2014 Recruiting Thread (Season 6)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jdrhammer, Apr 24, 2010.

1. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

2014 Recruiting Thread (Season 6)

Ole Miss nabbed their first recruit in week 1 when Hattiesburg, MS Strong Safety Scott Kemp declared to suit up in the red, blue and grey of the Ole Miss Rebels.

Kemp isn't a burner but is a big-time hitter with great size (6'2" 203 lbs.) who will compete for the starting position when 4-year starter Willie Lowe departs after this season. Kemp looks to be a very smart player whose instincts will make up for a lack of AGI and ACC.

Kemp, like Lowe, is a 5* recruit and the #1 OVR SS. Excellent start for the Rebs.

2. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Ole Miss lands 3* AR WR Curtis Baker. He is 6'5" 198 lbs. Very solid receiving skills and may deserve to be ranked higher. Nice steal for the Rebs. Baker recorded a 4.46 forty-yd dash time.

3. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Ole Miss lands 5* TE Robert Preston from AL. Preston is the #2 TE in the nation giving the SEC the top two TE prospects with the #1 OVR TE going to LSU. Preston is a solid 6'4" 252 and runs a 4.64 40 yd dash with a nice skill-set. Will be in the TE rotation next season.

4. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

yeah I guess he liked you better than me.

5. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Whats weird is I had 2 others visiting and both of their bars were more filled than Preston's and all 3 had a+ visits and he was the only commit even though the others were closer. Who'd have thought it? It's been a while since I've had an A+ visit, much less 3.

6. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

no, thats not entirely true, he use a combo of money, fast cars, and strip clubs to sway him, and he told him no classes during the spring semester(s) all that = +A visits/on spot commitments lol

7. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

dang. can I go play for JDR?

8. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Ole Miss picks up 4th commit of the season. Vince Ridgeway, a 6'3" 281 lbs DT from Louisiana pledged to the Rebels after watching OM beat Notre Dame 42-14 on NBC. Ridgeway runs a 5.00 40 and benchs 450. May need a little time to develop but is a solid pick up. OM loses it's starting DT's.

9. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Just picked up top target, 5* CB Antonio Brown. We'll be counting on him to step in immediately and start at one CB spot. Big things are expected from him.

Also nabbed 4* DT Jeremey Holloway from FL. I was thinking about switching to the 3-4 but I've picked up 2 DT's in the past two wks so it will be 4-3 for the remainder of this OD.

10. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Through 9 weeks, the Gamecock faithful should be pretty excited about the signees thus far.

Nick Evans 5* G(#1)Morgan City, LA
    Chris Brown 5* OLB(#1) Novato, CA
    Kareem Jones 5* DT (#1) Bridge City, LA
    Richard Anderson 4* T (#3) Wilmington, NC

As you can tell, the OBC has targeted the Bayou hard this season landing a sure fire starter from day one in Kareem Jones.

Also pleased with the signing of Chris Brown to jump right in and start, taking over for four year starter Marvin Moore.

11. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Through 9 weeks, the Gamecock faithful should be pretty excited about the signees thus far.

Nick Evans 5* G(#1)Morgan City, LA
    Chris Brown 5* OLB(#1) Novato, CA
    Kareem Jones 5* DT (#1) Bridge City, LA
    Richard Anderson 4* T (#3) Wilmington, NC

As you can tell, the OBC has targeted the Bayou hard this season landing a sure fire starter from day one in Kareem Jones.

Also pleased with the signing of Chris Brown to jump right in and start, taking over for four year starter Marvin Moore.

12. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

hey hey hey!!!!! u just keep ur cocks off my bayou!!! **spits at feet lol

13. fsupenguin

fsupenguin Walk On

The Gators have collected some nice help coming with the #1 players at WR, T, and QB committed right now.
    At least a couple of these T's should be in the mix for evening starting as freshman as there initial grades all look rather impressive.
    Derrick Jacqes 4* T(#4)
    Bruce Mullins 4* T(#8)
    Jeremy Carter 4* T(#1)

There are also three WR's coming to town next season, with plenty of speed and all look to have good hands as well.
    Earl Thomas 3* WR(#32)
    Brian Morgan 4* WR(#14)
    Nick Randle 5* WR(#1)

The top QB in the land is coming to the Gators next season, and has a real chance to play early with his great arm, and the current underclassmen on the roster have failed to impress coach once again this season.
    Greg Jackson 5* QB(#1)

The Gators also have 2 impact players who are likely to be on the field a lot next season, and were 2 of the top 3 targets for the coaching staff since the preseason. A RB who is a JUCO, but has speed and acceleration that the current Gators RB core lacks and will immediately upgrade the offense.
    Josh Roberts 4* RB(#3)

The only defensive players who has signed so far, is also a big one. With the starting SS on his way out this season, and the backup being nothing to write home about this young man has speed and will get to use it right away next season.
    Joe Vincent 4* SS(#10)

14. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

The gators swooped in and took T Jacques, WR Thomas, and SS Vincent right out from under me. They were high on my list.

Signed my first prospect. 5* OLB Joe Smith (#14 overall). Only 5* I will be signing this year. About to land the #2 and #7 DTs, both 4* and both soft commits.

15. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

LOL!

Hey... We've got things going in the right direction and are gonna keep trying to steal all of the talent out of Tiger country we can!

Anything to keep the fans from the old days...
    [​IMG]

16. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

...and our "boosters" will do anything to get us the signees we need...

[​IMG]