2014 (S4) Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Oct 26, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU Games due by Thursday October 27, 10pm PST
    USER Games due by Friday October 28, 10pm PST

USER Games
    Navy UniQue2Three at FAU recchem2000
    San Diego State OsirisMonster at Middle Tennessee State Cheez
    Kansas aarondramp at Cincinnati dakota7

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida Atlantic won 27-24 against Washington State (0-1).
    This week, the Owls will host Navy (1-0).

=============== Cincinnati Bearcats (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Cincinnati won 38-3 against Purdue (0-1).
    This week, the Bearcats will host Kansas (0-0).

=============== Washington Huskies (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Washington won 56-22 against Colorado (0-1).
    This week, the Huskies are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Washington targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Ted James has committed to Nevada
    - (***) CB Arnold Wilson has committed to Washington

=============== Kansas Jayhawks (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Jayhawks were idle.
    This week, the Jayhawks travel to Cincinnati to face the Cincinnati Bearcats (1-0).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State lost 10-3 against Stanford (1-0).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host #19 San Diego State (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Andy Barber has committed to Duke

=============== West Virginia Mountaineers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Mountaineers were idle.
    This week, the Mountaineers travel to College Park to face the #16 Maryland Terrapins (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following West Virginia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Maurice Harris has committed to Alabama
    - (****) CB Ron Small has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (****) TE Bernard Wright has committed to Miami
    - (***) RT Dave Cason has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #5 Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Ducks were idle.
    This week, the Ducks travel to Las Vegas to face the UNLV Rebels (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Tommy Beard has committed to Oregon
    - (****) ROLB Jeff Montgomery has committed to LSU
    - (*****) QB Matt Gallagher has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) ROLB Xavier Hunter has committed to Oklahoma

=============== UCLA Bruins (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Bruins were idle.
    This week, the Bruins travel to San Jose to face the San Jose State Spartans (0-0).

=============== Washington State Cougars (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Washington State lost 27-24 against Florida Atlantic (1-0).
    This week, the Cougars are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Washington State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Jeremiah Henry has committed to Washington State
    - (***) ROLB Van Wilson has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== #8 USF Bulls (1-0) ===============
    Last week, USF won 34-14 against UCF (0-1).
    This week, the Bulls travel to Athens to face the #20 Georgia Bulldogs (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following USF targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Gene Cox has committed to USF
    - (****) WR Dwight Dahl has committed to Georgia

=============== #19 San Diego State Aztecs (1-0) ===============
    Last week, San Diego State won 45-21 against NC State (0-1).
    This week, the Aztecs travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following San Diego State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) QB Matt Gallagher has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) WR Roman Hunt has committed to San Diego State

=============== Navy Midshipmen (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Navy won 17-9 against Ohio State (0-1).
    This week, the Midshipmen travel to Ft. Lauderdale to face the Florida Atlantic Owls (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Navy targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Andy Barber has committed to Duke
    - (****) CB Luke McKinney has committed to Michigan State

3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

OsirisMonster

I am pulling an all nighter for class tonight, and have a 14 hour day tomorrow. I dont think I'll be around to play until thursday, bro. Even then, it would have to be kind of early (7:45 pst at the latest) or kind of late to accomidate for the AM offseason.

4. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Can you play Friday? I likely won't be around Thursday.

5. sreese

sreese Walk On

So after one of the most enjoyable games i have had against the cpu. Got a fucking tf. I tried to sim it but my team isnt going to win at georgia without me so i will replay it tomorrow and just live with the results.:eek:

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG][​IMG]

FAU improves to 2-0 on the season, defeating Navy 27-20 in Ft. Lauderdale. FAU was in control of this game for first half and most of the 3rd quarter, leading 13-3 and driving for another score. However, Owls QB Stephen Curtis was hit while throwing the ball, the refs ruled it a fumble and a Navy DE rumbled 62 yards for a TD making it 3 point game.

