2014 (S5) Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Feb 25, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU Games due by Saturday February 26, 10pm PST
    No User Games

Sorry for all the bye weeks in week 1. Schedules kind of turned into a nightmare last night. Cheez had them all set and sent the commish duties back to me. Low and behold, the schedules went back to default. So, all the user games Cheez came up with and I did the CPU games. I could not schedule what everyone wanted either from EA being stupid or just not having the space for the game. At any rate, its done, it took way too long but we are in week 1. If someone can post the wire crap I would appreciate it. Thanks to everyone who made it last night to crank out the offseason stuff. Good luck to everyone this season!

2. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Welcome to Week 1!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #19 Arizona Wildcats (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wildcats will host #13 Notre Dame (0-0).

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Fighting Illini are idle.

=============== #15 Iowa Hawkeyes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Hawkeyes are idle.

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Aggies are idle.

=============== #22 Missouri Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers travel to Columbia to face the South Carolina Gamecocks (0-0).

=============== #5 Oklahoma Sooners (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Sooners are idle.

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Buckeyes are idle.

=============== #6 Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Ducks travel to Fresno to face the Fresno State Bulldogs (0-0).

=============== #21 Oregon State Beavers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Beavers travel to Gainesville to face the #10 Florida Gators (0-0).

=============== #3 Texas Longhorns (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Longhorns are idle.

=============== #17 UCLA Bruins (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bruins travel to Baton Rouge to face the #2 LSU Tigers (0-0).

=============== #9 Wisconsin Badgers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Badgers travel to Knoxville to face the #7 Tennessee Volunteers (0-0).

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thanks Mexi!

4. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Can we wait until Saturday night to advance even if games are done? It always takes me a bit to get everything organized in terms of recruiting for week 1.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We probably wont be advancing until Saturday sometime as I think dakota is at the fire house today. Saturday is a busy day for me too so you might get your wish [​IMG]

6. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I'll try to get it done tonight but am not sure I'll be able to hop on this evening.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Ok man...shouldnt be a problem waiting until Saturday.

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

You're right Recc, I'm at work today and probably won't get done until late on Saturday.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

There you go aaron, take your time. We wont advance until Saturday night.

10. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Awesome, that'll give me time to set up the 2014 tweet boards and stuff too. Along with my recruiting endeavors.

11. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Nice Win Mexi!!!

12. MexiRican35

A sign for a good season begun early, as the Badgers first offensive play of the year was an 89 yard TD run by White. The Badgers kept doing what they do best, pounding the football for a total 216 yards. QB Livingston did his part also, going 12-14 for 250 yards with two scores. The defense completely shut down the Volunteers passing attack. Grant, who is replacing the former Heisman winner for Tenn, looked rattled all game as he was 11-29 with 125 yards and an INT. The Badgers will lock up against Coach Dakota's Ducks next week looking for his first win against the Badgers.

#9 Wisconsin 48 - #7 Tennessee 0

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I just saw that, 48-0. Tennessee got spanked!

14. MexiRican35

Thank you. Got my revenge and hopefully hurt them in recruiting all in one weeks worth. Doubt i actually will affect their recruiting it being so early in the season.

15. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

#22 Mizzou - 40
    South Carolina - 7

A good first win for the Tigers.. Mizzou came out with something to prove after their collapse at the end of last season and I think they did just that. The offense was led by new QB James Franklin. He did a great job going 14/17 with 293yds and 5 total TD's (4 passing & 1 rushing) The Mizzou RB's also had a solid game with K. Coleman gathering 80 yds and partner in crime K. Van gaining 41.

On the other side of the ball the Mizzou Defense ate up the SC offense only allowing 191 yds of total offense. They combined for 7 total sacks 2 Int's and 1 Forced Fumble..

A good start and are now getting ready to host the Beavers in Week 3.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

This proves how messed up EA is with scheduling. I had this as a home game for me, to balance everything out...6 on the road, 6 at home. Was supposed to have A&M at home and travel to Illinois. Who knows if those are still the same!

17. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Based on my memory from last night, all the user games look like they're unaffected.

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

They are...I had to move one game for one reason or another to an earlier week but other than that, the user games were exactly what you sent me. The problem I had was with the CPU games and getting what guys wanted. Oh well, maybe next year!

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Oh boy, wazzu is not going to be a happy camper...i got deal with the same thing in Baton Rouge, hopefully later tonight and hopefully with a different result than your trip to the swamp!

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I also noticed last night - Toughest Stadiums - UCLA Stadium (AKA The Rose Bowl) has climbed into the top 20. I believe we are 18 and have won 12 straight at home. I didnt even realize this. Fear the Bowl!!!!

21. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

#21 OSU 26
    #10 UF 41

First, I am tired of playing in the fucking rain. It seems like any dynasty game I play lately I play in the rain. Is it me or does it rain a lot in these games? As for the game itself, Florida moved the ball at will against the Beavers on their first possession resulting in a touchdown. On OSU first's drive ended with Mannion throwing an interception. That was not the worst part of the play, on the play the preseason first team All Pac-10 QB broke his hand on the play and is out 10 weeks. The back up QB Chris Perry came and tried to lead the team, but Oregon State was forced to play catch up for most of the game and could never close the deal. Perry struggled throwing 3 interceptions. The Beavers defense could not stop the Gators offense, especially QB Courtney Dean who threw 21-29-425-3 TDs, 1 Int.

Yep, folks the Beavers' season probably ended when Mannion broke his hand. Oregon State's Coach after the game ". . . I am just sad, my heart goes out to the kid. Sean is the team's leader, this is just not how his senior season was suppose to go. We are going to regroup, I am going to take a look at Perry and Tyler Johnson this week and see who should start."

Lastly is it me or did we change the settings, it may have been the rain, but it seemed my players slow, slower than normal. OSU is probably my quickest team, and they just seemed slow, especially my running backs.

22. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Tough way to start.. Sorry to hear that. I know how it feels I have been there.

Florida plays tough huh?? They kicked my arse in the Cotton Bowl.. Like you said, on D I couldn't seem to stop them.

See you in week 3

23. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Done recruiting week 1. Not green but hit it!

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA ran into a buzz saw in LSU last night, losing 48-38 at Death Valley. Not much to say about this one other than back to the drawing board next week for A&M.