2014 Recruiting Class/Discussion

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Since no one started this up...

Nebraska has 3 guys so far inked to us but I had to reshuffle the board a lot...this class really is to fill some holes.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice job Mo to get this going.

We have signed three guys, two of which we are excited about... And the third took 10 minutes of our time.

:4stars: #12 DT Marcus Bradford - 6'3" 283 lbs - Beebe AR - ovr rk: 3 - speed rush rk: 3 - power rush rk: 5
    D- SPD/ D- AGI/ D- AWR/ B- STA/ B INJ/ B STR/ C- JMP/ C+ TAK/ B- PMV/ B FMV/ C+ BSH/ B- PUR/ C+ HPW/ D- ZCV/
    Bradford is a huge need for us, an all-around run stopper that can occasionally get to the QB as well. He has good ratings across the board and we have him rated a top 3 tackle. He insta-signed last week during the call

:4stars: #3 OLB Trevor Huff - 6'2" 220 lbs - Abbeville LA - ovr rk: 1 - run stopper rk: 1 - coverage rk: 2
    B SPD/ C+ AGI/ D- AWR/ B+ STA/ B+ INJ/ C+ STR/ D- CTH/ B- JMP/ B TAK/ C PRC/ C PMV/ D+ FMV/ C BSH/ B+ PUR/ B- HPW/ PRS/ C- ZCV/ C- MCV/
    OLB is a big need and we have Trevor Huff tied for the best guy in the nation along with clone Ryan Hart (same exact ratings). We probably could have gotten both but I don't like clones on my squad. I see this guy redshirting one year then being a 4-year starter quite possibly. He could even step in next year. He insta-signed in week 1 after a 30-minute call

:5stars: #1 HB Kurt Hall - 6'4" 216 lbs - Panama City FL - ovr rk: 11 - speed rk: 20 - power rk: 9
    B SPD/ B- ACC/ B- AGI/ C AWR/ B STA/ B INJ/ D STR/ B- BTK/ B ELU/ C- TRK/ B- CAR/ C BCV/ D+ SFA/ B- SPM/ B JKM/ D+ CTH/ D RTE/ D- IBL/ D- RBK/ D- PBK/
    So this guy is soft and everybody could tell - that's why nobody went after the #1 rated RB in the nation, including us. We noticed that we were like 20 points down in week 1. So we added him to our board after recruiting but didn't even call him. The next week we went to -1 point down. Again we didn't call him. In week 3 we jumped to 1 point up, lobbed a 10-minute call and offer, and he signed. I hope he improves well.. he might be cut, regardless.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    :4stars:CB(#3) GREG CLARK- 5'11", 164lbs, Papillion, NE
    KEY RATINGS- A SPEED, ACCEL/ B+ MAN COVER, PRESS, JUMP, STAMINA/ B ZONE COVER, PLAY RECOGNITION
    ---This is kid is about as pure of a cover man corner as you will find. He just about has everything you dream of in a CB. He has excellent speed and acceleration, so he can cover ANYONE on the field. He's an excellent athlete who can fly with the best of them. He's a top notch man corner off the bat and is a big time bump and run CB. This kid could easily crack our starting lineup and that's with the plethora of CB prospects we've been bringing in here. He's a stellar talent.

:4stars:CB(#14)- CAMERON TERRELL- 6'1", 174lbs, Lewistown, MT
    KEY RATINGS- A- SPEED/ B+ ACCEL/ B MAN COVER, PLAY RECOGNITION/ B- ZONE COVER, PRESS
    ---Terrrell grew up a Nebraska fan and had us #1 from the gate. We couldn't turn down Terrell and he adds to us wanting to have a top notch secondary. Great speed and solid acceleration to go with a good 6'1" frame. He's not as polished as Clark is as a CB but he will certainly have his mark made here although he does possess a bit better ball hawking skills than Clark.

:3stars: CB(#90)- SEAN WILLIAMS- 6'1", 170lbs, Miami, FL
    KEY RATINGS- B+ SPEED, ACCEL/ B- PRESS/ C+ AGILITY, MAN COVER, PRESS
    ---Williams was a need in order for us to keep that strong pipeline of florida going. He's a physical CB much like Cameron Terrell is. He's a notch below in speed to Terrell. Williams will be more a project going forward and we really won't see the real talent of Williams come out until possibly his JR year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Hall's a fraud! #1 RB and he inks as soon as someone offered him!....I smell fish...lol

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

:4stars: #3 CB Greg Clark - 5'11" 164 lbs - Papillion NE - ovr rk: 1 - coverage rk: 2 - hard hitter rk: 1
    A SPD/ A ACC/ B- AGI/ D- AWR/ B+ STA/ B INJ/ D- STR/ D CTH/ B+ JMP/ D- TAK/ B PRC/ D- BSH/ C+ PUR/ C HPW/ B+ PRS/ B ZCV/ B+ MCV/
    BEAST. I have him rated ahead of Dale Jefferson who I'm battling JMS for. If I can get Jefferson I probably wouldn't trade though, because it's close, and Jefferson has 3 inches on him.

