***2014 Preseason Week 1 is Open! Deadline Monday 11/4/13 @ Midnight EST***

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LtJustice, Nov 4, 2013.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Congratulations on a great 1st off-season, and thank you all for your help and participation!

The franchise has been advanced and the 2014 Preseason week 1 is now open. Playing your preseason game is allowed, but not required. You may begin signing free agents (first come, first served) and making roster cuts to get begin shaping your regular season roster. The deadline for preseason week 1 is Monday 11/4/13 @ Midnight EST.

I have made a slight tweak to the Off-Season schedule, and we will advance to preseason week 3 (rather than week 4) on the next advance. The reason for this, is we have a couple of teams interested in relocation, and if they are approved, they will need to begin the process in preseason week 3.

Up to Date Off-Season Schedule:

2013 Off-Season

Off-Season Resignings: COMPLETE

Free Agency (Phase 1): COMPLETE

Free Agency (Phase 2): COMPLETE

Free Agency (Phase 3): COMPLETE

Final Scouting: COMPLETE

2014 Rookie Draft: COMPLETE

2014 Season

2014 Preseason Week 1 Deadline: MIDNIGHT EST (Monday 11/4/13)

2014 Preseason Week 3 Deadline: MIDNIGHT EST (Tuesday 11/5/13)

2014 Regular Season Week 4 Deadline: MIDNIGHT (Wednesday 11/6/13)

2014 Regular Season Week 8 Deadline: MIDNIGHT (Thursday 11/7/13)

SIM REST OF 2014 SEASON THROUGH SUPER BOWL

2014 Off-Season

Off-Season Resignings: Deadline 10PM (Friday 10/8/13)

Free Agency (Phase 1): 10PM EST (Friday 10/8/13) -TO- 6PM EST (Saturday 11/9/13)

Free Agency (Phase 2): 6PM EST -TO- 11PM EST (Saturday 11/9/13)

Free Agency (Phase 3): 11PM EST (Saturday 11/9/13) -TO- 5PM EST (Sunday 11/10/13)

Final Scouting: 5PM EST -TO- 7:30PM EST (Sunday 11/10/13)

2015 Rookie Draft: 8PM EST (Sunday 11/10/13)

2015 Pre-Season

2015 Preseason (SIM) + Roster Cuts + Off-Season Trade Deadline (Monday 11/11/13)

2015 Regular Season Opens! (Tuesday 11/12/13)

Aaron (Hulk_hagen_55 )
    Alex (Ninersfan80)
    Avery (AveryB)
    Carl T. (CTfromDC)
    Chris (CSteud)
    Curtis (thafuture3886)
    Danny (DJDunn6)
    Dave (saintsdave75)
    Doug (CHUNKNESS)
    Eddie (pittrocks43)
    Eric (Easy Dez It)
    Grey (LLCoolGrey)
    Heath (heathh)
    James M. (cry_havoc)
    James Y. (Phenom)
    Jeremy (Jeremy)
    Jim (LtJustice)
    Jon (Warhawk AKA dreadman)
    Josh (Josh Barnes)
    Juan V. (Juan Valencia)
    Kris (Coach KO)
    Lawon (MrWitness36)
    Loren (ThaBayouChef)
    Michael C. (KNICKSFAN_84)
    Michael O. (Michael Overman)
    Mike A. (Miki1369)
    Moe (CaptMoe)
    Pope (dablakpope)
    Rob (PepperNY)
    T.J. (klaximilian)
    Troy (redlishus)
    Vin (VinfortheWin)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Houston i have a problem... I cant sign anyone cuz my owner funds are at -16.2M due to the signing of the rookies. Right now i have 43 guys on my roster and fortunately i have starters at every position.

Now, does anyone know when i would be able to sign players to fill out my roster? Is there a way to sign players once the pre-season is over?

Please advise..

LtJustice
    CHUNKNESS
    Michael Overman

3. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

ouch...

