andrew Archer WR 76 ovr (81 cth, 98 jmp, 94 spd, 99 acc!!!)
    7th round: Blake Favor WR 64 ovr

2. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

1st round - None
    2nd Round - Demonte Luderdale RE 68
    3rd Round Lamanski Gaston DT 70
    4th Round DT Roderick Bass DT 71
    4th ROund Tuni Davis CB 73
    5th Round Brock Hollaway P 57
    6th Round Herman Covington QB 60
    7th Round Jared Schrock MLB 59

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

1st Round

QB Arron Starks - 75 Overall - 88 Throw Power, 72 Short Acc, 74 Med Acc, 71 Depp Acc, 85 Throw on the Run, 78 Speed, 82 Accel

I like his arm strength and with Fast Progression I believe his accuracy will soon be under control, especially if I can get him SuperStar. I also need to work on his poor Play Action stat. Not sure if he will start right away but between him and TJ Yates...Matt Schaub might be out of a job.

CB Frankie McGriff - 77 Overall - 90 Man, 70 Zone, 80 Pursuit, 78 Press, 86 Jump, 90 Speed, 89 Accel, 96 Agility

Excellent man coverage and needs to work on his zone. If he gets his hands on that football it will be tough to stop him from a big return. He will be starting.

2nd Round

ROLB Andrew Tripp - 70 Overall - 76 Play Recognition, 74 Press, 90 Pursuit, 80 Block Shed, 75 Hit Power, 83 Jump, 79 Speed, 92 Accel

I had scouted this kid some and the pure reason I drafted him is his high pursuit and high acceleration. Yes he needs to work on his tackling A LOT but if he can get to the ball carrier then he can at least slow them down until someone can take them down. Might not see much PT at first.

TE Josh Milburn - 73 Overall - 80 Speed, 82 Agility, 88 Accel, 80 Catch, 84 CIT, 79 Truck, 84 Stiff Arm, 85 Release, 95 Jump

I needed a TE and this guy was the last one on my draft board. I didn't scout him extensively but he has some great hands by the look of it and wow can he jump. Due to the fact that I only had one TE before this he will start right away.

3rd Round

DT Byron Houston - 71 Overall - 92 Strength, 75 Power Moves, 70 Tackle, 71 Hit Power

I was pretty much drafting blind at this point and this kid does not impress and sits at the #3 DT on the depth chart

LE Damion Parks - 76 Overall - 70 Pursuit, 81 Block Shed, 76 Tackle, 79 Hit Power, 75 Speed, 81 Strength, 89 Accel, 83 Finesse

Looking through his packages it would appear Houston has a SuperStar. Knowing nothing about this kid I actually drafted him by accident. I wanted the guy with 98 Size rather than Parks who was 88 for Size. Turns out that little blunder paid off. I hope to get him on the field often so we can mold him into a force to be reckoned with and compliment Watt nicely

4th Round

HB Cornel Dixon - 67 Overall - 92 Speed, 87 Accel, 77 BCV, 72 Carry, 88 Truck, 84 Stiff Arm, 87 Juke, 87 Spin

Better than I thought especially at 67 overall, speedy and some good ball carrying skills. Though Forsett is rated 10 points higher at 77, he doesn't have the skills Dixon brings...potential #2.

5th Round

LG Christian Crosthwaithe - 52 Overall - 78 Run Block, 78 Pass Block, 82 Strength

Not that great and would probably get abused if I gave him PT. May or may not find himself a FA.

