2014 Postseason : Conference Finals

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Psycho, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

2014 Postseason : Conference Finals

AFC
    Indianapolis 34 @ New England 31

NFC
    Carolina 41 @ Washington 0

About the Matchups:
    Second year in a row that both games will feature these four teams, Colts embarrassed the Patriots last year and will probably do so again this year on their way to their third straight Super Bowl... bILL's 0-2 in the big game.

For the NFC, last years Championship game Carolina showed that you can actually lose a 21-3 halftime lead if you really want to. However not to be out done by the Panthers lack of lead control, the Redskins earlier this year in the regular season were up 27-7 going into the fourth quarter to the Panthers... final score Carolina 28, Washington 27. So my prediction for the NFC... whomever is leading at halftime, will lose this game.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Glad to see you guys are still chuggin along.

I'll take the Colts and the Panthers.

Colts over Panthers in the SB.

3. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I've got Redskins over Panthers because if they win it makes my victory over them look better. Colts over Pats because they have Manning and he eventually will win and then win more than one SB.

Not really sure on that because I think Manning has a problem when in comes to winning a big one on any stage. But with Bill coaching its a south victory in the AFC Championship.

4. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

D,

I'll be on tonight then out of town tomorrow night, so if y7ou've got time to get it in that would be great, if not I'll see you sometime during the weekend.

5. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Colts beat the Pats 34-31 on a 42 yard FG as time expired. It was a terrible game for the defense but the offense kept on coming back.

6. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Carolina 41
    Washington 0

So being out of town most if the week, the hiccup with EA Servers on Wednesday, this game took forever to get in... and I'm sure D wishes we would have waited forever plus one more day.

Washington came out trying to pass the ball and show the Panthers that Carolina wasn't the only ones that were willing to put the ball up... unfortunately for the Redskins back up QB, this seemed to be to much to ask of him. The inaccuracy of the QB, followed by a bad hands performance by the receivers, made Washington about as dangerous as a bucket full of snails.

The final insult to injury came early in the third, with Carolina up 24-0. Julius Peppers dropping back into coverage, makes a beautiful over the shoulder catch and returns it 50 yards for the TD... yes sir boys and girls when your receivers can't catch the ball and the opposing defense's DE picks one off and takes it back, it's time to mail it in because it's just not your day.

Carolina wins it's second NFC Championship in three years, pitches a shut out in the NFC Championship for the second time in three years, and will face the Colts in the Super Bowl, for the second time in three years.