2014 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    2014 Recruiting Discussion

GT gets off to a hot start signing the #1 MLB in the country Ryan Smith (5 star) and 5-star SS Jacob Robinson (#2 SS in the nation)

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

This class sucks.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Nothing happening yet in Blacksburg. Sadly b/c we #1 on some decent players lists. Now we have to drag it on all year....ugh.

No fucking WRs

4. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Florida State is on a lot of lists. I think I've spread my butter too thin, as my momma used to tell me when I was a young Romeo.

24 guys on my board. Will get whittled down every week until I have the 14-15 I really want to work with. It's just really hard dropping a 5 star from my board, that's how I ended up with so many on it in the first place.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Trust, those guys will get bottled up qucikly. Seems like most users have 5 guys on a board and will spend 2+ hours on a kid. Trust me I had to learn the hard way!

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I retracted my scholly from that WR...go ahead and get him Cole...he ain't catching a cold with these sliders lulz.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah I'm not too excited about the kid either. Only reason I jumped all over him was that he had a X2 week 1 and none of the guys I really liked wanted to visit week 2. I did bring in a TE though that I like a lot and hopefully can land before he visits Miami week 5.
    Overall I'm not pressing the guys at the top of my board since I'm going to get out visited this year by other users. I should be in solid shape to lock up some depth though come weeks 7-10.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I am gonna take a lot of time with recruiting this week because this is the week where I like to trim that board waaaaay the hell down. hehehehe. I got a lot of guys I'm gonna drop....

9. BRUCE80

I love the way my class is shaping up. The win over Florida was a big win (maybe) who knows if anything will come of it.

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Moved up to #1 on my top 2 targets in the class. A fast JUCO HB that I am battling Ryno for and a fast/all around beastly MLB I am fighting with JMS over. I feel like this is only temporary though as both have visits coming up and my lead is definitely small enough that they can re jump me. Oh well...not much more I can do. Week 5 visit vs UNLV wouldn't have done shit for me, and waiting til week 9 vs NC State was too far away.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    OOOH YES!

GT gets DE Darryl Moss to sign after his visit. He's a monster and reminds me of the DE I have starting now, Edwards. B speed, B strength, A pursuit...

What's interesting with Moss is one week (3) i only put 10 minutes into him and instead put more time into 3 star DE Buck Miller, who has soft committed to UGA. Go figure after UGA didn't sign him in week 4, he jumped back onto our radar and we put in the time and he's aboard!

We also sign 3 star CB Anthony Christian who Miami was after. He has good size but is definitely a project and we will definitely redshirt him.

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Really disappointed that Moss reneged on his soft commit. We really need Miller to come through now. If he also jumps ship our class is right down the tubes, DE was our #1 (and pretty much only) priority.

13. BRUCE80

This class sucks and gets worse with every week, I am full of hate and rage for all you dickbags.

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    hey, you might get some QB's your way though!

15. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

The salty UNC secondary received two huge additions this week. The Tarheels landed #1 PS/2 ovr :5stars: FS Dwayne Phillips He is an all around stud A- SPD, B+ TAK, A AGI, B+ ACC, C+ AWR. We are already solid at FS but this guy was too good to pass up. We currently have a 94 OVR JR starting at FS, but he may get a look at corner next Spring in order to get Phillips on the field. Phillips had soft commit to Florida last week, but changed his mind after visiting Chapel Hill for the destruction of Duke in week 5.

We also were able to sign the :5stars: #3 PS Cornerback (will post name later) who had Auburn as his leader all season. With A- SPD, B man/zone cov, and B+ ACC, this guy could start at most schools around the country. However, we are fairly deep at corner and may look to redshirt him in order to work on technique. He was the top corner on our board.

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Dwayne Phillips......ass cream.

17. Blaza

Dwayne Henry Phillips JERGOFF! :D

Edited

18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

lol....(y)

19. Blaza

Jesus, not looking forward to playing against Moss. Nice pickup

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

The Tigers are bringing in a number of top recruits for this weeks game against Notre Dame. Oh wait......

21. BRUCE80

Oh yea, I almost forgot to share this awesomness with you guys. We insta signed the #20 ovr FB a two star barn burner. In your face!

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

BS! I had that guy on my board I was just waiting until after my visits to start pouring massive hours into him.

Also signed that A speed receiver. He has good elusiveness and break tackle but he cant catch a cold. Willl be a good return at the least.

23. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    He'd be scary as a returner. Trust me I've returned a kick with a 90 speed guy and that kid has A speed!

24. BRUCE80

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes on kick returns even fast guys move really slow?

I swear I have 99 sp Dingle and 96 sp 99 acc George returning kicks and they look like 75 sp FBs sometimes when they run kicks back.

25. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

drop dead.....