2014 (S4) Week 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Nov 5, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Feb 24, 2009
    CPU Games due Sunday November 6, 10pm PST
    USER Games due Monday November 7, 10pm PST
  2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Sep 23, 2009
    Maryland 7
    Cincinnati 30

Bearcats shut down the Terrapins, holding them scoreless until a late garbage td broke up the shutout. HB Jameel Poteat ran for over 100 yards and a td and QB Munchie Legaux threw a td.

This game had a false start, I tried to squeeze it in yesterday afternoon but got shut down by my 2 year old after a quarter. I was able to get it played this morning before work.
  3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Oct 21, 2010
    Middle Tennessee Sinks Midshipmen

Middle Tennessee State: 24
    Navy: 21

It was once again raining in Murfreesboro. For as much rain as Middle Tennessee has seen this season, it was assumed that they were just going to play Battleship with Navy, but the turf drained well enough that the teams indeed play football. In the first half, it looked like MTSU would have been better served playing the board game, because they're offense was struggling to move the ball and the defense was just hanging on by a thread. The Blue Raiders trailed Navy 14-6 at the break, but the game was much more lopsided than that.

In the second half, the Blue Raiders made their charge. Led by Freshman Nate McMillan, MTSU nickeled and dimed their way down the field with the "three yards and a cloud of dust" offense. After a long drive, McMillan punched it in from 3 yards out, and then Rogers completed a pass on the 2 pt try to knot the score at 14. Navy would march back down the field and respond quickly with an 30 yard aerial strike from Miller to Alston. Navy was back in front 21-14 going into the forth, but MTSU was driving back down the field.

On the first play of the fourth quarter, Rogers hit Johnson in the seam for a 41 yard bomb which knotted the score back at 21. The teams would trade punts a couple of times, with MTSU winning the eventual field position battle. They took over around the 30 with a little over three minutes left. Coach Cheez and the Blue Raider offense continued to attack Navy on the ground, settling for 4 and 5 yard carries. Eventually, they would get to the cusp of field goal range, but be stopped with 30 seconds to play. Aaron Rogers came in for a 52 yard field goal from the right hash - and was iced by Coach Unique. The second time he came in, the kick was straight and true - giving MTSU their first lead since the score was 3-0, and giving the Blue Raiders their second win of the year.

Good game man. Hopefully you're brother brother will take it easy on me when he avenges you next year (a game that recchem has already promised me lol)
  4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs My sole purpose here is to beat recchem2000

Jul 18, 2010
    WSU 34
    Idaho 31

WSU is able to the tame the beast that is the Kibbie Dome. WSU jumped out to a early 10 point early, but the Vandals would fight back in the second quarter scoring 17 unanswered points. Momentum shifted back to WSU on back to back plays, Darryl Monroe recovered a fumble and returned it 60 yards for the score, then CB Jacques Holt intercepted a pass and returned it 44 yards for another score, and just like that it was 24-17. WSU would score another touchdown, on a five yard pass to Walter Kirkpatrick. The Vandals would not quit scoring two TDs to tie the game. But never fear, Halliday would get it together and lead the Cougs down the field putting them in field goal position, with Jeremy Wilcox kicking the game winner with time expiring.