• Like Like x 1
  4. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Geez...I thought I was in bad shape. Lol

5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

What is your cap space? That should dictate whether or not you can sign any free agents because they are signed w/out any bonus on the contract.

6. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

This is what I was wondering as well^

Miki1369

7. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

cap space is 9.4M

8. CHUNKNESS

Jim and I were discussing your situation on YIM. Even though you have the cap space, your team won't be able to sign anyone because of your negative funds situation. Even though funds don't dictate your team's ability to offer a regular season contract that doesn't have any bonus, the CFM doesn't allow you to overextend yourself any further financially because you have negative funds. All you would need is to be in the positive with $1 and you would be fine. If you do not have your team "out of the red" by the off-season, the CFM will fire you as an owner and you will be blacklisted from the CFM deeming you unable to rejoin. You must have over extended yourself with the bonus money offered in your FA contracts which produced negative team funds. Time to get creative and make some money in the regular season or find yourself removed from the CFM permanently. :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

If your owner funds are in the negative it will not let you sign free agents eventhough you have plenty cap space, not sure why.

I have the same issue, $7.93m in cap space but -$12.6m in owner money. Luckily, I am at 51 players and can start the season.

You should start making money every week and hopefully your in the black come week 1 of regular season.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Daammm! *Note to self: Make the fans suffer when they ask for upgraded fan zones and parking lots!!*

11. CHUNKNESS

Ouch. That's what two top 10 selections will do to the pocket book! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jeremy

Yes sir.. Previous owner in Tampa upgraded the stadium last season and I am paying for it now. Stadium upgrade is usually a good thing but you gotta make sure you put a winning team on the field so the fans show up to fund that upgrade.!!

• Like Like x 4
  13. CHUNKNESS

Exactly why I haven't done so myself! LOL

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jeremy

I cant seem to find the "Not Like" button..

• Like Like x 2
  15. thafuture3886

wow that's crazy..but i like it :sneaky:

16. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

I understand what u are saying and i wanted to state some facts of why my team is in the red, and by the way love the feature that madden implemented that if u are in the red u are fired.

First of all, Its my fault cuz i did not know that the bonus money, in fact, all of it would come out of the owners funds. My team unlike other team sucked last year so the amount of money i went into the off-season was limited to begin with. I only signed 4 FA and i was only - 4.6M after that. Before the draft I was only -1.9M so i was almost out of it, but then i drafted the QB and his crazy signing bonus plus the other 3 players i drafted put me in the -16.2M hole im today.

Note: My team should be capable of making over that amount in the season, well at least i hope so.

Now, my question to you and Jim is... if that does not happen cuz my team suck this year, does that mean that i wont be able to re-join the league even with a different user-name?

17. CHUNKNESS

I agree with you that your team should be able to generate enough funds over the season to get you back to a positive number. However, there is no guarantee of that occurring. I understand that you may not have realized that the bonus money used on your FA's and rookies was coming from the team funds, but you should have known that the CFM disallowing you to bid on any more FA's than the 4 you had signed AND signing the top draft pick in the draft was going to choke your pocket book. Unless it is an inherited problem like Jeremy's, my view is such that if an owner puts their team in a financial situation that cannot be corrected, the owner should not be allowed to return to the CFM since they put themselves in that situation to begin with. Otherwise, it allows the opportunity for other owners to have their funds reset in the future. If Jim and Michael allow you to file bankruptcy, they'll have to allow everyone else to do so. But that is just this man's opinion. It's up to Jim and Michael whether or not they will grant you a pardon. I'm hopeful that your team is successful and it doesn't even get to that point! (y)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Doug, thanks for ur response, and i get ur point; however, the point i was trying to make is that this happened not becuase of bad management of my team, but instead because I sucked durring the season and the cardinals franchise did not generate enough owner funds as a resault of it. As u can see by my available cap space i did not overstend my self in FA or making trades. It was just the inavility of my team to generate funds during the season...

