2014 (S2)- Week 2

Discussion in 'The Redshirts' started by TEClemson53, Aug 20, 2013.

1. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

We're not advanced from week 1 yet. Just wanted to get a GOTW up.​

[​IMG]

It's been a hot minute since we've seen one of these but we've got some down time due to the danger in can openers. We had some big numbers thrown up week 1 in most of all of our games. It took awhile to even decide on "Players Of The Week" awards. I think I had a list of about 15 players & had to trim it to 5. All on the offensive side of the ball. We're going to feature two user/user games this week. Before we jump to those we'll recap what went on in week 1.

Our highest ranked team is Iowa at #4. They will start there season this week vs #1 Alabama.... lol, it will be a rematch of the bowl game in which Iowa won 28-21 with an interim coach. At #8 we have the defending Pac-12 Champions & Rose Bowl winning Arizona Wildcats. Kadeem Carey, "Carried" this team to victory with a huge rushing number off limited carries but Arizona put a whooping on UNLV 56-7. After that we have another pair of Wildcats, Northwestern and coach Schreck sitting at #9. Schreck still hasn't played as I write this but I hope the Wildcats can avoid the sharp edged cans located in Death Valley South Carolina as he will play #20 Clemson Week 1 and then host myself and the Oregon State Beavers week 2.

#11 Maryland , wait #11 ? Week 1 and ranked #11? Dafuq. They will move up most likely with the raping of Navy. It's disrespectful to beat up & abuse the fellows who defend this country. #16 ole Coach Adams has Washington back in the Top 25 this year. They got out to a rocky start in the season opener vs Oklahoma State but ultimately pulled away late in the game to a 49-34 victory. Michigan State is looking bounce back after a horrible season in Coach Smith's standards. They have the talent all over the place but made critical late game mistakes last season. This could be a team to watch out for in the B1G. They kicked off the season with a win over SEC Tennessee 49-45.

The last few stragglers in the league, #22 Arizona State rode Michael Eubanks past the SEC's Florida, Oregon State battled with Virginia for about 2.5 quarters until the Beavers made it ugly. Purdue struggled with NC State but came away victorious on a late field goal 31-28. The Boilermakers will need to find some targets at wide out if they stand a chance this year. The OL can't block long enough to get the run game going. Utah beat in state rival Utah State 38-21, Cal knocked off Boise State who might not sound tough but the Broncos are usually a pain in the ass and the Bears were able to contain the Boise State offense and prevail 38-24. Our only team that took an L in week 1 was West Virginia. The defense couldn't do anything with Georgia's offense and faltered 45-42. Now in Week 2, like I said we'll see #1 and #4 battle. Iowa travels into Tuscaloosa which is NEVER easy. Definitely a true test to see what Iowa is made of. Screw/Maverick gets an early season test. He passed the Florida Gators and now will get the #17 Virginia Tech Hokies. Maybe the schedule maker hates you?

I'm glad to see Purdue with a tough team on there schedule. They might have went a little overboard with the criticism from the country of there weak schedule though. They're going to travel into South Bend and face #2 Notre Dame? Are you kidding me? Good effing luck with that FCS o-line you have in Purdue. We might see Danny Etling's future go up in smoke if he's broken in half. West Virginia will look to rebound after the Georgia loss, they'll face rival Marshall. That's a cute little rival you got there Eric. For SuperBowlNachos, he'll host South Florida. The Ute's look a lot better this year but they've got to avoid losing games like this. A 2-0 start for Utah could go a long way with the history of Nacho's success after he gets a year or so under his belt at a school.

I'm not sure what else we got, Washington/Auburn will square off. I don't know much about Auburn. I think they tinkered in the rankings last season around 15th but lost some late games in the season and we never heard of them again. I'm expecting a no huddle attack with a bunch of running & that's not really Coach Adam's favorite thing to defend. Our two user games are what we will feature below on who to watch. Cal/Arizona will start conference play extremely early this year. Neither knows a whole hell of a lot about there teams. I know for Cal you've got to slow down QB Zack Kline & WR Chris Harper. For Arizona, you need to contain Scroggins & Kaddem Carey.

In the Oregon State/Northwestern match up, obviously Northwestern will utilize the hell out of Kyle Prater. How do you guard this big man ? For Oregon State, they have a wide out to defend but he's no where near as tall as Prater. Brandin Cooks gets a lot of attention but so does the two kids in the back field. Should be a barn burner of a Pac-12 / B1G match up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Week 1 Players Of The Week
    [​IMG]

Week 2 Predictions
    [​IMG]

Any typo's or graphic mistakes? Don't care, kiss my ass. Good luck in week 2 assholes

• Like Like x 5
  2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Awesome stuff man! Love the pics for coaches picks of the week. Notre Dame is going to go all catholic priest on me

• Like Like x 1
  3. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

trey is my vote for COTY 2014.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Old skool.

5. sonn

sonn Walk On

Fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Trey, seriously, awesome.

7. BDSDIGITAL

lol, wtf is this?

upload_2013-8-20_23-27-1.png upload_2013-8-20_23-27-1.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. PAgamer07

Notre Dame wins the Shillelagh Trophy for the 38th time. Due to an unforseen schedule snafu, this game which had occurred annually since 1946, did not occur last season. Purdue was probably happy it didn't.

