2014 Race for the Roses

Discussion in 'The Redshirts' started by PAgamer07, Aug 27, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

[​IMG]

We are getting into the thick of the season and it is time to take a look at who could be playing for the coveted Rose Bowl Trophy. Last year, Arizona had a helluva season, beating Washington (CPU) for the PAC-12 title, and then rolling over Northwestern for the Championship. Who will make it this year?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At the end of Week 5, things are still really tight. In the Leaders division, both Maryland and Purdue suffered conference losses, both at the hands of a lucky Northwestern squad. West Virginia sits atop the division at 2-0 in conference play. All 3 teams still have to play each other and anything can still happen.

In the Legends division, Northwestern is not only 3-0 in conference but ranked #4 in the country. They have yet though to play Iowa or Michigan State. They have to be favored in both of these matchups due to the luck they are having this season.

Big Ten Player to Watch: HB Nick Hill (Michigan State). Hill has been carrying this offense and leads the Big Ten in rushing yards and 2nd in TD.

[​IMG]

In the PAC-12 North, Cal sits atop the division, but purely because of amount of games played. Unfortunately for them, both of their losses were too users in the South (Arizona and Arizona State). Still an awful lot of season left int eh PAC-12, and really, all 3 teams in this division are still in it.

In the South, Utah's loss to Cal certainly stings. They still can make up some ground, but losing to sonn has to be embarassing. This was only the second loss to him in Redshirts history. Nice win Sonjay! Both Arizona and Arizona State seem to be playing well, and both are ranked in the top 25. Papa Perry once again is the favorite here.

PAC-12 Player to Watch: HB Ka'deem Carey (Arizona). Damn this kid is having a phenomonal 2014 season. After claiming 1st team All-American honors and winning Redshirts PAC-12 player of the year, he looks even better. A whopping 7.9 YPC and 11 TD already.

Inter-conference Battle (B1G v PAC-12)

Big Ten: 3-0
    PAC-12: 0-3

*through week 5

Well, once again the Big Ten is going full on domination of the inferior PAC-12. The Oregon State game was never in doubt as coach TEClemson53 said it made him "never want to play NCAA again." Both of our other matchups were much closer than one would expect. It was good to see ryalaman keep the psychological advantage over maverickfp however.

Let's just hope the Big Ten can win the one that matters.

Previous Results

[​IMG]14-27 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 42-49 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 28-21 [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

My non-reply was because the only comment about Utah was negative :(

3. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Mine was because the only comment about Northwestern discounted everything we've done, and I'm sensitive :(. Although there is a big sense of pride that playing me makes Trey want to quit forever :smug:.

More seriously though, the B1G is Northwestern's world, the rest of you are just playing in it like silly little kids.

Willy-Wonka-Roll-Over-Surprise.gif

• Like Like x 1
  4. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Yea of real life Northwestern was stacked as talented as EA thinks, they would never lose

5. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

They were 10-3 last year, and have been solid for several now, so it's not too far out of whack. Prater had a whopping 10 catches for 54 yards, so they may have embellished his abilities a little, but who am I to complain?

6. PAgamer07

[​IMG]

7. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

To even things out I should just get Michigan.

8. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

or you could just stay Utah, quit the league or stop saying you need to be Texas or some other powerhouse.

• Like Like x 1
  9. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

dumb napkin throw.gif

10. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Everyone else usually switches teams 5 times a season. I figured I would whine like everyone else has the past 3 years and I eventually would end up with Texas.

• Like Like x 3
  11. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Schreck is pretty good with his gif placement & timing.

12. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

gets me right here.gif

• Like Like x 1
  13. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
  14. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Big Ten Leaders Updated for you PAgamer07 :)

That being said, I am sure Indiana will push my shit in next week
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Iowa is irrelevant this season...nuff said

16. PAgamer07

As is Purdue. Next year and beyond we'll be much better. I'll be happy with a bowl bid this year

17. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Whoever this Washington (CPU) team is, they suck. Lose to Arizona and Purdue. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 2
  18. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

If I win these three road games ill be sitting pretty on my way to face northwestern in what would be the most important game in world history.

19. PAgamer07

So much for that. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  21. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Iowa knocks off Michigan State and turns around and almost drop kicks #2 Northwestern but somehow those pesky Wildcats won.

22. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Hats off to Iowa. He played almost a flawless game. All I can do is tip my hat and move on.