2014 (S3)- Week 9

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by TEClemson53, Sep 26, 2012.

1. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Upset week came early I guess. We have our fair share of them last week. Florida defended their turf and knocked off previously #1 Alabama. Just when you think Bama is on the way to another Title, they've hit a little road bump, however they only fell to #5 and have plenty of time and opportunities to jump back to the top. Florida is still fighting from their loss to Tennessee (2-4), the Vol's are killing Florida in the BCS polls. Florida jumped to 8th after the big win but if Tennessee could win some games, it would help the Gators SOS. The other upset we saw was again Utah overtaking USC in Salt Lake City. There is just something about the Ute's that give Coach Rockwell a FIT. Utah QB Chase Hanson connected on big play after big play and went 17/21 threw the air to knock off the previously #2 Trojans. USC was fresh off a huge win over #7 Washington, could they have came in with the big head or overlooking a few weeks to Oregon. That Oregon game means a little more now, not only redemption but it could help leap USC back up the ranks. ​
    Cal was ranked......was. They hosted Colorado but that didn't go well at all. They got whipped up and down the field 55-24. Absolutely shocking. The Bears are officially out of Pac-12 Title talks with this loss. It's embarrassing for Cal and definitely not the outcome anyone saw coming. Now for some good news with the Pac-12. Stanford has had it's up's & down's over the last few years and not many people expected the Cardinal to even compete with Notre Dame. They definitely competed. They got the best of the Irish and then some more. Stanford won by 30 points.... 30!!!!, 54-24 win for Stanford, huge huge victory for coach Adams. ​
    The rest of our user games were blowouts, Wisconsin had the week off and will travel to Northwestern for a huge top 5 match up between #2 and #4. Oregon blew out UCLA 61-35, I'm glad someone decided to score some points on that Oregon defense. South Carolina put a little wax job on the Missouri Tigers 44-24, Northwestern knocked off Minnesota 38-10, Arkansas took a big Pig poo on Texas State 34-10, Ohio State destroyed in-state rival Cincy 30-7 and finally Michigan came away victorious over Penn State 41-7. ​
    Cal will get their shot at redemption this week but will Coach Adams allow it ?...It's the annual Cal/Stanford game. Cal fell out of the Top 25 after the loss last week while Stanford jumped to #12, can Cal take a stab at that #12 ranking? #1 Oregon will play Washington State, beware of the Air-Raid and 60-70+ throws by the QB. South Carolina will play Vanderbilt. The Gamecocks are fresh into the top 5 so they need to stay focused. Ohio State will get back into conference play against Nebraska, Coach Evans is still away on his drunken voyage so hopefully his team will play like they did last week against Cincinnati. The Gators will get Ole Miss, Florida needs to get their focus back in the right direction and not let the celebration from last week carry over to this week. ​
    Michigan will get rival Michigan State. Michigan State got the best of the Wolverines for a few years but since Coach Hart has taken over, it's been nothing but the Big Blue coming away with success in this series. USC will try to get things back on the right track against Arizona State. How will coach Schreck do in his Redshirts user debut? He's got the advantage with home field advantage, a great QB/WR/RB duo with him and the fact Coach Eidson has no clue of what's coming. The Badger defense hasn't stopped really anyone all season, they just force turnovers. Wisconsin will be missed star running back Melvin Gordon & corner Devin Gaulden. Can they make it happen without them ? The offense isn't scary but neither is Northwestern's defense. It should be a legit game but it will most likely get sim'd because Schreck is gone until Friday night & TEClemson won't be home Friday night. Gay.​
