2014 (S2)- Week 6

Discussion in 'The Redshirts' started by PAgamer07, Aug 26, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Advanced. Get 'em played.

2. PAgamer07

[​IMG]
    Hello pagamer7,

Welcome to Week 6! Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to write your own stories.

California (3-2) at San Jose State (2-1)

Last week, the Golden Bears won 44-13 at Colorado (3-2)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by California targets.

Purdue (2-2) at #11 Washington (4-0)

Last week, the Boilermakers had a bye week

In recruiting news, the following Purdue targets announced their decisions:

FSVictor Cox[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Pur
    FBMarcus Barbour[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Pur

#23 Arizona State (4-1)has a bye week

Last week, the Sun Devils won 45-18 vs. Baylor (2-1)

In recruiting news, the following Arizona State targets announced their decisions:

ATHTodd Gordon[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]KU
    FBDemetrius Morrison[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Tulsa

#22 Oregon State (3-1)has a bye week

Last week, the Beavers won 55-28 vs. Kansas State (2-1)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Oregon State targets.

Utah (2-2) at Washington State (3-2)

Last week, the Utes had a bye week

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Utah targets.

#13 West Virginia (3-1) vs Michigan (1-2)

Last week, the Mountaineers won 27-24 vs. Iowa (2-2)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by West Virginia targets.

#4 Northwestern (5-0) vs Nebraska (3-2)

Last week, the Wildcats won 28-27 vs. Michigan (1-2)

In recruiting news, the following Northwestern targets announced their decisions:

ATHRicky Weaver[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]NU
    CBRyan Miller[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]NU
    ATHDonald McNeal[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]NU

#8 Arizona (3-1) at Stanford (0-3)

Last week, the Wildcats lost 28-21 vs. Michigan State (3-1)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Arizona targets.

#19 Iowa (2-2) at Minnesota (2-2)

Last week, the Hawkeyes lost 27-24 at West Virginia (3-1)

In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Iowa targets.

#12 Maryland (3-1)has a bye week

Last week, the Terrapins won 34-28 at Nebraska (3-2)

In recruiting news, the following Maryland targets announced their decisions:

OLBJeff Williams[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Terps
    FBTim Reed[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Terps

#11 Washington (4-0) vs Purdue (2-2)

Last week, the Huskies had a bye week

In recruiting news, the following Washington targets announced their decisions:

DEKendall Alexander[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]WSU
    CKiel Lawrence[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Wash
    FBBrian Kidd[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]Haw

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I leapfrogged everyone in the media poll to #2 :)

4. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Since there is so much excitement within the league and so much content and posts....... is everyone playing tonight ?

5. PAgamer07

Haha. Prepare for the Rose Bowl thread to return for 2014 tonight!

Yes, I am playing tonight. Can you make sure Josh is on auto?

6. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Gosh, that easy schedule of yours just keeps getting easier..... user game = cpu game...... I KIDDDDDD I KIDDDDDDDDD, don't get your whitey tighties or depends bunched up

He's already on AP.

7. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

lebowski amazed.gif

8. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

youre awesome.gif

• Like Like x 2
  9. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

upload_2013-8-27_16-7-18.png

upload_2013-8-27_16-6-52.png

Northwestern Does it Again
    [​IMG]
    My second game of the day was just as frustrating and even more nail gnawingly last second. If it wasn't for overtime, this game would have set offensive football back 20 years. It was like Nebraska had the 85 Bear's D lining up against me, and Ditka was the 12th man. No fair I say, no fair. This time Simien didn't throw 5 picks, he went for 6 just to one up himself, didn't even crack 200 yards or throw a TD.

The first half was just a complete and utter mess. I couldn't move, they couldn't move. It seemed like they didn't think their QB could throw the ball further than 10 yards, as almost all of their routes were either screens or short outs/slants. Don't remember any other completions. We pretty well stopped all their passes for about 5 yards or less. Meanwhile, I pretty well threw the ball to them every chance I could. Nobody really threatened to score much, until finally, with 7 seconds left in the half I made a 44 yard field goal to go up 3-0.

Nebraska got the ball to start the 3rd qtr, and finally showed some offensive life. They got to the 38, then their QB went Cam Newton on my ass on a crazy 38 yard TD where he juked a guy, knocked a guy out, drug a guy, then sprinted for 6. Embarrassing, but you don't have to take my word for it:

From there, offensive ineptitude continued. More picks, more failure. Finally Nebraska capitalized with a field goal early in the 4th quarter to go up 10-3. The way my offense was going, pretty well figured we were in big trouble. Then, finally, some signs of life came through. Again, we started to learn a lesson we should have learned after the Michigan game, run to set up the pass dumbass. So, we went back to Perkins. He carried the load on a long drive that ate up the last 5 minutes and got us all the way down to the 1. From there, after getting stuffed twice, FB Diedrick finally pushed his way in for the tying score with 18 seconds to go.

On to OT. Nebraska won the toss and gave us the ball. We learned our lesson and stuck with the run game. Perkins again delivered, with several solid gains. Simien even converted a few midrange passes, as we worked our way to the 1. Perkins pounded it in from there. It didn't take long for Nebraska to answer though, as they hit a 19 yard TD on 3rd and 6. The DB just ran out of bounds like he wanted them to score, it was nice. So, they got the ball back for OT2. This time we were able to stuff a screen on 3rd down to force them into the FG. We got the ball back, and stuck to the run exclusively. We pounded it all the way to the 1 yard line, where we got a 1st down and Goal. 3 straight runs up the gut got stuffed. That made it 4th and 1. We decided we had enough fun, and went for it. The OL got the job done, and gave Perkins just enough wiggle room to sneak in for the game winner.

It was a hell of a game. Whatever changes were made to the sliders have completely wiped out my standard offense. Either that or games at Michigan and Nebraska made my guys shrivel up into scared little blobs of goo. Either way, it was frustrating, but then really fun. Even when I was making the comebacks, it was incredibly hard and I had to focus like crazy to make plays, because they weren't giving me anything. Might have to shift to a run first offense from here on out, passing is getting me into way too much trouble.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    WVU Takes Care of Bidness in the Big House

WVU - 41
    Michigan 10
    As I predicted I couldnt pass for shit but neither could the QB. This is the most Int's I have been able to force. Once I spyed the QB with either a DE, LB or S he couldnt run for BS plays.

Next up is Braxton Miller and the *uckeyes in Morgantown.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Beat Illinois 41-38. It shouldn't have been that close really. I was up 34-17 in the 4th qtr and Illinois went on the expected 14 PTs in 1:30 run. I scored a td with about two minutes to go to go up 10 an they added a td with :13 second left to make it look better than it was. Their final drive was like 15 plays in like 90 seconds. All I could do was laugh as they ripped off 15 yard passes, using like 3 seconds of clock. Lol.

Nick hill ran for 200 yds and 3 Tds. Connor cook threw his first pick in 10 quarters of play and other than that was very efficient. 18/23 253 yds. Only the one mistake.

We move to 4-1 and have a bye next week before going to Iowa.

• Like Like x 1