2014 (S5) Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Mar 13, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU Games due by Monday March 14, 10pm PST
    USER Games due by Tuesday March 15, 10pm PST

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 8!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #12 Arizona Wildcats (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 27-24 against Oregon State (2-2).
    This week, the Wildcats will host #9 Oregon (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Walter Hill has committed to TCU
    - (****) RE David McKinley has committed to Arizona
    - (***) C David Nelson has committed to Arizona
    - (***) TE Andrew Brown has committed to Arizona
    - (****) WR John Griffin has committed to Arizona

=============== #8 Illinois Fighting Illini (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Illinois won 41-20 against Indiana (1-2).
    This week, the Fighting Illini will host #22 UCLA (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Jon Horne has committed to Illinois
    - (****) RE Jim Davenport has committed to Illinois
    - (****) LE Sean Nixon has committed to Illinois

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (2-4) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 52-35 against Purdue (1-3).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Bloomington to face the Indiana Hoosiers (1-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Bruce Sands has committed to Tennessee
    - (***) FB David Woods has committed to USC
    - (****) DT Danny Scales has committed to Florida
    - (****) DT Daniel Bates has committed to Oklahoma State
    - (***) FB Cliff Adams has committed to Miami
    - (****) LG Kirk Duncan has committed to Texas
    - (****) LE Sean Nixon has committed to Illinois
    - (****) DT Lee Ingraham has committed to Tennessee
    - (****) MLB Mike Campbell has committed to West Virginia

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 45-20 against Missouri (3-3).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Stillwater to face the Oklahoma State Cowboys (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RG Kevin Sherman has committed to Purdue
    - (***) CB Eric Brown has committed to Arkansas

=============== #16 Oklahoma Sooners (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 38-0 against Iowa State (1-4).
    This week, the Sooners will host Colorado (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Randy Mason has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) FS Marcus Black has committed to Texas
    - (*****) QB Craig Dowdell has committed to Oklahoma
    - (*****) DT Lionel Williams has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (4-0) ===============
    Last week the Buckeyes were idle.
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to East Lansing to face the Michigan State Spartans (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Josh Rutledge has committed to Ohio State
    - (*****) DT John Coleman has committed to Ohio State

=============== #9 Oregon Ducks (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 52-7 against Cal (3-3).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Tucson to face the #12 Arizona Wildcats (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Tyrone Brock has committed to Oregon
    - (*****) RG Nathan Anderson has committed to UCLA
    - (****) LE Vernon Bowen has committed to Texas

=============== #23 Oregon State Beavers (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State lost 27-24 against Arizona (4-1).
    This week, the Beavers travel to Los Angeles to face the #11 USC Trojans (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Andrew Brown has committed to Arizona
    - (***) ROLB Jeremiah Jude has committed to Washington

=============== #3 Texas Longhorns (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 68-7 against Baylor (3-3).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Lincoln to face the Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FB David Woods has committed to USC
    - (****) FS Marcus Black has committed to Texas
    - (***) FS Justin Rollins has committed to Texas
    - (****) MLB George Brooks has committed to Texas
    - (****) LE Vernon Bowen has committed to Texas
    - (*****) HB Michael McCloud has committed to Texas

=============== #18 Michigan Wolverines (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 48-11 against Michigan State (3-2).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to University Park to face the #14 Penn State Nittany Lions (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Rob Smith has committed to Wisconsin
    - (***) MLB Al Jackson has committed to Western Michigan
    - (***) P Dan Jones has committed to Michigan
    - (***) LOLB Wayne Green has committed to Michigan
    - (***) SS David Brown has committed to Michigan
    - (*****) HB John Carpenter has committed to Michigan
    - (*****) RT Ben Harrison has committed to Alabama
    - (****) FS Josh Rutledge has committed to Ohio State
    - (*****) HB Michael McCloud has committed to Texas