    [​IMG]
    Week 9's Key Players for #2 Wisconsin @ #4 Northwestern​
    [​IMG]
    QB Joel Stave: 32/48, 644 Yards, 8 TD, 2 INT​
    HB Vonte Jackson: 50 Att, 318 Yards, 4 TD​
    WR Isaiah Williams: 21 Rec, 424 Yards, 6 TD​
    ROLB Marcus Trotter: 21 Tackles, 12 TFL, Sack, FF​
    [​IMG]
    QB Trevor Siemian: 68/123, 1205 Yards, 11 TD, 5 INT​
    HB Treyvon Green: 118 Att, 625 Yards, 4 TD​
    WR Kyle Prater: 25 Rec, 561 Yards, 7 TD​
    MLB Collin Ellis: 21 Tackles, 8 TFL, 6 Sacks, FF​
    --------------------------------------------------------- Rankings ---------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------- Standings ---------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Week 8's Top Performers​
    [​IMG] QB Jacoby Brissett: 15/27, 311 Yards, 3 TD, INT​
    [​IMG] QB Eric Schultz: 22/35, 386 Yards, 4 TD​
    [​IMG] HB DeAnthony Thomas: 20 Att, 168 Yards, 3 TD​
    [​IMG] QB Trevor Siemian: 15/22, 281 Yards, 3 TD​
    [​IMG] WR Will Ellis: 6 Rec, 130 Yards, 2 TD​
    [​IMG] WR Quinton Dunbar: 4 Rec, 154 Yards, 2 TD​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Poor ryalaman , the Colorado stats for offense & defense are ridiculous​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Autzen Stadium​
    Eugene, OR​
    It's been 5 years since Washington State beat the Ducks. It ain't happenin this year and Oregon will extend their streak to 6 and the all-time record to 47-33
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Sun Devil Stadium​
    Tempe, AZ​
    USC only leads 18-10 all-time, the last win the Sun Devils snagged was in 2011 43-22. That was the first win against the Trojans since 1999.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Stanford Stadium​
    Stanford, CA​
    Everyone knows about the "Band On The Field" game, it's been all Stanford as of recent years if I recall. Cal trails 45-40 in the all-time series and unless Ryal won in 2012 their last win before that was in '09.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Williams-Brice Stadium​
    Columbia, SC​
    Vanderbilt has gotten whipped up on by the Gamecocks for quite some time. Vanderbilt trails 19-4 all-time including Nachos 2 game streak along with the 3 game streak before that.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Ben Hill Griffin Stadium​
    Gainesville, FL​
    Somehow, Ole Miss leads this series 12-10. I'm not sure of the Redshirts records but Ole Miss knocked off the Gators last in 2007.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Memorial Stadium​
    Lincoln, NE​
    They met in '55 & '56 but didn't face off again until Nebraska joined the B1G. The Buckeyes lost in 2011 but rebounded in 2012 & 2013 under coach Screw & Evans.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Michigan Stadium​
    Ann Arbor, MI​
    Before Coach Hart took over, Michigan State rode a 4 game streak dating back to 2007. Since then Hart has dominated the Spartans and gained the state dominance back as the Wolverines lead 69-32 all-time.
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Ryan Field​
    Evanston, IL​
    They've only played each other 6 times and they're tied 3-3. Wisconsin won the last meeting in 2011 which was the first meeting since 1974.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 24 - 14 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 17 - 21 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 14 - 21 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 7 - 24 [​IMG]
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    .​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 17 - 21 [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Since when is 400 yards passing, 250 rushing, 9 or 10 sacks, and 3 super LB/safety INTs ridiculous?

