2014 (S2)- Week 3

Discussion in 'The Redshirts' started by TEClemson53, Aug 21, 2013.

1. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Advanced

• Like Like x 1
  2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Purdue lost 48-37 against Notre Dame (2-0).
    This week, the Boilermakers travel to Minneapolis to face the Minnesota Golden Gophers (1-0).

=============== #8 Northwestern Wildcats (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Northwestern won 27-14 against Oregon State (1-1).
    This week, the Wildcats will host #10 Maryland (1-0).

=============== #18 Arizona State Sun Devils (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Arizona State won 42-35 against Virginia Tech (0-2).
    This week, the Sun Devils will host California (1-1).

=============== California Golden Bears (1-1) ===============
    Last week, California lost 38-24 against Arizona (2-0).
    This week, the Golden Bears travel to Tempe to face the #18 Arizona State Sun Devils (2-0).

=============== #17 Michigan State Spartans (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Spartans were idle.
    This week, the Spartans travel to Morgantown to face the West Virginia Mountaineers (1-1).

=============== Oregon State Beavers (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State lost 27-14 against Northwestern (2-0).
    This week, the Beavers travel to Stanford to face the Stanford Cardinal (0-0).

=============== #16 Washington Huskies (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Washington won 37-10 against Auburn (0-1).
    This week, the Huskies travel to Pasadena to face the UCLA Bruins (0-1).

=============== West Virginia Mountaineers (1-1) ===============
    Last week, West Virginia won 38-6 against Marshall (0-2).
    This week, the Mountaineers will host #17 Michigan State (1-0).

=============== #25 Utah Utes (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Utah won 35-28 against USF (0-1).
    This week, the Utes will host #11 Georgia Tech (1-0).

=============== #7 Arizona Wildcats (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 38-24 against California (1-1).
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Norman to face the #5 Oklahoma Sooners (1-0).

=============== #12 Iowa Hawkeyes (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa lost 55-3 against Alabama (1-0).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host Iowa State (0-1).

=============== #10 Maryland Terrapins (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Terrapins were idle.
    This week, the Terrapins travel to Evanston to face the #8 Northwestern Wildcats (2-0).

3. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Was going to post that but did not know if Trey was posting up a GoTW this morning or not.

4. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

no, I don't do GOTW's when we advance at night because by the time I can do GOTW, half of us have already got our games done.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PAgamer07

Dont we always advance at night?

6. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

After an embarrassing showing vs Northwestern, Oregon State was on the road once again this time at Stanford to open Pac-12 play. The Beavers took the opening possession and marched right down the field with little to no problem. The drive ended with a Terron Ward touchdown run to give the Beavers an early 7-0 lead. Stanford QB Kevin Hogan had tossed an interception to OLB James Jaswha. However, Oregon State didn't move the chains & gave it right back. The Cardinal marched down the field this time and booted through a field goal to trail 7-3 after the 1st. The 2nd quarter seemed as if Oregon State would run away with this one. The Beavers forced a few punts, which is rare with the Tom Brady quarterback's at every college across the country. Sean Mannion tossed a touchdown to Brandin Cooks early in the quarter to lead 14-3. Stanford then turned into the San Diego Chargers and did nothing but throw to there running back's RaiderNation style. After I got pissed off and man pressed, of course they ran a streak that left WR Kelsey Young wide open while my corner was still fucking around at the line of scrimmage because of course that's what user corners do, while the CPU corners are draped all over my WR's.

After giving up a touchdown, I was pissed of course and threw an interception to some jackass, luckily Stanford gave it right back on the next play. Marched down the field and scored 4 seconds before the half on a 34 yard comeback to Brandin Cooks but there was no "comeback" part because the Stanford CB was running the route better then Cooks. Luckily Mannion tossed it like Cooks was running a streak and into the endzone we went.
    The 3rd quarter made me want to break my xbox, snap the disc and tell PA to find me a replacement. In a matter of the 2nd half opening kick and 3 minutes into the half, the Beavers had watched a 21-10 lead vanish.

Stanford TE Luke Kaumatule , wearing #99 which confused the hell out of me hauled in an 11 yard touchdown to get within 21-17, then a Sean Mannion interception to a linebacker who glitched about 15 feet across the screen to get the interception gave the Cardinal great field position and then Barry Sanders Jr went in from 4 yards out. The big play of the drive was , you guessed it, a check down to Sanders who slipped through 3 tackles and ran down the field.

