2014 (S5) Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Feb 27, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU Games due by Monday February 28, 10pm PST
    USER Games due by Tuesday March 1, 10pm PST

Welcome to Week 2!

Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #16 Arizona Wildcats (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 46-43 against Notre Dame (0-1).
    This week, the Wildcats will host #13 Iowa (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Stephen Brown has committed to UCLA

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Fighting Illini were idle.
    This week, the Fighting Illini will host #24 BYU (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Tyrell Kelly has committed to Central Michigan
    - (****) QB Drew Rogers has committed to Illinois

=============== #13 Iowa Hawkeyes (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Hawkeyes were idle.
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Tucson to face the #16 Arizona Wildcats (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Tyrell Kelly has committed to Central Michigan
    - (****) LE Oliver Roberts has committed to Boise State

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Aggies were idle.
    This week, the Aggies travel to Pasadena to face the #21 UCLA Bruins (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Scott Harris has committed to Colorado
    - (***) TE Isaac Swain has committed to Houston

=============== #20 Missouri Tigers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 40-7 against South Carolina (0-1).
    This week, the Tigers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Missouri targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Isaac Swain has committed to Houston

=============== #5 Oklahoma Sooners (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Sooners were idle.
    This week, the Sooners travel to Miami to face the #17 Miami Hurricanes (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Jamie Dixon has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Buckeyes were idle.
    This week, the Buckeyes are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) RE James Hardin has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) ROLB Bill Wright has committed to Alabama
    - (*****) CB Ray Smith has committed to Alabama

=============== #6 Oregon Ducks (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 48-5 against Fresno State (0-1).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Madison to face the #7 Wisconsin Badgers (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Nick George has committed to Michigan
    - (****) FS David Williams has committed to BYU
    - (****) HB Keon Nash has committed to Miami

=============== Oregon State Beavers (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State lost 41-26 against Florida (1-0).
    This week, the Beavers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LG Isaiah Gonzalez has committed to BYU
    - (***) LT Craig Murphy has committed to Colorado
    - (***) ROLB Nate Hayes has committed to Stanford

=============== #3 Texas Longhorns (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Longhorns were idle.
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Knoxville to face the #14 Tennessee Volunteers (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) MLB David Jackson has committed to Texas
    - (****) ROLB Bill Wright has committed to Alabama

=============== #21 UCLA Bruins (0-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 48-38 against LSU (1-0).
    This week, the Bruins will host Texas A&M (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Stephen Brown has committed to UCLA
    - (****) C Dan Morris has committed to UCLA

=============== #7 Wisconsin Badgers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 48-0 against Tennessee (0-1).
    This week, the Badgers will host #6 Oregon (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Jamal Bridges has committed to Utah
    - (*****) MLB David Jackson has committed to Texas
    - (*****) RE James Hardin has committed to Ohio State

2. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Texas A&M 34 @ #21 UCLA 35

Nothing on Saturday afternoon was more apparent than that the Aggies are exactly what they thought they were going to be, which is a high quality, smash-mouth football team, coupled with a bad secondary. The Aggies and Bruins fought it out till the clock ran quadruple zeros.

UCLA struggled in the first qtr, not moving the ball and eventually giving up a 25 yard field goal to TAMU to end it. But in the second, everything started clicking. A couple 3 and outs by the Aggies, and a couple of beautifully engineered drives by freshman qb Alex McCray ended in tds to senior WR Paul Richardson, who ended with 5 catches, 129 yards and those 2 tds. The score was 14-3 going into half, and quite honestly, the Bruins were feeling unstoppable, as they were to get the ball to start the 3rd.

But the second half was a totally different story. TAMU turned it over to the talented O-line and RB Mr Jones, to the tune of 28 straight points, taking a commanding 31-14 lead after Jones's 3rd TD of the half. Mister powered in from 1 yard out to start the onslaught, and then newly converted wr DJ Jones caught a pass over the middle and scampered in from 28 yards out. After a quick UCLA turnover, Mister was at it again, racing around the left corner for a 55 yard burst, and then again plunging in from 1 yard out.

And the Bruins were all but done with 7 minutes to go. Except the Aggie d-backfield struggled to contain the deep pass from that point on, giving up 3 tds, including the heart breaker from 26 yards out with 2 seconds to go. UCLA burst into celebration with the catch, as there had been a drop in the back of the endzone earlier on the drive, and a near interception as well. The final TD had to be thrown by backup qb J Davis, as McCray got knocked out on the previous td pass.

Coach Rec said after the game. "They ran the ball better than I thought they would. Our front seven is pretty good, and we couldn't stop them. That's a good line over there. Heck of a team, and they deserved the win. But we aren't going to give it up though! So did my kids!"

"Our d backfield played their tails off today" said Coach Davis. "Our offense just needed 1 more first down, and we win the game. But no one is to blame for this loss. We just made one less play, that's all. That's a 2 time defending conference champion over there. They ended both halves strong. I think we deserved the win, but I am pleased with the performance, I really am! We'll get back to work on what's about to be a heck of a year."

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Great game and write up Jayrah. Like I said last night, you deserved the win in this one. I got lucky (shut up wazzu). The Aggies whooped out tails in that 3rd quarter but we never gave up and ran out of the Rose Bowl with our 13th win in row at home! We'll see if the luck continues this season.

4. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Day later.....Can't believe I gave that up. Should've thrown my coverage into conservative for the last 2 drives! Dang it I never think about it till it's too late.

5. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas 66
    Tennessee 35

Texas Crushes the other UT

Longhorn starters out score the Vols 49-7 in the first half and the Texas backup cruise to victory. The first snap of the season was an pick six for Texas SS McCoy. Wood finished the half with 300 yards and 4 TDs all of which went to Mike Davis who seemed capable of pulling down any ball thrown in his direction. HB Shead make football look easy, gliding to 174 yards and 2 TDs on 15 touches.

The Vols do not apear to be the team they were last year when they led the NCAA in offense. Tennessee has been reduced to starting a FB at HB and a QB at WR#3. They were horribly out matched.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2 days later I can't believe I won that game!

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

If the Wisky / Oregon goes off as schedule we will be advancing tonight. Only CPU game left I saw not done last night was OU/Miami

@aarondramp

8. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I'm getting it done here in a bit. It's been a crazy few days, but I should be good to go.

9. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Wisconsin would take control of the game early with a 10-0 lead and seemingly moving the ball effectively against the Duck D. But Oregon would respond with 2 straight TD's of their own. The Badgers would get in a TD right before the half from a White run, giving them a 17-14 lead. And thats where it would stay the rest of the game. The defense, after giving up big plays earlier in the game that lead to the 2 touchdowns, would clamp down on third downs. Oregon went 2-9 on third down and had to punt the ball 5 times. Both defenses did a tremendous job this game. Wisconsin gets a much needed by before returning to their schedule of top 10 teams; this time playing OU.

#7 Wisconsin 17 - #6 Oregon 14

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Good game Mexi. Your defense played tough and it sure didn't help when I lost my starting QB and HB for the second half.

11. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

OUCH

12. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

That it was. Your qb was hella fast. No clue what he could have done playing him the entire game.