• Like Like x 1
  3. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Nice photoshoping.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

South Carolina survives 1-4 Vanderbilt in OT. Yes, in OT. They went on a 13 play, 3.5 minute, 88 yard drive to take the lead with about a minute left. I drove down and made a 38 yard field goal as time expired. In OT I had 1st and goal from the .00001 yard line. I do a QB sneak, my running back gets called for holding. I finally convert on a crossing route to the WR. Then on 4th and long the shitty Vandy QB threw it 40 yards out of bounds.

5. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Hey TEClemson53, looking like I might get home by 2pm central tomorrow afternoon, would you be able to play around then?

6. JohnnyClutch

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]#12​
    4-3 (2-2) vs 6-2 (4-2)​
    10/25/14 9:00pm​
    It's the Big Game. The last two seasons the home team has come away victorious. This would end up being one of the shortest games this college season as the clock was always running, especially in the first half. Stanford got the ball to start the game as Cal elected to receive the ball to start the second half. The Cardinal would move the ball down the field with ease and get on the board on a eight yard touchdown run from Barry Sanders Jr. ​
    The scoring would start early in the second quarter as Maurice Harris hauled in a three yard TD pass. A mix of the run and passing game would get Stanford down the field again. Eric Schultz would find Kodi Whitfield open on the corner route in the end zone from 11 yards out. Then the Cole Leininger show would start with a 50 yard field goal. Schultz would end up throwing an interception that gave the Golden Bears the ball on the Cardinal 29 yard line. The defense was able to keep Cal out of the end zone but Leininger connected on a 26 yard field goal. Stanford would lead at the half 14-13.​
    The Leininger show would continue in the third quarter as Cole would add a 32 yard field goal to take the lead. Eric Schultz would throw his second pick of the game in the third quarter.​
    Fourth quarter would start with Stanford going three and out. Cal wouldn't fare any better as they also went three and out. The Bears punter would pin the ball at the seven yard line. The Cardinal would take over with 4:25 left in the game. Schultz would have to convert some critical third downs and Sanders would provide some great runs to move Stanford into the red zone. On first down Sanders was stuffed in the backfield for a loss. Second Schultz sacked. This would bring up a third and 23 or so. Coach Adams plan was to have a couple routes to the end zone and a couple underneath routes to set up a manageable fourth down. Whitfield would catch a 13 yard pass to make it fourth down. With a fourth and ten it looked to be pretty much game over. Then all of the sudden Schultz caught a glimpse of Ty Montgomery running across the back of the end zone. Schultz threw it out there, Ty jumped up and came down with the ball. Coach Yalamanchili quickly said Montgomery landed out of bounds. He wanted to throw the red flag but couldn't. He was hoping the booth would bring down a challenge but they didn't. Cal would get the ball back with around 50 seconds left in the game. A completed pass and then a spike. Boehm would throw a pass that hit the linebacker right in the hands. A few out routes would stop the clock and move the ball down the field and into Leininger's range. With four seconds left Leininger would line up for the 53 yard field goal. After being iced, Leininger would send the kick off. It looked as to not have a high enough angle to make it from the start and indeed the kick came up short. Stanford wins! 20-19.​
    [​IMG]
    K. Boehm: 23/27 239-Yds 1-TD​
    D. Lasco: 12-Att 68-Yds​
    B. Treggs: 8-Rec 81-Yds​
    [​IMG]
    E. Schultz: 14/18 150-Yds 2-TD 2-INT​
    B. Sanders Jr.: 16-Att 128-Yds 1-TD​
    T. Montgomery: 9-Rec 103-Yds 1-TD​

• Like Like x 2
  7. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Yeah but I need a definite yes or no. I leave for the race track around 4-4:30. so 2 CT/ 3 EST would be the absolute latest I could play

8. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Alright, I'll know for sure what time I'll get home by tomorrow morning, but right now I see no reason I won't be by 2. I'll message you right away in the morning to confirm, but plan on 2 and I'll do what i have to to get home on time.

• Like Like x 2
  9. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Geez Josh... that last TD you had like an hour in the pocket.

10. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

I'm not marked as ready, but I did my recruiting so I am ready to advance so once everyone else is done feel free to advance.

11. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I think the losers in the B1G are playing tomorrow at 2, so it wont be until I get off work probably.

12. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

if you wanna transfer me the shit tonight, I can advance it as soon as we are done tomorrow .

13. JohnnyClutch

So Screw doesn't run wild on you.
    [​IMG]

14. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

haha, i'm done. stayin outa skype too.

15. JohnnyClutch

16. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Everything is on schedule Trey, will be there by 2 .

• Like Like x 1
  17. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I am on and ready when you are Trey.

18. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Badgers Rally To Win
    [​IMG]
    Not going to go in depth with this thing because I have a highlight video below. Northwestern's defense came out and shut down Wisconsin to open things up. The offense also came out prepared to play and marched right down the field on the Badger defense and put the first points on the board with a Treyvon Green 3 yard touchdown run. Wisconsin looked horrible again on their next drive and a Joel Stave deep ball would be intercepted on 3rd down by CB Daniel Jones. The Badger defense bent but didn't break on the next drive and forced Northwestern to punt. They responded on the scoreboard with this drive with a Vonte Jackson 1 yard run that was setup off a previously huge run from Jackson.​
    The second quarter blew up the scoreboard, Wisconsin found themselves down 14-7 when the Wildcats scored on a 30 yard pass to star receiver Kyle Prater from QB Trevor Siemian. However, yet again the Badgers answered. It was again Jackson to the left , this time the run went 74 yards and just like that thing were tied at 14. Wisconsin's defense stepped up and forced a punt and the Wisconsin offense went back to work and eventually gave Wisconsin the lead 21-14 off a Kenzel Doe 18 yard score from QB Joel Stave. The train went completely off the tracks from here for Wisconsin. Northwestern moved with ease and Treyvon Green got another rushing touchdown. Northwestern's defense forced a punt that was returned deep inside Wisconsin territory that setup another 6 yard Green run to lead 28-21. Shortly after that, Northwestern forced another punt and the Wildcat return man Jordan Perkins returned the punt 79 yards to lead 35-21 over Wisconsin with 20 seconds remaining. Wisconsin used that time to get into field goal range and boot through a Drew Meyer 44 yarder and trailed Northwestern 35-24 at the half.​
    The second half was much more calm then the second quarter. Wisconsin's defense finally showed up and gave their offense a chance. The only score of the 3rd came with a little under 2:00 minutes remaining in the quarter when QB Joel Stave connected with WR Marquise Mason in the endzone to trail 35-31 going into the 4th. Northwestern marched into the 4th with the ball and moved into Badger territory and eventually into the redzone before settling on a Ray Hayden 44 yarder to lead 38-31. Wisconsin's offense nickel & dime'd it's way down the field when before 3rd string RB Jeffrey Lewis bounced in from 3 yards out to knot things up at 38 with 2:52 left. Northwestern opened up the drive with a 25 yard run from Treyvon Green. A few plays later, Semian's pass to receiver Kyle Prater who ran a deep curl was intercepted by Wisconsin star CB Jenial Jean and returned into NW territory. Badger RB Vonte Jackson went up the left side of the field 28 yards to take the 45-38 lead. Northwestern moved the sticks a couple times before a 4th down pass was batted down and gave Wisconsin the ball on downs and the ability to take victory formation. GG schreck822
    Player Stats
    [​IMG]
    QB Joel Stave: 18/32, 242 Yards, 2 TD, INT​
    HB Vonte Jackson: 20 Att, 192 Yards, 3 TD​
    WR Marquise Mason: 3 Rec, TD​
    CB Jenial Jean: 2 Tackles, INT​
    [​IMG]
    QB Trevor Siemian: 12/24, 222 Yards, TD, INT​
    HB Treyvon Green: 24 Att, 106 Yards, 3 TD​
    WR Kyle Prater: 5 Rec, 134 Yards, TD​
    ROLB Ifeadi Odenigbo: 4 Tackles, Sack​

19. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Nice write up man, that was one hell of a good game. After those back to back great punt returns, I thought I was golden, but I couldn't keep anything going offensively that second half, then that pick I threw after you tied it sealed the deal. Just a bone head play on my part. Good luck the rest of the way, hope we get to play again in the title game.

Also, for some reason the video is showing up as private when I try to watch it, not sure what that means, but if possible to change I'd love to be able to watch that again, even though I'll probably have about 5 facepalm moments when I relive the plays I blew huge opportunities to put this game out of reach early in the 2nd half.

20. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

yeah I thought you were golden too. I couldn't cover Prater, that guy is a beast. I fixed the video.

21. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

That play at the 3:20 mark in the video was the play of the game, your QB should have been sacked twice at the goal line, instead he shrugged my DL off like the runts they are and stepped up to make a huge first down. That 96 yard drive gave you all the momentum and I just never recovered. Love being able to watch those replays, wish I could put that type of thing together.