2014 Preseason

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by hornfaninbama, Jul 11, 2013.

1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

TheRealHalupka, BPHusker, -Cougars-, qclassic 22, Dase or Days, Azwethinkweiz, NeuroticTruth, xassassin4lifex, BDSDIGITAL, tar heel, -Balla-

Preseason is up. I'll fix schedules tonight, when you're done redshirting and filling your board.

Most of y'all have been on TSO for a while so you're pretty familiar with the formula. But just to cover it: 70 - the number of players on the roster + the number of seniors = your available scholarships. For example: 70-68+18=20 available scholarships. Don't go over your limit. We haven't gotten the penalties up yet, but they're coming.

Qclassic, neurotictruth, and azwethinkweiz I tried to send your invites but I got an error message saying y'all don't have origin accounts. I don't know if you have to set them up but take a look.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  2. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

I just wanna double check n make sure, we are not creating coaches correct?

3. Azwethinkweiz

Azwethinkweiz Walk On

My Gamertag is different than my forum name. I posted it in one of the other threads but you may have missed it. It's CUTigerAlumni.

4. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

5. hornfaninbama

Yours is out. Sorry I missed it.

6. hornfaninbama

From what I read in the glitch forum it looks like the redshirted glitch was due to an EA server error and was just an honest to god glitch. Feel free to create coaches. I'll check after week 1 and make sure everyone got XP.

7. Azwethinkweiz

Azwethinkweiz Walk On

I thought we were boys, BPH.

• Like Like x 1
  8. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

Alright I will create a coach, sounds good!

9. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

My gamertag is also different than forum name, my gamertag is L2

10. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

I need 2 MLb minimum this year, and there's not a single one that even has me top 10 lol. This should be fun

11. hornfaninbama

Welcome to life as a low prestige program.

• Like Like x 2
  12. hornfaninbama

Yours is out. I sent one to balla and the dude joined as Tennessee. Kicked him out pretty quick. Haha

Pretty cool new feature this year is the ability to have neutral site games. So far everyone has one. I tried to make them region specific. For example, Syracuse is playing Rutgers at MetLife stadium. If there is a rival that your team played neutral site I tried to use that game. Baylor and Tech play every year on the day after thanksgiving at Jerryworld so me and -Cougars- play there in week 12.

I also set up a protected rivalry with another coach in the opposite division. If you have a true rival across I made that the protected game. Eg, UNC and NCSU.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  13. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Wow great job man!

14. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:

I dont have an origin account? I do in fact have one but why is that tied to NCAA?

15. BDSDIGITAL

Are we working with any recruiting restrictions?

16. qclassic 22

qclassic 22 Walk On

I should be getting my stuff done tonight

17. hornfaninbama

I guess just so EA and Microsoft and the NSA can track is.

18. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I created a coach as well. Recruiting is going to be a bitch until we get our recruiting skill tree's up.

19. BDSDIGITAL

i created a coach. I figured I'd rather do that, than keep the cpu generated coach and have a major advantage over everyone. I set up my board, and I have some nice little players interested. No 5 star guys, but a handful of 4's and a mass of 3's. So can't be mad. The one thing that sucked though is like all of the 4 star guys I put on my board were about 3 points lower once I scouted them. :( So that's corny.

20. hornfaninbama

This will make it to its own thread once TheRealHalupka does some housecleaning. I stole these from PFP, but they should e a good baseline.

The number of five star (5*) recruits players a program may recruit are as follows:

A baseline of three (3) 5* players for any program during any season
    One (1) additional 5* player for any program that has a player win the Heisman Trophy the previous season
    One (1) additional 5* player for any program that wins its conference the previous season
    One (1) additional 5* player for any program that wins the BCS national championship the previous season
    Under these guidelines, the most any program can have for 5* recruits is six (6).
    Any program found in violation of this rule will be forced to cut the last 5* signing and be penalized a single combined base 5* scholarship and one cushion scholarship. (Your cushion is reduced to two and you only have two 5* players you can sign).
    Commish note: After a search of top rankings over the past decade, only one program, USC 2004 with eight, had more than six 5* recruits. While these rules may appear restrictive, I believe it to be a good combination of realism, competitive balance and rewarding on-the-field accomplishments. Please also note that during the lead up to its run of three BCS titles in four years, Alabama never topped 3 or 4 5* players in its classes. Top-tier programs are free to gorge themselves on 4* players to their hearts' content.

21. BDSDIGITAL

so in other words, I don't need to be worried about it. Gotcha.

22. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Well shit..it'll take awhile to get 5 stars...nvm I have 2 5*'s interested in me :)

23. hornfaninbama

#1 prospect in the country has Tulsa and Baylor 1 and 2. It won't stay that way long. Alabama is #3.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  24. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Nice, I'm just happy to see even the lower caliber teams have good prospects interested in them, not just the top schools.

25. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    My origin name is NT-TSO