2014 Recruiting Talk

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Guess it's time to get this thread rolling.

Could either be a good year or a tough year for UW.

We had only 3 players list us #1 that I thought were decent. And when I say decent, I doubt any of them would be over a 70 OVR or so.

However we had a few guys list us #1 of the USER teams. So essentially I have to beat the CPU on some guys and not get overtaken and it could be a good class. If we struggle or get too many X2 against us this will be a horrible year.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

There is nothing to talk about we got so fucked week one with horrible random pitches that all the guys we are #1 on we will now be #2 and #3 now. My whole top ten is guys that we are either #1 or #2 and I am not sure we will sign any of them.

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

i had 2 guys over 3* even have us in the top 10. both suck, but i will go after them just cause all the 3* guys i signed last year came in under 70ovr. i can't get no one interested in me at iowa, not even local people. there are a few 4* iowa kids that have no interest in us at all.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I've got a pretty solid batch of recruits interested in me so far. A handful of 4 stars have me #1, and a bunch have me #1 over other users.

I also got an insta sign week 1:

:3stars: CB Cornelius Roberson

[​IMG]

Decent for a 3 star recruit. Cant play the run worth shit, but he gets bonus points for having a cool name.

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah we got 3 insta sign 3* guys.....if any are higher than a 65ovr i'd be shocked

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The bumper crop of last season is down this year. We werent tops on many boards and dont have alot of room for young talent to play now.

We have targeted about 15 players 12 of which are on the offensive side of the ball. We had an outstanding week 1 recruiting wise on some great calls. Nobody signed but we made some moves on players we need where we are 2-3 or 4 on the board.

We will start adjusting our board after this week.

7. jfosh

jfosh Super

Cal is enjoying being on the big boys list but need to finish in the top 10 so we can start out a little higher on the list.

We insta-signed a couple of guys.

:5stars: Power Back HB Jay Walker - Not sure who else was on this guy but he did have Washington, UCLA, Wisconsin, & Rutgers on his list.
    :4stars: OLB Kevin McBride - What Mcbride lacks in top end speed he picks up with +++ acceleration and looks to be solid in the other parts of his game...Also considered Rutgers.

8. BRUCE80

I want to jump off a cliff.

9. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

need a push?

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Just throw a 5 star recruit off the cliff...

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

you were not bs'ing on some of the calls had to be great.

12. BRUCE80

I hate you guys.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I had a much better 2nd week...1 700+ call and 1 900+ call.

we shall see.

14. BRUCE80

I am glad you lost the BCS game and last night. Cal sux.

15. jfosh

jfosh Super

your day is coming!!!

16. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Week 2 is the most important week in recruiting.......

17. jfosh

jfosh Super

still waiting for the monster call as week 2 passes...cant wait to see week 3

18. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

not expecting much... i will have to go all offensive line next season. I've got 0 on my board above 3 stars. We are going to be thin there in 2 seasons. We need a big year, somehow get to 6 stars. This is not going to be a great class... recruiting at Pitt is not easy, there is no REAL pipeline that is close and we lost Florida. The future (two years down the road) is very uncertain at this point....

19. jfosh

jfosh Super

Sounds like a coach on a tough trail this season....translation Pitt needs "Wins"...A good place to start is Illinois.

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Week 2 Recruiting Notes - Notable Signings

=============== #7 Cal Golden Bears (0-1) ===============

- (****) LOLB Kevin McBride has committed to Cal
    McBride is a slightly overrated, slower than ideal player with good all-around skills. I have him pegged as the 7th best allparound OLB in this class.

- (*****) HB Jay Walker has committed to Cal
    Walker (great name) is one of the two best running backs of this class in my opinion. A great first-week signing by Cal as it frees up an hour of time for the next few weeks. Rumor has it he wasn't too big on this guy but he is an all-around back who will be seeing a lot of playing time in his career. He is the best power runner in this class and the second best running back overall, behind Andre Motley.

=============== #11 Illinois Fighting Illini (1-0) ===============

- (****) MLB Mike Kelly has committed to Illinois
    Not a great class for middle linebackers however Kelly is a very good one, takes good routes to the ball. Rated 10th best MLB as a run stopper.

=============== #10 Stanford Cardinal (1-0) ===============

- (****) ROLB Josh Johnson has committed to Stanford
    Ratings wise, the #6-rated OLB Johnson is rated about right; we have him as the 4th coverage and 4th best all around OLB in the class. However, with his 6'6" height we think he's a bit better than that, this is one nice player. He's the best tackler in the class and comfortable in zone coverage.

=============== USF Bulls (0-0) ===============

- (****) MLB John Hicks has committed to USF
    While his top-end speed leaves something to be desired, Hicks has exceptional quickness and agility. He also takes excellent angles. We hahve the #5-rated OLB listed 5th overall, and the 3rd-best coverage MLB.

21. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Kind of of a crappy recruiting week for Wisconsin. This shit is too hard! I want it back when we could hoard all the kids!

We signed 4 Star DT TJ Stone from Harvey, IL. We need a DTs soon and this guy is ok. He has some nice ratings but his is a bit tall (6'7) for a only weighing in at 280.

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

He will be a monster. Don't worry.

23. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    so helli i finally dropped that RB...he's Texas bound lol.

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL Texas has single-handedly ruined my season on the recruiting trail.

25. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Looks like Cincy is probably going to take both the CBs I was really going after. Son of a bitch!