2014 (S2)- Week 5

Discussion in 'The Redshirts' started by TEClemson53, Aug 25, 2013.

1. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

The Redshirts

Advanced. See it ain't so hard. Just had to give some guys a little kick in the ass. (y)

2. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    California (2-2) vs Colorado (3-1)

Last week, the Golden Bears won 27-10 vs. Utah (2-2)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by California targets.

Oregon State (2-1) at #11 Kansas State (2-0)

Last week, the Beavers had a bye week

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Oregon State targets.

#23 Arizona State (3-1) at Baylor (2-0)

Last week, the Sun Devils lost 49-42 at Maryland (2-1)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Arizona State targets.

Purdue (2-2)has a bye week

Last week, the Boilermakers lost 31-24 vs. Northwestern (4-0)

In recruiting news, the following Purdue targets announced their decisions:

FS Victor Cox Pur
    FB Marcus Barbour Pur

Utah (2-2)has a bye week

Last week, the Utes lost 27-10 at California (2-2)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Utah targets.

#20 West Virginia (2-1) at #12 Iowa (2-1)

Last week, the Mountaineers had a bye week

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by West Virginia targets.

#6 Northwestern (4-0) at Michigan (1-1)

Last week, the Wildcats won 31-24 at Purdue (2-2)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Northwestern targets.

#4 Arizona (3-0) at #16 Michigan State (2-1)

Last week, the Wildcats had a bye week

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Arizona targets.

#15 Maryland (2-1) vs Nebraska (3-1)

Last week, the Terrapins won 49-42 vs. Arizona State (3-1)

In recruiting news, the following Maryland targets announced their decisions:

FS Victor Cox Pur
    FB Tim Reed Terps

#12 Iowa (2-1) vs #20 West Virginia (2-1)

Last week, the Hawkeyes won 26-21 at Indiana (2-1)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Iowa targets.

#14 Washington (4-0)has a bye week

Last week, the Huskies won 65-0 vs. UNLV (0-3)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Washington targets.

#16 Michigan State (2-1) vs #4 Arizona (3-0)

Last week, the Spartans won 31-21 vs. Notre Dame (3-1)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Michigan State targets.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Andddd I've got a bye. :(

4. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    tuesday is only 2 days away....(y)

5. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

We advance yet?

• Like Like x 1
  6. PAgamer07

The Redshirts hopefully you are all aware of the XP glitch, where a new user or a user who has rejoined will possibly not be able to gain XP.

For season 3- those of you who are not considered "safe" in terms of your coaching contract will be given the easiest possible schedule so that you do not get fired. Restarting is the last thing I want to do, and I will do everything in my power to make sure no one gets fired. In addition, if someone leaves the OD, we will not be able to add a new member. Oh yeah.. and if you leave, you won't be allowed back for next year's game.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    I gotta wait for zac to get home tomorrow afternoon

8. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Let the conspiracy theories begin!

• Like Like x 1
  9. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Next years game ..... HA! There ain't one

• Like Like x 1
  10. PAgamer07

They've already announced there will be.

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

[​IMG] [​IMG]#16 Michigan State 28 @ #4 Arizona 21

This was a crazy night game in the desert.

Coming off that huge win over #2 Notre Dame, we traveled to Tuscon to face #4 Arizona in a renewal of a very old rivalry between Papa Perry and I. We've probably played 2 dozen times. He usually wins, but I sneek up on him once in a while and I think this was one of those times.

After the loss to WVU, we realized that we had lost our way a bit. We have been trying to be a little too cute on offense, trying to air it out and that's not what I do. So against ND we ran...alot, and we did the same thing against Arizona.

Arizona started off the scoring with a Ka'Deem Cary 10 yd td run in the 1st quarter to take the 7-0 lead. Cary ran for 3 td's on the day, although the yards weren't really there.

