2014 (S2)- Week 1

Discussion in 'The Redshirts' started by PAgamer07, Aug 18, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Advanced. Deadline Tuesday 10 PM. But please be considerate of non-slackers

Welcome to Week 1!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Boilermakers travel to Raleigh to face the NC State Wolfpack (0-0).

=============== #9 Northwestern Wildcats (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Clemson to face the #20 Clemson Tigers (0-0).

=============== #21 Arizona State Sun Devils (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Sun Devils travel to Gainesville to face the Florida Gators (0-0).

=============== California Golden Bears (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Golden Bears travel to Boise to face the Boise State Broncos (0-0).

=============== #19 Michigan State Spartans (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Spartans will host Tennessee (0-0).

=============== Oregon State Beavers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Beavers will host Virginia (0-0).

=============== #16 Washington Huskies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Huskies travel to Stillwater to face the Oklahoma State Cowboys (0-0).

=============== West Virginia Mountaineers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Mountaineers will host #14 Georgia (0-0).

=============== Utah Utes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Utes travel to Logan to face the Utah State Aggies (0-0).

=============== #8 Arizona Wildcats (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wildcats will host UNLV (0-0).

=============== #4 Iowa Hawkeyes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Hawkeyes are idle.

=============== #11 Maryland Terrapins (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Terrapins will host Navy (0-0).

2. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

PAgamer07

I will have all my stuff done when I get home from work tomorrow if you could please wait for me before advancing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Capital One Bowl Revenge
    [​IMG][​IMG]

45 - 42
    ---Morgantown, WV

A rematch from last year's Capital One Bowl. Same score, different winner. A picture is supposed to be worth a 1,000 word summary, so this Video should sum up the game pretty well.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

ASU handles the SEC and Florida 35-24. ASU's defense played quite well in this game considering the talent on Florida's team. They were able to collect 5 sacks from 3 players and 1 INT. QB Mike Eubank lead the offense behind a 5 total TD day but didn't break 200 yds passing or 100 yds rushing. Its Heisman or bust for Mr. Eubank.

5. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Looks like the cheese is strong this week.

6. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Solid video Eric.

I've gotta get me a better capture device. Mine doesn't record in high def. I kind've want one like PA's where I can record the game and then take the SD card to the PC instead of having to run wires across the room EVERY TIME.

Also, we know you did not learn formatting alignment in school

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  7. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Lol did you catch how I loaded the wvu logo in there? Yeah I have to have my laptop hooked up which kind of suck

I'm skeptical of the One's ability to capture. I did editing in IMovie and it takes forever to export to an iMovie from elgato

8. PAgamer07

Nice video eric

9. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I'm playing around 530.

10. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Beavers Pull Away Late
    [​IMG]

Interesting week 1 match up as Virginia traveled across country to face the Beavers of Oregon State. The Oregon State defense looked like they had a clue on Virginia's opening drive and forced a punt, something rare for Beaver fans to witness. For the offense, Sean Mannion & Brandin Cooks were back for more this year. The duo prevailed on the opening drive of the 2014 season and another returning WR Richard Mullaney hauled in an 11 yard TD from Mannion to get on the board 7-0 midway through the opening quarter. Virginia answered right back on there next drive however. QB David Watford & RB's Kevin Parks & Khalek Shepard abused the Oregon State defense. The Beavers stacked the box & blitzed more then Virginia could block but the RB's were able to get out of tackles and bust off big run after big run. Shepard tied the game up late in the quarter with a 7 yard TD run. The two squads held 7-7 into the 2nd quarter.

The 2nd quarter went nuts for both squads. Virginia intercepted Sean Mannion when LB Demeitre Brim jumped high in the air and snagged the Mannion pass. Something Brim never showed a glimpse of while Eidson was the HC at Virginia. The Cavaliers were only able to get a field goal off of the turnover but did lead 10-7. A pissed off Mannion came back out and tore up the Virginia secondary. As they crossed midfield & deep into Virginia territory, Storm Woods replacing an injured Terron Ward took a handoff to the left side and ran untouched 19 yards into the endzone to grab the lead back 14-10. With a little over 3:00 before half, Virginia would bust off big run after big run again and Khalek Shepard put the Cavaliers back on top 17-14. Another Mannion interception early in the next drive to CB DreQuan Hoskey hauled in the pass and returned it inside the Oregon State 5 yard line. It only took 1 play for Watford to find Darius Jennings wide open in the back of the endzone to lead 24-14. Beaver return man Brandin Cooks returned the kickoff just past midfield and looked to be gone until he was ran down by some nobody. It was Cooks again who struck on the big play when the Cavalier safety got lost between two Beaver receivers & Mannion hooked up with Cooks down the sideline for a 50 yard touchdown to go into the half 24-21 Virginia.

