2014 Rookie Grades

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Masler, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

TMFL, it's that time again. Here is the first edition for the 2014 season.

[​IMG]

1) QB Konnor Shepard - 71.6 QBR, 62/119 (52%), 926 yards, 4 TD, 5 INT

For the top pick of the draft I would have expected a bit more than the numbers he is putting up. The only good thing about this kid is he is putting up good yards. But yards don't matter when you are the signal caller and have only been able to deliver one win while barely completing half your passes. Buck up kid or your name will soon join the ranks of Ryan Leaf.

Grade: F

[​IMG]

2) QB Tysaun Madison - 85.4 QBR, 74/145(51%), 1401 yards, 14 TD, 11 INT

The Chiefs have only played 5 games and this kid is averaging around 3 TD passes per game, that is pretty good production. He is in the same boat as Shepard with the inaccuracy and that has lead to him averaging 2 picks a game. Coach Baron has nothing but hope and praise for this kid and I can see the potential but he needs to get the turnovers under control because like said above, yards aren't everything.

Grade: B

[​IMG]

3) LE Rashad Breaud - 15 Tackles, 5 TFL, 3 Sacks

Not a bad player but hasn't really done anything that really stands out in the early season. He has averaged around 3 tackles per game with at least one of them being for a loss. Sacks are sometimes tough to come by in this league and for him to have 3 is pretty good.

Grade: C

[​IMG]

4) WR Jamond Gilchrist - 14 Rec, 292 yards, 20 ypc, 3 TD, 4 Drops, Long of 68

Looks like Bradford has found a new target. He may have more TD if he didn't drop the ball but all Rookies get excited when they see the ball coming their way so a drop per game isn't too horrible but I get the feeling Coach Timpegoose shouldn't have to expect that one drop to come. Looks like this is the boost the Rams' passing game needed, though Bradford has only thrown 3 TD's this season...

Grade: B+

[​IMG]

5) CB Dan Mercado - 7 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 INT

It shows him at 78 overall and the Panthers highest rated CB yet there are three that have better stats than him. Either he isn't being played much or he just isn't producing like he needs to be. I find it tough to judge this kid because most of his tackles probably came off of special teams.

Grade: D

[​IMG]

6) QB Dylan Mullins - 56.4 QBR, 72/177(40%), 1011 yards, 7 TD, 7 INT

The new sliders are really killing the effectiveness of QBs and rightly so. Only the elite QBs should reign supreme from here on out (and even some are struggling). These stats are awful with a low Rating and the lowest completion percentage I have seen in a while. The Cardinals have yet to win a game and plenty of people are pointing fingers at this kid.

Grade: F

[​IMG]

7) WR Mustafa Spain - 26 Rec, 600 yards, 23 ypc, 5 TD, 4 Drops, Long of 77

First off he has a badass first name. Second....120 YPG...this kid is being overlooked by several people due to his youth. Everyone is so focused on Marshall that this Rookie has had a great start to the season and now that he's built a hot streak, I don't think there is much stopping him. Way to take advantage kid, just hold onto the ball a little more.

Grade: A

[​IMG]

8) LOLB Xavier Blissett - 28 Tackles, 7 TFL, 3 Sacks, 1 INT

Wow, talk about a tackling machine. This kid has only 5 games under his belt and is already averaging nearly 6 tackles per game. The Rams, who had a million picks, chose well with this one as he is even able to play decent coverage with a single INT but I won't elaborate on that because that might be his only. Good addition

Grade: B+

[​IMG]

9) CB Najee Amiri - 7 Tackles, 2 TFL, 1 Sack

These are the stats of a nickelback for sure, doesn't look like he gets a whole ton of playtime and it is tough to analyze him. Look like he knows how to tackle but has no stats proving he can play the pass.

Grade: D

[​IMG]

10) LG Dominique Burch - 0 Sacks Allowed, 0 Pancakes

No stats when it comes to an offensive lineman isn't always a bad thing but not really a good thing either. One, it could mean he is doing his job blocking but not flinging the defensive lineman around or two, he just isn't playing. If he is playing he is doing well for I don't think my defense touched Schaub once when I played Houston. But again, tough to grade.

Grade: C

• Like Like x 7
  2. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

He's been the starter since day 1 and even though he hasn't got a pancake he has done a great job holding DTs at bay. Good stuff mas

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

5) CB Dan Mercado - 7 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 INT

It shows him at 78 overall and the Panthers highest rated CB yet there are three that have better stats than him. Either he isn't being played much or he just isn't producing like he needs to be. I find it tough to judge this kid because most of his tackles probably came off of special teams.

He started the first couple games at the #1 CB, but was struggling outside against the other teams #1 WR. He made a few plays but got torched a too much, even when in off coverage. He was squatting on routes, he got away with that in College but not in the TMFL, and got hit over the top and bit on any kind of double move...he loves to look into the backfield at the QB and that's death for a young cb and he got picked on. Roddy White exposed the young man.

So we moved him inside to the nickle and he was playing well, but much like the rest of our team, once he started playing well....he tore a muscle in his abdomen and will be out 8 weeks or some shit. He is a nice tackler and solid in zone...and he has really good size. He will turn into a heck of a CB someday soon. His int was a really nice play and helped seal a win. The thing for Dan is we have three or four rookie CBs who can play and can run...they all see the field in various situations...but we love his size and smarts...dont worry about him, his place is safe in Carolina.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Blissitt and Gilchrist have both been good, but Blissitt has definitely been the more surprising of the 2. He has been everywhere for me.

6. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

First off, great stuff as always Masler.

Second off, I definitely agree with the grade of Madison. The inaccuracy is still a problem as I've been using his XP to pump his toughness because of some rather... malicious threats made against his person *cough* Philstyle3005 *cough* .

That said, most of those picks are my fault, and would have been thrown by Vick himself (or anyone really, I make bad decisions). But Madison is definitely trending upward because he's found his new favorite toy in fellow rookie, TE V.J. Smith. Between Smith, Bowe and Price, it's an embarrassment of riches for him.

Plus he's a great runner as well.

7. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

We're coming for him don't worry. Pats are fully prepared to have draft picks taken away, players suspended because of our intent to injure him. Everyone on the defense has their XP going towards hit power right now!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

You are the worst.