2014 (S3)- Conference Championship Week

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PAgamer07, Oct 7, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Deadline Tuesday. Shooting for a Friday night offseason.

2. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

'Cocks Burst into First National Championship Appearance

After a heated past couple of weeks for the Gamecocks in which they saw their #2 QB get the time finally came to face off against the Alabama Crimson Tide. These two teams are quite possibly the two most hated in the nation.

SC won the toss and elected to defer so Bama got the ball first. They Tide started the game just how they wanted to. A 4:40 drive consisting of 13 plays led to a goal line rush by Faciane to put Alabama up 0-7 midway through the first. South Carolina countered with a nice drive of their own, but on a 4th and goal from the .01 line McEvoy got blown the fuck up by the Tide DT turning the ball over literally and inch from the endzone as the second quarter started.

Alabama couldn't risk a safety so they gave it to their main man Sims. After two nice runs they finally passed. This ended up being the first big mistake of the game. Ely thought he had a guy breaking open on an out route, but Golightly jumped infront of the pass and took it back 15 yards for the touchdown and to put the game in a 7-7 tie with 7:00 left in the first half. After the kick Alabama continued to make mistakes. Ely this time threw a pass that was intercepted by All-American Jadeveon Clowney who had dropped back into coverage. Nothing would come of this as McEvoy threw an interception just two plays later. Alabama would straighten things out and go on a 10 play drive capped off by an Ely pass to White giving Alabama a 7-14 lead with 1:56 left in the half. The 'Cock offense would finally rise to the occasion. They went on a 10 play drive of their own that took the clock down to :14 left in half. This was ended with a 2 yard Carson run. This made the score 14-14 at the half.

South Carolina got the ball to start the second half. That's when they finally decided to send a guy deep. McEvoy found Ellington deep then on 3rd and goal SC punched it in to take the 21-14 lead with 6:52 left in the third. Alabama again would counter like both teams had all game. 9 plays later Sims ran it in from 2 yards out making the game tied again at 21. The methodical drives continued. On the 11th play of this drive South Carolina kicked a 35 yard field goal and took a 24-21 lead with :34 to go in the third. This had to be considered a win for the Alabama defense with how good the offense is moving the ball.

In the 4th Alabama got going, but amazingly SC forced a punt after White dropped an easy first down pass. This was now becoming a defense battle. The Gamecocks got the ball back and got it down to the Alabama 38. On a 4th and short they elected to go for it instead of the shot at 3 points. Well that was a mistake because the Alabama LB came untouched and hit McEvoy before he could even hand the ball off for a 4 yard loss. Alabama is now in prime position with 4:28 left in the game. Ely lead them down to the SC 33 yard line, but than Clowney decided to show back up and sacked Ely for a 3 yard loss. On the next play SC came with pressue from the outside and Ely didn't see his wide open TE, instead the play result in a sack with a loss of 8 yards. Facing 4th and 21 Alabama tried to hit the slot man down the middle. Ely had him open, but waited to long to make the pass and the safeties converged on the ball and batted it down. With 1:20 left and 3 timeouts Alabama was not out of this ball game. A 6 yard run then a -1 loss left 3rd and 5. Carson then took a handoff off the left edge and raced 53 yards to put a 31-21 dagger in the hearts of the Crimson Tide. The tide had 53 seconds and 1 timeout left, but after a sack they decided to just kneel the clock out giving South Carolina their first ever National Championship birth.

SC finished with 363 yards of total offense, 150 on the ground and 213 through the air. Alabama had 284 total, 57 on the ground and 227 through the air. South Carolina committed only 1 turnover while Alabama had 2. Alabama was 3/3 in the redzone. There was only 1 punt the entire game. Alabama owned the TOP 20:05 to 11:55

McEvoy went 13/20 for 213 and 1 int. Ely had teh bigger night going 19/27 for 227 and a touchdown, but 2 interceptions, one leading to a touchdown proved crucial. Alabama's Blake Sims was shut down and only gained 60 yards on 24 attempts with a long of 9. His counterpart Shon carson went for 136 on just 16 carries including the 53 yard dagger TD. Both teams spread the ball around well hitting 6 receivers each. Alabama had 19 pancakes. SC with 24 flapjacks. For sacks it was the 'Cocks leading the way with 3 and Alabama only with 1.

4. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Let's be proactive and shoot for a Thursday night offseason!

5. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Yeah, I don't think I can do a Friday off-season. I could roll with Thursday though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

PAgamer07

I'm good to play whenever today.

7. sonn

sonn Walk On

I can do any night but ideally not Thursday.

8. AJ Hart MN

Gotta love taking a knee and conceding the game when only down 10 with 50 seconds and a TO left.. Hate that shit! Man the F up and play the whole game.

9. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I did it against Brian..... so hush haha

10. AJ Hart MN

that's BS then.. Haven't we seen a million times now a team come back and get two scores very late. Hell, Iowa did it to me last year. Basically two hail mary's and two onside kicks so that stuff can happen. And in a CTG no less. I understand if it's 3 scores but 10 points is hardly insurmountable. Let's play the games out and quit acting like babies if we happen to lose. People like to say I bitch and that's fine, I probably do but I don't whine and cry after I lose a game and it seems like far too many guy's around here want to take their ball and go home if they can't win every game. I'm sorry, it just annoyed me so much when Greg would quit on me during games. I've been blown the F out this release in some games but I'm still trying to the final whistle.

11. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Wisconsin Win's Ugly B1G Championship Game
    [​IMG]
    This game was ugly as a sin the first half. Iowa's offense couldn't muster a 1st down while Wisconsin's run game was working, but when it came down to a passing situation, QB Joel Stave either was put on his butt or missing receivers. The two teams went 3 & out for much of the first quarter. Wisconsin was able to move past midfield late in the quarter but kicker Drew Meyer missed his first field goal of the season from 56 yards out. Meyer put plenty of leg behind but missed it just right. Wisconsin's defense stood strong on 3rd downs which after 4 quarters would be the key stat for Iowa. QB Joel Stave chucked a deep ball to open the 2nd quarter but on 3rd down it was intercepted by Iowa deep in their own territory but the Badger defense again stood strong.​
    Midway through the 2nd quarter, Wisconsin's ground game began to bust off large runs but also put the offense in manageable 3rd downs. A drag to WR Isaiah Williams moved Wisconsin past midfield and down inside Iowa's 30 yard line. A pass in the flat to TE Sam Arneson was snagged at the 3 yard line and into the endzone Arneson went to put some points on the board as the Badgers led 7-0. Iowa answered however, RB Jordan Canzeri finally got things going after being held to negative yards for much of the first half. Canzeri broke off a big run past midfield followed up by a 38 yard reception from Martin-Manley. It would be Martin-Manley's only reception of the game. QB Cody Sokol never looked for an open receiver in a 4 wide set and scrambled up the middle and inside Wisconsin's 5 yard line. Canzeri scored a few plays later to tie the game at 7 and that's how the two teams would go to half.​
    Iowa opened the 2nd half with a defensive stand and the offense was movin past midfield but a 2nd down sack set the offense back. On 3rd down, QB Cody Sokol had 10 hours of pocket time but tossed an interception to CB Jenial Jean to end the drive. Wisconsin's offensive line began to dominate Iowa and up the gut went HB Melvin Gordon, after two big runs from Gordon, in came Vonte Jackson who busted off a big run himself down inside Iowa's 5 yard line. The Hawkeye defense stood strong on 1st & 2nd down but on 3rd down QB Joel Stave tossed one in the back of the endzone and WR Isaiah Williams made an incredible diving catch to give Wisconsin the touchdown and a 14-7 lead with 1:41 left in the 3rd quarter. Iowa's next drive was nothing new, the Hawkeyes went 1/10 on 3rd downs in the game and this time Sokol was sacked to end the possession.​
    Starting the 4th with the ball, Iowa continued to blitz the balls off of QB Joel Stave. A quick slant to WR Kenzel Doe went for 22 yards and approached midfield but that was as far as they would get. Iowa's offense continued to shoot themselves in the foot. Sokol tossed one backwards on 1st down to give Iowa a 2nd & 18 followed by a incompletion and another Wisconsin 3rd down sack to end the drive. Wisconsin continued to ride RB Melvin Gordon. Gordon ate up Iowa's defense and converted a 3rd & 1 at the 2 yard line and finally Gordon bounced in another Wisconsin touchdown to lead 21-7 with 2:26 left in the game. The Badger defense stood strong again and Iowa faced a quick 4th & 3 and was unable to convert giving Wisconsin the ball at the Iowa 25 with 1:33 remaining. Melvin Gordon went untouched up the middle on 1st down to move inside the Iowa 10 yard line and a few plays later Vonte Jackson scored to make it 28-7. Iowa made the most of their last possession, Sokol broke out of a sack and hit TE Ray Hamilton for 30 yards and again Hamilton hauled in a 20 yarder the next play, then another one to WR Brian Floyd to move inside Wisconsin's 10. Iowa scored when Sokol connected with WR Jacob Hillyer on a slant to trail 28-14. Wisconsin jumped on the on-side kick and came out in victory formation to clinch their first B1G Title under coach TEClemson53. Now the Badgers will await the release of BCS Rankings and see where they head in the post-season.​
    [​IMG]
    Player Stats
    [​IMG]
    QB Joel Stave: 9/19, 103 Yards, 2 TD, 2 INT​
    HB Melvin Gordon: 33 Att, 181 Yards, TD​
    WR Isaiah Williams: 3 Rec, 35 Yards, TD​
    CB Jenial Jean: 2 Tackles, INT​
    [​IMG]
    QB Cody Sokol: 12/21, 166 Yards, TD, INT​
    HB Jordan Canzeri: 18 Att, 61 Yards, TD​
    TE Ray Hamilton: 4 Rec, 67 Yards​
    ROLB Marcus Collins: 3 Tackles, Sack​

12. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Brian was up 41-28 and busted off a long ass run with less then 2:00 left to lead 49-28. I'll tuck my tail and go home after that instead of making some dumbass throw and turning it over another time.

a 21 point deficit is a little different then 10 though

• Like Like x 1
  13. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I pointed it out somewhere, but I am going to be gone Thursday night through Sunday for the ND Stanford game. Leaving that early because I'm taking my sister there for a college visit on Friday too. If there is any way at all to get the offseason in Tuesday or Wednesday, that would be awesome. If it's Thursday, maybe I could make my brother drive and do as much as possible from my phone. I'll make it work either way, luckily I don't have too much recruiting left to do.

14. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Should have said I'll be back relatively early Sunday, so I can play any games due by that night.

15. PAgamer07

Tonight at 8 work?

16. JohnnyClutch

That works.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AJ Hart MN

Yeah, 21 points is a big difference than 10. Actually, I could probably do Friday for the off-season.. Wednesday would be the only night I don't think I could swing.

18. JohnnyClutch

Thursday night is a no go for off-season for me.

19. PAgamer07

We're doing it Friday. If you can't do it... give someone your shit so they can do it for you. Or do it from the web.

20. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

ummmmmmm no. i was not going to resort to cheesing streaks to try to win the game. you know how much shit i would get if i got 2 streaks for TDs in 50 seconds?! yeah, i'd get the "screw will do anything to win, b/c he never losses to the CPU"...."what BS screw, learn to take a loss..." please AJ. this was the proper way to lose, i was beat. and losing like that was sure as hell a lot better than all this shit talk i'd get if somehow i'd pull out a win. i never gave up either. if nachos was sportsmanlike, he would've slid after the 1st down and taken 3 knees to end the game without me even touching it again. he didn't, fine. i was down 2 scores, if it was 8 points or less, you bet ur ass i would've tried to tie or win (without streaks), but it was 2 scores, the game was done.

i made sure as hell i didn't run 1 streak all game. sick of the accusations so i will win without them. kind like people running the read option 5-10 times a game. won't do it anymore, i will win or lose with a balanced attack and pass with no streaks per game. it sucks that it's come to this, PA possibly banning read options against the CPU and people abusing streaks...ruins the game to the point where i feel like i can't run one ever...so i don't. i still get shit for beating the CPU so i guess i should still run the read and throw 4 streaks a game, but i don't...because its too easy to win for me doing that.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  21. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I have more faith in my defense keeping a 10 point lead with 50 seconds left then I do the game not screwing me over on a dive or a kneel down. The game had alread shown that it would just allow your defense come through untouched and kill my QB before he could even hand the ball off.

22. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

I agree, everyone cant yell at guys for stats and winning and then get mad when they take a loss to make sure they don't run afoul of the rules or and the spirit of the rules, you cant have it both ways.

• Like Like x 2
  23. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

completely agree.

24. AJ Hart MN

bunch of babies lol

25. PAgamer07

[​IMG]

USC is Crowned PAC-12 Champion

The PAC-12 Championship between the Stanford Cardinal and USC Trojans was never in doubt. There was just too much offense from USC, and not enough defense from Stanford in this one. The Trojans would only throw 16 passes on the day, but the HB tandem of Shane Lester and DJ Morgan would run rampant all game long. They would but big play, after big play to combine for 31 carries for 235 yards and 3 TD. On the other side of the ball, USC's new look defense caused fits. The Cardinal could not get anything going on the ground as they went for 50 yards on 14 carries between Barry Sanders, JR and Kelsey Young.

The game really was decided by the Trojans defense though. After losing QB Cody Kessler to a concussion for the entire game, and getting stuffed on a 4th and goal at the one, it was the defense who kept USC in this one. They would add 3 sacks, an INT a Forced Fumble and a safety on the day, and flustered Eric Schultz all game long. The bright side for the Cardinal was Junior WR Kodi Whitfield who would be left open all game long. He caught 8 passes (2 for TD) for 157 yards. Unfortunately this was not enough.

GG JohnnyClutch . Our offense was clicking at the right time, and your guys missed some plays. A lot of overthrows, drops and turnovers really decided this one. See ya next year :)

[​IMG] 16

[​IMG] 40

• Like Like x 1