The Owls would respond as HB Julius Cartwright would score at the end of the 3rd quarter, getting the lead back to 10. Navy would not go away, as they found their stride running the ball in the 4th quarter, eventually tying the game with 2 and half minutes to play. Both teams have lousy kickers and exchanged punts late. With under a minute to play and the score tied at 20, Curtis engineered the Owls down the field and into Navy territory. On 3rd and 7 from about the 35 yard line, Curtis would hit WR Greg Lynch on a seam route, just getting ball by the safety to score the go ahead TD with seconds to play. A squib kick and the ball game was over.

Great game UniQue2Three I got lucky as hell but needed to get inside the 20 to have any shot at kicking a game winning FG. Luckily for me, your safety was a tad late coming over to pick up that WR!

Game Stats
    Navy QB Trey Miller 13/20 154 Yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
    FAU QB Stephen Curtis 14/22 266 Yards, 2 TD, 0 INT

Navy HB J Green 21 Carries, 118 Yards, 1 TD
    FAU HB Julius Cartwright 18 Carries, 136 Yards, 1 TD

Navy WR Tim Tolbert 2 Catches, 45 Yards
    FAU WR Marcus Cunningham 4 Catches, 106 Yards, 1 TD

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You got time...we should be advancing after aaron and dakota play tomorrow night

8. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

West Virgina spotted the Terrapins 13 points as the Mountaineers were inept on offense and fumbled on a kickoff. But WVU bounced back scoring 24 unanswered. The scored 14 in the final 1:15 of the first half. QB Millard hit WR McCall on a 50 yard hail mary with zeros on the clock. Maryland's high powered offense was constantly being put in 3rd and long situations, which resulted in them going 1-15 on third down. The Mountaineers will need a better overall game against Oregon to have a chance.

West Virgina 31 - #16 Maryland 19

9. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

San Diego State holds on in Murfreesboro wining 24-17 against Mid Tennessee State.

The Aztecs started with the ball on offense and went nowhere fast failing to convert a 3rd and short. Mid Tennessee State QB Rogers then handed the ball right back to the Aztecs when he threw the first of his six INTs on the day. Looking at a short field the Aztecs drove only to stall inside the 5 yard line and settle for the 19 yard FG. Back came the Blue Raiders to tie the game on a 42 yard FG. San Diego State moved quickly down the field on their next drive when first year QB Goolsby hit his true freshman TE Jackson for a 65 yard reception. This set up a Muema 14 yard TD run and 10-3 lead for the Aztecs. Mid Tennessee State looked to tie up the game but Rogers threw another of his picks and the Aztec offense was back on the field. The Aztecs went nowhere fast again and both teams exchanged positions before the Aztecs took over around mid field with under a minute left before half leading 10-3. That's when Aztec QB Goolsby made his only mistake of the day under throwing a corner route that got picked off by the Blue Raiders and returned 76 yards to tie up the game leading into halftime.

The second half saw more Mid Tennessee State turnovers that turned into a pair of Aztec TDs. One came when Mid Tennessee State was driving down the field inside the San Diego State 10 yard line when Blue Raider HB McMillian fumbled the ball at about the three yard line. San Diego State turned that turnover into 7 points off an 83 yard counter by Muema and 4 yard run by Hardwick. Despite the Mid Tennessee State 7 turnovers on the night they were never out of the game. Minus the big run by Muema San Diego State couldn't get anything going on the ground, especially between the tackles, and had to punt a number of times on fourth and 1. The Blue Raiders had a chance to tie the game getting the ball back trailing by just a TD with about 1:45 left in the game but Rogers 6th pick of the night put an end to coach Cheez's hopes of defending the Sun Belt pride. Guess you just can't win a game going -6 in TO differential.

