2014 (S5) Week 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Mar 17, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU Games due by Friday March 18, 10pm PST
    USER Games due by Saturday March 19, 10pm PST

Im at work and don't get access to the dynasty wire so if someone can post that up here it would be most appreciated.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Welcome to Week 10!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #25 Arizona Wildcats (4-3) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 24-21 against UCLA (5-3).
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Los Angeles to face the #10 USC Trojans (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Brian Parker has committed to Arizona
    - (***) LT Donovan Bozeman has committed to Arizona

=============== #17 Illinois Fighting Illini (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Illinois lost 52-42 against Penn State (5-2).
    This week, the Fighting Illini travel to Madison to face the #1 Wisconsin Badgers (8-0).

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (4-4) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 44-27 against Michigan (5-3).
    This week, the Hawkeyes are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Shane Manning has committed to Boston College
    - (**) FB Freddie Fellows has committed to Boise State
    - (****) LG Sterling Morrow has committed to Utah
    - (****) CB Zach Collier has committed to Auburn
    - (****) SS Sean Wilson has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (***) MLB Robert Smith has committed to Iowa
    - (***) MLB Lewis Pierce has committed to North Carolina

=============== #24 Texas A&M Aggies (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 27-20 against Baylor (4-4).
    This week, the Aggies will host #12 Oklahoma (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Marion DeAngelis has committed to Nebraska
    - (***) CB Vincent Cobb has committed to Arkansas
    - (***) CB Kevin Parker has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #12 Oklahoma Sooners (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 63-10 against Missouri (3-5).
    This week, the Sooners travel to College Station to face the #24 Texas A&M Aggies (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RG Bryson McDonald has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 61-0 against Indiana (1-4).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Minnesota (3-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Lamont Williams has committed to Ohio State

=============== #8 Oregon Ducks (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 40-0 against Stanford (1-6).
    This week, the Ducks are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) HB Luke O'Connor has committed to Oregon
    - (****) LE Shawn Smith has committed to Oregon

=============== Oregon State Beavers (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 35-14 against Washington State (2-5).
    This week, the Beavers will host #19 Washington (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Jason Robinson has committed to Missouri

=============== #4 Texas Longhorns (7-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 69-42 against Texas Tech (7-1).
    This week, the Longhorns will host Oklahoma State (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) K Phil Sanders has committed to Penn State

=============== #15 UCLA Bruins (5-3) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 24-21 against Arizona (4-3).
    This week, the Bruins will host Cal (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Nathan O'Donnell has committed to UCLA
    - (****) C Orlando Nelson has committed to West Virginia

=============== #1 Wisconsin Badgers (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 35-10 against Purdue (2-4).
    This week, the Badgers will host #17 Illinois (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) LT Marcus Brock has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) LE Chase Battle has committed to Wisconsin

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Cal - 27
    UCLA - 40

Game was alot closer than the score indicates. Once again, Cal gave me fits. Joe Dixon sealed the deal as Cal scored to make it a 6 point game in the 4th quarter. Dixon took the kickoff 91 yards for his 3rd TD return of the season, foiling any comeback by the Bears. McCray hit on only 8 of 21 passes but 3 of them were for TD's. Highlights of some big plays (2 long passes, a safety and 2 special teams TD's) are up in the plays of the week thread.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

C'mon all you hungover bastards...get your games in :) Im jealous, I didnt even drink one beer yesterday :(

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Sorry bro. If it makes you feel better, i started drinking green beers as soon as the clock struck midnight so i partied two nights in a row. I'll retro-dedicate one of those nights to you haha

6. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

We're playing saturday morning.... and you will be happy that we are playing saturday morning :p

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Oregon is ready to advance. I did it on the wire, so I'm not green.

8. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

This has just been a nightmare season. Just when i get this program to 5 stars it will prolly be back to 4 after the year is done

9. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

don't worry Oregon State is going down hill too

10. Cheez

Last Second FG Lifts #1 Badgers over Illini
    Illini: 0 7 0 10 17
    Wisconsin: 10 0 7 3 20

For the first quarter and a half, it looked as though the Badgers would run away with this game. Scoring on 2 of their first three drives, Illinois showed little heart and effort. However, with just over five minutes remaining in the half, Illinois would take over at their own 10 yard line. Slowly but surely, the Illini would move the ball down the field. With only 17 seconds remaining in the half, Whitehead would receive a pass from Whitmer and bring the score within three going into the break.

Illinois would receive the opening kickoff and find themselves in great field position after a short kick. However, as soon as Renaldo James crossed the 50, he put the ball on the ground where it was picked up by a man in red. Soon after, Wisconsin would be back in the endzone after a 5 yard run from White. On the next Badger possession, they would get into scoring position, but be intercepted at the one to end the third.

Illinois showed poise facing the ten point deficit and a long, long field in front of them. After getting out of the shadow of their own goalposts with a corner pattern, Illinois would march down the field again. The 99 yard drive was capped off on a 2 yard toss play by Jon Justice with 3:57 remaining in the fourth.

Down by three midway through the fourth, the Illini would elect to trust the much maligned defense and kick off to Wisconsin. The trust would be rewarded, because with 2:30 to go Illinois would force a fumble and establish themselves in great field position with all three time outs.

