**2014(s3) Team Previews**

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jolts57, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

2014 Michigan Wolverines
    [​IMG]
    After having an undefeated regular season last year, the Michigan Wolverines lost to Notre Dame in a close B1G 10 championship game. That not only took the Wolverines out of the NCG, but also took the team out of the Rose Bowl and Michigan was forced to play a cupcake conference school in a meaningless bowl game. Coach Josh B is back for his 3rd season and even though his Michigan team is very young, he's still looking to win 9 or 10 games this year. There's no doubt there will be drop-off with all the seniors who just left, but the question is how much?

Offensive Outlook

The only returning offensive starters are on the offensive line and tight end Dylan Esterline. All the skill positions will be either new starters or true freshmen. Sophomore Jarret Franklin was expected to be the starting QB but he was kicked off the team due to repeated team rules infractions, so true freshman Michael Walters will lead this team onto the field in 2014. Michigan managed to pick up one of the fastest HB recruits in true freshman Jay Butler, who will immediately be the starting tailback. Standout sophomore receiver Roger Grigsby had a great freshman campaign, catching 30 balls for 772 yards and 8 TDs. Grigsby is projected to have over 1000 yards and 10 TDs this year.

Defensive Outlook

Michigan will be moving back to the 3-4 this season since the Wolverines don't have the personnel to run the 3-3-5. OLB sophomore Tom Doyle is expected to move to MLB and will help anchor the interior of this Michigan front 7. Senior SS Josh Furman is the leading returning tackler, but he'll be moving from his floating safety position of last year to a more traditional SS this year. This secondary is lacking experience but has a lot of talent and speed so they should make a lot of big plays this year and hopefully help the young Michigan offense transition into the future.

Recruiting Needs

Coach Josh B had an incredible recruiting class last year so this team is boasting a lot of very young talent. The offense skill positions shouldn't need any additions for a while, but this Wolverine team could use a couple offensive linemen to replace seniors, and the most immediate need of this team is at linebacker.

2014 Prediction
    [​IMG]
    This team is loaded with freshman talent but lacking in leadership. This team won't have another 13-1 season, but the Wolverines should finish with at least 9 wins. ESPN prediction from Mike and Mike...10-4

