2014 (S3)- Week 7

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PAgamer07, Sep 22, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Deadline. Monday

2. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

Sadly, Bama wins again, this time against UConn 42-16. The game was a struggle in the first half as Heisman favorite Blake Sims only had 5 carries for 7 yards. After the half, the staff made sure to get him more touches and the game opened up in Bama's favor. UConn was up 10-7 in the 2nd quarter but the Bama D clamped down in the 2nd half gathering a TD on the fumble return. Video highlights to come tomorrow after i get home from work.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Wow, only one post in a full day.. Slow day in the Redshirts. Florida St bitches :) Bring on Bama!

4. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

no shit. LETS GO PEOPLE, ITS THE WEEKEND!

5. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

It's the weekend. Meaning none of us are at our jobs slacking and posting on TSO.

• Like Like x 2
  6. PAgamer07

7. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

8. PAgamer07

Should have played before the games started ;)

9. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

I couldn't, I went to visit my sister and niece this morning.

• Like Like x 1
  10. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I'll get mine done yet tonight hopefully, been a loooong weekend. Not in the good Labor Day weekend sense, more like in the bad, manual labor sense.

11. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Maybe if you played your game there would be something to talk about on the boards. ;)

12. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

They Don't Call Them P U for Nothin

NW took the opening kickoff in this one and never looked back. The first series was a beautiful mix of run and pass, as Treyvon Green really softened the D with some power runs that ate up chunks at a time, and Siemian hit receivers for several solid gains all the way down inside the 5. After Green was stuffed on a rush attempt, Semian dropped back to pass, but both hitch routes were blanketed, a hole opened and Siemian took off up the right side for the 4 yard TD scramble to go up 7-0. The NW D showed some great life, ending PU's opening drive in 3 plays. The offense picked up right where they left off, again taking the ball right down the field with solid runs and passes. Green led the charge with a few big 15+ yard runs as the line continued to dominate the game. The drive ended on when Siemian found his TE flashing across the middle of the zone coverage, he caught it and rumbled 25 yards, dragging the defender the last 5 for the TD.

The NW D continued to shut down the PU offense (if you want to call it that). Unfortunately the NW O started to slow a bit on the next few drives, kicking ass gets tiring sometimes. We missed a 53 yard field goal and then hit a 43 yarder on consecutive drives that stalled out.

Really, not sure there's much more to say, and it's almost midnight, and I'm tired. In a nutshell, even AJ could beat this Purdue team (it'd be close, but he'd pull it out, eventually). If I wasn't so nice, I could've put up 122 on them. It's nice to finally see the NW O catching on to the style brought in by the new coach, and Siemian is really leading the troops well, with Green doing the hard work on the ground to give us a well-balanced attack. Thanks to the scheduling gods, we have had a nice run to build up the confidence of this team. Another cupcake or 2 before a huge matchup with Wisconsin to see what this team is really made of.

Players of the Game
    Treyvon Green 198 yards rushing 1 TD (didn't mean to get him this many yards, had subbed in 2nd team O&D halfway into 3rd, but backup got injured and I didn't realize it until I picked up another 30 yards).
    Kyle Prater 160 yards receiving 1 TD
    Trevor Siemian 273 Yards passing 3 TD's