Illinois looked to the ground game to get them into scoring range, but found none. However, on multiple occasions they were able to complete third / fourth downs passes which kept the drive alive. With 30 seconds remaining and facing a third and 9 at the Badgers 25, the Illini would look again for some of this magic. Whitehead was wide open along the right side after the crossing route, however he did not put his hands in the air to catch the pass. Whitmer's throw fell harmlessly to the ground, much to the delight of the home fans. Had Whitehead caught the ball, there would have been nobody around to stop him from cruising into the endzone. Instead, Illinois would setter for a 41 yard field goal by Weddle which tied the game with only 0:23 left on the clock.

That's all Wisconsin would need. A deep pass over the middle and an out route would put the Badgers at the 35 yard line of Illinois. With 3 seconds left, the kicker came on to the field for a 51 yard field goal. The kick would just creep over the goalpost as time expired, giving Wisconsin the win.

11. Cheez

Just to Illustrate how even this game was - I'm posting some of the stats:

Stat - ILL - WIS

First Downs: 15 - 14
    Total Offense: 266 - 287
    Rushes/Yards: 27/128 - 26/122
    Completions/Attempts/Yards: 13/24/138 - 15/23/165
    Third Down Conversion %: 54% - 55%
    Turnovers: 2 - 2
    Time of Possesion: 16:36 - 15:24

12. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

The Hangover Bowl was finally played out once both coaches had sobered up finally, and it sent both coaches right back to the bar, each for different reasons. MLB Norman picked off a Whitmer pass, which set up a Jackson FG. Then Williams busted open a 43 yard TD run, and it was 10-0 Wisconsin early. The Illini would answer, though. After a holding call which put them at their own 10, they would drive 90 yards over a span of 5 minutes to close out the half with a 2 yard TD run. Illinois then started off with the football in the third with a chance to tie/take the lead. But a fumble would give the Badgers a short field to work with, and they cashed in 6 with a White score. Wisconsin would then drive all the way to the 1 on their next drive, looking to take complete control of the game. But Livingston threw a pick in the endzone, giving Coach Cheez life. Not only was he able to maneuver his way out of the shadow of his own endzone, he marched 99 yards downfield on a 4 minute drive to bring the game to 17-14, Wisconsin with 4 minutes in the 4th. Wisconsin appeared to be on the verge of scoring a backbreaking TD, but WR Ward was blasted by a hit and fumbled the ball, giving it right back to Illinois. They drove to within FG range, and with 28 seconds left in the game they knocked in the game tying FG. In three plays, though, Wisconsin was able to set up for a 51 yard FG attempt. After a TO called by Cheez, Jackson would boot the kick as time expired. The kick was straight, but it seemed like it didnt have enough leg in it. BUT, somehow, some-freaking-way, it just passed over the crossbar and sent Camp Randall into a frenzy fest. Quite literally, if the ball was 6 inches down, or even pointed up and down instead of parallel to the ground, or had their been one MPH of wind more, it would not have made it. "What a hell of a way to end the game. Havnt been this excited in a while. Cheez did a great job of limiting our big plays on offense. Luckily, we got some bounces to go our way." Wisconsin retains their #1 ranking for yet another week, this time going up against Penn St.

#1 Wisconsin 20 - #17 Illinois 17

13. Cheez

You and I both know what that "some-freaking-way" was.

JAYRAH! - EXPLAIN YOURSELF RIGHT NOW!

@Jayrah

14. MexiRican35

Haha pretty sure i didnt see any unexplained shadows

15. Cheez

No shadows necessary.... just a little extra lift on the ball

16. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

#12 OU 33 @ #24 TAMU 28

The battle of 2 of the top rbs in the Big 12 came down to a qb sneak late in the 4th qtr that came up 6 inches short, leaving OU with a dramatic win without their coach on this week.

For the Sooners, Brennan Clay went for 124 and a td, while qb James Wright threw for 301 and 3 tds.

For the Aggies, Mister Jones went for 118 and a td, but had a HUGE fumble on a drive in the 3rd that momentarily stalled the comeback and gave the OU team just enough time later to hold on. Qb Alfred Howell threw for a solid 230 and 2 tds. DJ Jones also contributed a td from the backfield.

17. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

my QB randomly falls down for no gain when I qb sneak, I know longer run it.

18. MexiRican35

3rd/4th and inches, it tends to do that. Not worth the risk to me, rather take a chance running it.

19. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

UW 25
    OSU 16

Ugh. . . The problems for the Beavers started earlier this week when Oregon State Coach announced he was leaving at the end of the season continued throughout the game. Oregon State scored the first touchdown at the start of the second quarter, but OSU kicker's missed the extra point. This would cause serious problems later on in the game. Washington would respond with a touchdown, while OSU got a field goal to end the half making the score 9-7. UW would get the first score in the second half with a 14 yard TD pass, and then they went for 2 and got it making the score 15-7. This caused me serious confusion, then the next thing I knew the Huskies extended their lead to 9 with a field goal. This is where I lost the game because I was now down by 9. OSU would get a touchdown pulling with 2, but the Beavers' D could not stop the Huskies offense as the Huskies marched the ball down the field scoring another touchdown. I honestly believe if I hadn't missed the extra point I would have forced overtime.

20. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I'm 3 for 5. I thought I was closer. I came out of the playscreen and saw it wasn't as close as I thought. I was worried about it but didn't want to second guess and be stuffed either. Just shoulda trusted my instincts and run the ball with my superman.