6th Round

C Connor O'Leary - 67 Overall - 80 Run Block, 79 Pass Block, 83 Strength, 78 Accel

How he is rated this much more than the LG is confusing. Not going to start

7th Round

TE Troy Mayes - 42 Overall - 73 Speed, 76 Accel, 66 Catch, 85 Impact Block, 85 Run Block

If only he were on the Offensive Line.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG]

Round Pick Position Name College Height & Weight OVR Grade Comments
    1 12 C Christian Paul Ohio State 6'3", 305 lbs 83 A+ Knocked it out of the park on the 49ers biggest need. Is great both run and pass blocking and will easily pick up the playbook.
    2 12 DE Marcus Williams Tulsa 6'5", 305 lbs 74 B+ Big and strong with good athleticism for his size. Will need to improve getting off blocks, but has potential.
    3 12 K Blake McNulty Tennessee 5'11", 182 lbs 77 A- Strong leg and good accuracy. Fills another need.
    4 12 HB Cedric Shepherd Oregon State 5'10", 210 lbs 62 D Has good athleticism and solid moves. Struggled in pre-season game.
    5 12 DE Titarius Smith Nevada 6'4", 273 lbs 71 B Capable pass rusher with great acceleration and good strength. Adds good depth to thin D-Line.
    6 12 CB Lekambrick Henry Delaware St. 6'0", 215 lbs 67 C Physical player with good size. Great athleticism with mediocre coverage skills. Will need get into playbook to succeed.
    7 12 HB Kenneth Hennings W. Carolina 5'8", 212 lbs 59 C Though not overly athletic or skillful, has a compact body that allows him to find the hole. Showed a lot of promise in pre-season game and may end #2 in depth chart.

Coach Boom comments on draft:
    • Overall, we had a good draft. We filled our primary needs and got younger at a couple positions where we expect some turnover in the next couple years.
    • We got a great player in Paul at our #1 need, Center. He's ready to step in and solidify our line. Marcus Williams and Titarius Smith give us youth along the D-Line as Justin and Ray get up there in age.
    • Some think we drafted him a little high, but Kicker Blake McNulty fills a position of need and we got the best player in the draft at the position.
    • We've been looking for an eventual replacement for Gore as he started to talk retirement, and hope either Hennings or Shepherd step up to take the #2 spot in the meantime.
    • The CB for Delaware St., Henry, he can be a contributor someday. He's got the athleticism, we just need to work on his technique a bit, but think he has a good chance to make the roster.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Boom29 I wanted that center, Christian Paul. Nice pick up.

6. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Thanks. I partially scouted every single Center in the draft. Seeing that it was my biggest positional need, it was a no-brainer.

