2014 Recruiting Hub

Discussion in 'The Final Countdown' started by IrishBearcat, Mar 25, 2014.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Class of 2015 and all pertinent discussions belong here.

What's the early outlook for you school? Should we expect huge signings for your program, or will you be in a for long recruiting cycle?

2. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Small Class for Baylor this season.

7 Seniors and 69 players = 8 available scholarships.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

"We're comin' for everybody" -Current Texas DC Vance Bedford when asked about the new staff's first full year of recruiting.

17 Scholarships. Got a lot of good prospects interested after last year. Hopefully we can capitalize.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

Huge class this year for UVA. With the offense heading in a different direction and 20 open scholarships, winning on the recruiting trail will be just as important as winning on the field.

5. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Just want to keep building. Scouting will be important as always. Need those gems that get passed by the big boys.

6. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I just want at least one guy to commit that originally had me at number 1...

• Like Like x 1
  7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

This class is shaping up nicely, I think we should make some strides talent wise.

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

If I land 1/3 of the guys I have targeted, this will be a sick class for Texas.

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG]

Texas needs a QB with this class and they are going after a few targets with Robinson as their #1 prospect at the position. He doesnt have prototypical size for a QB, but after the success of pint-sized gypsy Johnny Manziel at A&M, the Horns arent going to pass on any undersized dual-threat kids if they can help it. A redshirt year will really put this recruit over the top. Cannon of an arm and breakaway speed to match. If he doesnt work out at QB, he could be wind up catching passes as a WR or taking a shot at RB if he puts on some weight.

[​IMG]

Texas also needs to reload at the RB position with this class and Fuller was the first to commit. The other targets at RB are more of the "every-down" variety, built to carry the ball as many times per game as needed, while Fuller is smaller but absolutely deadly with the ball in his hands. Texas' opponents will be chasing this guy all over the field for years to come as the Longhorns will line him up all over the field and let him return punts/kicks.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I signed that exact ath at QB last class Max, except he was a four star prospect, came in 81 overall at QB and is red shirting this year.

• Like Like x 1
  11. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

This always fascinates me. I know is '13 there were a lot of similar recruit "models" that were similar. Remembering jello1717 or somebody else in the E doing some type of research on it in a post I read.

I think there are more variations, but you're definitely going to come across the same prospect here and there between cycles. Usually they're a different star caliber or sometimes they're JUCOs from what I've seen.

12. Bucs

First two commits of the year

James Jones.PNG

Jones is a prototypical D1 guard. Not much flash to him but he will get the job done.

William Johnson.PNG

Johnson is one of our favorite recruits in this small class of only 8 scholarships. Has the size and skills to be a good linebacker , most project him to play outside but we plan on sticking him inside and letting him be a force . 6'4 247 love his size.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I lost a :5stars: RB to Boise State :(

• Like Like x 3
  14. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

You didn't need him anyway. You shoulda lost him to UVA hahaha

• Like Like x 2
  15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Hey, you dont need him either Mr. I-havent-lost-a-game-yet

WE WANT UVA!
    WE WANT UVA!
    WE WANT UVA!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bucs

Big week as two of the top prospects in Texas have decided to become Baylor Bears.

Erik Jackson.PNG

Jackson is the #2 WR in all of Texas (the #1 is also set to commit to us in a few weeks) and Baylor is excited that the young man decided to stay home. Jackson has all the physical tools and we can see him developing into a major part of the offense.

JJ Williams.PNG

Williams is a future QB for us, right now we have a stable of guys waiting to take over for Bryce Petty and Williams will be right in the mix.

17. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG]

Size, skills, and strength. Great looking OL prospect out of Cali.

[​IMG]

Elite speed and acceleration. Poole excels in zone coverage, and is a decent tackler. CB is a position of need for the Longhorns.

[​IMG]

Really love this prospect. The 4-3 reaches a new level when you have great players on the edge. Williams also has the size/speed/strength combo to stay on the field when Texas goes to a 3 DL look.

