2014 (S3) - Bowl Week

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by JohnnyClutch, Oct 9, 2012.

1. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Deadline is Wednesday at 10pm. Can't get the story/team list with what games each person plays because the site says I'm not part of the dynasty.

2. JohnnyClutch

PAgamer07

just go ahead and advance when everyone else is done, I'll take the cpu sim during the advance.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  3. sonn

sonn Walk On

Welcome to Bowl Season!

Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #9 Northwestern Wildcats (9-2) ===============

#9 Northwestern will face LSU in the Gator Bowl.

=============== #7 USC Trojans (10-2) ===============

Last week, USC won 36-14 against Stanford (9-3).

#10 USC will face #4 Notre Dame in the Rose Bowl.

=============== #12 Stanford Cardinal (9-3) ===============

Last week, Stanford lost 36-14 against USC (10-2).

#5 Stanford will face TCU in the Alamo Bowl.

=============== #10 Michigan Wolverines (10-2) ===============

#11 Michigan will face #8 Florida in the Capital One Bowl.

=============== #2 Wisconsin Badgers (12-1) ===============

Last week, Wisconsin won 28-14 against Iowa (10-3).

#4 Wisconsin will face #1 South Carolina in the BCS National Championship.

=============== #13 Ohio State Buckeyes (9-3) ===============

#16 Ohio State will face Oklahoma in the Insight Bowl.

=============== #22 Arkansas Razorbacks (8-4) ===============

#22 Arkansas will face #25 Texas in the AT&T Cotton Bowl.

=============== #1 South Carolina Gamecocks (13-0) ===============

Last week, South Carolina won 31-21 against Alabama (11-2).

#1 South Carolina will face #2 Wisconsin in the BCS National Championship.

=============== #3 Oregon Ducks (11-1) ===============

#3 Oregon will face #6 Boise State in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

=============== #5 Alabama Crimson Tide (11-2) ===============

Last week, Alabama lost 31-21 against South Carolina (13-0).

#2 Alabama will face #17 North Carolina in the Orange Bowl®.

=============== #8 Florida Gators (10-2) ===============

#8 Florida will face #10 Michigan in the Capital One Bowl.

=============== Cal Golden Bears (7-5) ===============

Cal will face Oklahoma State in the Holiday Bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JohnnyClutch

The ESPN Classic That Never Was
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    7-5 (6-3) vs 9-3 (6-3)​
    12/29/14 8:00pm​
    Stanford would start the game off well as the first drive went smoothly and ended with a two yard touchdown run by Barry Sanders Jr. DeNucci would score three points on a 34 yard field goal for TCU in a quickly paced first quarter. The second quarter was pretty boring as well. The only highlight was a one yard TD run by Eric Schultz.​
    DeNucci would start the third with a 23 yard field goal. Nick Phillips would answer with a 43 yard field goal that barely made it passed the crossbar. TCU HB Green would break two tackles on the HB screen on his way to a 23 yard score. The next, which was the last play of the third, was a Schultz interception. TCU would start the fourth with the ball on the 48 yard line. This drive would end on a fourth and four from the 10 yard line when Lyons would sack the Horned Frogs QB. Three and out from the Cardinal. Joseph would catch a TD pass out of bounds [​IMG]
    that Stanford would challenge but once again to no avail. This put TCU up 20-17 with 2:00 left. Stanford would get down the field. On second and one from the two yard line with nine seconds left Sanders was stuffed at the one yard line. Last time out with three seconds left. Phillips would barely make the 18 yard field goal only a foot or two left of the right upright.​
    TCU would lose the coin toss and Stanford would start overtime on defense. On third down this catch happened to keep the drive alive:​
    a back behind the body, one armed snag of a bullet pass. Could be the number one greates catch in NCAA history. Don't worry it would not be number one for long. The Horned Frogs would score on a 28 yard TD catch by Joseph on third and thirteen. Kodi Whitfield would catch an eight yard catch on fourth and seven to keep the drive alive. BS2 would take the ball and run it in from eight yards out. The extra point would tie the game.​
    The second quarter started with Stanford scoring a touchdown as Schultz found Will Ellis coming across the back of the end zone. TCU would face a fourth and three from the eight yard line. Bryant would cross over the middle for an eight yard TD reception.​
    The first drive of the third overtime would end after a interception in the end zone by Jordan Richards. Knowing a 42 yard field goal was at the end of the range for Phillips, Sanders would get a dive play call. Three yard loss. The next two runs were stuff at the line of scrimmage. Phillips would attempt the now 45 yard field goal but it would it the crossbar and bounce back into the end zone.​
    The fourth overtime had Stanford score on a one yard run. The two point conversion would fail as BS2 was tackled at the hand off. This catch would set TCU up with a first and goal:​
    Third and goal would see the Horned Frog break out of a sack a make the game winning throw:​
    Wait no so fast the refs threw the flag and called an illegal touching penalty as the receiver stepped out of bounds in the back of the end zone before catching the pass. On fourth and goal WR #3 who had provided us with the two previous catches would catch the ball in the end zone. Before he could control it Browning would swat the ball from his hands. Stanford wins the two hour long four overtime game 40-34. Actually no the didn't that would not be fair if they did.​
    Stanford Celebration?
    [​IMG]
    E. Schults: 25/35 400-Yds 1-TD 1-INT, 1 rush TD
    B. Sanders Jr.: 3 TD

