2014 Season Preview

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    2014 Season Preview

ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE
    KEY PLAYERS
    SO-QB James McLaughlin (89ovr)
    SR-RB Sylvester Shuler (97ovr)
    SR-LE Cory Jones (98ovr)
    SR-RE Bill Johnson (99ovr)
    SR-ROLB Jeff Allen (97ovr)
    SR-MLB Brandon Larsen (98ovr)

---Bama may boast the best front 7 in the nation. Take a look at them...across the board they have 98, 99, 98, 95, 95, 98, 97 (overall numbers). Quite frankly it's an NFL defense if you really look at it. Jones and Johnson are two athletic ends who are equally dangerous rushing the QB and stopping the run. Allen and Larsen are two excellent LB's with Allen being the "London Fletcher" like LB. Bama's strength is the defense and it will be its calling card throughout this season. The offense will make or break this teams chances. I feel they are a title contender but they are starting a new battery with the McLaughlin/Shuler connection. Both of these guys are immensely talented with the thought of Shuler being that big power back that Bama loves. McLaughlin as a SO-QB needs to show he can effectively pass Bama through the tough SEC defenses for their dreams to truly come true. He'll be passing to a corps that's pretty light in terms of weight and one wonders if they can handle the rigors of the tough SEC. Bottom line if Shuler and that RB corps can keep teams off the field, while McLaughlin shows the propensity to make key throws, with that defense, I think Bama may FINALLY breakthrough.
    STRENGTHS- Front 7, RB corps, O-Line
    WEAKNESS- Safeties
    UNCERTAINTY- QB, Playcalling

AUBURN TIGERS
    KEY PLAYERS
    SO-QB William Hamilton (87)
    JR-WR Jeremy McBride (92)
    SR-RE Blair Love (82)
    JR-CB Mike Bennett (92)
    SR-FS J.D. Campbell (90)
    SR-SS Matt Flynn (90)

---Auburn recently flew into a bit of controversy with a public squabble with UNC coach Blaza over last year's game but that's in the past. The present presents some huge hurdles for Coach Ramirez. Losing RB Xavier Barnes hurts more than anyone can imagine because now, Auburn doesn't have that playmaking RB or offensive threat in general. The Wetumpka Wizard aka William Hamilton was one of the more heavily recruited kids in Tradition and it's his time to step up. The 6'5" kid is known more for his feet than arm and he'll need to use them to put Auburn where it needs to go. His RB's are more in-between the tackles type guys. His WR's feature a few playmakers like JR Jeremy McBride and JR Kyle Ratliff but Hamilton needs to show he can make those plays with his arm. More than ever, the playbook that Coach Ramirez installed needs to be dug into in the hopes it can keep opposing defenses off guard. The defense meanwhile, welcomes back SS Matt Flynn, a hard hitting safety who picked off 8 passes in his sophomore year. Last year he was lost for all of the season literally due to injury and now hopes he can return to form. He'll team with JD Campbell, a kid who's picked off 11 career passes in his two years as a starter. SR-RE Blair Love had 18 sacks, continuing a Ramirez tradition. The year rests on the shoulders though, of the Wetumpka Wizard. We will see how he handles it.
    STRENGTHS- Pass rushing end, Safeties
    WEAKNESSES- Passing game
    UNCERTAINTY- QB, RB

CLEMSON TIGERS
    KEY PLAYERS
    JR-QB Cole Jones (86)
    FR-RB Cody Smith (87)
    SR-WR Alfred Ralph (95)
    SR-LE Josh Adams (99)
    JR-LB Brandon Williams (91)
    SR-FS Tyler Love (95)

