2014 Offseason Position Battles

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by GoGators, Oct 23, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Geez, JR makes it to the BCS game and he forgets about his yearly thread.

Mizzou

QB - 2x heisman winner Tyler Gabbert
    The battle will be at backup w/redshirt freshman Bill Hill and incoming freshman Leon Powell.

HB - Robert Harrell and Nigel Hayes will battle it out here. It's likely they'll be 1a and 1b as we'll find playing time for them both.

WR - All 4 starters return so it should look the same last last season.

TE - Nick Brown is our only returning TE, he'll be pushed by incoming hybrid recruits Derek Matthews and Martin Whitaker for the starting spot.

LE - Dustin Neal will be a 4 year starter most likely. That position is locked down.

RE - Daniel Lowe will also be a 4 year starter.

DT - Gotta get better here. This was our weakest position last season. Davis and Jefferson will compete with Elliott and incoming freshman Kevin Peters.

LBs - Impact player Brad Harrison is graduating so that opens up a spot. Deonne Graham will get pushed in the middle by sophomores Schmidt and Archie. It's likely that these three and Tommie Sanders will occupy the starting spots.

CBs - McBride will move up from #2 to #1 CB. The #2 spot will be battled for by Mark Hurst and Antoine Hudson. The other spots are wide open and there's a large crop of DBs coming in with this recruiting class.

FS - No idea. #1 and 2 are graduating and we were unsuccessful in recruiting a starter. SS Justin Hawkins or backup James Wesley will likely move over unless one of the incoming freshmen are a big surprise.

SS - Hawkins should stay, but if we need him at FS, Wesley will likely start here.

2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

lol i totally forgot this........

qb --i have no idea yet.... sullivan, tucker are the frontrunners a freshman could come in and steal it from them though...
    hb -- ware is back..... and alex jackson is the change of pace back
    wr--larsen, christebsen and mcdaniel will all split reps at each position with gray at the 4th wrt spot
    te -- crowder and palmer split again......

not sure what im gonna do on my o-line with thompson and ostrander

dl - ray smith is back, stanford is back,the last de spot is probably gonna go to
    corey sanders

lb - adams armstrong and hamilton are back true freshman landry could step in and start...

cb -- my true fresh$an jones will start at one spot........the other spot is really up fopr grans between young , my incoming freshman wright and pennington
    my safeties are both returning

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Duke

After getting cleaned out by transfers...

QB - Brandon Connette will start. He played well filling in last year when Schroeder went down.
    HB - Buster Smith (RS FR) is the only one left on my roster, but two freshman are signed...including Christian Ricks, who may start.
    FB - B.J. Myrick finally gets his chance to start
    WR - Josh Washington is gone, but there are a couple of decent recievers lurking here. I am kind of excited about incoming JUCO Mickey Smith, who is slow but has all the other tools to really be fantastic.
    TE - Michael Sparks will start again, with Brandon Braxton used in two tight end sets.
    OL - Who knows, it will have to wait until spring practice.
    DE - We will finally get some size here...unless some DT move over, then we will get a ton of size here. Not exactly sure who though.
    DT - I would like to see monster sized Chris Gunn (6'7" 321) get better and start, but he has some work to do.
    OLB - Luis Jackson and Kelby Brown
    MLB - Returning Erik Butler and Ray Fellows

My whole secondary is up for grabs.

Special Teams are the same.

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

HB - Jerry Bryant and Traylon Shead will most likely be splitting carries.

ROLB - There is a nice little battle between TJ Capps and Tevin Jackson

CB - Holy shit, I need help here.

FS - Big battle between Jason Brown and Alex Lee. Whoever doesn't start at FS will probably play nickel CB.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Virginia

QB - Position will be taken over by Ohio State transfer Taylor Graham.. Senior Jeremy Alvarez will backup

HB - RS Soph Blake Matthews beat out speedster Jeff Webb and Ga Tech transfer Deon Hill for the starting spot, but coaches said Webb and Hill will see the field often.Matthews showed much promise in backing up last years starter Dominique Williams.

WR - 3 72 overall juniors will compete for spots, with with Wesley Battle and Greg Williams being the initial starters. Perry Grant is the third of the bunch, and will get his opportunites.

C - Incoming freshman Brandon Taylor should be a four year starter.

DT - Senior transfer Brandon Ivory and junior Avery Leak will take over after both starters graduated.

FS - Junior SS Eric Huff will slide over to the FS spot. Huff's hard hitting ability and size will bring a nice presence in the defensive backfield.

SS - Backup SS Cody Ryan will move up to starter with Huff's move to FS. GA Tech transfer Taylor Jefferson will sit this year due to NCAA transfer rules, but should take this spot over next year as a senior.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Taylor Graham is a beast on the game.

7. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I have position battles at QB, RB, CB, OLB and DE.

One place with no position battles is my DL. It is a great DL, with fantastic depth. If Im going to win games this year, it is going to be on the back of my DL. My starting DT's and starting DE's are 4 of the top 7 rated players on my team. So yeah, its a good DL.

8. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I have 2 74 rated QBs. One has some speed and 78 pwr 81 accuracy, the other is slower and more aware, with 96 pwr and 68 accuracy... I will start the more accurate one for now, the footspeed really put him over the edge on the other guy for now...

At WR I have an 86 2 79s and 2 75s. The younger more sure handed 79 will get the 2nd spot start and the senior will be the slot guy.

I also have 2 74 RGs, am going to start the younger guy.

9. JrRawlins

68 accuracy will come back to bit you in the ass on a road game...

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Got high hopes for him this season.

11. JrRawlins

I should have just started the freshman from the fuckin beginning, Tucker sucks.. cant throw and is simply an athlete playing QB.... Sullivan is a fuckin bumm who cant hit the broadside of a barn from 8 feet away with no pressure on him, fuckin peasant, he doesnt deserve to wear a Kansas State uniform and I might fuckin cut him out of sheer spite at the end of the season.... think i am somewhat pissed at him right now?