7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]
    2015 Seattle Seahawks Draft Class
    1st Round:
    27th pick: HB Marcus Stecko - 76 OVR - 81 speed, 77 agility, 99 acceleration, 75 elusiveness, 81 ball carrier vision, 80 trucking, 86 stiff arm, 93 spin move
    Stecko was projected to be a top 10 pick in this year's draft, but he was passed on because of his slow combine speed, most experts believe. Seattle had to go with BPA here, and they couldn't pass on Stecko. Hillis left the team for more money, so there was a real need at HB to share the load in the power run game with Lynch. Stecko can hit the hole incredibly fast, and showed some flashes of greatness in preseason. Look for him to make his mark this season.
    2nd Round:
    27th pick: CB Pierce Brown - 72 OVR - 77 man coverage, 71 play recognition, 90 press, 72 pursuit, 84 jumping, 87 speed, 89 acceleration
    The Seahawks once again went with BPA with this pick, there was a run on corners in this year's draft, so they were lucky to snag Brown. He will bring a rare physicality to the nickel CB spot, with the ability to press the slot WRs effectively when asked to. He will never start over Sherman or Browner, but he was crafted from the same mold. He snagged two INTs in preseason, and the coaches are expecting him to have a big year in a heavy passing league. He earned the spot over Fletcher and Byron Maxwell.
    32nd pick: DE Andrew Bryant - 62 OVR - 79 pursuit, 65 tackle, 83 block shedding, 84 hit power, 87 speed, 76 strength, 84 acceleration, 80 finesse moves, 77 power moves
    Seattle may have reached here, but the main thing dragging down Bryant's overall is the 10 at awareness. He is a really strong pass rusher, with tackling being the lone attribute he really needs to work on. His speed and block shedding abilities are really impressive. He could be a starter one day, but for now look for him to pressure foe QBs in third down passing situations.
    3rd Round:
    16th pick: QB Wes Crane - 64 OVR - 94 THP, 84 SAC, 72 MAC, 78 DAC, 85 PA
    Watch out Russell Wislon, Crane may just take your job. Seattle wanted another potential starter at QB, and Crane was dead last on their list after other QBs were snatched up quickly. Another rookie with his OVR being dragged down by a piss poor AWR rating, Crane has a rocket arm and some decent attributes. He needs some work on his mid and deep range accuracy, but not much. With a heavy run game, PA is very important, and Wilson rocks a ~50 while Crane has an 85 in this category. He made every throw that was asked off him in preseason. Consider the coaches impressed.
    27th pick: RT Fabian Beatty - 72 OVR - 77 pass block, 76 run block, 82 impact block, 85 strength
    Fabian was purely a need based pick, with previous backup RT Brandon Keith sent to GB in a trade. He has some damn good attributes for a late third rounder, he may even be a starter on some squads in TLY. He will sit behind RT Matt Savage and see some playing time when he gets winded.
    4th Round:
    27th pick: WR Denzel Brown - 72 OVR - 86 catching, 77 CIT, 65 SPC, 83 route running, 84 release, 91 speed, 94 acceleration
    Seattle's draft board was empty by this point, so all CPU picks from here on out. Brown adds some nice depth to the WR position, with decent speed, release, and catching attributes. He had a nice preseason debut, he may see some playing time when the starters get winded and/or injured.
    5th Round:
    27th pick: SS Raymond Jeleric - 58 OVR - 69 ZCV, 72 press, 77 tackle, 90 hit power, 91 speed, 87 acceleration, 85 agility​
    Jeleric may have just found himself a spot on the roster with his outstanding preseason performance. He snagged an INT and was all over the field, he also brings the wood on big hits on special teams, just the type of player Seattle is looking for on special teams. Nice pick by the CPU.​
    6th Round:
    27th pick: ROLB Dontae Palmer - 69 OVR - 62 ZCV, 89 pursuit, 72 tackle, 73 hit power, 86 speed, 83 strength, 87 acceleration, 88 agility
    Not bad at all for such a late round pick, Palmer will be excellent as a backup and on special teams. He is quick and agile, with the ability to wrap up on tackles and lay the lumber. He is a keeper.
    7th Round:
    27th pick: TE C.T. Dotson - 70 OVR - 88 speed, 84 agility, 86 acceleration, 85 catching, 78 CIT, 76 spectacular catch, 78 trucking, 94 jumping, 68 run block
    What a steal Dotson was to be snagged in the very last round, he is a quick and big target with excellent catching attributes. He may replace an aging Kellen Winslow, he is faster and stronger, and could be an excellent run blocker with a little work. The coaching staff is simply thrilled they got such a quality player so late.
    Overall Draft Grade: B-
    Seattle had zero glaring needs coming into this draft, and a lot of their targets were snatched up just a few picks ahead of them. They got depth at a lot of positions, and maybe a few starters in the making. It wasn't a bad haul for Coach Fuzzy's second draft with the Seahawks. Fans hope they can make it further than the divisional round this year.

8. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

fuzzyl0gic

Crane has 94 THP? I scouted all the QBs and only Meyers, Litton, and Rechsteiner had A THP...odd.

9. fuzzyl0gic

Indeed, he was the last QB on my draft board so I didn't have him fully scouted, but I lucked out:

[​IMG]

10. dakota7

I wonder what 23 awareness is like? How does that translate to real life? "Shit, its the end of the first quarter already? When did we kickoff?"

• Like Like x 1
  11. dakota7

Green Bay Packers 2014 Draft Review
    2nd Round 40th overall -- LT Bradford Smith 6'7 320 Duke
    Big kid who was largely overlooked, projected by Mel Kiper to not go until the 5th round. The Packer scouting staff had him evaluated correctly, however, as he came into camp rated 81 overall with 86 pbk, 84 rbk and 81ibk. He also has Quick development, so expect him to see time right away.