The Arizona defense was dominant for the first quarter and a half, not giving up a single positive yard or first down for the for 1 1/2 quarters, but we started moving the ball in the 2nd quarter with a decent mix of run and pass, and some well timed quick routes. Arizona missed about 3 interceptions this game that they could have had.

We scored late in the 2nd quarter on a 5 yard pass from Cook to Gleichert to tie the game at 7 and it stayed tied at 7 at the half. We started the 2nd half on a long drive that killed about 5 minutes of clock and ended with a 2 yd td run by Jeremy Langford to take a 14-7 lead. We would score another td early in the 4th quarter to take a 21-7 lead and it really looked like we had this one in the bag. The Arizona offense was stuck in the mud, our offense was running with deadly efficiency.

We ended up pinning Arizona back on their own 1 yard line with about 5 minutes to go and forced them into a 4th and 6 from their own 5 yard line. They decided to go for it. It was a gutsy decision, but the way that game was going it's hard to argue. He converted it and it all started to come unraveled. Arizona marched down the field and scored with about 2:49 to go to cut the lead to 21-14. Arizona got a HUGE stop on a 3rd and 1 stretch play that would have allowed me to kill the clock and forced me to punt. They took the ball back down the field and scored again with 35 seconds left and kicked the XP to tie the game at 21 and it looked like we were going to overtime, with Arizona having all of the momentum.

I took a knee on the kickoff so I started from the 20. My first play was a seam route for about 15 yards. We called a time out and called a deep in for Keith Mumphrey, he caught it, changed direction and out ran the defense for a 66 yard td to take the lead 28-21 with 17 seconds to go. Arizona got the ball back, took a few cracks to get into the endzone to no avail, and we escape Tuscon with a 28-21 win.

The winning play is on dynasty wire, for some reason it's not in my easportsworld page..

gg perry. It was good to play you again.

Michigan State

Connor cook 15-18 271 2 td 0 ints (no turnovers in the last 7 quarters of play)

Nick Hill 23 - 73 yds
    Langford and Bulloug both ran for a td

Keith Mumphrey 5 rec 141 1 td
    Andrew Gleichert 4 - 61 - 1 td

E. Davis - 2 ints

Arizona

Scroggins 11/20 112 yds 2 ints and was benched in the 2nd half
    J. Allen 10/14 190 yds 1 int

Cary 13 runs 49 yds 3 td

Wharton 6 - 112

Next week we play Illinois and then we have a bye week before starting a 3 game road trip @ Iowa, @ Purdue and @ Michigan that will define our season. This win was our second straight win over a top 5 team.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  12. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

What's A Punter?
    [​IMG]
    #11 Kansas State @ Oregon State
    - 1st Quarter -
    Not a single lick of defense was played in the opening quarter of this one. Kansas State opened the game with the rock and it only took 1 play to go 75 yards and a score. Wildcats running back DeMarcus Robinson took the handoff and watched all the Oregon State Beaver defenders take bad angles or run directly into blocks giving Robinson plenty of running room for the score. The Beavers QB Sean Mannion started the game a perfect 5/5 and the Beavers marched down the field. Running back Terron Ward and Storm Woods weren't able to get going early in the game. They were met in the backfield often. Mannion put the team on his back and tossed 3 first quarter touchdowns of 10 yards, 49 yards and 5 yards. Two of them to WR Richard Mullaney and one to TE Connor Hamlett. At the same time, Kansas State continued to run it down Oregon State's throat and hit em with the occasional play action. Wildcat QB Jake Waters to Steven West from 6 yards out for there 2nd score of the ball game. Oregon State led 21-14 after the first.

