2014 (S5) Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Mar 7, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU Games due by Wednesday March 9, 10pm PST
    USER Games due by Thursday March 10, 10pm PST

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #12 Arizona Wildcats (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 42-14 against Washington State (1-3).
    This week, the Wildcats are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Xavier Harris has committed to UCLA
    - (****) RT Dan Robinson has committed to Arizona

=============== #21 Illinois Fighting Illini (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Illinois won 39-32 against Iowa (1-3).
    This week, the Fighting Illini travel to East Lansing to face the #13 Michigan State Spartans (3-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Ronnie Butler has committed to Illinois

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (1-3) ===============
    Last week, Iowa lost 39-32 against Illinois (3-0).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host #2 Ohio State (3-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) QB John Terry has committed to Oregon State
    - (**) FB Darius Franz has committed to Miami
    - (****) CB Jason Johnson has committed to West Virginia

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M lost 47-31 against Texas Tech (4-0).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Lawrence to face the Kansas Jayhawks (4-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Robert Jones has committed to TCU
    - (***) MLB Shelton Walton has committed to Houston

=============== #20 Missouri Tigers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 42-28 against Colorado (3-1).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Lubbock to face the #25 Texas Tech Red Raiders (4-0).

=============== #7 Oklahoma Sooners (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 59-13 against Oklahoma State (2-2).
    This week, the Sooners will host #3 Texas (3-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Chris Nelson has committed to LSU

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 26-3 against Penn State (2-1).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Iowa City to face the Iowa Hawkeyes (1-3).

=============== #8 Oregon Ducks (3-1) ===============
    Last week the Ducks were idle.
    This week, the Ducks travel to Pasadena to face the #23 UCLA Bruins (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Kris Lee has committed to Oregon

=============== #19 Oregon State Beavers (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Beavers were idle.
    This week, the Beavers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) QB John Terry has committed to Oregon State

=============== #3 Texas Longhorns (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 66-0 against Iowa State (1-2).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Dallas to face the #7 Oklahoma Sooners (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Chris Nelson has committed to LSU
    - (****) CB Drew Allen has committed to Texas

=============== #23 UCLA Bruins (2-2) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 66-6 against Arizona State (1-2).
    This week, the Bruins will host #8 Oregon (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Xavier Harris has committed to UCLA
    - (****) RT Dan Robinson has committed to Arizona

=============== #1 Wisconsin Badgers (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 22-19 against Michigan (2-2).
    This week, the Badgers travel to Bloomington to face the Indiana Hoosiers (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Marcus Hamby has committed to Alabama

3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Defense Keys Illini to 3rd Win Over A Ranked Opponent
    Illini: 7 7 7 14 35
    Michigan State: 14 3 0 0 17

The game didnt start off well for the Illini, but once again the defense came up big in the second half. Illinois would shut out the Spartans in the third and fourth quarters en route to a 35-17 win.

It was a back and fourth battle in the first half, with each team taking turns scoring a touchdown. Michigan State would start off the scoring with a 2 yard run by Hill on the opening possession. Illinois would respond after recovering a muffed punt. Renaldo James would scamper 33 yards on the ensuing play, and knot the game at 7s. Sparty's answer: a 31 yard pass from Boisture to McClain which gave MSU the lead 14-7 in the second. On the very first play of the 2nd quarter, however, Whitmer would connect with Williams for his first of two touchdowns in the game. MSU added a field goal before halftime, to keep the lead going into the second half.

The third quarter was a defensive struggle. Michigan State lost their starting running back, and was simply unable to find a rhythm on offense. Illinois just had trouble stringing together a drive. James or Whitmer would get a big play here and there, but the offense would stall shortly after. The drought ended when James effectively ran the "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offense and Whitmer found Williams again from three yards out. The Illini now had the lead 21-17 going into the fourth, but given the history between these two teams over recent years, nothing was to be taken for granted.

The back-breaker for the Spartans occurred with just under 5 minutes to go in regulation. Attempting to throw their way down the field and take the lead, Boisture miscommunicated with one of his receivers and lofted a pass right into the waiting hands of D.J. Lloyd. Lloyd would take the pick all the way back, 67 yards, for the clincher.

Illinois would add one more score late after Boisture fumbled at the 15 yard line. FB Prosch would get his first TD of the year, as he rumbled it in from the two yard line.

Next up for Illinois, it's a border war as they welcome in their neighbors from the east. Indiana has only played one game thus far this season - a win over Bowling Green in September.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Wait a minute...you only gave up 17 points? Did you only play the first quarter [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Wisconsin knew that they had to put away the Hooisers early to keep them from gaining any home field advantage, and they did just that. Here is how the beginning of the game went. Indiana punt; White TD run; pick 6 by Scott; Indiana punt; 68 yd TD white; pick 6 Jefferson. A 28-0 lead would suffocate the crowd in Bloomington. The defense forced 3 INTs, and only gave up points on big plays. The offense finally got rolling, as White racked up 160 yards on the day. Next up will be the pencil-pushers at Northwestern.