=============== #22 UCLA Bruins (3-3) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 38-10 against Washington (3-1).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Champaign to face the #8 Illinois Fighting Illini (5-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LOLB Joe Kendrick has committed to UCLA
    - (*****) RG Nathan Anderson has committed to UCLA

=============== #1 Wisconsin Badgers (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 41-3 against Northwestern (2-2).
    This week, the Badgers will host Minnesota (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Rob Smith has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) LOLB Joe Kendrick has committed to UCLA

3. omega41

omega41 Walk On

After a miserable return since week 1 when playing against Purdue last week stunk up the joint , all american qb Huff has caught back his magic from last year with the following stats in 3 qtrs of action along with WR Ben Clark as Iowa wins easily against Indiana 45 - 27. The only bad spot is my hb is out for the season

Catches Yards TD Long
    Ben Clark 9 190 2 52

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int
    Paul Huff 38 24 408 4 0

4. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Magic eh? This is not ok. Texas A&M would like an investigation.

5. Jayrah

Texas A&M 45 @ OKST 20

In a strange ironic twist, Texas A&M goes back to back weeks, winning by the same score, this time on the road. Mister Jones scored 3 more times while running for 201 yds on 31 carries. That brings his total to 972 yds and an NCAA leading 18 tds on the year, 1 td away from the A&M season record, with still at least 5 games left.

The A&M defense forced 6 turnovers (including 5 fumbles), and scored on a late fumble. The Mizzou O did little to make a game of it after their defense tied the game at 17 on a pick 6, but qb Johnny Deaton played well, throwing for 317 and 3 tds.

A&M will now prepare for a date with lowly Baylor, whom they should romp without much trouble. Then they will get ready for the high flyng Sooners to come to town, in a big time showdown of premier running games.

6. omega41

omega41 Walk On

More like black magic to boot :p

7. Jayrah

Voodoo dolls in Iowa! This is blasphemy! We demand an entire game be forfeit by the Hawkeyes this season due to this! :mad:

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

If the Oregon/Arizona games goes off as scheduled, we will be advancing tonight into week 9. Last I checked there were still a few CPU games to be played so get them done by 10 pm PST!

9. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

#23 Oregon State 35
    #11 USC 42

I don't say this often so bear with me, but this game was fucking bullshit. USC's offense was garbage for most of the game, especially their quarterback,but when it needed two scoring drives in the fourth quarter it carved up my defense like swiss cheese. For the first half the scoring was at a premium as both offenses struggled to move the ball consistently. USC was able to score first, then Oregon State responded with a 48 yard screen pass to Malcolm Marable. Late in the half a USC defensive lineman picked off a Tyler Johnson pass took it back for a touchdown making the score 14-7. In the second half USC took advantage of excellent field position scoring on two drives inside Oregon State territory making their lead 28-7. In the fourth quarter Oregon State's offense scored two touchdowns very quickly making the score 28-21. Then with momentum shifting sides USC went down the field quickly and easily extending their lead to 35-21. Never fear, Tyler Johnson hit Matt Wilkinson for an 86 yard TD pass pulling the Beavers to within 7. The Beavers then got the ball back and went down the field scoring again tying the game at 35-35. Then USC's offense took over and moved the ball down with ease scoring with 20 some seconds remaining.

When I beat these MFers I am going to run it up. I don't know what loss sucks more last season's wife interference, or this BS.

The Beavers are 2-3 after going through someone's demented joyride. Two really tough road CPU opponents with 3 user games in between, I have a point differential of -15. I lost my stud QB Sean Mannion. I am pretty sure I don't lose these last two games if he was at the helm. Next week I finally get to play someone easy, WSU.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

#22 UCLA - 28
    #8 Illinois - 14

UCLA gets a much needed win against a quality team, taking out the Illini on their home turf, 28-14. UCLA pounded the rock in the 1st quarter, breaking tackles and really taking it to the Illinois defense. They would continue this to take a 14-0 lead into halftime...except for the Illini had other plans. With 6 seconds to go in the half, Illinois hooked up on a long TD pass versus Cover 3 (I hate cover 3). Halftime score, UCLA 14, Illini 7.