---The Tigers needed a new season after their coach left for vacation midway through the season. The Tiger plays went through the motions the rest of the way but this is a new season. There is an interesting decision that Coach Coleman has...whether he'll start the freshman sensation Jason Parham, or will he go back to Cole Jones. I feel Jones will get the nod eventually as he's one of the nation's premier passers. While many feel that Cole likes to get his QB's out of the pocket, there's no denying that Jones maybe the better fit for the short term. It helps to have a dynamic WR in Alfred Ralph, a speed demon that seems rare around these parts (unless your Tennessee or Georgia). We expect FR Cody Smith to get the bulk of the carries with his gamebreaking ability. On defense look out for Josh Adams, an amazing specimen of an athlete who is looking to build off his 5 sack campaign. The anchor of the defense may very well be SR-FS Tyler Love, a 6'4" kid who reminds many of Taylor Mays. He flies to the ball and hits hard. Many of the Clemson kids hope Coach Coleman is ready to come back to the team and take them back to the ACC title game. Clemson is a good team that just needs the direction.
    STRENGTHS- DE, Speedy WR, Safeties, LB
    WEAKNESSES- FB
    UNCERTAINTY- RB

FLORIDA GATORS
    KEY PLAYERS
    SR-QB Joe Vogel (90)
    SR-RB Derek Massey (92)
    JR-RB John Spence (92)
    SR-WR Matthew Means (91)
    SR-MLB Matt Stegall (95)
    SR-ROLB Jeff Jones (99)

---The Gators simply reloaded last year with stocking their team with top talent. A class like that was needed for this program, who began to wonder about Coach Steelah. Now that there's renewed hope, it's time to deliver. At RB, we love the thunder/lightning combo that Massey and Spence are. Both are elite talents and are the backbone to this offense we feel. Of course there's Joe Vogel, who threw 43TD's last year, who returns behind center and Matthew Means, the WR who caught 12 passes for TD last year from Vogel. The dynamic Gators are still there but having a consistent run game will be key for the Gators because their defense was on the field simply too long. When you have 4 guys returning who's have 100+ tackles and another close to 80, there's an issue. Their defense is senior laden (8 seniors are projected to start) and led by the dynamic Jeff Jones, a 6'4" beast. Last year he had 102 tackles, 13 for loss, 6 sacks, 2INT's, 2FF's and a TD. Jones and his fellow SR, Matt Stegall both managed to get 100 tackles last year. The buck usually stops with these two monsters manning the LB's. The Gators would love to give their seniors a ride they will never forget but it's up to them to put together a season for the ages. The SEC is like hell and the Gators can do it because they've proven they can compete and battle with the best the SEC has to offer. Let's see how they respond.
    STRENGTHS- QB, RB, LB
    WEAKNESSES- RE, Defensive turnovers
    UNCERTAINTY- WR

FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES
    KEY PLAYERS
    SR-RB David Ball (92)
    SR-RB Will Brown (91)
    SR-WR Dane Harrison (95)
    SR-RE Alex Huston (92)
    SR-ROLB Lynn Hancock (99)
    JR-CB David Hargrove (90)

---FSU recently hired Coach Merih to take control of the program and he's already given the Seminole faithful some good vibes, taking down Florida in their bowl game. Now he'll get a season to implement his style of play. From all accounts, Coach Merih is an in the trenches type of guy and he'll be having a smashmouth style of football. He's very cerebral by all accounts...a coach who's always in the film room studying his opponent. His RB's are solid in Ball and Brown. Both of these seniors haven't been used much since coming to FSU but it's their time now. Much like Florida's RB's, FSU has their own thunder and lightning but as noted, they'll be the rock of this offense. There is a QB battle going on between the dual threat Darren Bostic and the pocket passing Jake Langford, which we have no clue who has the upper hand. Either way, they will have Dane Harrison to throw to, a sure handed speedster who can break one at any time. Speaking of breaking, we feel that Lynn Hancock can simply break your will. A 6'5", 263lb LB with 88 speed is crazy and he's one of the nation's best LB's. He's not a huge playmaker but his ability cannot be put to question. Combine the all-american LB with a speedy end in Alex Huston and a ball-hawking CB in David Hargrove and we expect this defense to be stifling. We are not sure if Coach Merih and his staff can get his kids to be ball-hawks like they were under Coach Kinger but the talent is there. In the ACC, they have their hurdles but the talent is there.
    STRENGTHS- LB, CB, Pass rushing end
    WEAKNESSES- QB, LT
    UNCERTAINTY- RB