#1 Wisconsin 63 - Indiana 14

6. Cheez

#24 BYU - 12
    Pittsburgh - 14
    #21 Iowa - 32 (2OT)
    #13 Michigan State - 17

Illinois is only giving up 18.75 points per game..... and 14.3 ppg against the CPU
    Illinois is +6 in turnover differential (compared to last in the league last year)

Maybe my team is getting a little better

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Your defense is playing a hell of alot better than mine, thats for sure!

8. Cheez

Take a look at the bottom two highlights I posted today. That's an example of what to expect from me defensively

9. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Texas A&M 28 @ Kansas 17

The Aggies ran down Kansas Saturday afternoon, after a scoreless and relatively listless first half. Down 7-0 at halftime, TAMU came out with a renewed energy and focus on running the ball in the 3rd qtr. Repeatedly handing the ball to the reinserted superstar Mr Jones was more than a good idea, as he carried 26 times, most in the 2nd half, for a total of 146 and 3 tds. He also caught 51 yds worth of passes.

Kansas started out with thoughts of going to 5-0, and was defensively stellar in the first half, constantly walking safeties up to the line and challenging Sophomore qb Alfred Howell to beat them. But Howell was not baited into the turnovers like he was last week, when he threw 4 interceptions, and fumbled once. Instead he threw the ball away when needed, and stayed to his short to medium receivers, as evidenced by his 124 yds on 11 completions, and 6 of those to his backs. He went deep a couple of times but failed to connect as he did against Texas Tech.

Meanwhile the defense of TAMU forced 3 turnovers, and 2 sacks. The defense also just played much better in general, keeping Kansas out of the endzone twice in the redzone, and forcing many more punts than last week. Now they have to get ready to face a Mizzou team that is going to be revved up for an important matchup in the midseason with the Aggies for the first time in 5 seasons.

10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

@Jax351

Your the last one, get that game in. Show Jayrah how to give Texas Tech a beating. :)

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

No word from Jax so im advancing us. I wanted to give him until midnight to show up. Sorry man.

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Oregon kicked the crap out of my Bruins tonight. dakota played really well and frankly, in the first half, i played terrible. Not sure why but it happens. I'll the victor fill you in on all the gory details. GG man...payback for last years lose probably feels good!

13. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Hell yeah it feels good! I can't lie, that loss last year really stuck in my craw. Nothing personal, but we wanted this game bad.

Good game by the way.

Oregon 41
    UCLA 24

The Ducks were jacked for this one. And they let the Bruins know it from the very first play, on which HB Matthew Pope took the handoff 56 yards to set up a field goal. UCLA marched down the field, however on 3rd and goal from about the 12, SS Josh Johnson stepped in front of a errant Alex McCray pass. The Ducks completed a 48 yard pass to WR Kevin Walters on first down, which led to a 4 yard pass to TE Curtis White to take a 10-0 lead. After trading 3 and outs, UCLA mounted a short drive to midfield, however McCray threw his second pick of the day, which was returned for a touchdown by CB Christian Robertson (he finished the day with 2 picks). Another 3 and out gave the ball back to the Ducks deep in their own territory. Coach dakota could smell the blood in the water and called a PA pass, which his team executed perfectly as QB Bryan Bennett connected with TE Curtis White for a 81 yard gain, taking the ball inside the Bruins' 3. HB Matthew Pope took it in, 24-0. The Ducks shut down the next UCLA possession and got the ball back with about 1:30 left. The Ducks completed a couple of passes and eventually scored on a 13 yard pass to Walters and took a 31-0 lead into the half. The Ducks went vanilla in the second half, for the most part and held on for the win. UCLA put together a couple of nice plays in the 2nd half, evening forcing a pick early in the 3rd quarter to give coach dakota a little flashback of last years game. However, his team held on this year.

Highlights are on the wire. Good game Recc. I have to imagine the long day at work and rushing to play etc didn't exactly help you out in this one. I expect you to bounce back next season.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yeah I got spanked in the E-League too! No bowl for the Cavs! I was so hell bent on winning a damn game, I stayed up to play my game versus Washington and took out a little frustration on them :) But you are the team to beat in the Pac 10. That offense of yours is something special this season!

15. Jayrah

Dang it I was hoping Tech ACTUALLY beat Jax. Not sim beat him. Then I could feel good about myself. Oh well, win's a win, even if it's sim! lol

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Jax has gone MIA for the past few days. I even waited an extra 2 hours last night to see if he would pop on and get his game in but he didnt.

17. Jayrah

interesting. I think I have his #. I'll try and get a hold of him today. I'm supposed to play him this week. Season one rematch!

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I have it too but I didnt want to text the dude at 11pm PST...let me know what you find out.

19. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas 48
    Oklahoma 21

Longhorns Take Care of Business

Texas Offense ran like a well oiled machine. The starters strung together 8 straight scoring drives to start the game. Texas QB Wood had one of his best games connecting on 17-20 for 242 yards and 2 TD. Texas RB Traylon Shead racked up 220 yards and 4 TD on 23 carries.

The longhorns defensive front only had one sack but provided pressure, force bad throws, and batted down passes all game. Oklahoma was able to move the ball most of the game, but frequently had drives stalled in no mans land. Star OU HB Brennan Clay was kept in check most the game by the squad of UT LBs swarming all over the field. The change to the 3-4 seems to be paying off.​

20. Jayrah

We'll see!