Just to put everything in prospective my team ended the year with around 19M in owner funds just with my rookies signing it would had cost me 15M (i had 1st rounder, 4th rounder, 5th rounder and 6th rounder). Thats before re-signing anyone or offer any FA deal... If i cant sign anyone in FA how am i going to improve my team (again i only signed 4 guys), and 2 of them were of my team last season, so if u think of it I only signed two guys that were not on my team last year.

I did not do any renovation or expansion to my stadium or went crazy offering contracts to FAs. You telling me that i should be remove from this league not for bad management of my team (9.5M in cap space) but beacuse i sucked playing the game? That will drive people to win at all cost to keep their team in the Q? Again, not trying to be negative just stating the facts of what happened. Now tell me what should i had done different in the offseason? Trade the # 1 so i would not had to pay him 14M in signing bonus? Not signed 4 players (2 that were on my team)? I lost 2 Cbs 85+ a WR 84+ cuz i could not re_sign or offer contracts to in FA and i had the cap space to do so.

Im sure im not the only one with negative owner funds, cuz who ever sucked as bad as me last season and did not generate the funds and signed there draft picks, or made any upgrades to their stadium or is trying to relocate will have this same issue.

Who else is negative on the owners funds other than me and the bucs?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  19. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Also, i would like to know how much owner funds other teams went into the off-season with?

20. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Miki, didn't you also fire your staff? Not sure that it would, but did that drop your owner funds at all?

21. thafuture3886

I had about 50-60M i believe

• Like Like x 1
  22. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

I only fired my scouting and trainer my head coach is still here...

It was less than 1M in salary for both of the new guys that came in for the whole season.

23. CHUNKNESS

I was in the SAME financial situation as you this off-season Mike. I actually had LESS funds than you with only $16.3M. I had plenty of cap space; close to $32M, but I couldn't sign half of the FA's that I wanted to target because I didn't have the funds. For the FA's that I made offers to, I made sure not to offer contracts with any kind of huge bonus that I couldn't cover. I certainly made sure any offers that I did make wouldn't over-extend me from being able to sign my rookies and/or re-sign some of the other players that I want to keep on my roster that I know have a contract year coming up.

Your statement that your team cannot remain competitive because the system is unjust and unfair is false. It isn't a matter of how much you have in funds, but rather, it is a matter of what you do with your roster to create the funds that you need to become competitive. Yes, the teams that are having success on the field will have access to more funds. In my opinion, they SHOULD be rewarded for that. However, there are other ways for bottom feeders like us to creatively arrange more funds and/or cap space. I, too, wound up releasing some decent players in Allen, Poz, Miller, and Deaderick. Did I want to? No, but at no point do I feel that I should receive any special treatment because of it. I'm going to deal with the cards that have been dealt with me.

Hopefully both you and I will be able to overcome the financial challenge. One suggestion I have is in the future to concentrate on ONE or possibly TWO big contract free agents that would improve your team versus multiple. Otherwise you are most certainly going to put yourself in a financial pickle forcing yourself to release starters in other positions that you hadn't intended to. Without looking at the contracts that you had signed your free agents to, I am going to guess that they had some pretty large bonus amounts. Also, I always keep an eye on what contracts I have coming up on my roster so that I make sure I know who I can cover or who I may not be able to cover due to my funds (no funds = no bonus = no interest in re-signing). If I were you, I would have waited to sign any FA's until I had signed my top pick, or at least estimated what I believed that top pick's hit would have been to my bonus money before making any calculated FA offers.

24. CHUNKNESS

On the converse, there are plenty of teams out there that have been successful and have tons of funds, but they don't have the cap space to re-sign their top players and/or sign any big name FA's. Should they penalize teams like yours and mine for having the cap space by limiting us to the number of big name FA's that we can sign? Just some food for thought.

25. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

i had about the same... 48-50M