Key Stats:
    Mid Tennessee State
    QB Bryan Rogers. 4 of 17 for 119 yards 1 TD 6 INTs
    HB Nate McMillian. 21 rushes for 132 yards 0 TDs
    WR Brian Palmer. 2 catches for 105 yards 1 TD

San Diego State
    QB Oliver Goolsby. 10 of 14 for 126 yards 1 TD 1 INT
    HB Adam Muema. 19 rushes for 148 yards 1 TD
    TE Ben Jackson. 6 catches for 103 yards 1 TD
    MLB Mike Harris. 3 INTs

Up next for the Aztecs, a bye week followed by a showdown against #5 Oregon at Autzen Stadium.

On a final note, to all those that bet against me. Hope you enjoyed the show ;)

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I was trying to stick with my Sun Belt brother but should have known better :(

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Jesus Cheez, did your 5 star QB go legally blind over the summer?

• Like Like x 2
  12. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

He refused to acknowledge my backers. Didn't work out that well for him. He claims they "melded in with the logos on the field." Sounds like an excuse to me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

He's full of those :D

14. Cheez

that's what happens when someone "accidentally" falls down a flight of stairs and "accidentally" has his head slammed into a doorknob repeatedly :)

gowazzucougs, I'm sure you've heard of some of these accidents before in your professional life as a prosecutor. They happen all the time!

15. Cheez

BLENDED IN!!!

not melded. blended in. They were camouflaged.

16. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I have one right now, where the officer cited the guy, after the gal told the officer she fell down. I have never seen that ever. Usually I am told nothing happened after the fact.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

So you are telling me SDSU had homefield advantage at your place? You still loving MooFreessBuro or whatever the hell they call that place :D

18. Cheez

Absolutely.... after a couple beers.

Hey, did you bring the losers lounge to FAU with you when you left SJSU?

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im 2-0, no need to bring it just yet :)

I thought you don't drink beer...just those fruity drinks :cool:

20. Cheez

i had a couple beers in LA

21. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

dakota7

Good game. I'm pretty sure that you are just 7 points better than me since that's how it always goes.

22. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm not too sure about that. That botched punt was a huge point in the game and changed everything. Good game though.

Kansas 31
    Cincinnati 38

Another back and forth struggle between these two coaches, as coach Dakota comes from behind for the second straight year to steal a win. The Bearcats scored first on a td pass from Legaux to WR Chris Moore. The Jayhawks come storming back and scored the next 17 points on some big pass plays, as coach Dakota sold out to stop the run. Legaux connected on a 28 yard screen pass to HB Jameel Poteat, which led to a 44 yard td strike to Moore, 17-14 at half. The Bearcats stalled on the opening possession and settled for a field goal to tie it up. After a couple of punts by both teams, the game changed. After failing to convert a third and long deep inside Jayhawk territory, a miscommunication between the special teams coach and his team on the field led to a botched fake punt on 4th and 19. The Bearcats got the ball back on the 5 yard line and 2 plays later Poteat punched it in to take a 24-17 lead. Kansas connected on a long touchdown pass to tie it back up, followed by another Poteat td. After forcing a 3 and out, Cincy got the ball back with about 4:40 left. On the first play, Legaux connected with Moore for a third time to take a 38-24 lead. Kansas responded with a 70 yard td pass of their own to cut it to 7, but could get no closer as the Bearcats ran out the clock to end the game.

Good game Aaron.

23. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

dakota7

It was a good one. You made me pay any time I brought pressure or tried to stop the run. Even without the accidental fake punt, you were going to get the ball back with good field position. I enjoyed it, though. I just couldn't run much and had to change it up.

24. mboda

mboda Walk On

Oregon 55
    UNLV 17

Coach Mboda wins his debut as head coach of Oregon in a blowout over UNLV. QB Bryan Bennett threw for 358 yards and 3 touchdowns and RB Lache Seastrunk ran for 124 yards and 2 touchdowns and caught another. The Ducks defense had a decent day but Coach Boda is hoping for improvement as the season goes on. Next week stays on the road and takes on West Virginia.