• Like Like x 2
  2. droid43

droid43 Walk On

2014 Oklahoma State Cowboys
    [​IMG]
    There's not much to complain about when you win back to back Big XII Championships, but Coach Mike Gundy insists that his ball club is still hungry. "After the way the season ended last year in the National Championship Game, our guys are ready to get back out on the field and show everyone that we can finish. We almost had it last year and controversy or not, we did not finish the game." There will be many new faces at positions on both sides of the ball. Some have been in Stillwater for a while and some having just arrived in the spring due to early enrollment. The Cowboys have their sights set high and are aiming to be the second team to win the Big XII three straight times after Oklahoma captured the crown in 2006, 2007, and 2008.
    Offensive Outlook:
    Gone are the days of Clint Chelf. The record setting senior was drafted in the 3rd round in this past April's draft by the New Orleans Saints. Chelf had a rewrote the record books both years he started by recording 42 touchdown passes in 2012 and 51 in 2013. Cowboy fans were able to get a brief glimpse at the future quarterback J.W. Walsh in the Air Force game in 2013. Walsh seemed to seamlessly step in at quarterback throwing for 275 yards and 3 touchdowns as well as rushing for 135 yards and 2 scores. Walsh will allow the Cowboys to be a bit more dynamic on offense this year as he is much more or a runner than Chelf ever was.
    Kyle Culver will also be called upon to fill the shoes of a departed starter. Joseph Randle was also drafted despite not having spectacular numbers his junior or senior year. Culver is a redshirt senior that should keep the Cowboys from missing Randle too much. Culver has been in the system five years now and is a true speedster. He clocked a sub 4.40 forty in fall camp and this fifth year player can truly become an impact player on offense.
    The receiving corps remains in tact for 2014. The dymanic freshman duo of Zac Butler and Matt Russell were both finalists for the Biletnikoff award last season. How will they fair with a year's worth of experience under their belt? Senior Josh Stewart also returns to his role in the slot. Stewart may not have gotten the National Recognition that Butler and Russell did last year, but the veteran put up very similar numbers and does not allow defenses to focus too much on the outside receivers.
    The offensive line may very well be the most questionable position group on the offense. That's saying something with three reshirt senior returning from last year. The three expereienced seniors will have to help two new comers on the line this year. Redshirt freshman Bryan Lott will take over at left guard and true freshman Jason Glover will start at right tackle after blowing everyone away during spring camp. It will take these two youngsters a while to get used to the speed of the game, but they have got the talent to hold their own.
    Defensive Outlook:
    The defensive front will be the strength of this football team defensively. The lack of depth last year did not come to be a problem, but there is no chance of depth hurting the Cowboys this year. A defensive lineman heavy recruiting class helps the Pokes tremendously in the trenches. Look for freshmen Jeff Johnson and Brett Brooks to see the field at defensive end rotation, and freshman former defensive end turned defensive tackle Brigham Holmes has won the second defensive tackle spot. Holmes was recruited as a defensive end, but his lack of speed and great block shedding abilities made it a no brainer to switch him to defensive tackle.
    The Cowboys are strong up front, but the back seven is severely depleted. Transfers at outside linebacker, corner, and strong safety have really put the Cowboys in a jam. Junior cornerback Bryant Reber and junior strong safety Isaac Maselera are the only experienced players coming into starting roles. The Cowboys must start freshman Freddie Blair at the second corner spot. The defensive line must get pressure early and often or Oklahoma State may be competing in shootouts throughout the year.
    Recruiting Needs:
    Same tune different year. Defense, defense, defense. Cornerback will be the number one priority in this class followed closely by running back, outside linebacker, and both safety positions. The Cowboys only have 16 scholarships to hand out this year due to a light senior class, but the transfers from last off season did open up 4 additional spots.
    2014 Prediction:
    Offseason Transfers at positions of already shallow depth really hurt this Oklahoma State defense. This offense has the potential to be National Championship caliber despite the losses at running back and quarterback, but can it carry the defense? The inexperience in the back 7 will put a lot of pressure on the front four and the offense, and this sports reporter just doesn't believe the defense can overcome the attrition. The Cowboys will finish 9-3 after a year of growing pains.

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I need to have a good look at my team. Not sure what I'm working with.

4. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

2014 LSU TIGERS
    BACK TO BACK BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    [​IMG]

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. This is J Lo, The Big Booty Hoe reporting live from Baton Rouge LA, the home of the Back to Back BCS National Champion LSU Tigers. We are waiting for coach GMONEY to enter the room to give his annual pre season state of the Tigers address. Oh wait here her comes now. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you COACH GMONEY, the 2012 and 2013 National Coach of the LSU Football Tigers. ( The Media roars in applause)

GMONEY: " Good evening and welcome to my Annual pre season evaluation of our football program. Everyone knows here from top to bottom, the SEC is indeed the #1 football conference bar none in the Nation. We are going to have our hands full. Let's going on and talk about my squad for the 2014 season.

OFFENSE....SELLS TICKETS
    [​IMG]
    We do have many positions to fill here and I am confident that we have the players that are looking up to the challenge to play on Saturdays for the purple and Gold. Let's start with Spencer Ware. It's going to be extremely tough to fill his shoes. Not only did he win the Heisman Trophy and the Walter Camp award. He was a leader on this team on and off the field and he will surely be missed. He was the starter on both of our Championship teams over the past couple of seasons. Michael Ford and Alfred Blue. What can I say about them? They knew their roles on this team and could have started at RB for over 75% of the NCAA Teams across the Nation but they chose to stay and play here and that's saying something for their character. The 3 of them were extremely tight on and off the field and there efforts in the classroom paid off as all 3 of them graduated this spring. Stepping into their shoes this season and will be my feature running back will be Jr. Terrance Magee. he had an outstanding spring and summer practice and is ready for the challenge. Zach Mettenberger has graduated. He took alot of heat not only from the Media but from myself as well. He led out team to this current streak we are on and I appreciated everything that he has brought to the table. Stepping into his shoes will be Jr. Stephen Rivers. He was able to play in an few games last season during which gave him some valuable time on the field.We also was able to bring in 2 good QB's to the LSU family this season. One will Red shirt and our 2nd QB recruit Steven Harris will immediately become the back up to Rivers and he will see some action this season. We are excited about possibly having a 2 good QB's who can actually intertwine and play together at the same time. On the O LINE, we lost 3 2nd team All Americans to graduation. However we have guys who are ready to step up and do their part on this years team. SO Adam Wright, SO Vadal Alexander and FR RS Willie Nicholas are ready to go into the spotlight and play an important role on the O Line after spending last season watching their upper classmen play. I told you I had a special player when I brought that kid from Wilcox AZ in to start at TE. Evan Sisk wound up making All SEC 1st team last season. I knew he could catch the ball but the best thing that he really worked on this season was his blocking. He really improved in that aspect last season and the sky is the limit for him this season. However at he last minute, Corey Allen was available. He initially signed with Mississippi but when their coach was fired after the season he didn't want to go there anymore so I went down to Bowling Green KY to visit and I feel that he will do well here and will immediately back up Sisk at TE. We will also have 2 quality back ups as well so the TE position will be strong this year. SR's Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry return as the starting WR's this season. Both made strong contributions as Jr's during our run last season and I am counting on them to also mentor our younger receivers on out program.Jr. Paul Turner and So Avery Johnson will get onto the field this season as they played on the JV team last season. I am eager to see them interact with the rest of the starters in their new roles as the 3rd and 4th receiver this season. All in all the offensive will have 6 new starters from a season ago and I am hoping that it won't take this unit long at all to mesh.