The 4th quarter saw a bunch of pissed of players for Oregon State. Mannion, Terron Ward and Brandin Cooks moved the offense down the field and tied things up at 24 early in the quarter. But, Kevin Hogan continued to play lights out. Midway through the 4th quarter, Hogan was 16/18 with 2 INT's..... yes none of his passes touched the ground. God damn amazing if you ask me. Down the field they went and Kodi Whitfield hauled in a 7 yard touchdown to lead 31-24. Oregon State kept things on the ground most of the next drive to avoid the Darrelle Revis' of the world on Stanford's squad. Terron Ward moved the chains time & time again and tied the game at 31 with a little under 2:00 remaining. Kevin Hogan shit the bed and tossed another interception to OLB James Jaswha, his 2nd of the game. Oregon State told EA Sports, the sliders & Stanford to suck some Beaver dick when Mannion threw his 3rd touchdown to Brandin Cooks to lead 38-31. A bunch've dropped streaks at the end make Hogan's completions/attempts go down but they were right on the money for wide open streaks that most likely would've tied the game but they were dropped and Oregon State escapes the horse shit 38-31.
    [​IMG]
    QB Sean Mannion: 24/36, 315 Yards, 3 TD, 2 INT
    HB Terron Ward: 21 Att, 132 Yards, 2 TD
    WR Brandin Cooks: 10 Rec, 117 Yards, 3 TD
    LB James Jaswha: 5 Tackles , 2 INT

[​IMG]
    QB Kevin Hogan: 19/27, 304 Yards, 2 TD, 3 INT
    RB Barry Sanders: 7 Att, 21 Yards, TD
    WR Kelsey Young: 3 Rec, 56 Yards, TD
    CB Wayne Lyons: 4 Tackles, INT

• Like Like x 1
  7. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

no. most of the first season was you advancing in the mornings.

8. PAgamer07

Lot of user games last night. Let's hear about them!!

9. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Mine made me want to never play NCAA again. Sound good to you ?

10. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

upload_2013-8-22_11-51-11.png

upload_2013-8-22_11-51-38.png

Wildcats Win Wild Won
    [​IMG]
    No other way to explain this game but crazy, an up and down, back and forth mess of a roller coaster of emotions. I laughed, I cried, I jumped, I screamed, I cried some more, then I did an ah fu-YESSS! You know, one of those games. It all started innocently enough, with Maryland taking the opening kick off and making one of their patented long methodical drives down to the red zone. Fortunately, the NW D stiffened up to plug the holes and keep the Mary's out of the EZ, settling for the short 25 yard FG. The 'Cats took the ball and went on the offensive, with a good mix of run and pass. Generally little used TE Dan Vitale really stepped up on this drive with a few nice catches over the middle, finally ending the drive with an 8 yard TD catch. On Maryland's possession, an ill-advised pass led to an NW pick and a chance to pad the lead. Obviously that meant we threw our own ill-advised pick, killing the opportunity and great field position.

Despite that, NW's D held strong and forced a punt, and the NW offense again went on the move. This time we got all the way inside the 5 yard line for a 1st and goal. On first down, backup RB Jordan Perkins, filling in for starter Treyvon Green who Trey apparently injured in garbage time of our game since he's racist, took the handoff and darted for the end zone. Raj had other ideas, and met him with a big ol' hit, jarring the ball loose, and right into the waiting arms of OLB Matt Robinson, who was happy to moonwalk 93 yards for the potentially game changing play. It was a huge 14 point swing on one play, and gave Maryland a 10-7 lead instead of a probable 14-3 deficit.

Following that kick to the balls, NW's sacked up and went back to work. Simien brought the team down the field again, and this time found All-World WR Kyle Prater in the deep corner of the end zone for a big 18 yard TD over 2 defenders. That brought NW to a 14-10 lead with just over 2 minutes in the half. The Mary's weren't able to get much going though, and were forced to punt with just under a minute in the half. NW took advantage, and was able to get in field goal range, kicking the 35 yarder as time expired to go up 17-10 at the half.

NW started the 3rd with the ball, and a huge opportunity to take a 2 score lead. The Maryland D really stepped up though, and stuffed a 3rd and short run to force the punt. Both D's tightened up a bit from there, making a several stops and holding both teams scoreless through the 3rd qtr. Maryland finally broke through though, and tore off a big play or two, to end up scoring when QB Ricardo Young found HB Brandon Ross for the 9 yard TD. Their D again forced an NW punt, they were able to drive again for the go ahead score. They used a little trickeration by lining HB Ross up in the Wildcat, rolling out and finding TE PJ Gallo in some tight coverage for the 13 yard TD to go up 24-17 late with just over 2 minutes left in the game. It was gut check time for NW, who had been incredibly bad all second half. Simien made a few huge throws to bring the 'Cats down the field, and ultimately into the red zone at about the 14. We made it down to the 7 on first down, and promptly threw a few incompletes. That brought it to 4th and 3 from the 7. Simien dropped back, saw nothing, I panicked, and frankly I am not sure if I knew what button I was hitting when I threw, I just knew I had to get rid of it. Luckily, Christian Jones made a crazy good catch in double/triple coverage for the tying score.

