2014 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Feb 25, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Just thought I would do one of these this season. I hope to spruce this up a bit when get home with logo's and what not. These are Preseason Power Rankings...just one man's opinion here. Feel free to discuss.

1. Texas (Bye Week) - 2 Time Defending National Champs, nothing more needs to be said.
    2. Ohio State (Bye Week) - Big 10 power who once again dodges Wisconsin in conference.
    3. Wisconsin (@ #7 Tennessee) - See above
    4. Oklahoma (Bye Week) - Only thing stopping OU is Texas.
    5. Oregon (@ Fresno State) - Could of, should of, didnt happen for them last year. Could this be there year?
    6. UCLA (@ #2 LSU) - 2 Time Defending Pac 10 Champs...whether you like it or not!
    7. Arizona (vs #13 Notre Dame) - Been my sleeper pic to win the Pac 10 for the past few seasons...time for them to wake up!
    8. Iowa (Bye Week) - Needs a lesson or 2 in recruiting but still a top 20 team.
    9. Oregon State (@ #10 Florida) - The greatest Beaver team yet...according to their coach!
    10. Missouri (@ South Carolina) - Alone in the North gets them a conference title shot but can they shake how last season ended for them?
    11. Texas A&M (Bye Week) - Coach Jayrah needs to figure out a way to take down Texas. The folks at College Station are getting restless.
    12. Illinois (Bye Week) - They are getting there but still need to figure out how to slow down the opponents offense from time to time.

2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

What Recchem REALLY means in regards to Illinois:

12. Illinois (Bye Week) - First team to 40 wins.... and Illinois' offense doesn't always put up that many points.

3. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

We are movers and shakers...[​IMG]

Great Idea Rec! I like it.

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

You can now move Oregon State down to 12, with no Mannion wins will be hard to come by.

5. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

The Badgers need to get over the Texas/Ohio St bump to be #1.

6. Cheez

hoping for week 2 rankings.... then during week three im hoping that illinois moves out of the cellar

7. MexiRican35

You might get that wish with A&M blowing that huge lead and you beating byu.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I will be updating these after we advance to week 3. Too many bye's to really do anything with them for now.

9. Cheez

Fair enough.

Very intrigued to see if the Illini move up.... especially given that they are now ranked for the first time under Coach Cheez (#25)

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I lied, im going to update them when we advance tonight to week 4. I'll bring my laptop home with me so I have no excuse! Sorry, its the busy season at work for me.

11. Cheez

do you want me to take these over? It wont be any extra hassle on me.

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Not if you are going to have Illinois #1 every week [​IMG]

13. Cheez

.... damn ;) haha. What about #2?

naw, i'll be a good little soldier and keep us at or near the bottom throughout most of the remainder of the dynasty.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

If you want to take it and run with it, go for it. I know I wont be able to update it every week. My work schedule the next few months is going to be rough. I was actually going to post something about that to everyone. I'll be able to get my games in and all but just wanted to let you guys know why I get silent if I do around here.

15. Cheez

Yeah, I'll take it. Give yourself a break.

I will say that I am downright awful with graphics and those sorts of things, so if anyone is willing to do that - I would be much obliged.

16. Cheez

Week 3 Power Rankings

1. #2 Texas: 1-0 (vs. Arizona) - Texas will remain here until they're dethroned. Maybe it happens this week with Coach JFace coming to town?
    2. #1 Ohio State: 0-0 (at Alabama) - Ohio State FINALLY gets underway, and it's not an easy start for Coach Boda's Bucks.
    3. #6 Wisconsin: 2-0 (Bye Week) - Great start for Coach Mexi's Badgers. Now we wait to see if they can finally hold on to an undefeated record and maybe set up an all Big Ten BCS Title game.
    4. #5 Oklahoma: 1-0 (Bye Week) - Squeaked one out at Miami, but a win is a win.
    5. #12 Arizona: 2-0 (at Texas) - Coach JFace's Cats are looking strong again this year, but the Pac 10 season is always a dogfight.
    6. #11 Oregon: 1-1 (vs. Washington State) - Tough loss for Oregon up in Madison, and it's really hard to punish this team too harshly given their talent.
    7. #20 UCLA: 1-1 (Bye Week) - Great come from behind win over Texas A&M. This team showed a lot of heart and can be expected to rebound from an early loss to LSU. They may even host the Rose Bowl for a 3rd season in a row
    8. #17 Missouri: 1-0 (vs. Oregon State) - Locks to win the Big XII North again, but they cannot afford to look ahead of Oregon State
    9. #25 Illinois: 1-0 (Bye Week) - Illinois is ranked in the coaches' poll for the first time since 2008. Congrats, Illini!
    10. #18 Iowa: 0-1 (at Iowa State) - Couldn't be much worse of a start for the Hawkeyes, but they can get a little revenge against their in-state rival
    11. Oregon State: 0-1 (at Missouri) - Without Mannion at the helm, this might be a long season for the Beavers.
    12. Texas A&M: 0-1 (vs. Arkansas) - Some really bad voodoo in that fourth quarter against UCLA. They need to right the ship against Arkansas in the worst way.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