GEORGIA BULLDOGS
    KEY PLAYERS
    SR-QB James Scales (95)
    SR-RB Mike Anderson (98)
    JR-WR Michael Outlaw (89)
    SO-MLB Nathan Anderson (95)
    JR-CB Joe Dixon (94)
    SR-FS Wesley Bryant (98)

---The heisman winner returns for one last hurrah and this maybe the most put together team in the nation. They have it all...a QB who is one of the best in the nation. James Scales, a dual threat monster who can make all the throws has been said to be looking to break the career mark for passing TD's. They have a monster at RB, a beast who's one of the nation's best RB's. They have tons of speed at WR, including JR Michael Outlaw, a kid who has the speed (93) but the size (6'3") to become an elite WR this year. They have a defense that oozes with talent, led by SR-FS Wesley Bryant (who had 101 tackles, 7INT's last year) a CB in Joe Dixon who picked off 5 passes and a MLB who's only a sophomore and is already a 1st rounder if he were to come out now. With that said, their defense will be starting 8 new starters so there's some question as to how much of a cohesiveness this unit will have off the bat. There's no question that the Bulldogs will be title contenders...they usually are up there with even two losses to their belts! We expect more of them this year.
    STRENGTHS- QB, RB, FS
    WEAKNESSES-
    UNCERTAINTY- Defensive cohesiveness

2. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

All Hail Mo the conqueror...great writeup!

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Some of the talent on some of these teams makes me almost faint. My team sucks!

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Mo. I really appreciate you doing this. It's funny going from reading your Penn STate vs-the-cpu dynasty reports when you were just a young buck at MM, to now being in the same online league all these years later, it's guys like you (as well as the other 10 guys) that make this league fun.

Bama has done an impressive job on that front line. I wish I had some ends like that. Damn! Hell I wish I had tackles like that. We're very serviceable obviously but this is another level. I wouldn't trade offenses but love that defense.

It's gonna be interesting to see what Auburn comes up with this year, they need to take advantage of Hamilton's feet but at the same time do they have backups that are fast if he gets hurt? If not they can't go to some crazy option scheme entirely. They might be a year off but I wouldn't be surprised to eat those words when we play lol.

Clemson - where the hell is Parham? that's a "play him for four years" guy if I ever saw one. Jones is 1 OVR point better and he's gonna redshirt Parham? There's nothing worse than redshirting a player that's plenty good, then watching him have two good seasons and go pro. Nothing. But maybe Parham needs a little more accuracy given the slider changes? Watch out for Clemson on the running backs and even that WR... they need help. I already have a nickname for that WR btw... Kid Granite.

Florida's game plan is to play 8 hours a day at MW2 then come kick our asses on NCAA! Not working! Voegl had an awesome year and I don't think he can top those 43 TDs at all. But this team is obviously improving after stumbling out of the chute. good work Greg. I think it's key for him to win a couple SEC games (at least) this year, and beat Florida State for sure.

Gonna be interested to see how FSU does this season not necessarily in the user games, but just see what type of ship this coach runs. I really like Will Brown, his attributes don't add up to 91 for me he seems more like a 95 OVR guy, maybe it's just that he's not a burner, but he's a smooth, talented player.

On to Georgia... I like your assessment but I wonder if Outlaw will ever be a big deal for us. He's an occasional big play guy but if the chips are down, are you going to throw to a guy who tends to drop the ball like he does? I guess we'll see if he makes some improvement this year but Josh Jackson in the slot is a go-to guy for us along with the TE Brown, and Mike Anderson creating havoc outta the backfield in the passing game. If the first game was any indication, our defense is quite stout. But one game don't make a season obviously.

Thanks again Mo.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Parham didnt redshirt at all. I'm thinking of using him in the same way Florida used Leak and Tebow his first year. As for Kid Granite, that name would be perfect if didnt spen 4 weeks out of every on the injured list.

