2014 Season Previews

Discussion in 'Freshmen Phenoms' started by Brandon S., Aug 23, 2013.

1. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Its that time of year again, same drill as last year, i'll pair you up with teams to preview and get them up no later than week 3. We are trying to fill up before the season starts so we have plenty of time.

Michigan St & TBD
    Penn St & Wisconsin

Miami & Florida St
    Clemson & Georgia Tech
    Syracuse & North Carolina

-Cougars-
    TN_Mike
    D.Earl
    Patster7
    Memphis Blue
    NiceToMeetJew
    Da Rat

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  2. Memphis Blue

Memphis Blue Walk On

Brandon S. do you want me to preview your team, since im not included above? haha

3. Brandon S.

well damn, dont you feel left out. I knew i was forgetting something, we dont have a nebraska team anymore. Let me fix that....

4. Memphis Blue

Memphis Blue Walk On

Brandon S. I mean, I know our performance was pretty forgettable and everything, but.... haha

5. Brandon S.

Haha we'll preview eachother, and Sparty will have to wait for a B1G member

6. Da Rat

Da Rat Walk On

2014 Penn State (12-2, 7-2)

After a close victory over Iowa in the B1G conference championship, Penn State finished the 2013 season at #3, leaving much optimism for the upcoming 2014 season. PSU returns star 6'3" 201lbs wr Allen Robinson (75catchs, 1284yrds), a duo of talented tailbacks in sr's zach zwinak (266carries/1308yrds) and Bill Benton (79/543), and starting qb christian hackenberg with a solid backup qb in jr tyler ferguson. Defensively, the Nittany Lions return a strong secondary lead by fs sr Adrain Amos and a deep defensive line. Questionable players include the Nittany Lion's young offensive linemen and unproven MLB so brandon bell.

Look for Penn State to have another strong year on the ground, with Allen Robinson and a strong TE corps to keep safeties respecting the play action pass. Combined with the athletic ability of Christian Hackenberg, this offense is set to lead the Big Ten, which the Nittany Lions may need to remain competitive against fellow B1G offensive juggernauts Michigan State and Wisconsin.

2014 prediction: pending with schedule

• Like Like x 1
  7. Memphis Blue

Memphis Blue Walk On

SYRACUSE 2014 SEASON PREVIEW

Syracuse enters the 2014 campaign under second year head coach Brandon S. The Orange finished the 2013 season with a 9-4 mark, which included a second place finish in the Atlantic Division, and a bowl victory to cap off the season ranked #23.

Heading into 2014, and still admitting to a rebuilding year, the expectations are high that the Orange can build off last years success. Like fellow ACC competitor UNC, Syracuse failed to win games against the nations toughest, finishing with a 0-4 mark against top teams (user teams). Syracuse will look to change that and compete with top ranked Clemson for an Atlantic Division title and spot in the ACC Championship.

Syracuse returns several playmakers on offense, which will need to carry the load in 2014. They return a stud in Senior HB Jerome Smith, who should see plenty of carries in a balanced attack, even though the Orange tend to lean towards the passing game. Leading that passing attack is Junior QB Terrel Hunt, and he has a bevy of talented receivers to throw to, including playmaker Senior WR Jerrod West.

Defensively, the Orange will struggle at times as an overall unit against tougher competition. While the foundation has been set, the Defense is still a work in progress and will have to play above expectations to reach the goals set out before the season.

2014 Schedule:

vs. #5 Notre Dame
    at Tennessee
    at #18 Georgia Tech
    at #20 Nebraska
    vs. Virginia
    vs. Duke
    vs. Maryland
    vs. #10 Clemson
    at Boston College
    vs. Wake Forest
    at Florida State
    at N C State

Syracuse opens with 3 out of the first 4 games against top 25 opponents, including a nationally televised game against top 5 ranked Notre Dame. Syracuse begins the meat of it's conference schedule with a 4 game home stand, including a top 25 Clemson team coming to the Carrier Dome. If Syracuse can come out unscathed in that home stand, the only true obstacle left would be a trip to Tallahassee, FL, before the season finale.

Record Prediction: 8-4 (3rd Atlantic)

• Like Like x 1