• Like Like x 1
  13. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

This. When I get office days, I'll be posting like a bastard. Unfortunately, this week I've got a 3 day conference for work, gonna be pretty sparse sadly. Will try to keep up at night from the hotel. I'll be back Friday night, so should be able to fall into the advance schedule just right if it goes the way it's set right now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Did Kevin Steele End Up At Wisconsin ?
    [​IMG]
    Champaign, IL -- This one was close for a half. Wisconsin hit the road for the first time in awhile facing a struggling but young Illinois team. Wisconsin opened with the ball and moved past midfield before Joe Stave tossed an interception to CB Ta'Jarvis Fuller who was tackled at the Illinois 20 yard line. RB Donovonn Young took a delayed hand off, broke 3-4 tackles to open the Illinois' series. A few plays later though QB Reilly O'Toole threw an interception to sophomore CB Jerry Wade who picked off the pass and returned it for the touchdown to give Wisconsin a 7-0 lead. It didn't take Illinois long to answer back after Young went for another big run to get inside the Wisconsin 20 and a few plays later TE Jamaal Wood haueld in a 25 yard touchdown from O'Toole to tie things up at 7. Wisconsin marched down the field after a big run from Melvin Gordon but didn't get much further and Drew Meyer kicked through a field goal to lead 10-7. Illinois ran a screen to Young to open their next drive that went for 30 yards, Young broke a tackle and he miraculously bounced into WIDE open field (check out that homoness at 0:55) Young was somehow ran down from behind at the Wisconsin 30. Luckily for Wisconsin, O'Toole ran the option and elected to toss it backwards 10 yards to Young who was gobbled up. Illinois was forced to settle on a field goal and knot it up at 10.​
    The 2nd quarter was a little more relaxing. Stave and Chase Hammond hooked up for a 40 yard gain up the middle. Stave left the game for a few plays and RS Freshman Eugene Scott came in and converted a 3rd & 12 to Marquise Mason to move inside the Illinois 10 yard line. A few plays FB Sherard Cadogan ran in the 1 yarder to lead 17-10. The Illini kept fighting and moved deep into Wisconsin territory again but again settled on a field goal to trail 17-13. Stave opened the next drive with another deep pass over the middle to Isaiah Williams to gain 43 yards and move into Illinois territory, on the next play Melvin Gordon took a handoff and went 31 yards for the score to give Wisconsin the 24-13 lead. Illinois moved late in the quarter past midfield and looked like they were going to get a late touchdown but O'Toole tossed one up in the endzone and CB Jenial Jean intercepted the pass and the teams went to half 24-13 Badgers.​
    Wisconsin held Illinois to a punt to open the 3rd and the first play for the Badgers was a screen to Chris Hammond, Hammond caught the reception and went 45 yards up the right sideline before being pushed out of bounds. RB Vonte Jackson took two consecutive hand offs and ran inside the Illinois 5 yard line, the next play Stave found true freshman TE Kyle Grant for the touchdown to lead 31-13. The 3rd quarter was UGLY for Illinois. On the next possession Illinois didn't get anything going and punted back to Wisconsin who struck again on a huge play with RB Vonte Jackson who replaced the injured Melvin Gordon (out 3 weeks). Jackson took the handoff and went 60 yards up the field as Wisconsin was in control 38-13 midway through the 3rd quarter. It got uglier for the guys in orange though as less then 20 seconds later, O'Toole tossed his 2nd interception of the day to CB Michael Wiggins who returned the pick 38 yards for the score, 45-13 Wisconsin. O'Toole connected on two big pass plays on the next drive to quickly move Illinois inside Wisconsin's 10 yard line and RB Josh Ferguson scored on a 6 yard run for Illinois. In came the back ups, true freshman QB Eugene Scott kept a read option and went 30 yards up the sideline before being pushed out and Vonte Jackson did the rest of the work on another 2 yard touchdown run to lead 52-20 headed to the 4th. ​
    O'Toole was again stud or dud in the 4th. He moved Illinois at will to open the quarter and threw another touchdown to trail 52-27. The Badgers answered back when Jenial Jean returned the ensuing kickoff 102 yards. Illinois again went to work torching the back up secondary but he was intercepted yet again, this time by CB Jenial Jean (i dont know why he was even in, probably cuz my depth at CB is thin as shit) and Jean returned this one for a score 59-27 Wisconsin. O'Toole did it once again when he threw his 4th pick 6 of the game on the next drive to WR Marqise Mason (why's this guy playing defense?) and Mason returned this one for a touchdown, 66-27 Wisconsin and there was still over 6:00 left in the game. Wisconsin chewed the clock and tried to keep things on the ground. Illinois added a O'Toole 46 yard touchdown run (terrible tackling lol) but suffered a terrible loss to Wisconsin 66-34. Wisconsin will take an off week and prepare for Northwestern.​
    Player Stats
    [​IMG]
    QB Joe Stave: 8/15, 146 Yards, TD, INt​
    RB Vonte Jackson: 15 Att, 142 Yards, 2 TD​
    WR Chase Hammond: 3 Rec, 85 Yards​
    CB Jerry Wade: 6 Tackles, INT TD​
    [​IMG]
    QB Reilly O'Toole: 30/51, 403 Yards, 2 TD, 4 INT​
    HB Donovonn Young: 18 Att, 130 Yards​
    TE Jon Davis: 8 Rec, 69 Yards, TD​
    ROLB Earnest Thomas: 5 Tackles​
    Video

15. PAgamer07

Four pick 6's?? That is crazy!! WTF am I doing wrong? Do you use agressive pass defense setting?

16. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

no lol, they're just dumb passes. 2 of em were where the WR & CB are basically just standing in the flat side by side.

17. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Can you use aggressive pass defense? I've had some games like that though, sometimes it seems like the QB gets rattled, and suddenly the D can catch everything. The pick 6's are pretty insane though.

And dude, TE, these videos are awesome man.

• Like Like x 1
  18. PAgamer07

My guys can't catch a cold apparently. I have tons hit them in the hands, but drop them. Do you user them before the ball gets there?

Also schreck822 Yes, they are allowed. The only thing banned is: Run Commit, Jump Snap and Strip Ball I think.

19. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I rarely user one. Watch the video old man, they're all in it lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

thanks for noticing...

• Like Like x 1
  21. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Cool. I knew some were allowed, don't use many of them very often so I never think about it. I do like playing guys that use run commit though, fun to make them look stupid when you set them up for it.

22. PAgamer07

On my work PC which blows... ESPN Radio and taht playing will crash it.

• Like Like x 1
  23. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

pretty sure this is how you want it. :)

24. PAgamer07

Well yeah .. realistic stats take precedent, but we're below average in INT

• Like Like x 1
  25. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

[​IMG]
    #18[​IMG][​IMG]
    4-2 (3-2) @ 3-2 (2-0)​
    10/11/14 12:30pm​
    The rain was pouring down in this one and so were the points in the first half. Stanford would get on the board first with a 41 yard field goal by Phillips. Oregon State would take the lead on a 51 yard TD run by Malcom Agnew. This is just one of the big runs Agnew had in a big game for him. The lead did not last long at all as on the kick off Kyle Young would take the return 100 yards for the touchdown. ​
    The Beavers would get back on top early in the second on a three yard reception by Anderson. The Stanford offense would then go three and out. On the Beavers first play WR Gwacham would haul in a 55 yard play action pass for a score. Facing a third and 19 Stanford looked like they would go three and out again but Will Ellis would get past the cornerback and safety before catching the pass from Eric Schultz and going on running for the 84 yard touchdown. The Cardinal defense was riding the momentum and forced a three and out. Schultz would move the offense into the redzone before overthrowing the wide open receiver in the end zone twice. Phillips would connect on a 43 yard field goal to make the game 21-20. Oregon State would march down the field with ease. Looking to score, cornerback Browning would end that hope by picking the pass off in the end zone and returned it to the 43 yard line. Ellis would be the man again as he caught a 57 yard pass before the half to give the Cardinal the 27-21 lead.​
    Oregon State would move the ball on pretty well before punting the ball that landed and stuck on the one yard line. Starting at the one Schultz and Barry Sanders would lead Stanford on a 15 play drive before it ended with Schultz throwing an interception. ​
    Early in the fourth Stanford had the chance to extend the lead to nine but Phillips 44 yard attempt bounced off the crossbar. The next Stanford drive would end on a three and out. The Beavers would take over on the Stanford 41 yard line with 2:32 left in the game. They would face a fourth and inches from the 31 yard line and Agnew would get a two yard run. Stanford Safety Jordan Richards would make a huge play with 51 seconds left in the game as he swatted down the TE post pass in the end zone. On fourth and three from the 22 yard line Agnew was not able to be the hero as he only managed one yard. Stanford would go to kneel downs but Oregon State had all there time outs so Stanford had to punt with seven seconds left. The Beavers returner would call the fair catch and Oregon State would take over on their 45 yard line with two seconds left. A.J. Tarpley had the bead on the QB for the sack but would run right past him, Mannion would wind up and launch the pass 55 yards to the end zone. It looked like it would be a jump ball touchdown but by luck the Cardinal defender would knock the pass down in the end zone. Stanford escapes with a win in Corvalis 27-21.​
    [​IMG]
    E. Schultz: 16/26 248-Yds 2-TD 1-INT​
    B. Sanders Jr.: 18-Att 59-Yds​
    W. Ellis: 2-Rec 141-Yds 2-TD​
    [​IMG]
    S. Mannion: 17/27 180-Yds 2-TD 1-INT​
    M. Agnew: 25-Att 174-Yds 1-TD​
    O. Gwacham: 3-Rec 84-Yds 1-TD​

• Like Like x 2