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Can you really have a season preview without including Tennesee?

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

He just did the first 6 teams in alphabetical order.

8. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Yes I know, but it sounded good and gives us a chip on our shoulder for this season.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lol I'll get to the rest tonight. The computer pissed on the 2nd half of it while I was midway through the teams

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Save, Save, Save!

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    the makeshift pos I'm using doesn't have word so I'm typing it as I go on the forums here. Somehow when I was trying to look for another PB to use, it wiped out my tab I had open for it :(

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

use notepad.......thats what i would do. Copy and paste it somewhere just in case too.

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I will now lol. I just hate how it tabs everything when I copy it over

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

CTRL Z, CTRL Z, CTRL Z!!!

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

OMG that blows. Notepad ftw bro.

Or open office.... It's free. works perfectly.

http://www.openoffice.org/

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    thanks Helli, I'ma get that!

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS
    KEY PLAYERS
    SO-QB Jeremy Cooke (86)
    SR-WR Shaun Brown (92)
    SR-TE Avery Stevenson (95)
    SR-RE Brannon Edwards (94)
    SR-ROLB Adam King (95)
    SR-CB Jermaine Bell (95)

---Losing Smith and Luallen to the pros hurts this national title champ because it leaves a huge void in the offense. Enter SO-QB Jeremy Cooke and FR-RB Clifford Perry. Both haven't received much time on the team (PErry being a new recruit) and there's some uncertainty as to how they will perform as of right now. After all, it's been YEARS since GT has put out there a pocket passing QB and that's what Cooke is. If he wants to be successful, he'll have to use his impact WR Shaun Brown, a smallish 171lb WR who is a solid all-around WR. TE Avery Stevenson maybe the best overall receiver that Cooke has and while Stevenson isn't the fastest guy, he's one of those jack of all trades. The defense is where GT shines and it's led by their SR-RE, Brannon Edwards. Edwards has had back to back 22 tackle for loss seasons and he expects the trend to continue. Adam King is a little used LB who looks to break loose after learning and riding the pine for most of his time at GT. Jermaine Bell is apart of a secondary that's one of the best in the nation and he leads it with his spectacular play shutting down opposing WR's. While he's not the fastest, his positioning on every play is second to none. GT's chances at repeating look slim after losing more than 50% of their offense to the pros/graduation but if there's a coach that can harness the offense, it's Moreecemos.
    STRENGTHS- Oline, Secondary
    WEAKNESSES- RB, WR effectiveness
    UNCERTAINTY- QB

LSU TIGERS
    KEY PLAYERS
    JR-QB Michael Clark (89)
    SR-WR Marvin Chandler (96)
    SR-WR Tristan Bates (95)
    SR-ROLB Brigham Shaw (94)
    SR-CB Evan Roth (93)
    SR-FS Chris Hart (93)

---The Tigers are trying to find their niche and with this team, it maybe in passing the ball. Here, they have a duo of reliable wideouts in Chandler and Bates that can help first year starter, Michael Clark, ease into this offense. While both WR's haven't been used a lot, their potential is through the roof. Chandler gets all the pub but Bates maybe the better overall WR with his hands, route running and catching over the middle. There are questions as to how these new guys will gel out there on the field because at the 4 key skill positions on offense, there are all new starters (SR-RB Scott Patterson starts at RB). If there's any issues on offense, they'll have to rely on a defense which is young in the front 4 and strong in the back 7. The seniors rule the defense in the back 7, featuring SR-ROLB Brigham Shaw, a 6'2", 212lb LB who's easily the Tigers best and most aware LB. Then in the secondary, the Tigers shine featuring SR's Evan Roth and Chris Hart. Roth is a pure cover corner who picked off 6 passes last year. Chris Hart mans the FS position and had only 69 tackles after posting two consecutive seasons with 100+ tackles. This is where we see how good of a job Coach Ryno has done recruiting because he's widely known as a recruiting guru.
    STRENGTHS- WR, RB Depth, Oline
    WEAKNESSES- RE
    UNCERTAINTY- QB