2nd Round 49th overall -- LG Kyle Gillum 6'6 316 Alabama
    This kid is disappointing, because again the Packer scouts had a low projection rated highly. Unfortunately, he came in at only a 55 overall. Gillum is largely underrated because of his 10 awareness. He does have some nice skills to build on, with 84 rbk, 75 pbk, 85 ibk and 93 str.

5th round -- RT Najee King 6'7 338 St. Paul's
    Big kid with some nice run blocking skills, came in at 62 overall. Needs work in pass protection. 69 pbk, 83 rbk, 90 ibk, 93 str.

6th round -- ROLB Demetrius McOwen 6'4 250 Harvard
    Not a position of need, but McOwen has some skills as a pass rusher. Only 61 overall, with 85 str, 85 acc, 85 fmv and 88 pur.

7th round -- MLB Pierre Miller 6'3 255 Alabama
    Great size and acceleration, Miller has a shot to make the team. Rated 64 overall, has 90 accel, 80 hit power, 77 tackle and 82 agility.

The Packers also used their other draft picks to acquire a number of veterans, including.

HB James Stewart 82 overall
    RT Brandon Keith 80 overall
    LE Maurice Miller 80 overall
    SS Jalen Washington 76 overall

12. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

[​IMG]

Round Pick Position Name College Height & Weight OVR Grade Comments
    1 8 CB Shakir Jones LSU 6'0", 202 lbs 82 A Big, physical corner with elite speed and technique
    1 17 WR Gregorio Mucci North Carolina 6'2", 208 lbs 79 B+ Former soccer player, elite ACC, AGI, and CTH.
    3 8 RB Miles Barton Westminster 5'10", 182 lbs 76 A- Reggie Bush-lite. Unbelievable agility and 79 CTH
    4 8 DE Christian Walker Toledo 6'3", 255 lbs 79 B Depth draft as he wont see much time behind Greg Hardy and Charles Johnson
    5 8 OLB Brennan Gwin Syracuse 6'2", 240 lbs 73 C+ Another depth draft, great athlete (82 spd. 90 ACC, 82 AGI) but poor tackler (67)
    6 8 DE Alfy Brown Cincinatti 6'4", 276 lbs 73 C+ Depth/athlete player with 85 SPD, but raw pass rushing skills
    7 8 FS Jatashun Fite Nevada 6'1", 210 lbs 66 C- Fast (92) physical player with great size, but very poor coverage skills. With the signing of Husain Abdullah (80 OVR FS) will have trouble making the team.

Coach Blazas Draft Analysis

Coach Blaza and the Panther staff made a power move with dakota7 and the Packers, trading RB Jonathan Stewart AND their 2nd round pick to the Pack in exchange for GB's 1st round pick. Our targets were CB, WR, RB replacement in that order, and we used to remaining picks to fill out depth.
    • Extremely happy with teh Shakir Jones pick at 8. Touted as next in the line of the great Corners of LSU, Jones is a very polished Defensive Back (88 MCV, 85 ZCV) who uses his elite size and speed (97 SPD) to shut down one side of the field. Jones has been flashing his slick footwork throughout preseason camop.
    • With the added 1st rounder, CAR was looking to add a WR. The staff was really, really hoping that WR Brandon Brooks fell to them at 16, but bjbdahitman and the Browns broke their hearts, snagging him at 15. Instead, the Panthers took the next best WR on their board, Gregorio Mucci. Mucci--recruited to UNC as a striker on the soccer team, Mucci came out for the football team as a sophomore and did nothing but dominate. With 88 SPD, 98 AGI, 99 ACC, 86 CTH, and 86 CIT, Mucci gets in and out of his breaks in a hurry and is a sure hand once the ball gets there. Mucci will also feature on returns with an 89 RET rating. Mucci had a great preseason game vs the Redskins, playing extended minutes and catching 10 balls for 139 yards and a score. Look for him to start opposite last year's #1 Tyler Prendergast and pop up in the slot as well.
    • Possibly our favorite pick in the draft from a storyline perspective is 5'10 183 lbs Miles Barton out of Westminster. The D-2 all-time leader in yards from line of scrimmage, Barton is a straightup matchup nightmare. With 92 SPD and 98 AGI, Barton uses his quicks to dart in and out of holes. But his major asset are his hands (79 CTH 75 CIT). Barton's skill-set will be a major asset this season as Carolina looks to show more spread looks this season. Barton had a monster pre-season game as well rushing 8 times for 76 yards and catching 4 balls for 43 yards.

