2014 Prime-time Players- Early Season

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by publik drunk, Feb 28, 2014.

1. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

deion.jpg
    The Early Season 2014 Prime Time Players have arrived.
    A few times a year we here a Prime Time U will take a look around the league and honor the players who are standing out as prime time players. We will also mention the ones who just missed the cut and are in the running for the next edition, as well as do a busted segment for those who are trying to be the Prime Time players and coming up short. Lets take a look at the first edition of Prime Time Players:

approved.jpg

QB-

Geno Smith- Geno has missed some games due to injury but on the year has completed an amazing 78% of his passes with an 8 TD to 2 int total and the Jets have yet to lose a game.

Graham Steven-Baker- This rookie has been phenomenal throwing 14 TD on the year while completing 67% of his passes. His 7 picks is understandable for a rookie adjusting to the speed of the NFL. More importantly he has guided his team to a 5-1 record which is a great turnaround from a season ago.

RB-

Adrian Peterson- Peterson has been amazing for the Falcons, rushing or 851 yards in just 6 games as he tries to keep the Falcons afloat in the tough NFC.

Jamal Charles- Charles has been a key reason to the Chiefs 5-1 start rushing for 623 yards and a league high 11 TD.

WR/TE-

Julio Jones- Julio leads the league with 645 yards receiving and 8 TD. He is averaging an incredible 23 yards per reception and over 100 yards a game.

Ladarius Green- Green leads the league with 41 receptions at the TE position and has been great since the injury to Rob Gronkowski.

DEF-

T.J. Ward- Ward has been a big presence in Cleveland's secondary this year coming in with 3int and a league high 4 FF.

Stephon Gilmore- Gilmore is continuing his progress into becoming a shut down corner as he has compiled 7 int in just 6 games.

Carlos Dunlap- Dunlap has reeled in 10 sacks through 10 games leading the league.

primtetime jordans.jpg

Still in the Running:

Tom Brady- Brady is leading the league in passing yards but has also thrown 12 int on the young season. For him to be a prime time player he has to take better care of the football.

Colin Kaepernick- Kaep has lead his team to a 4-2 record and has thrown 11 TD to 7 int, but looking at the stats he just hasn't inserted himself as the man to stop to beat the 49ers. The 49ers have a lot of weapons and he seems content to just fit in.

Arian Foster- Foster is having the kind of year fantasy football fans hate. He has racked up 635 yards on the ground, 2nd most in the league, but his 5 touchdowns are leaving him far behind the other league leaders.

Brandon Marshall- Brandon Marshall is having a great season in Chicago and just missed out on the cut. He has accumulated more than 600 yards and 6 tds and is among the league leaders in receptions.

Geno Atkins- After not being picked up until the preseason, Geno is doing great things in Tennessee with 9 sacks on the year as well as 2FF and 1FR.

Richard Sherman- Sherman has 5 picks on the year tying him for second in the league but he has shown to be a sure tackler leading all CB with 26 on the season.

busted.jpg
    Busted!

Eli Manning- Remember when he called himself an elite QB? After a terrible season a year ago, things have gotten worse as he has thrown 18 int and only 1 TD pass on the year.

Ben Roethlisberger- Big Ben has thrown a league high 21 picks including 10 in one game! This 10 year vet has definitely seen better days.

Tony Romo - Romo is right behind Ben in int with 20 on the year and with a QB rating of 54.6 no wonder Cowboys fans are calling for a change at the QB position.

Well there you have it. What do you think? How did we do? Any players we missed ? Someone you think we should keep our eye on for the next installment? Feel free to share any thoughts.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

No Vallere- rigged.

• Like Like x 1
  3. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

I will admit I didn't manage my time well enough and didn't get a real thorough search like I plan next time. I just cycled through some of the bigger stats and dug into those that stood out. I will keep my eye out for him and other more all around players next go round

4. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Fear the Baker!

5. LSUWhoDat78

LSUWhoDat78 Walk On

Eli= NOT ELITE!!!

During the bye week and his week of demotion to backup, he did put in many extra hours with the coaching staff in hopes of turning things around!

• Like Like x 3
  6. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I Peench ^

7. LSUWhoDat78

LSUWhoDat78 Walk On

I see no humor in this response!
    ;)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  8. LSUWhoDat78

LSUWhoDat78 Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  9. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Oldie but goody

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

You spelled RO cheese wrong ;)

11. SwagKingCole23

SwagKingCole23 Walk On

Adrian Peterson is wanting hit the 1,000 yard mark by the next game he says. Julio just wants to be in the elite class of recievers.

12. Baron

Averaging about 4 carries a game. :p

13. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I was going to take him but I passed as I was afraid injury would leave me with Weeden to run the option, which makes me wanna puke.

14. Baron

He's got 85 injury, and I slide him whenever he gets near a defender. A shame as his 88 speed could let him break some long runs but I don't want to risk him being out for any length of time.