MIAMI HURRICANES
    KEY PLAYERS
    JR-QB Adam Francis (91)
    SO-QB Ray Wise (90)
    JR-TE Mickey Stone (88)
    SR-ROLB Mark Garcia (95)
    SR-SS Brett Marquardt (94)
    SR-CB Brian Huff (92)

---Coach Juggs is officially back after getting his Urban Meyer on and attending to personal matters. But after releasing his press release on "da U" it's all systems go. Coach Juggs has been pretty adamant on how much of a hit his offense took and it shows. There's a lack of playmakers on the team and Coach Juggs has been kicking around the idea of a two-QB system featuring his two star kids on offense, Adam Francis and Ray Wise. Francis was the kid lighting up opposing defenses while Wise sat and observed. Now the two-QB system is pretty much a go and they need all the help they can get. Their best threat besides the QB's maybe SR-TE Mickey Stone, a kid who possesses the ability to get open in the middle of the field and has good hands to go along with solid blocking skills. Quite honestly, the defense needs to be outstanding for this year to be a good bounce back year for Miami. They have some special kids here but the one that stands out the most is LB Mark Garcia, a speedy LB who knows how to play the position at a high level. SR-SS Brett Marquardt does a little bit of everything...helps in run support, a sure tackler and can back off into coverage and pick off passes. Then you have a pair of good cover corners, most notably JR-CB Nicholas Thomas who's the fastest kid on the team and two years ago picked off 7 passes. That aggressive style on defense should be back in good standing with Coach Juggs now back in the fold. It'll be interesting to see the re-birth of the Hurricanes program.
    STRENGTHS- QB, LB
    WEAKNESSES- WR, Offensive playmakers
    UNCERTAINTY- RB

NORTH CAROLINA TAR HEELS
    KEY PLAYERS
    SR-QB Jay Wesley (89)
    JR-RB Marcus Kerr (92)
    SR-DT Adam Miller (99)
    SR-DT Anthony Williams (98)
    SR-MLB Justin Johnson (96)
    SR-LOLB Jake Givens (94)

---The Tar Heels are looking to improve on a great season in 2013, which despite losing their last two games, was a success. Afterall, UNC is a basketball school and now their football program has reached high success and drawing in tons of money for the school. Coach Blaza has really given UNC a good name and standing in the ACC and he does it with tough defense and a ground and pound running game. This year will put that to the test especially with an outstanding defense. Their run defense should be tops in the nation with two stud DT's up the gut. While Miller and Williams aren't behemoths down there, they are strong and in the case of Adam Miller, he's unusually fast for a DT (82spd). Adding in LB's Justing Johnson and Jake Givens into the mix and you have middle that rivals those of the Vols and Bulldogs. This defense will lead the way but the offense has to make up for the loss of star RB Dustin Clancy. If you ask UNC fans, he will be missed but in ways, he won't. Clancy was often injured and was unreliable. Enter Marcus Kerr, who rushed for 1278 yards last season. He is expected to have just as good of a season. JR-RB Brent Hayes joined with Kerr last year to combine for over 2000 yards and expect nothing different here. The missing piece to this puzzle is can UNC get steady QB play from Jay Wesley? Wesley threw for 25INT's but only 23TD's and the negative 1:1 ratio isn't a good thing. He'll need to drastically cut down on the turnovers for UNC to be national title contenders again.
    STRENGTHS- DT, LB, RB
    WEAKNESSES- QB
    UNCERTAINTY- WR

TENNESSEE VOLS
    KEY PLAYERS
    JR-RB Brad Dawson (93)
    JR-WR Alex Carlson (96)
    JR-WR David Dingle (94)
    SR-CB Devon Myrick (99)
    SR-RE Leon Jenkins (99)
    SR-CB Sam Clarke (98)

