Announcement 2014 Redshirts Season Preview

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PAgamer07, Sep 13, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

It's time for Season 3 in the Redshirts, and boy should this be an excellent season. We have a new coach in schreck822 who will be taking over the Northwestern Wildcats, we have our second user national champion in sonn and we have a lot of changes across the league itself.

There have been drastic slider changes this year. Will they satisfy everyone? No. But they will certainly keep the controversy alive. Gone are the days of all users leading the country in completion %, as to be successful setting your feet and actually having some sort of accuracy will be more important. The CPU has been affected by these changes as well. Ground games on both sides will receive a shakeup. Kickoffs will now be more in line with what we are seeing on a typical Saturday, and a few other "subtle" changes.

In addition, I will be imposing harsh penalties this year for those of you who do not contribute with any content throughout the course of the season. A minimum of 2 pieces of content is required for the entire season. A feature that is updated throughout the season such as FOTY or MVP watch or similar will count as 2. Stat articles, or coach interviews or power rankings have to be done at least twice in the season.

Failure to keep up with content as mentioned above will result in the loss of BOTH :5stars: recruits for the following season. In addition, COTY winner will now receive DOUBLE the 5 stars. So will be elligible to sign 4 :5stars: for the season.

And now... time for the previews...

[​IMG]

sonn and his National Champion Ducks return two studs on offense in QB Bryan Bennett and HB De'Anthony Thomas. Both are early Heisman favorites this year. His defense features an excellent secondary which led the nation in INT last year. The Ducks are early favorites to repeat this year.

[​IMG]

The Cal Bears were a huge surprise last year. ryalaman had these boys playing excellent football. Outside of the loss of WR Keenan Allen, the Bears are poised to shock the world this year. Their recruiting class last year was 2nd in the country, and the speed and youth on this team is not to be taken lightly. Can they put up enough points this year? Their 29.4 PPG were 2nd worst in the dynasty.

[​IMG]

The Trojans of USC had a very disappointing year last year. With tough losses to TCU and a dismantling by Notre Dame they have a lot to prove. Highly touted freshman HB Shane Lester looks to add some balance to this offense which had the worst user running game of all teams. Can they win the CPU games and hang in there against Oregon?

[​IMG]

Oh what a disappointing season for the Trees last year. What happened to JohnnyClutch and his normally stout defense? He was middle of the pack this year in points allowed, and there was nothing impressive about the 3-4. It doesnt help that they lose their top 2 Cornerbacks from last year. Reigning Freshman of the Year Eric Schultz should have a fantastic year this year and improve upon his campaign from a year ago. They HAVE to be able to win some user conference games to compete.

[​IMG]

Roll Tide, Roll. This was what was talked about all year by Screwthebcs. His Crimson Tide were this, they were that. But when it counted most they came up short. This year will be a tough one for the TIde. The schedule is the most difficult in the country. They lost their starting QB and Heisman winner Jalston Fowler. The good news is that they have an excellent offensive line and the best Safety tandem in NCAA. Can they finish what they started last year?

[​IMG]

How the Razorbacks did what they did last year is something everyone is wondering. dnf913 gave up 68 points to LSU and somehow won the game. His offense scored nearly a whole TD more than everyone else. They threw for nearly 600 yards more than the next closest team with mediocre talent. And they were 2nd in the dynasty with 61 sacks with a mediocre defense led by a 75 OVR Freshman. Will the commisioner be keeping a closer eye on it? You bet.

[​IMG]

SuperBowlNachos and his fascination with the male genitalia seemed to affect his performance on the field. The Gamecocks started out the season solid, but stumbled at the end. I thought this was the team to beat in the SEC last year. It wasn't. They lose their starting QB in Connor Shaw and all everything HB Marcus Lattimore. They need to shore up this defense this year to compete. They were last in the league in sacks, and second to last in INT. If Nachos can find a playmaker on offense, and get some contributors on defense, it's possible he does something, but right now? I dont like his chances.

[​IMG]

Go Gators. ZCar352 lost two excellent cornerbacks at the end of the year and we do not expect the secondary to be 2nd again in INT. He did not lose anyone significant on offense, and this team is loaded with SEC SPeed. Now that he can recruit 5 stars, expect even more talent to start rolling in. Zac has improved drastically in user games. Can he make a championship appearance this year?

[​IMG]

It's great to see briosu99 back at the top. His Buckeyes are easily the most talented team in the B1G, and this year is no exception. After a devastating loss to Notre Dame in their Bowl Game last year, we expect Brian to be on a mission. Although they lose their top 2 safeties, looking at the rest of the B1G they are favorites again to win the conference.

[​IMG]

After an excellent 2012 campaign, the 2013 season was a tough one for TEClemson53. He thinks his team will be fine this year. I don't. They lost way too much talent in the offseason to be a contender this year. Obviously the loss of Danny O'brien hurts the most, but 17 sacks along the defensive line are also gone. And of course, last year's WR of the Year has also moved on to the NFL. They will be lucky to win 9 games this year.

[​IMG]

Last year was proof positive of what a stud offensive player can do to a team. Michigan felt the loss more than anyone with Denard Robinson gone. They ended the season unranked, and according to their coach AJ Hart MN they are even worse this year. They lost 3 excellent WR, and we have to wonder if they continue with the spread offense. This team is the biggest question mark of all.

[​IMG]

And finally... the fucking new guy. schreck822 takes over in Northwestern. This team is surprisingly talented. And I have to say after playing schreck last year, I really like his chances. They have 3 very good seniors at the skill positions, and on defense All-American SS Ibraheim Campbell looks to be one of the best in the country. The big question is, what sort of skill level in user games will he have in The Redshirts? He will be tested early, with a trip to Alabama. Good luck schreck

And for some bonus material... 2013 end of season team stats:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

So basically my write up is how I couldnt win with my talent without cheating, thats really nice. Thinking I may just run it every play this season.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  3. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I'm pretty sure you don't pay attention lol. I went 9-4 in 2012 and 10-3 in 2013

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Look at that 2nd in both Passing and Rushing yards:cool:

5. PAgamer07

You won the big in 2012 didnt you?

6. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

heck no, I went 4-4 in the conference. Screw won the conference & national championship

7. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

i think he likes to ignore me :(.

8. PAgamer07

LOL. Sorry, yeah thought you had a better season in year 1 than 2

9. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

he's pretty much been junk both seasons :eek: :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

lol, I'll take 10 win seasons every year

11. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Shit, I'll take a 9 win season at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I won my first NC with Texas in year 3 last go around, maybe I will get lucky this year.

13. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

And here I was thinking that 30 ppg was good. I guess my 4 yard passes on every down isn't a big play offense.

14. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I hate your offense. 3 yard dive, 3 yard dive, 4 yard pass, 1st down. Repeat. It was the most mind numbingly painful game every season of the ol Blowup league (may she rest in peace). Can't wait to see it in action again tomorrow.

a9578399_Businessman_Holding_Gun_To_His_Head_While_Smiling_MON098144.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  15. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I've incorporated some 7 yard passes into the offense for when I'm really feeling frisky.

16. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

You think his is boring?

Wait until you play me.