• Like Like x 1
  13. fuzzyl0gic

I put little stock in it, especially if I'm controlling the player. Leading a team to the playoffs with a 64 OVR QB would be epic.

14. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Thanks dick for taking Barton just ahead me. :)

I see you trying to be like N.O. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

James Stewart? Did you mean Jonathan Stewart? ;)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  16. dakota7

Oh yeah....that guy.

Not this guy....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blaza

After Darren Sproles gashed me with screens and tosses, I figured I'd get a little mini-firepower of my own! Oh, and please refer to him as "Lil Reggie Bush" Thanks! :D

18. fuzzyl0gic

I am most jealous of your draft class so far. I was hoping by some stroke of luck Shakir would fall me to in the first, and I really wish I would have grabbed Mucci in the first.

19. Blaza

In hindsight, I'm kind of wishing I wouldve taken WR Brooks at 8, just because he's SUCH an explosive athlete (98 SPD, 97 ACC/AGI). But the CB was a huge need for us and I thought there was a big dropoff after Shakir Jones, so I didnt want to risk it. And Mucci has been just a stud in camp. Big body and he catches everything. He isnt quite a burner, but his ACC/AGI/RTE really show up on the field. Should be a nice foil to the physical freak that is WR Tyler Prendergast. Look for CAR to air it out a little more this season.

20. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

2014 Rookie Draft

Traded 1st & 3rd pick to the Eagles to acquire Jeremy Maclin (88)

2nd pick: CB Adrian Abraham (71): After the surprising but welcomed retirement of Quantin Jammer (Jammer digressed from 89 speed to 86 last season...) The bolts were targeting some pretty promising young talent at CB in the second round. However....All the top priority guys on the draft board had been taken and the Chargers panicked and drafted a guy they weren't too sure about.... He has balanced ball coverage skills but he's kind of a slacker (no high motor). He's got decent speed (90), Acc (89), and man coverage (83), but he has to work on his zone coverage (69) and tackling (45). We have high hopes for this youngster and he will be battling for the 4th sting Dime DB against S. Wright in the pre-season. Update: after a solid pre-season showing Abraham has in fact won the stating job. 2nd Update: after a few big CB FA's were signed to the Bolts 2nd pick Adrian Abraham now sits at the bottom of the depth chart....

4th pick: MLB Robert Manning (73): We needed a solid DT but the guy we were targeting would likely drop to the 5th round so we took a gamble and went with our gut and picked a promising young MLB to back-up Donald Butler. Butler went down mid-season last year and was out 8 weeks....Good think we had veteran Takeo Spikes to fill in for us when Butler was gone but he has soon retired so we wanted to get a guy with high potential and room to grow in our system by coming off the bench. Manning has good tackling ability (83), hit power (86) and speed (80) and will fill in nicely when Butler needs a breather.

5th pick: DT Ciante Cooper (74): It was nice to see the DT we targeted still available in the 5th round. Cooper will come off the bench well to stop the run but won't be much of a pass rusher. He's a big strong kid but his lack of block shedding and power moves gives him less upside than we expected. Update: FA aquisitions made Cooper expendable....Cut!

6th pick: RT Naquan Thomas (55): Quick (61 speed) (67 accel), great pass blocking (87), decent run and ILB (74, 73), but this guy just didn't have the playing experience in college and only has a 26 awareness....

7th pick: DT Garret Hagood (61): He doesn't fit our run stopping scheme but he will be a good change of pace guy since his pass rushing abilities outweigh other DT on our roster. Update: see 5th round pick cut....If Cooper was expendable then whats that make Hagood??? Cut!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  21. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

The Saint's draft was just OK. After the top 3 QBs and 3 other studs we targeted were gone at #17, we called on Leadbetter's name to guide us. Our future QB threw 6 picks in the opening pre-season game against the Bears... funny thing is we still won. He is 74 ovr, with a really good arm and an accurate deep ball.