---Tennessee coach can talk all he want about how much talent has been depleted from his roster but sorry...WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU...YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE! The Vols currently have 5 99 overall players and 29 players with 90+ overall. Simply put, we don't see it. On offense they boast the Vols track 4/400 meter relay team featuring SR-WR Sean George, JR-WR Alex Carlson, JR-WR David Dingle and SR-CB Devon Myrick. Sean George is said to be the best WR of the bunch (99ovr) but there's no mistake that Alex Carlson is the best WR on the Vols. His 6'5" height and 97 speed simply makes other CB's look foolish on the field. David Dingle comes out the slot with 99 speed, or in other terms, the fastest kid in the nation...ouch. Now we understand that the Vols have an issue at QB with a battle between SO Ron Treangen and JR Brian Simpson but just throw the ball up and let one of these speed demons get it! Speaking of speed, Devon Myrick is simply one of the best CB's in the nation. 95 speed, can cover the best WR's the nation has to offer and has 16 career INT's going into his final year. Playing alongside of him is SR Sam Clarke, another amazing CB with great cover skills. If there's a reason why these kids are so good, besides being great cover CB's, it's may have to do with a kid by the name of Leon Jenkins. This pass rushing specialist won the Bednarik and Lombardi trophies last year with an absurd 26 sacks. He recorded 103 tackles ON THE LINE! Jenkins has 63 sacks in his career and is trying to get 30 to break his mark from last year from all accounts. After now drooling over his talent, let's see if this title favorite can make it back to the national title game.
    STRENGTHS- Everything
    WEAKNESSES- ALL his kids are small in frame...CAN YOU SAY HIT STICK?
    UNCERTAINTY- QB

VIRGINIA TECH HOKIES
    KEY PLAYERS
    SO-QB Kyle Howard (89)
    JR-RB Patrick Heinz (88)
    JR-WR Jeff Ellis (92)
    SR-LOLB Shelton Crowell (92)
    SO-MLB Robert Evans (92)
    SR-SS Walter Britt (97)

---Coach JMS seemingly always has a kid breaking records at VaTech or becoming this offensive monster. This year, we look to JR-WR Jeff Ellis. Somehow, Coach JMS has persuaded Jeff to give up the crossover dribble, drive and dunk routine to work on his football skills full-time. With that and the fact that Logan "the Wolverine" Thomas has left the building, made the decision so much better for Jeff. Coach JMS also figures to keep Howard as the starting QB...whether it be upright and away from injury or in playing good to prevent him becoming JuJu part deux. The offense should be in great hands in Howard, who has some experience running this high octane attack. On defense, VaTech looks to dispell this rumor that they are bad defensively. Enter LB's Shelton Crowell and Robert Evans. They are apart of a LB corps that maybe one of the best in the nation. No, they aren't flashy kids and no they don't have major experience on the field but their talent cannot be questioned. SR-SS Walter Britt leads this defense with his play. At 5'11", he brings his A game all the time on the field. Last year he posted 82 tackles, 3INT's and 12 pass deflections...Britt is always around the ball and making positive plays for his team. If there's a kid determined to turn around this defense, it's Walter Britt. This year shall bring a new star to the forefront for the VaTech offense and that kid will lead VT hopefully to a title.
    STRENGTHS- Star WR, Secondary
    WEAKNESSES- LB Cohesiveness
    UNCERTAINTY- DT

18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

good stuff.........Bruce Burton is the starter at HB.......Heinz will come in only to give Bruce a rest. Jeff Ellis has the potential but he will get most of the attention from the defense.......lets see if he rises above.

Thanks Mo.

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ga Tech: Hopefully for the good of things like league balance and other things, Ga Tech won't win EVERY SINGLE ACC TITLE the rest of the way. Same thing could be said of Tennessee. I predict they won't, and if I make that prediction, I have to say that this is the year it might not happen. I'm not scared of the Ga Tech offense or defense at this point, only scared of the guy at the controls. But that's not quite enough at this stage of the game, I'm gonna have to call for Ga Tech to lose 1-2 games minimum this season.

