2014 (S4) Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Oct 25, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU Games due Wednesday October 26, 10pm PST
    USER Games due Thurday October 27, 10pm PST

USER Games:

WSU gowazzucougs vs FAU recchem2000

Im at work so I dont have access to the wire.

2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

How cute. Reese scheduled me against Stanford.

• Like Like x 1
  3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We thought you might enjoy that :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

You might get a better feel for what it is like to be me. Of course this is season 4, they might not be super duper good

5. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Welcome to Week 1!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Owls travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (0-0).

=============== Cincinnati Bearcats (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bearcats travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (0-0).

=============== Washington Huskies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Huskies travel to Boulder to face the Colorado Buffaloes (0-0).

=============== Kansas Jayhawks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Jayhawks are idle.

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Stanford to face the #6 Stanford Cardinal (0-0).

=============== West Virginia Mountaineers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Mountaineers are idle.

=============== #5 Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Ducks are idle.

=============== UCLA Bruins (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bruins are idle.

=============== Washington State Cougars (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cougars will host Florida Atlantic (0-0).

=============== #8 USF Bulls (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bulls will host UCF (0-0).

=============== San Diego State Aztecs (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Aztecs travel to Raleigh to face the #15 NC State Wolfpack (0-0).

=============== Navy Midshipmen (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Midshipmen will host #14 Ohio State (0-0).

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Cincinnati 38
    Purdue 3

Coach Dakota wins his debut for the Bearcats, as QB Munchie Legeaux tosses 3 touchdowns passes and 287 yards. HB Jameel Poteat ran for 100 yards and 2 scores. The Bearcat defense held the Boilermakers under 175 total yards and forced 2 turnovers.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG][​IMG]

Coach Rec Chem takes his new team on the road in the Pulman rain and knocks off the Cougars 27-24. The Owls jumped out to an early 24-10 lead going into the 2nd half behind a long TD run by HB Michael Tyler and 2 TD passes by Senior QB Stephen Curtis. The 3rd quarter saw both teams move the ball but were unable to put any points on the board.

Washington State finally struck back early in the 4th quarter, as QB Connor Halliday hit Walter Kirkpatrick for a 12 yard TD pass to cut the Owl lead to 7 with just over 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter. With time winding the down, FAU would throw a backwards pass on a quick screen pass, which was promptly dropped and recovered by Washing State. The Cougars tied the game up with 3 and half minutes to play as Halliday hit TE Aaron Dunn on a 9 yard pass play.

FAU's drive to take the lead would stall out and were forced to punt. WSU was moving the ball with just under a minute left when Halliday threw a pick inside the FAU 20 yard line. With all 3 timouts, the Owls marched down the field, got into field goal range (which has to be really close with my kicker) and hit the game winning FG as time expired. (a 28 yard iced FG...may not seem like much, but my range is about 34 maybe).

Good game as always gowazzucougs However, this is my first NO NCAA2012 user win, so you got that going for ya :D

Game Stats
    FAU QB Stephen Curtis 13/21 213 Yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's
    WSU QB Connor Halliday 21/35 300 Yards, 3 TD's, 2 INT's

FAU HB Julius Cartwright 18 Carries, 90 Yards
    FAU HB Michael Tyler 4 Carries, 67 Yards, 1 TD
    WSU HB Ricky Galvin 13 Carries, 67 Yards

FAU WR Marcus Cunningham 6 Catches, 79 Yards, 1 TD
    WSU WR Bobby Ratliff 6 Catches, 112 Yards, 1 TD

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Ha, you played! Man, great job everyone...24 hour advance!

10. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Had to rebuild my playbook so it took longer to get my game in. I changed up a few sets to get more TE action and it ended up removing the run audible from my I-Form Twins set for some reason. Enough of a bother to get me to rebuild the book from scratch. Custom playbooks suck!

11. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Week one saw San Diego State travel 2500 miles to face the #15 North Carolina State Wolfpack. In front of a hostile Raleigh NC crowd the Aztecs started hot intercepting the first pass from scrimmage and turning into 7 points on a 1 yard TD run. The suspect San Diego State defense would hold on the next Wolfpack possession then extend the lead to 10 after the offense stalled inside the 10 yard line. Still taking a 10-0 lead over a ranked opponent on the road made coach Osiris Monster smile. Again the defense held and San Diego State converted a key 3rd and long into a 19 yard TD pass, Goolsby's first of his NCAA career. Then things started to fall apart. Driving back into NC State territory Goolsby misread a flat route and NC State got on the scoreboard with a 66 yard INT return. Goolsby then missed two key passes on the next drive that stalled inside the Aztec 20 yard line and the Wolfpack came back to narrow the margin to just three points. Regaining his composure the junior college transfer hit WR Ezell Ruffin on a 54 yard strike to extend the lead to 10 just before half.

San Diego State started strong in the second half scoring on the opening possession to extend their lead to 31-14. The Wolfpack wouldn't be denied though and exploited the poor Aztec linebacking corp on a 77 yard TD pass to NC State HB Alan Petty. That was the last time the Wolfpack would see the endzone as San Diego State took control of the 4th quarter scoring two unanswered TDs and capping a strong road win against a ranked opponent on the other side of the nation.

Junior college transfer and now starting Aztec QB Oliver Goolsby struggled at times during his first NCAA game but still managed 3 TD passes and over 300 yards passing while proven HB Adam Muema accumulated 169 yards on the ground and scored three times.

After the game we asked coach Osiris Monster about the changes to his offense and how he felt about the first game. "We decided to move away from the aggressive no huddle you saw employed last year. That offense works well when you have a signal caller familiar with the system and experienced in the speed of NCAA football. Bernards was a senior and had starting experience last year. Goolsby is just starting his NCAA play. It didn't make sense to force him to learn such a high tempo offense. Obviously you saw the results. Anytime you can stick 45 points on the #15 team in the nation you know you made the right choice. Going into our game with Mid Tennessee State this week we need to improve on defense and Goolsby needs to make better choices passing the ball. We can't keep turning over the ball and expect to win."

12. gowazzucougs

I see you went all out on this providing graphics and everything. It was a good game, it took me a bit to get a feel for my offense, and then Galvin went down for two quarters, which made me go with the legend Chester Su a. I was hoping to get a CPU game before playing a user, but oh well. I am going to work on figuring out how to look to the sidelines. Jello's video may have solved some of the problems.

13. dakota7

Jello's video?

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Only the best for you Cougs :D

15. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I had the same thought...what is the jello video?

16. gowazzucougs

You know jello1717. He posted a video to help me, get my players to look towards the side line, a thread I posted in the Coaches Lounge.

17. dakota7

Ok, I'll check it out.