***2014 Recruiting Chatter***

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by MaxAttack360, Apr 10, 2010.

1. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

***2014 Recruiting Chatter***

Figured I'd start this up since no one has yet.

How's everyone's recruiting going so far since we're in week 2? I've got 18 seniors leaving with room for 19 players next year, and I think my board is too big to split up the time. It's much bigger than the past two seasons. All but one person on my board have me in their top 10, and that one guy who doesn't appears to be an amazing QB, and I decided to go after him and he didn't move me up. I think the user who gets him will be EXTREMELY dangerous with this guy.

Other than that, it seems to be going fine considering I have limited time to spend. I'm finally 6* prestige, but most of the high prestige guys interested in me are below-average, and those that aren't have me really low in their lists. No commits yet for me, but a few a ready to visit - too bad my first conference home game is not until Week 6... that is going to hurt a lot.

2. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

All I know is my schedule sucks for recruiting.

I either make the high publicity guys visit for Notre Dame, or hope they stick around for a week 6 visit for "rival" Minnesota. That's the only two choices I have.

Last year I was forced to have 2 guys visit for a user game last year... After the Miss. St. loss they barely moved in interest (didn't really blame them). Both guys I lost a huge lead in and one guy that I really wanted to replace Smith my graduating WR signed elsewhere (Cornholing homo!).

So we'll see...

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'll trade you my week 7 rival Minnesota game for your week 6 rival Minnesota game! I don't even have any home conference games before week 7. (n)

Recruiting isn't looking good for me. I need 17 guys (again!) and just about everyone that I've targeted is being pursued by multiple users. With 17 schollies, i don't have the time to go after guys like that. It'll likely be a down year for Michigan, but I console myself by the fact that it's very unlikely these guys would ever see the field much in this OD anyway.

4. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I expect a lot of guys going pro after this year, so these guys will definitely see playing time over the next 2 seasons.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Army picks up commit #1 for the year, a :4stars: OLB (#1).

6. jello1717

Surprisingly, that's only the 3rd player signed by a user so far this year (ND and Florida have the others). It seems like we're usually signing more guys early in the season.

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Add another to the Gators list of incoming freshmen!

That's right Max! The #1 linebacker in the country, and pretty beastly lookin mofo, has signed after visiting Gainesville! He is my second signing, to go along with a decent halfback. With more coming to see the battle of #2 LSU vs. #8 (or is it 6?) Florida, I could have some more news after the next advance.

8. jello1717

Michigan signed their 1st player this year in WR(#6) Jeff Pearson out of Ohio. He's a lot shorter than we'd like @ 5'9, but other than that, he'll make a decent WR. This is one of our biggest need positions this year so he's a welcome addition to the team.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

I had at least 5 players visiting for the Texas game, so I'm hoping for something good.

10. jello1717

Next week Psycho will be posting about all of the studs he signed from my list. (n) That FS is going to be beyond awesome!

11. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

I put so much time into that guy... and he does that. Hopefully he's a bust!!!

12. jello1717

The combination of me having to sign 17 guys and there being about 6 other users going after that guy meant that I only spent time on him during the 1st week. After that I cut bait and never talked to him again.

If it makes you feel any better, after cutting bait on him I went after the #3 (I think) MLB instead and it's looking like Basis is going to sign him from me as well.

13. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Wow...... I must have had 8 or 9 guys visit last week, and no one signed. I can't believe it. I can only hope they don't sign elsewhere, because I've led on pretty much all of them since Week 2.

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Army has signed two recruits so far this season.
    1. HB (#2) Mike Washington - 5'11" 219, blazing fast (4.34) five star from Hawaii. Should give Army a 94+ speed tandem again next year.

2. OLB (#1) Jon Brown - 6'2" 252, 4 star, solid all around.

15. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

MSU signed it's first recruit this week. 3 star SS Danny Clarke. He has B man coverage and B+ Zone coverage ratings to go with his 4.4 speed and B Acceleration. Not bad for a 3 star.

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

After the win over LSU with most of our key recruits in the stands, a couple of guys committed, bringing the total number to 4.

The first two were bonus guys, one a halfback and one being the #1 overall MLB. Now, we've added two wide receivers to go with those guys.

I did have one recruit in to see us lose to Notre Dame. Fuck.

17. jello1717

Michigan signed their 2nd recruit during week 6. It's DE(#2) Jeff Parker. Parker is beyond tiny @ 6'3, 206 (all 9 LBs on my team weigh more than him and I even have a SS that weighs more!) but we're hoping that the HGH that our staff uses will add some bulk to his frame. He's pretty mediocre overall, but we're in dire need of getting some DEs this week so we had to take whomever was interested.

18. jello1717

Michigan signs 3 more recruits following the rival Minnesota game.

:3stars:OLB(#48) Brian Heard from Texas.
    Heard has good size @ 6'3, 231. He has good wheels as he's the 6th fastest OLB in the country (I was told by another user that I don't talk enough about speed). He has mediocre ratings in other categories and, given the talent @ LB for Michigan, he will likely be a career backup, barring injuries to the good LBs.

:4stars:QB(#12) Lee King from Texas.
    The QB selection this year sucked balls, but we need to sign a QB every year so we settled on King. He's the 2nd fastest QB in the country, has a mediocre arm, and mediocre running talents. He won't run anyone over with his D- trucking and he's prone to fumbles with his D- CAR rating. This guy has career backup written all over his body.

:4stars:DE(#3) David Bennett from (where else?) Texas.
    Michigan had a dire need @ DE this year and this guy gives Michigan the #s 2 and 3 DEs in the country. Like the tiny 206lb DE(#2) Parker, this guy is puny, coming in @ 6'4, 227. I ordinarily wouldn't even look @ a DE lighter than 240, but this year I had no choice. He has good speed, tackling, and pursuit (are they sure this guy isn't a LB?!?) and is average everywhere else. Simply because of the fact that I'm only returning 3 DEs (SO, 2 FR) he'll be in the running to be a starter at some point.

19. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

I think there was one option QB who looked like he had a TON of potential. I offerred to him Week 1, but didn't get to his top 10. His only scholarship offer after W1 was from a user, and I'm pretty sure that that user locked him up (though I haven't checked in awhile). But from what I could see, he was definitely a guy worth going after. I'm sure you would've liked him jello!!! :D

20. jello1717

Then why didn't the bastard liken me?!?(n)

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Was he a QB or an athlete?

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

So far Oklahoma has recruited a 4 star CB and a 3 star FB...been quiet otherwise.

23. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

You know :D

24. jello1717

I'll have to check out Army's signings I guess. I don't remember seeing any scramblers that was worth a damn, but I think I only looked @ guys that had me in their top 10 since I need to sign 17 guys.

I never even bother to look @ athletes though. Despite what Basis thinks, I look @ much more than SPD and athletes don't give you nearly enough information to see if they'll be good at any position.
    He can pass and run block, but does he have good RBS/RSF/PBS/PBF?
    He has a strong arm, but is it accurate?
    He can play zone and man, but can he press?
    etc.

25. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

I also try to avoid athletes for that reason (at any position), but if you have super speed, I'm willing to take a chance not knowing your accuracy. Note in the posts I've talked about him I say "potential" - doesn't accuracy go up pretty fast anyways?