:4stars: #14 CB Cameron Terrell - 6'1" 174 lbs - Lewistown MT - ovr rk: 16 - coverage rk: 15 - hard hitter rk: 16
    A- SPD/ B+ ACC/ C+ AGI/ D- AWR/ C+ STA/ B- INJ/ D- STR/ C- CTH/ B- JMP/ D TAK/ B PRC/ D- BSH/ C+ PUR/ D HPW/ B- PRS/ B- ZCV/ B MCV/

:3stars: #90 CB Sean Williams - 6'1" 170 lbs - Miami FL - ovr rk: 41 - coverage rk: 47 - hard hitter rk: 44
    B+ SPD/ B+ ACC/ C+ AGI/ D- AWR/ B STA/ B- INJ/ D- STR/ C- CTH/ B- JMP/ D- TAK/ C- PRC/ D- BSH/ C- PUR/ C- HPW/ C+ PRS/ C ZCV/ C+ MCV/
    Nice, keeping the pipeline going. This is why you are gonna be tough to deal with all dynasty long, you are putting effort into the recruiting side, which I'm not sure was always the case.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I think I really started to gain some momentum with recruiting towards the end of last year...but it was tough with me having the same issue that Max had...but I overcame that and started to know it's good to get some great players to play with lol...I get to play the style I like to play now which is just attack, attack, attack...

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

So, Mogriffjr ... Now that the cat is out of the bag, I'm wondering if you ever saw me coming on Bishop... Why didn't you offer him a scholly sooner, do you not need a dominant TE? Lol

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LOL I had been slow playing him I believe like real slow...and I had to kinda do my board over due to TCU raping me in recruiting. I have Scott and Beck who are SO and I grabbed Charles Estes who's a FR and I'm redshirting him. So with Bishop he'd be an upgrade over the other 2 TE's I have but I wasn't going after him hard until I saw your offer lol.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I was confident that OLE MISS is going to sign top CB Dale Jeffereson from week 2 but Penn State didn't feel like letting Ole Miss get this guy without a fight though. The kid is going to be a superstar.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

We have him soft committed, let's see if he keeps that promise or moves on!

Whatever you do, just don't buy the "-1" crap.

Once we both get him to the top of the green bar, the #2 team will always be -1. You have more than that number of points to make up with this visit though... (y)

We have 3 very good players soft committed.... If I can get 2 of the 3, I will be excited.

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I have yet to steal anyway away from #1 this year

12. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I am still confused how you got ahead of me on that DT. :mad:

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

either do I....all I know is that DT was the #1 priority this year.

14. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Me too.

15. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I thought it was making sure I didn't get HB Russell Hall. :D Looks like he's yours. I wonder if the game will let you play a HB on the line, since you'll have like 5 HBs that are freshmen or sophomores. :)

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah the sole reason was not to play against him every season. Also he was #1 in PA.....hard to ignore. I imagine someone will transfer. I will probably not have injuries until I only have 2 on the roster in a few years.

In 2-3 years be ready to face both of them. 2 headed monster.

17. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

:yawn: I'm not impressed. :D

• Like Like x 2
  18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

unfortunately no one ever is :(

Asshole Hellisan hit the nail on the head the beginning of the season. "I generally do little with a lot"

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL, did I say that!? what a prick!

• Like Like x 1
  20. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

HB(#5) :5stars:
    6'1 196lb Pleasanton, CA
    Derek Cowan

This dude looks like a beast... Utah has two very talented (RS)Frosh right now, but Cowan may be too good to keep off the field.

DE(#10) :4stars:
    6'7 256lb La Junta, CO
    Adam Brown

We have the Munoz twins at DE for right now, but this DE looks like a prime RS candidate. Great size and technique.

DT(#7) :4stars:
    6'4 302lb Bellmead, TX
    Scott Parham

Big ugly MF right here. Utah needed DTs in the worst way this class. 300lb and he can move.

C(#3) :4stars:
    6'1 292lb East Los Angeles, CA
    Ricky Dickson

Dont exactly need a C this season, but they are tough to recruit so couldnt pass him up. Also he has a hilarious name. He probably takes a RS for playing time.

WR(#41) :3stars:
    6'1 180lb Mason, OH
    Ron Johnson

A- Speed and thats about it. Utah is deep at WR so he will most likely sit out a year. Could develop into something special, but the coaches arent counting on it.

21. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Well I got 3 guys I think. I'll post them later. That could very well be the extent of my class this year. I had 18 on my board, and I don't think I will get any of them. Time to look into the 2nd and 3rd tier players.

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hey jms493 is New York a pipeline for you?

23. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

next year....

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ah, see, for us, we have it this year. If I hang on with that Jefferson kid, at least it was worth keeping a scrub on my team for a year to get a pipeline... lol.

25. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Eric Brock
    CB (#2) :5stars:
    6'2" 185 lbs
    Alameda, CA
    A+ Speed, A Accel, A- Jumping, B Man Cov, B Zone Cov

Ryan Gray
    DE (#4) :4stars:
    6'3" 255 lbs
    Oregon City, OR
    C Speed, B- Strength, C Power Moves, B+ Finesse Moves, C+ Block Shed

Dedrick Patrick
    G (#1) :4stars:
    6'1" 282 lbs
    Hacienda Heights, CA
    C- Speed, B+ Strength, B Pass Block, B- Run Block, B Pass Block Str,

Garrett Dylan
    TE (#2) :4stars:
    6'5" 255 lbs
    Torrance, CA
    B Speed, C- Strength, B Catch, C+ Catch in traffic, B- Release

Adam Jefferson
    OLB (#6) :4stars:
    6'1" 203 lbs
    Wilson, NC
    B Speed, C+ Strength, B- Jumping, C+ Tackle, B Hit Power, B- Pursuit, C+ Power Moves, C+ Finesse Moves, C+ Block Shed

• Like Like x 1