After that we got a Center in the 2nd round. He turned out to be a 70 overall:( but decent progression. I was debating between him and HB Miles Barton, as Sproles is in the final year of his contract and would have fit perfectly.

3rd Round we took BPA... OLB

4th Round we took BPA @WR

5th Round we took BPA @TE

6th Round we took BPA @ FS

7th Round can't recall

Might be another long Season in the Big Easy with #8 starting over Whitehurts. Hoping this kid progresses well.

22. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Detroit Lions 2014 Draft Results
    1st Round
    [​IMG] Aaron Gadell CB Michigan B-
    Gadell fell in the first round and the Lions felt they "had" to grab him for secondary depth. Has great zone coverage skills and football IQ but needs more speed and polishing before being an every down corner. Expect the Lions to use him in Nickle and Dime formations.
    2nd Round
    [​IMG]Jayrone Harris HB Michigan A-
    The Lions scored with their second round pick addressing their anemic rushing game last season by grabbing this every down back. Doesn't have blazing speed but runs hard and can break big runs. Expect him to start.
    3rd Round
    [​IMG]Verley Rodgers RG Arkansas C+
    Lions used their third round pick by addressing offensive line depth with a solid back-up to Peterman in the RG positions. Still lacks the abilty and NFL knowledge to play every down but should be a nice filler if injury bug hits or for an aging Peterman.
    4th Round
    [​IMG]Joanthan Jones ROLB UL Lafayette C
    Solid LB who has great football fundamentals but still needs polishing and coverage skills. Will back-up FA acquisition Nick Barnett and if Barnett cannot stay healthy, should be a suitable back-up.
    5th Round
    [​IMG]Aaron Patterson LT Arkansas C-
    With the 5th pick, the Lions used another late round draft to address aging offensive line with Patterson. Has the skills to play the position but expect him to learn the position for an TEother season before getting playing time.
    6th Round
    [​IMG]Jordan Gentry TE Wyoming F
    The Lions were hoping to find a diamond in the rough with this selection but what that really found was a turd. Can't even block or catch, expect him to be cut after FA opens.
    7th Round Pick was cut because he had a vagina and Coach Westcott felt it would be bad for team moral if shim was in the locker room.
    Overall Draft Grade: C
    The Lions addressed the RB issue but still have some question marks. They defiantly need better play by the offensive line to make the next step and re-sign Suh and Stafford.

