2014 (S5) Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cheez, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I'm covering for Recchem since he hasn't made it yet.

CPU Games due by Wednesday March 2, 10pm PST
    User Games due by Thursday March 3, 10pm PST

Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #12 Arizona Wildcats (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 31-6 against Iowa (0-1).
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Austin to face the #2 Texas Longhorns (1-0).

=============== #25 Illinois Fighting Illini (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Illinois won 31-12 against BYU (0-1).
    This week, the Fighting Illini are idle.

=============== #18 Iowa Hawkeyes (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa lost 31-6 against Arizona (2-0).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Ames to face the Iowa State Cyclones (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Ali Ross has committed to Iowa

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M lost 35-34 against UCLA (1-1).
    This week, the Aggies will host Arkansas (0-1).

=============== #17 Missouri Tigers (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers will host Oregon State (0-1).

=============== #5 Oklahoma Sooners (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 42-38 against Miami (0-1).
    This week, the Sooners are idle.

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Buckeyes were idle.
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Tuscaloosa to face the #4 Alabama Crimson Tide (1-0).

=============== #11 Oregon Ducks (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon lost 17-14 against Wisconsin (2-0).
    This week, the Ducks will host Washington State (1-0).

=============== Oregon State Beavers (0-1) ===============
    Last week the Beavers were idle.
    This week, the Beavers travel to Columbia to face the #17 Missouri Tigers (1-0).

=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 66-35 against Tennessee (0-2).
    This week, the Longhorns will host #12 Arizona (2-0).

=============== #20 UCLA Bruins (1-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 35-34 against Texas A&M (0-1).
    This week, the Bruins are idle.

=============== #6 Wisconsin Badgers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 17-14 against Oregon (1-1).
    This week, the Badgers are idle.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thanks chez!

3. mboda

mboda Walk On

Ohio State 41
    Alabama 24

The Ohio State Buckeyes start their 2014 season off with a big win in Tuscaloosa. Ohio State forced 5 first half turnovers (all fumbles) and took a 27-7 lead into the half. Alabama tried to make a game of it but could not make up the deficit. Heisman Hopeful HB Michael Chapman had a decent day with 113, most of those were in the 2nd half after he was hurt in the first quarter and sat out the first half. His backup Skyler Brooks picked up the load and had 92 yards and 2 touchdowns. QB Hunter Battle had a good day as he threw for 3 touchdowns and 220 yards. Next week Ohio State faces a tough test as #14 Notre Dame comes to town.

4. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

The A&M Aggies are proud to announce the first 2 commits to the 2014 recruiting class, before their week 3 game against Arkansas.

:4stars: Athlete Justin Griffin
    :3stars: CB William Johnson

5. Cheez

Who the hell is chez? lol

also, no problem! :)

6. Cheez

@Jayrah

your sig is living in the past again

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Its french.

8. Cheez

I resent that haha

9. Jayrah

DANG IT. Give me a break brah![​IMG]

10. Cheez

You won't be getting a break from me until after our rematch in College Station.

Week 14 ;)

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Oui, Oui

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Should be advancing tonight after the Arizona/Texas game if I can stay up that late.

13. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Washington State 24
    Oregon 55

Someone had to pay after the frustrating loss at Wisconsin and it was the Cougars. The Ducks were in mourning, wearing their black uniforms for the game....only the funeral was for Wazzu. QB Bryan Bennett went off, accounting for 6 touchdowns and 377 total yards of offense (211 passing/166 rushing). WR Kevin Walters had 6 catches for 132 yards and 2 tds. Next up is Arizona State.

14. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Oregon State 35
    #17 Missouri 28

All that needs to be said, OSU is 21-6 with the Florida playbook, and 2-10 (don't know what record was after season 1) when using anything else. This game featured two teams that were fairly even. With each team trading scores back and forth for most of the game. Mizzou got the first score of the game on a 69 yard TD pass to Kevin Gay. The OSU safety tried to go for the pick, missed and Gay was gone for 6. Oregon State would respond with a score of their own, a 6 yard TD pass from Tyler Johnson to Tim Kemp. In the third quarter after Mizzou's QB James Franklin scored on a nifty four yard run. Johnson hit WR Steve Burrell for a 77 yard TD bomb. When reporters asked Johnson about the play he said "When we lined up, I thought if Burrell ran a fly patten a big play could occur, so I changed his route, and the rest is him."

Then in the fourth quarter momentum decided to start wearing orange as FS Ryan Murphy picked off a James Franklin pass and took it back 25 yards for a TD giving the Beavers their first lead of the day. Mizzou would respond scoring a TD of their own, but they left over 2:30 on the clock. On the Beavers' first play Johnson hit Wilkinson off of the Beavers' patented Jet Sweep PA pass for a big 30 yard gain. Then the Beavers ate up the clock and moved the ball closer and closer to the end zone with FB William Smith ending the drive with a 2 yard run.

GG Jax, I think with a little more time with MSU playbook things will go well for you in Columbia.

15. Jayrah

Aggies run over Razorbacks at home

Arkansas 21 @ TAMU 45

The Razorbacks line was no match for Texas A&M on either side of the ball Saturday evening. In a shear display of domination, the Aggies racked up 220 yards on the ground offensively, including 6 Touchdowns, and 4 sacks and 2 fumbles defensively.

Sr superstar rb Mr Jones went for 112 and 4 tds in just 3 qtrs, and backup Jr rb Ben Malena went for 83 yds and 2 tds. 3rd string rb John McCloud also ran well, going for 63 in the 4th qtr alone. Sophomore Qb Alfred Howell was again solid, going 12-19 for 140, and adding 52 yards on the ground. It marks the second straight game that the starting unit for the Aggies hasn't turned the ball over.

Howell spoke after the game on the ball security through 2 games: "We're still figuring stuff out with the new playbook and stuff, but an emphasis in any offense is ball security. When we can run it and run it and run it, and not have to worry that our backs will fumble, that makes it very easy on me. My only job is to stay away from turnovers in the passing game. I'm having a lot more fun than I was last year. I'm seeing things a lot clearer."

The Aggies travel to Morgantown next week, where visitors generally have a tough time winning, especially with a younger qb. It should be an interesting ball game.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Holy crap...17-17 in the UA/UT game. I walk away to make my lunch and coffee for the tomorrow and now its UT - 52, UA - 17. I feel for you Jface!

17. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Speed and talent difference finally kicked in. I was able to control the pace and clock in the first. Then turnovers happened. Can easily compete with this guy on the sticks. Just when A+'s go against C+'s, things get ugly.

18. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Bleh, so many white jerseys on the field. Call Austin IHOP, my dudes gettin laid out!

19. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas 59
    Arizona 17

42 Unanswered Secures Longhorn Victory

The Wildcats came out firing, running well, and breaking some big plays in the first half to hang tough going into the break tied at 17. Some overthrows and poor decisions by Zona QB Franklin resulted in 4 second half INTs. Longhorn HB Traylon Shead found some giant holes in the second half, and out ran the Zona safties on his way to 209 yards and 3TDs, on 12 carries.

Texas struggled to find recievers deep down field and star WR Mike Davis was held catchless. The new throw first OC for Texas has yet to get the passing game working smoothly. Texas has 3 weeks to work out the kinks before meeting Oklahoma week 6.