The 2nd half, both teams sputtered a bit on offense, but the Bruins managed to score 2 TD's to take a commanding 28-7 lead in the 4th quarter. Illinois brought out the air raid and tried to come back, but some costly INT's sealed the deal for the Bruins.

GG Cheez, wish the lag wasnt there but whata gonna do!

Next week, the Bruins head to Tucson for another tough road user game!

Posted some highlights in the highlight thread.

UCLA Stats
    QB Alex McCray 12/17 224 yards 2 TD's 1 INT
    HB Malcome Jones 17 carries, 85 yards
    TE John Young 2 catches, 59 yards, 2 TD's
    DT Cassius Marsh 2 Tackles, 2 INTS's

Illinois Stats
    QB Chandler Whitmer 15/22 348 yards 2 TD's 4 INT's
    HB Renaldo James 12 carries, 37 yards
    WR Ryan Lankford 4 catches, 176 yards, 2 TD's

11. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas 59
    Nebraska 0

Texas Shutsdown Cornhuskers

The texas Starters only need 1 and a half quarters to secure the victory. Super star WR Mike Davis took back the opening kick off and Texas never slowed down. The defense forced 6 turnovers, in a rout that left the home crowd in dismay.

12. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Michigan beats Penn St on the road 41-17, in a game that was really decided in the first quarter when the Wolverines scored 3 TD's in 22 seconds to get a lead that they would not relinquish. On the first PSU play following a long Devin Gardner TD pass to WR Jeff Harrison to take a 7-3 lead, FS/CB Patrick Clement would step in front of an out route and get a pick 6 to push the lead to 14-3. On PSU's next play from scrimmage, Clement picked off another pass leading to an 18 yard TD pass from Gardner to TE Aaron Matthews.

Gardner led the Wolverines with 386 passing yards and 4 TD's on the day.

13. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Cats fail to close out first and second half. Proves deadly. Ducks win 24-21

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

@aarondramp

All the user games are done...get your CPU game done before the deadline please :D

15. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Will do. The time change threw me off by keeping the kids up late. I'll knock it out tonight.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Join the club...time change screwed my house something fierce yesterday! Hoping for a little better results with the little ones tonight!

17. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Oregon 24
    Arizona 21

Tough game from the Wildcats, who played really well. The Ducks did a nice job in the first half, taking a 21-7 lead into halftime after a late interception that set up a 8 yard td pass to TE Curtis White with only seconds left. The Ducks got shut out in the third quarter as the Wildcats got back into the game with 2 TD runs by HB Chris Griffin. The Ducks missed a 50 yard field goal into the wind in that would have given them the lead, but were able to shut down the Wildcats and force a punt to get the ball back with just about 2 minutes left. The Ducks completed a couple of short passes to move the ball to about midfield and then got a big QB scramble for 26 yards, setting Oregon up in field goal range. However, the next 2 plays resulted in a 3rd and 17. Coming to the line of scrimmage, the Ducks wanted to at least set themselves up with a shorter field goal, so they had a short, quick pass play called. However, Arizona came to the line aggressive and showed blitz. QB Bryan Bennett made some pre-snap adjustments and motioned HB Matthew Pope into a position where a linebacker from across the formation would be in man coverage against either Pope or one of his wideouts. After the snap, Pope broke free and caught a beautiful touch pass from Bennett for the first down. The Ducks ran one more play to get the ball into the center of the field and kicked the game winning field goal as time expired. Good game Jface, it sucks that anyone has to lose games like this.

18. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Great game man. All of our games are very well contested and one or two plays spring the result everytime. It moves our career record against each other to UA:1 UO: 2. I lose a lot this season so i think you'll be taking a 3-1 lead after next season lol

19. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

@recchem2000

I know I'm a little late here... but gg bro. game might have been different if there wasn't lag, but your defense was pretty tough so I dont know.