• Like Like x 2
  23. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Vikings 2014 Draft Class
    Round 1 (30): CB Keilan Woods 5'11" 205 lbs Oregon State 82 OVR - Minnesota cut ties with long-time (37-yr old) Viking Antoine Winfield who had clearly lost a step in the off-season (speed dropped to a 79), and had plans to draft a CB from the onset. However, their top 3 choices were all taken prior to their pick at #30 (including Holloway being taken at pick #29), so they decided to take a gamble and reach for a CB slated to be drafted in the 5th round. To their surprise, Woods came in with great attributes as a rookie and will start opposite Chris Cook for the purple this season. 83 MCV, 82 PRS, 85 PRC, 84 PUR, & 80 AWR to go along with a 93 & 91 in SPD & ACC. He needs to work on his zone coverage skills at the NFL level, but will progress nicely with Superstar progression (a huge bonus, and was not expected!)​
    Round 2 (62): WR Brandon Heimuli 6'4" 236 lbs Michigan 75 OVR - The Vikings struggled in the passing game last season, and needed a red zone threat. That's exactly what they got in the WR out of Michigan. Great hands (87 CTH, 86 CIT, 87 SPC) to go along with a 94 in release & 98 in JMP; decent speed (89) and extremely durable (99 in INJ). The Vikings finally have a threat in the #2 WR slot opposite Percy Harvin, which is where Heimuli will be sitting on the depth chart come opening day.​
    Round 3 (94): HB Marcus Ilory 5'10" 195 lbs Boston College 66 OVR - The Vikings went into the draft hoping to find a running back that could play a more active role in the passing game, one that could hopefully spell AP on occasion after a year in which he carried the ball close to 400 times. Ilory was explosive in their first preseason game, which included a 48-yard run as well as an 11-yard catch. He's not the quickest running back, but has great speed and agility in the open field (95 SPD; 96 AGI; 93 ELU). He catches well for a running back (72 CTH, 71 CIT, 75 SPC) and provides QB Tony Romo with another weapon on 3rd and long situations.​
    Round 4: TRADED TO DALLAS FOR QB TONY ROMO IN 2013
    Round 5 (158): TE Chuck Weatherford 6'5" 259 lbs Knoxville College 59 OVR - It's no secret by now that Coach Simmons likes to run 3 TE sets, and Chuck should fill in nicely as their third TE option in 2014. A low AWR brings down his overall, but he's very quick for a TE (86 SPD, 86 ACC) and has decent hands (82 CTH, 78 CIT). He'll be asked to block for AP as well, and a 69 IBL will help as he tries to seal the edge for AP on toss and stretch plays.​
    Round 6 (190): LG Corey Dallas 6'6" 313 lbs LA Tech 73 OVR - A nice pick-up for the Vikings in this late round. Dallas makes for a solid backup at their weakest OL position. Not much of a pass blocker, but 84 RBK, 88 IBL & 93 STR is impressive for a lineman picked this late in the draft. If given the opportunity, he could potentially develop into a starter in the league. In Minnesota though, he may not get that chance.​
    Overall Draft Grade: B+
    After a horrible draft in year 1 (only 1 player from that draft is starting for the team in 2014), Coach Simmons and his staff did a fantastic job in year 2 filling needs in the draft. They were able to snag a superstar-progression CB to fill the void left by the departure of Winfield, finally got Romo some weapons in the passing game in Heimuli & Ilory, and added some much-needed depth at other key positions. The Vikings are primed to make another run at the Super Bowl in 2014...​

• Like Like x 1
  24. brizz98

brizz98 Walk On

Tennessee builds defense in 2014 Draft

1st round Pick, 18 overall: LOLB, 3/4 Pass Rusher- TeQuan Taylor: HT 6'4", WT 252, College: Georgia
    Stats: 83 overall- SPD 86, ACC 91, AGI 87, STR 70, TAK 68, POW 87, PUR 89, PMV 86, FMV 87, BSH 83, PRC 73, AWR 85
    Coach Brown seen nothing but potential with this big physical outside linebacker. Although the team is deep in pass Rushers it has been rumored that Taylor will play Middle linebacker until Kamerion Wimbley is traded.

2nd Round Pick, 18th: MLB, Run Stopper- Albert Shears: HT 6'3", WT 245, College: San Jose St.
    Stats: 79 overall- SPD 79, ACC 79, AGI 87, STR 80, TAK 82, POW 77, PUR 80, PRC 76, AWR 85, FMV 70, ZCV 75
    This kid is coming off the bench and could potentially be a starter if Wimbley is traded. The Titans cut veteran MLB/OLB Will Witherspoon to give this kid playing time. He is big, physical and decent at blizing. Perfect fit for a 3/4 scheme.

2nd Round Pick, 25th: SS, Playmaker- D.J. Kelly: HT 6'2", WT 192, College: Michigan St.
    Stats: 78 overall- SPD 93, ACC 88, AGI 89, STR 60, TAK 56, POW 88, PUR 72, MCV 48, ZCV 74, JMP 90, CTH 61, PRC 79, AWR 71
    Coach Brown shortly after drafting this kid called veteran SS- Jordan Babineaux. He told Babineaux sorry but we have to cut you. This move let Kelly know the pressure will now be on him to take the starting job.

3rd Round Pick, 18th: WR- Poppy Richardson- 72 overall

The rest of my players are on my Team Management page.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Craig Brown

Craig Brown Walk On

brizz98 If I wouldn't have freaked out I would have taken taylor, great pick cuz

• Like Like x 1