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

damn that sux josh! that 1 handed grab in front of ur CB was LOL.

6. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Doing some scouting on LSU's roster, and came across this:

LSU Punter.PNG

Their freaking freshman punter could be my starting HB. This game will present some difficulties.

7. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

fake punt extravaganza

8. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

nachos dream come true.

9. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

Ohio State overcomes a bad offensive performance to beat Oklahoma 31-23 in the shitty Insight bowl. This game was close throughout as both offenses struggled. At least Oklahoma had an excuse since their star QB was knocked out of the game twice in the first quarter, the second time for 4 weeks. For Ohio State, Braxton Miller didn't exactly go out with a bang, throwing 3 interceptions and was inconsistant with his throws. In the end, he did enough to get the victory and the defense played lights out to secure the win. The Buckeyes finish a disappointing 10-3 on the year.

10. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Nortwestern Caps Successful Season With Gator Bowl Win

Things got off to a rocky start in this matchup with LSU, which was our fear coming in. We didn't want to allow the ultra talented Tigers to start fast and gain momentum, but right away on their first drive they busted off a 65 yard TD run. It was like my D wasn't even there. That RB is huge, fast, and mean. He ended up with 20 runs for 184 yards and 2 TD's. Truly the only reason I was able to stop them is that they didn't run him nearly enough, and the dumb cpu AI had them pass way more than they ever should have against my weak ass front 7. He seemed bigger than all but 1 of my DL.

Anyway, after that happened, NW was able to get a good drive of our own going, using our patented slow ass grind out yards approach to chew up almost 4 minutes and score on a 13 yard TD to Prater (obviously). Somehow or another we actually were able to stop LSU's next drive, might have been on a pick but can't remember. That gave us a short field and we once again found Prater on a 10 yard TD as he beat the press coverage to go up 14-10 as the 1st expired.

The 2nd QTR turned into a D battle as nobody scored until LSU got down for a 34 yard field goal with under 2 to go. Luckily, our red zone D has come up huge for us this season and has been one of the main reasons we've been successful. NW got the ball back with 1:30 to go and once again, Prater came up huge. This one was kind of weird, and I'll happily admit it was on a streak. For some reason, the D didn't line a man up on him at all, I waited, and they never did, so yes, I switched him to a streak, and he was open so I hit him. Sue me. That put us up 21-10 at the half.

That lead basically meant that we went into full prevent defense. Not the stupid kind that loses you games, but the kind that keeps everything short and forces them to work for it. It didn't work so well on LSU's first drive of the 2nd half, as they busted through with a drive full of Hilliard, and he capped it with a 6 yard burst to pull them within 4 with a quarter and a half to go. If they'd have kept pounding on me, I wouldn't have been able to stop. Fortunately, I was able to put together another long 4 minute drive that ended when Treyvon Green finally was able to break through with an awesome 32 yard run through their D, perfectly using his blockers to get the TD. Check it out on the wire. That put us up 11 with a minute in the 3rd.

Luckily, that put them in passing mode for some reason. Their QB was not good, as my ragtag group of DB's somehow continued to play great despite the physical mismatch most receivers have on them. Either that, or LSU's QB is just bad. He went 9/19 for 100 yards passing and 2 int's. If they programmed this game right at all, LSU would have run Hilliard 40 times and I'd have been smoked. Instead they only did 20 so I was able to pull it out.

Great way to finish the season with our 10th win, hopefully a spot in the Top 10 and adding a 5th star that would be huge for the program moving forward. Thankfully the scheduling gods gave us a schedule that allowed it to happen. The team loses a lot, so next year will be a bit of a rebuilding year. We lose our 4 most important players in QB Siemian, WR Prater, RB Green and MLB Ellis. We have a very good replacement at RB, decent one at QB, and a lot of questions everywhere else.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

So who wants to do an extra off-season Friday night?

12. JohnnyClutch

Sounds like sonn will be busy again.

13. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

14. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

After work ill archive and advance to first step.

• Like Like x 1