In OT, NW won the toss and defended. On the very first play, Maryland tried a pass in the middle, and my defender jumped in front of the receiver for the pick. After 2 quick runs up the middle for better position, freshmen kicker Blake Davis drilled the 34 yard game winner. Great game ryalaman, we both deserved to win this game at various points, then both deserved to lose it, I just got lucky to pull it off at the end.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  11. PAgamer07

That was an awesome recap... A shame the video is effed up.

Love this quote " filling in for starter Treyvon Green who Trey apparently injured in garbage time of our game since he's racist"

Also interesting that there was a running back fumble. Havent seen a single one in both ODs

*edit* NM video is fixed :")

12. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

It wasn't that bad, I mean I had fun.

Michael-Scott-Pretends-to-Walk-Down-Stairs.gif

• Like Like x 2
  13. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

The vids aren't coming through? Showing up for me fine. They are on the wire if these ones are screwy. But yeah, that fumble had me pretty pissed, haven't seen that much at all, let alone inside the 5.

14. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

haha yeah I don't doubt it.

Treyvon was only banged up like "2 quarters" when it came up. If your team didn't go retard no huddle after we disco'd and kept running screens & check downs to the poor kid he wouldn't have kept getting blasted.

• Like Like x 1
  15. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I tried checking coach settings, couldn't find where the tempo is to make sure it wasn't set for no huddle. I could swear you can change that somewhere, but no idea.

16. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

yea soon as I continued vs the CPU, your team couldn't stop the run or block my DL . Almost like I was playing on varsity mode. It wasn't no huddle every time, kind've like a mix. It was sad with chew clock on the entire 2nd half that I was busting off 10-15 yard runs. I was on your 1 yard line at the end but I didn't want to make it 27-21. 27-14 is reasonable with the rape job you were putting on. 27-21 looks too close. lol

17. PAgamer07

fuck that. ill hang 70 on CPU NW all day

18. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

haha, that would've been fucked up as hell for him to be winning 27-0 and disco & I comeback and win vs the CPU.

19. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

[​IMG]#16 2-0 (0-0) @ 0-1 (0-0)[​IMG]
    9/13/14 12:30pm
    UCLA Stadium
    Week three is upon us and Washington is set to open conference play against California-Los Angeles. The Huskies were looking to continue their winning ways this season while UCLA was looking to get their first win. The offense was looking good on the first drive to open the game but then the Bruins defense stepped up and Durkee would come in to connect on a 28 yard field goal. The Bruins offense would look even better on their opening drive and QB Hundley would scramble in from 10 yards out. Hundley would end up having a monster game as evident by running 37 yards for another touchdown on the first play after Cyler Miles threw an interception. Washington would get their first TD of the game on a 18 yard run by Bishop Sankey which featured jukes and broken tackles.

UCLA would go for it on a fourth and three from the Husky 31 yard line. Hundley would find Malcom Jones but he would step out of bounds before turning up field. Washington could not capitalize as they went three and out. Hundley would go beast mode again and get another touchdown on an 11 yard run. Miles decided it was his time to get in on the TD game so he would run up a humongous created by the left tackle throwing a monster block on the safety. Durkee would connect on his second field goal of the game, this one from 50, to make the game 21-20 at the half.

The defensive adjustments at the half would work for the Huskies as they forced a three and out to open the second half. Washington would regain the lead thanks to a long 66 yard run by Cyler Miles. The Bruins would get three on their next drive with a 29 yard field goal. After pitching the ball to Jesse Callier, Miles would take a hit and leave the game. It would later be announced that he suffered a sprained elbow and will be out for a week. This drive would end with a 48 yard field goal by Durkee.

Early in the fourth would see a play of the week candidate as wide receiver Micken would jump up in the air to catch a pass. While in the air he would be hit in the back but would shake of the tackle and go 46 yards for the score. The two point conversion would be successful to put the Huskies up 14. UCLA would go for another fourth down conversion. This time they would need six yards. They got 10 when Fuller clearly caught a pass out of bounds. This would lead to a Hundley two yard TD run a few plays later. Durkee would connect on his fourth field goal late in the game to give Washington a 10 point victory 41-31.

[​IMG]
    C. Miles: 12/17 70% 151-Yds 1-INT, 7-Att 96-Yds 2-TD
    B. Sankey: 21-Att 109-Yds 1-TD, 4-Rec 43-Yds
    D. Campbell: 4-Rec 76-Yds

[​IMG]
    B. Hundley: 22/28 78% 234-Yds, 11-Att 82-Yds 4-TD
    M. Jones: 15-Att 68-Yds, 6-Rec 45-Yds
    K. Walker: 6-Rec 46-Yds

• Like Like x 1
  20. PAgamer07

We didn't advance? Who's the slacker

21. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Brian wasn't available last night we are supposed to play when I get home from work today

22. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

The Redshirts

Someone text me tonight when we need to be advanced.

23. PAgamer07

Longest advance ever

24. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Oh it is not <insert drama gif>

25. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Longest advance ever was when Schreck beat up his wife for making him a bad dinner an then he said she ran into a door knob