LSU: I think he took an interest hit when losing Ford and is still working his way back. If that's there, this is a team that could surprise people. We all know they bring in boat loads of talent every year. can they be assembled for a run at the SEC title and possibly more? There's always two tough teams in his own division that are looking to knock him down a peg and seem to really relish that.

Miami: does he have the interest level in the game, for a prolonged period... He's shown he can hang with people on the sticks if he has talent. They're building that talent back up but it might not be this year that it all comes to fruition. Look for Wise to be more effective his second year in the offense if that's the direction they end up going.

North Carolina: I have stated that they were overrated, but then again they went undefeated for most of the season and then hung with Coach moreecemos for a half. Beating that coach doesn't come in one game you have to learn the different aspects required to hang with him one game at a time. Hopefully for their sake UNC learned more than the Ga Tech coach did in that game.

Tennessee: Keeps his roster in tip top shape. There's only one weakness. The frustrations with landing a QB have reached a boiling point but I know it is just coincidence. There is nothing I can say negative about this team or coach.

Va Tech: Keeps himself entertained by making up nicknames. He is taking a hard look at his team this year but I think they have nearly as much talent as they ever have. It's just a matter of whether JMS can be confident with the team; Team talent, scheme quality, blah blah blah, they all come in a DISTANT second to "coach confidence" in determining the success of Va Tech. After seeing Bruce Burton's ratings I feel that playing him right away - while not a "mistake" - it might have been better to let him sit a year. 20 bucks says he gets hurt.

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Good write ups Mo.

I think it's safe to say that their is a lot of defensive talent on these teams.

21. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Helli is so right on JMS. U gotta get the proverbial monkey off the back!

I'm sure I'll lose two to three games this year. Just not feeling the offense

22. jfosh

jfosh Super

Outstanding writeup(s) MO!!

Georgia's offense does look scarry....It truely is BCS or bust for the Bulldogs this season. Top it off with no Georgia Tech on the schedule all things point to the huge game against Tennessee.

Florida coach Steelah has been heavily involved in the schools ROTC program as of late. Come week 3 like every other year we will know a lot more about this program. Week 3 is the big Tennessee contest. Last year we knew they could score posting 48 in a loss with 8 returners on D will this finally be the year.

Tennessee...phew. Let the investigation begin. How do you get that many talented guys and nobody fails out of school, gets arrested, or caught deficating in the R.A.'s dorm room. Put me in the I'm not buying it crowd, for the were gonna have a down year at Tennessee b.s. that some of the VOLS have been trying to sell. They do have one of the tougher schedules around though.

LSU's enigmatic coach Rynoaid seems more focused than in seasons past. The Media department is turning out press releases, theres a quiet confidence going around campus, and then there is Auburn. The week 2 contest could put the (purple) Tigers in the spotlight are send them to the drawing board early.

Auburn has be receiving national attention for all the right reasons(Tough sledding at Auburn) and some of the wrong ones. It's unique defense lead to lossess against Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, and North Carolina last season. Tennessee, Georgia, & Alabama are all on the 2014 schedule. The unique offense needs to be tinkered with as well. I agree the biggest question isn't the Wetumpka Wizzard but with no Barnes somebody needs to emerge.

Alabama will go as far as their defense takes them. Installing the BYU offense might be a classic bitting off more than you can chew. Early games are showing that McGlaughlin is having a tough time grasping the new play book. The Tide really benefits from no Georgia on the schedule when they are peaking talent wise.

23. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    lol you know what i remember most about you? you use to always tell me you hated that i centered everything lmao...

yeah i use to love those PSU dynasties :(...good memories.

with these sliders, your WR's better have GOOD hands...if not, it's trouble lol.

24. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Holy SHIT is this evident! If your WR's get touched and they have mediocre handles, they will drop it everytime. I'm gonna have to get into the lab to scheme up some ways to get my WRs more separation.

I guess this makes those B speed B+ CTH guys much more valuable.

25. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yep exactly...and the pass out of the flats= don't work if they got shitty hands...I shouldn't be so pissed...my RB's have hands around 61-65 lmao!