The 2nd half was a little more calm for the Beavers defense. They were able to finally start pressuring QB David Watford and making tackles on the Cavalier running backs. An early interception in the back of the endzone put an end to what was a successful Cavalier drive. Oregon State got the lead back when Mannion hooked up with redshirt freshman receiver Jordan Villiamin for the 45 yard score to lead 28-24. Virginia was approaching midfield on there next drive when QB David Watford kept a read option , ran to the outside and avoided one tackler & two other Beaver defenders tripped over each other & Watford strutted down the sideline 53 yard for the TD run to again lead 31-28. That would be all she wrote for the Virginia offense. Oregon State marched down the field again with a balanced offense and Mannion tossed his 4th touchdown of the game again to WR Richard Mullaney to go into the 4th leading 35-31.

The 4th quarter was an ugly one for Virginia. They punted more in the 4th then they did the other 3 quarters and the one successful drive resulted in a fumbled snap (I guess that's wtf happened?) that the Beavers recovered on their own 5 yard line. The offensive side of things for Oregon State took off, Mannion hit Brandin Cooks off a play action for a 32 yard touchdown, Storm Woods ran in a late score off a Virginia turnover & kicker Garrett Owens booted through a short field goal to turn a close game into a rout 52-31 Beaver victory.
    Stats
    [​IMG]
    QB Sean Mannion: 21/32, 344 Yards, 5 TD, 2 INT
    RB Storm Woods: 20 Att, 136 Yards, 2 TD
    WR Brandin Cooks: 9 Rec, 169 Yards, 2 TD
    LE Dylan Wynn: 5 Tackles, 2 Sacks

[​IMG]
    QB David Watford: 19/25, 193 Yards, TD, INT (12 Att, 56 Yards, TD)
    RB Kevin Parks: 24 Att, 128 Yards
    WR Darius Jennings: 4 Rec, 33 Yards, TD
    LB Demeitre Brim: 6 Tackles, INT

Highlights

11. PAgamer07

Thought you were going with someone else as starting HB?

12. PAgamer07

Purdue somehow beats NC State on a last second FG 31-28. We couldnt run, we couldnt pass block (4 sacks allowed) and we really couldnt do much on offense. Time of possession was key and new #2 WR Cameron Posey were keys as he was open all game, accounting for 200 yards receiving. No one else could get open in this one. Danny Eitling barely got the ball off as he was under immense pressure. We will be lucky to win 5 games this year...

• Like Like x 2
  13. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

@3:37 :facepalm: that pass rush...

14. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

read dat recap mah man

Ward got blasted on like 3 straight hits. I actually was laughing they were so hard. He'll be back vs Northwestern Week 2

15. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Thanks......

16. PAgamer07

I need to learn to read :)

17. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    or lack thereof...fuckers playing pattycake...i messed up the coverage though.

18. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

19. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

MSU 49 - Tennessee 45

Game was ridiculous. Neither I or the cpu could play defense at all. I had 684 yards of offense to Tennesssee's 537 yards and we scored 28 and 21 pts in the 2nd quarter respectively. Tennessee's QB Worley was 36-44 461 yds 5 tds. My QB was 24/33 496 4 tds and 3 ints. 1 of the ints was my fault, the other two were amazing 6' vertical jumps by MLB's...crazy.

Nick Hill ran 34 times for 142 yards and 1 td. His backup Jeremy Lang ran 5 times for 42 yards. I'm going to run the ball 50 times a game from here on out.

We move to 1-0 and have a bye next week.

I think we should take a look at the defense both that the cpu plays and our defense plays. Games like this aren't really realistic with two teams like this really. Just my humble opinion. It looks like alot of people had games like this.

20. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

the game/sliders are just broken, esp in pass coverage. in my offline i have qb tha at 5 and pass D at 100 and things are still open.

21. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I don't know how much I agree with that as blanket statement. I think it certainly can feel that way at times but I've played slider sets that allow for defense and keep things somewhat realistic. I dunno. What do I know anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  22. sonn

sonn Walk On

Cal 38 Boise St. 24
    WR Chris Harper started the 2014 season with a bang with 177 yards receiving thanks to a pair of 75 yard touchdown receptions. The defense played fairly well in the 2nd and 3rd quarters led by Gabe King who finished the game with 2 sacks.

23. PAgamer07

I'm working on it. Trust me. I made more changes before passing it to trey. We'll see how they work

24. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    you used to be Dr. Commish

• Like Like x 1
  25. PAgamer07

Part of it is the game though honestly. Its a lot different this year. Ill get it figured out. Im hoping the patch helps too.