DEFENSE.....WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    [​IMG]
    Wow and what can I say about this years Unit. We have some major work that needs to be done here. We lost 1st team All American MLB Kevin Minter as well as 2nd team All Americans DT Benny Logan as well as DE Barkevious Mingo ( The All time leader in sacks in LSU History ). We also lost all of our OLB from a year ago as well as both our starting CB's as well as our FS and SS. Dam that's a sick feeling losing 10 starters on the defensive side of the ball from a year ago. Well no one in the SEC or Nationally will feel sorry for us. So we need to jell very quickly as a unit and play some GMONEY style of ball on the defensive end. I have to be patient with this group. We will make mistakes but we have to grow each week as a unit or else we get our asses handed to us each and every week. At he DE position, we will have SR RS Justin Macklin and JR RS Jermauria Rasco starting for their first time in their LSU Careers. the MLB and defensive Captain will be SR RS DJ Welter. He has been playing behind Kevin Minter over the past couple of season and he knows now that it's his defense on the field and he is ready for the challenge.We recruited 5 outstanding OLB to come into the LSU family this season and 3 of them will see action as True Freshmen and the other 2 will red shirt. SOPH Ronnie Feist will be one of the starters. He played on special teams last season. The other OLB will be True Freshmen Johnnie Roberts. James Bush and Jon Shelton will also see plenty of game time action during this upcoming season. The good thing is that all 5 of these kids came in and participated in Spring Football and that really meant alot to the upper classmen watching these kids work hard to blend in with their team mates. At the CB positions we will have SR RS Tre Sullivan and JR RS Jalen starting as both did see time on the field last year in Nickel and Dime situations. Now it's up to them to be the leaders in the defensive backfield. At FS, SR RS Ronald Martin will get his chance after 3 years to shine as the starter. The starter at SS will be announced at the end of the week as we have one hell of a competition going on from SO RS Dwayne Thomas and highly touted top 10 freshmen Jonathan Carroll.

INTANGIBLES

Everyone outside of Baton Rouge wants us to fall flat on our faces. We lost 18 Seniors back in 2012 and my coaching staff did a good job of getting the team to mesh and defend our SEC and BCS titles this past season. However we have to be very realistic here. I lost 22 seniors and 2 guys transferred to other programs. Losing 10 starters on defense is a major concern. Other teams around the country are reloading for another season of College Football. We have to be able to show improvement in our team overall as this 2014 season progresses. I am looking forward to teaching the 2014 LSU Football team how to play and act as a Team. there is no I in team as all 70 of my young men as well as my coaching staff must now begin to think as 1 team. Thanks for coming to my preview show. God bless and good night."
    [​IMG]

Well there you have it folks. GMONEY has spoken about his team and by the looks of it they are excited about the upcoming season. For GMONEY TV, this is J Lo, The Big Booty Hoe reporting live from LSU / GMONEY headquarters in Baton Rouge. Thanks and good night.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1