- 2nd Quarter -
    Oregon State started to pull away in the 2nd. The lack of defense for the Beavers wasn't holding back the offense. Mannion entered the 2nd quarter 8/8 in the first and his perfection carried over into the 2nd. The QB tossed 1 more touchdown in the quarter and ran for another. The touchdown toss was TE Connor Hamlett's 2nd of the ball game and Mannion's touchdown run was a read option keeper from 7 yards out. The Beavers other touchdown in the quarter was a field goal that came up short and WR/PR/KR Brandin Cooks caught the field goal and returned it 107 yards for another Oregon State touchdown. Kansas State got there lone touchdown of the quarter with 2:07 remaining on a 19 yard screen to RB DeMarcus Robinson who broke 3 tackles in the backfield before running in for the score to trail 42-21 at the half.

- 3rd Quarter -
    The 3rd quarter was much slower as I didn't want to score 80 points at the pace I was on. I kept the ball on the ground and finally got the ground game going. We racked up big rushing yardage in the 2nd half with Terron Ward & Storm Woods. Ward score midway through the 3rd on a 4 yard touchdown. Just before the clocked ticked to zero on the 3rd, Wildcat QB Jake Waters tossed a deep ball to a wide open receiver in Kyle Klein. Klein then presumed to drop the pass, Oregon State defenders tipped the ball, then Klein caught it , broke 2-3 tackles and ran in the rest of the way for the 49 yard horse shit touchdown to trail 49-28 after 3.

- 4th Quarter -
    Boring quarter, threw in the back ups but my back up is "Storm Woods" so I basically ran it down Kansas State's throat at will. Chewed the clock to make it go by quick. Back up QB Richie Harrington played pretty solid when I needed him to throw. I wouldn't rely on him ever though, at least I hope not. We added two field goals from Garrett Owens to knock off #11 Kansas State 55-28.

Stats
    [​IMG]
    QB Sean Mannion: 15/15, 253 Yards, 4 TD
    RB Terron Ward: 20 Att, 131 Yards, TD
    WR Richard Mullaney: 7 Rec, 147 Yards, 2 TD
    FS Ryan Murphy: 6 Tackles

[​IMG]
    QB Jake Waters: 22/30, 311 Yards, 3 TD
    RB DeMarcus Robinson: 14 Att, 130 Yards, TD
    WR Kyle Klein: 3 Rec, 119 Yards, TD
    MLB Tate Snyder: 10 Tackles

Video

• Like Like x 1
  13. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

You will just have to play with the Northwest South Carolina Cats.

• Like Like x 1
  14. PAgamer07

Who's left?

TEClemson53 when is zac back and will he actually be able to play?

15. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I'm trying to look. I hate to be an ass but if the West Virginia / Iowa game is the last one to be played then Eric needs to play the computer tonight.

Zac's due back tomorrow and can probably play but as far as what exact time, I have no idea.

16. PAgamer07

Agreed. What will Zac say though?

17. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

#20 West Virginia (2-1) at #12 Iowa (2-1)

#6 Northwestern (4-0) at Michigan (1-1)

Since the dynasty wire is being a whore and won't load the team's tab. I took Eric's weekly post & process of elimination based off the game score e-mails I got. Those are the 2 games left above. schreck822 , are you playing tonight?

18. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I don't know. He can get on the forum from his phone and hopefully tell us. Again, not trying to be an ASSHOLE but he's going to be gone for 90% of the season anyway.

ZCar352

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  19. PAgamer07

Thats the same game :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

whoops, I deleted the wrong line. Meant to leave the Northwestern one. Fixed

21. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

as of last night at 2 in the morning or whatever time the Arizona v. MSU game ended the N'western game was unplayed. I'm pretty sure those are the two that are left, there were a handful of byes this week

22. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Let him play the CPU bc like trey said this season for me is pretty much just recruiting.

• Like Like x 1
  23. PAgamer07

• Like Like x 1
  24. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Time to start tanking for an easy schedule.

• Like Like x 1
  25. PAgamer07

Exactly what purpose does that have? Seriously? Im really getting tired of this comment. You realize that if you have a great season one year, you get a tougher schedule the following one right?

I don't know why you have to keep taking shots at me, but if you have something to say, say it. Im tired of the passive agressive BS

• Like Like x 1