@Cheez

I wish I was 2-0 but I lost in week 1 @ LSU...but I like where you put me!

18. Cheez

Lol... this isn't like the LoC. If I make a mistake, it gets changed.

Dont worry, I'll be gentle.

19. MexiRican35

I think it's funny he has A&M at 12.

20. Cheez

They were 11, and lost (a game they had wrapped up as well)

Illinois beat a ranked BYU squad.

This has nothing to do with the feud between Coach Jayrah and myself.

21. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Can't have me there anymore! After a squashing of Arkansas, and a rally to beat #8 WVU after giving up a 17-0 lead, there is much to debate about a last place ranking in the league. Also, A&M has arguably the best all around RB in the big 12, as Jones returns kicks as well, and has gone over 200 multipurpose yards twice this season. The Beavs must drop below, without their starting qb.

22. Cheez

The next rankings I will post (in about 1 hour) will reflect scenarios heading in to Week 4 - therefore, your game vs. WVU wont be included (yet)

I'm not saying where you're going to be after your win vs. Arkansas, because quite frankly I havent looked at things since around 2am this morning.

23. Cheez

WEEK 4 POWER RANKINGS

1. #2 Texas: 2-0 (BYE Week) - Shaky start for the horns, but a dominating 3rd quarter kept them undefeated
    2. #1 Ohio State: 1-0 (vs. Notre Dame) - It took a couple weeks, but the Killer Nuts are rollin.... all over the Crimson Tide
    3. #4 Wisconsin: 2-0 (at #3 Oklahoma) - This week has arguably the biggest game of Wisconsin's season - since the Buckeyes aren't on the schedule.
    4. #3 Oklahoma: 1-0 (vs. #4 Wisconsin) - One of the biggest OOC Matchups of the year. Lot of conference pride on the line. The Big XII needs this win.
    5. #10 Oregon: 2-1 (vs. Arizona State) - The Ducks are back on the right track. They can't overlook ASU now though, despite having UCLA up next.
    6. #18 UCLA: 1-1 (at #23 Oregon State) - A budding rivalry meets again. UCLA can't assume that because OSU is without Mannion they will roll over, otherwise they might get bitten
    7. #16 Arizona: 2-1 (BYE Week) - Great first half last week for the 'Cats, against the Horns - but they need to play a full game in order to win. That's a lesson they hopefully will have learned heading into Pac 10 play.
    8. #25 Illinois: 1-0 (at Pittsburgh) - Illinois has had the benefit of watching teams fall in front of them while they sat on byes. They can't do that anymore with revenge minded Pittsburgh coming into town. Maybe 56 points was a bad idea last year?
    9. #15 Iowa: 1-1 (vs. #24 Missouri) - Nothing like beating up on a rival to get the winning ways started. Can they keep their mojo going against another Big XII Foe?
    10. #23 Oregon State: 1-1 (vs. #18 UCLA) - Maybe all is good in Corvalis... after firing their OC and losing their QB for most of the season, they are still able to get a big win on the road.
    11. #24 Missouri: 1-1 (at #15 Iowa) - Missouri needed to take advantage of a wounded Oregon State team at home, and couldn't do it. Now they travel to Iowa, who's out for Big XII Blood after their win vs. Iowa State.
    12. Texas A&M: 1-1 (at #8 West Virginia) - If A&M keeps playing like they did vs. Arkansas, I can assure you that their stay in the cellar won't be long. West Virginia - WATCH OUT!

24. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

After that Arkansas game, last was still the most logical place. Oregon State can make it easy and lose to the Bruins, putting them in last place. And/or Mizzou can slip again. Be surprised if the Aggies aren't ranked in the next 2 weeks with a dominating running game. :)

25. Cheez

I can't predict the future, but I dont see any way possible that A&M is in last next week.

Unless the poll has a bias against "magic" ;) haha