Notre Dame just had too much talent in this one. Everett Golston threw for 374 and 3 TD. HB George Adkinson rushed for 132 yards and 1 TD. WR Chris Brown was uncoverable and blew by our defenders all game. He had 6 catches for 175 yards and 1 TD. And TE Ben Koyack kept moving the sticks and had 6 catches for 75 yards and a TD.

Although we got beaten 48-37, we were happy with a couple areas in this one. We were able to have some solid runs and found a lot of holes in the Domers' 3-4 scheme. With only being sacked 2 times in 49 drop backs, we couldn't have been happier. The quicker passing game implemented in the offseason seems to be paying dividends. And finally, we were able to get our own pressure on Golston, sacking him 6 times.

Looking forward to the rematch next year with a bit more experience in the secondary.

9. BDSDIGITAL

How do you get so many sacks?

10. PAgamer07

I user the DE and have the finesse moves and power moves down pretty good. But for the first time in awhile, my linebackers got to the QB on some blitzes. That wasnt happening pre-patch. The guy I usered only had 2. It's really a matchup thing too. Against good Tackles, I cant beat them and have to play as the DT.

11. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Lost to Alabama 55-3

PAgamer07

Who gets to play them there first game next year? My vote is Purdue.

• Like Like x 3
  12. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

#2 in the nation needs competition.

13. PAgamer07

Lol. I played #2 Notre Dame. Same thing :)

14. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    WVU Beats Red Headed StepChild Marshall
    38 - 6
    Buie was out for a quarter and a half so his stats were not Raj like :) Videos will be shown in the redshirts week 2 Summary.

If you did't upload a video to the wire..... this is for you

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  15. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

[​IMG]0-0 (0-0) vs 1-0 (0-0) #16[​IMG]
    9/6/14 10:00pm
    Another game, another spread no huddle offense for the Huskies to face. I believe this is the fifth game in a row with the no huddle and coach CM Clutch believes it is ruining the college football product. Auburn would show they have no qualms with using the no huddle on fourth down as they went for it from the Washington 21 yard line. The Tigers needed a yard and ended up getting six on a Tre Mason run. This lead to a 10 yard touchdown reception by TE Fulse a couple plays later. Washington would move down the field on their first drive thanks to the running attack but it would be a pass to halfback Jesse Callier that would tie the game up at seven.

That same running game would lead to UW taking the lead early in the second when Bishop Sankey plowed through two defenders at the goal line to a cap of a four yard run. The Husky defense did something they have been lacking since Clutch took over, force a three and out. While not being able to go three for three on drives ending with TDs, Washington did get a 24 yard field goal by Durkee to end their third drive. Auburn would match the field goal with one of their own from 42 yards out. Before the half ended Durkee would connect on a 43 yard field goal to make it 20-10.

The third quarter would be highlighted by defense. Washington would only have one scoring drive, which was a motion jet sweep QB keeper that Cyler Miles took in from three yards out. The Tigers would be less fortunate and not score at all in the quarter. Not only did they not score, the War Eagle failed to achieve a first down twice.

Washington was looking to secure up the game for good by scoring a touchdown to begin the fourth but Auburn safety Smith would make a great dive in front of the wide receiver to pick the pass off at the one yard line. The offense would not capitalize and Auburn would eventually punt. The Huskies would get the touchdown reception on their next drive on a 14 yard catch be Campbell. Auburn was looking like they were showing some life late but their WR would drop a wide open streak on a fourth and 14 from their own 21 yard line. Durkee would get a third field goal on the day with Washington winning easily 37-10.

[​IMG]
    J. Wallace: 11/20 132-Yds 1-TD
    T. Mason: 14-Att 55-Yds, 3-Rec 27-Yds
    B. Fulse: 4-Rec 30-Yds 1-TD

[​IMG]
    C. Miles: 22/31 258-Yds 2-TD 1-INT, 1 Rushing TD
    B. Sankey: 19-Att 101-Yds 1-TD, 6-Rec 65-Yds
    A. Seferian-Jenkins: 8-Rec 90-Yds

16. PAgamer07

JohnnyClutch would you agree that the defensive AI seems to be reacting better?

17. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Zac lost 55-3 what do you think ole man :)

18. JohnnyClutch

Yes. The defense played tighter and the defenders played smarter. The defenders would make breaks on the ball where as in the past it seemed like they would allow the catch before attempting to do anything. More read and reacting than allowing things to happen and then deciding maybe they should attempt a tackle.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PAgamer07

Yeah, I agree with that assessment. I certainly cannot pass the ball as easily anymore. Danny Etling is in a huge slump right now. Threw 4 picks vs Minnesota.

20. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    I'm grouchy as shit this morning. I want to be an astronaut so I don't have to deal with ppl

21. JohnnyClutch

Yeah Sankey and Callier couldn't run as freely as they used too. That could also be attributed to Auburn having 2 90 Overall DTs on their line.

22. PAgamer07

You should know ratings don't matter

• Like Like x 1
  23. JohnnyClutch

Especially when they don't go in your favor. ;)

24. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Alabama >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Notre Dame

25. PAgamer07

Technically you were supposed to play them last year and didn't and therefore got your 5th star. I thought it was only fair you play them for real this time ;)