[​IMG]

Texas needs to re-load at RB and this guy will help. Not as flashy as the first RB to commit to the Horns, but Johnson is the type of RB that can develop into an every-down back capable of shouldering the load. Depending on how the rest of this class shapes up at RB, this kid could see the field his Freshman year.

[​IMG]

This guy is very underrated because he lacks a refined skillset, but all the raw materials are there for Yates to turn into a future starter. Great strength, size, and acceleration ratings will help him on the edge vs. Big12 pass-rushers.

18. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I was afraid this would be a lost year for recruiting, but the CPU kept it rolling for Alabama.

Offense

Athletes

(QB) Chad Gains- 79 Overall (+3)- Oakland Park, FL 6'2" 192 pounds
    (RB) Demetrius Carter- 77 Overall (+2)- Middlebury, VT 6' 183 pounds
    (RB) Phil Craig- 72 Overall (-1)- Daleville, AL 5'10" 209 pounds (signed an athlete just like him in another OD and he came in as a 79 Overall RB, already has 93 trucking and 92 stiff arm)

Wide Receivers

Nick Jackson- 79 Overall (+8)- Killeen, TX 6'2" 182 pounds
    Charles Crum- 79 Overall (+5)- Glenvar Heights, FL 5'9" 200 pounds

Still Targeting
    Kris Walker- 81 Overall (+4)- Buena Park, CA 6'3" 200 pounds (1st on list)

Defense

Defensive Ends

Jason Walton- 79 Overall (0)- Ewing, NJ 6'2" 240 pounds

Linebackers

Dave Morris- 80 Overall (+4)- Cheektowaga, NY 6' 213 pounds (3rd on list)

Defensive Backfield

(CB) Joel Sims- 80 Overall (+3)- Haleyville, AL 6'1" 171 pounds
    (SS) Tim Wilson- 81 Overall (+4)- Borger, TX 6'4"191 pounds

Still Targeting
    (FS) Justin Evans- 79 Overall (+5)- Elba, AL 6' 195 pounds (3rd on list, Baylor 1st)
    (CB) Amir Holloway- 73 Overall (+4) Wausau, WI 6'2" 187 pounds

I'm also going after a crappy athlete who is 68 overall, and 2 TE who are a 62 and 61 overall, but I almost hope I don't sign them. I'm hoping that Demetrius Carter can be moved, I've got too many RB's already and Craig is the one I'm more excited about. I had 17 spots available this season, but it doesn't look like I'll be filling all of them, more than likely it will be closer to 12 or 13. I am going to end up moving a ton of guys around.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bucs

Leave Evans alone .

• Like Like x 1
  20. hornfaninbama

You're pulling away...I am hopeful that he'll pop up for a visit so I can bring him in for the Iron Bowl. SEC West division title game, both Alabama schools in the Top 10 hopefully, I set everyone else for that week too and it bit me in the ass on a few guys. But I didn't want to take a chance that the CPU would lose a game when I had everyone visiting.

21. hornfaninbama

Hoping for some commits this week. 3 good ones visiting for the Auburn game, but I'm not leading on any of them.

22. Bucs

I coulsnt get Evans in for a visit. Ill probably lose him. My last few weeks of recruiting have been shite. Went from leading on three targets to trailing on 2/3 with only one coming in for a visit.

23. hornfaninbama

I wish they wouldn't give CPU first shot at visits. Evans has a visit scheduled with a school that is going to get cut that shouldn't happen when a user school is in the top 3 with no visit scheduled.

24. hornfaninbama

2 Commits to Alabama

:5stars: WR Kris Walker from Buena Park, CA 81 Overall

and

:3stars: CB Amir Holloway from Wausau, WI 74 Overall

25. hornfaninbama

1 Commit to Alabama

:4stars: ATH Darius Lacey from Jupiter, FL 68 Overall

He's 6'4" 274 pounds so I don't know where he goes on the line, but I hope he can play defensive tackle or offensive line.

• Like Like x 1